Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your 26er Pics

283K views 1K replies 586 participants last post by  Vepr54r 
#1 · (Edited)
I figured I might as well start this since someone will.

My everyday ride...

Only took me 5 years to post bike details, but...
1992 Serotta T-Max
Size:44L
Columbus Max tubing, Ritchey dropouts
2x8 13-40 with RoadLink. Was 2x7 13-34.
XT derailleurs, XTR canti's, Marzocchi Z3 bomber fork, Bontrager Race 600 bar, Matrix Mt. Titan rims, DX-650 hubs.
Built from a used frame in 2014.
Weighs 27.0 lbs (with platforms).

John

Admin Note:
Hey boys and girls how about full discloser on year / brand / model and how long in service.
- Klurejr via DJ :thumbsup:

Attachments

See less See more
#175 ·
Thanks. Reasons I want to change them: I'd like to shed some weight (they're old square taper Aceras) and more importantly with my 29" inseam I'd like to shorten to a 170. But i don't want those things badly enough to spend the money on them...yet.

BlueSky has SLX sets for $109 which is tempting...maybe we'll see what's out there next spring. I like to do a little something each year. Or if I ride enough maybe I'll pull the trigger on a full suspension frame or complete instead. Time will tell.

#177 ·
Just picked up this frame to do a budget FS build for my son. Moving over most of the parts over from his old bike (it was a xsmall frame, so moving him up to a small). I am trying to nurse the old SID Race shock along. The negative chamber was leaking badly but after disassembling it and lubing everything it is holding air now. We will see how it holds up to its first ride before I try to find some new o-rings that fit.

Bicycle frame Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle Bicycle tire

#182 ·
Just picked up this frame to do a budget FS build for my son. Moving over most of the parts over from his old bike (it was a xsmall frame, so moving him up to a small). I am trying to nurse the old SID Race shock along. The negative chamber was leaking badly but after disassembling it and lubing everything it is holding air now. We will see how it holds up to its first ride before I try to find some new o-rings that fit.

View attachment 978074
Just finished my son's build.
Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame

#180 ·
Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Mode of transport

I just built this Santa Cruz Heckler with a craigslist fork and a mix of new and spare parts. This is my first full suspension frame; I can't wait to ride this weekend!

2011 L Frame
Float 32 RLC 140mm
Float RP23
XT Crankset
SRAM X9 10 speed
Hayes Stroker 185/160
Salsa Rustler 3 bars
Hussefelt 40mm stem
Thomson Elite post
Maxic Crossride wheels
Maxxis Ardent 2.4 f/r

#184 ·
Build kit off my old '05 5spot + the old HT we bought my wife [then GF] back when she was at university =

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Wheel

I'd certainly have been stoked if I had a bike like that when I started riding! Shame the medium 5spot was a bit big for her, but this should be a great starting point.

#189 ·
Finally got a good picture of my 91 Trek 950, almost entirely stock. WTB rocket V saddle, wellago flats and Salsa QRs. Besides obvious wear items, the rest is still as the day I bought it 24 years ago although I think I'm going to change out the stem and bars to something a little wider and more modern. Still ride the bike once a week during summer and fall. After I get the cockpit a little refreshed I'm thinking some wheels built to fit a 10speed cassette and then going 2x10.

#199 ·
Finally got a good picture of my 91 Trek 950, almost entirely stock. WTB rocket V saddle, wellago flats and Salsa QRs. Besides obvious wear items, the rest is still as the day I bought it 24 years ago although I think I'm going to change out the stem and bars to something a little wider

Fantastic! How nice does that lugged True Temper frame ride? Have the same frame on my 1991 970 and pretty much all stock except for the bars. Couldn't handle 20.5" wide bars. Had to add a few inches. Good to see another lugged singletrack being loved. They built those bikes right.

#190 ·
Trek Slash 7 2013 - My daily ride! I do about 25km a day just commuting, then hit the hills at the weekend when I can. I must have done ~4k km on the bike so far overall.

Upgrades from stock:

- Shimano Zee brakes (original Avid Elixir 5 were awesome when the worked...)
- Rockshox Reverb Stealth seatpost
- Hope SS GXP bottom bracket (original lasted ~ 10 months)
- 1x10 setup from Oneup Components. 30t n/w at the front, and 11-42 cassette. KMC chain.
- Bontrager Montrose Comp saddle
- Shimano Saint pedals

Summer spec tires: Bontrager XR3 team issue front, Bontrager XR2 team issue rear (both tubeless)
Winter/DH/bike park tires: Maxxis HRII

Been thinking of putting on some wider 800mm bars, and have been toying with the idea of a Pike or Talas (Dual position) for a while to help on the commute, but I'd have to invest in 2 new wheels sets (I have 20mm axle) so always put it on hold.

Overall, I *love* this bike - my road bike and backup 650b HT get ridden, but this bike is the one I can never wait to ride.

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

#202 ·
honestly...neither...i'd want pro team! :)
They actually both look pretty good...I'd go the black...i know they never look that good in pictures, but having looked at the black (well grey) 675 in person it looked fab, so I'd imagine the mtb would be the same...but that still couldn't win me over pro team

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.