Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your 26er Pics

283K views 1K replies 586 participants last post by  Vepr54r 
#1 · (Edited)
I figured I might as well start this since someone will.

My everyday ride...

Only took me 5 years to post bike details, but...
1992 Serotta T-Max
Size:44L
Columbus Max tubing, Ritchey dropouts
2x8 13-40 with RoadLink. Was 2x7 13-34.
XT derailleurs, XTR canti's, Marzocchi Z3 bomber fork, Bontrager Race 600 bar, Matrix Mt. Titan rims, DX-650 hubs.
Built from a used frame in 2014.
Weighs 27.0 lbs (with platforms).

John

Admin Note:
Hey boys and girls how about full discloser on year / brand / model and how long in service.
- Klurejr via DJ :thumbsup:

Attachments

See less See more
#160 ·
I'll play.

Custom little Wraith play bike by my buddy Daren in N. Conway NH. Sub-15" chainstays but will fit a 2.4" tire, EBB, super tight. Gets changed up into all sorts of fun incarnations. So wrong it's right.

08ish Sinister Shenanigan. 165/170 rig. (Basically a Devinci Hectik.) Fun bike; used it as my main bike for a pretty long stretch and it's a solid all-arounder that can easily take a lot more than I could ever throw at it.

05/06 Sinister DNA. Frank the Welder built DJ/park bike. I can't begin to do this bike justice.

6" Wraith Sofaking custom w/a scavenger build. Single pivot, idler, floating brake, my current favorite. If you can't have a good time on this bike, you have no soul.

Way old pic, but this frame is still around as a pumptrack/DJ build. Aztech Flying Polack, basically a steel P-bike with horizontal drops and a derailleur hanger. Something another friend built. Ran it as a trail bike for a season and it held it's own. Damn near indestructible; another keeper.

I still have this frame around and plan to revive it for my son (he's about ready to move up from 24" on mtbs). Another Frank the Welder creation, (along with Mickey from Spooky). Usually ran it with an air adustable platform air shock and set up as a trail bike. That turnbuckle gizmo along with a couple different shock mount positions, and a little fiddling, you can run it as a ~110-140 travel and adjust the angles infinitely between high and tight to wicked slack. The most 'tweakable' bike I've ever owned or probably come across.

Still got this 95 DB Axis, Logic 853 tubes, Breezer drops, 1 of 500. about as close as you can get to a real Ritchey. Still got the Spin wheels and all. Could never bring myself to ditch it.

Not mine in the pic, but I have one of these running too. Same color and similar build. 06 Turner DHR

Besides those, the wife has a 06 Enduro, the kid inherited a sick 09 or '10 carbon Mojo SL complete from my father (who went to the dark side and built himself a Niner for his 70th b'day), usually have a few random loaners/giveaways looking to be re-homed, even got one of these collecting dust in the shed - 87 Bridgestone.

#162 ·
It always amazed me how similar Ventanas were to Turners back in the day. Basically the same frames. This DH version a bit tweaked and a little different than Turner. But their other models were almost identical.

Abe nice ride by the way. :cool:

#163 ·
Thanks Dirtjunkie! Even though its design is now sorta old school I enjoy riding it and feel really comfortable in it. They only thing that felt a little bit off at first was the wee bit extra height on the bb, but I got used to it pretty quickly. Here is a recent video of me having some fun with "LA BRUJA"!

#166 ·
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim

Here is my 2011 5-Spot. Still a great bike. I have extensively ridden 27.5" bikes recently and can say, there is not much difference - so the 5-Spot stays.

#168 ·
Recent Pic of my 1994 Univega w/ AMP fork. Just dropped a shorter stem on it and 700mm bars. Before that I was still running 580 bars and a 140mm stem...my god this has transformed this bike into one I want to ride again!!

#172 ·
Some awesome rigs in here! Mine's nothing like some of these, but it can still outride me.

I didn't know Specialized had a lifetime warranty on frames until I went in to a shop and talked to a friend of mine. Had a early 90s RockHopper A1fs that cracked the head tube. Luckily it was before they discontinued 26" RH frames...asked for black but they only had the "Pro" colors left which were not on the US web site. Had to immediately buy disc wheels and brakes plus a new BB just to get rideable. Slowly upgraded the rest since then.
So my "free" frame ended up costing about as much as a new RH would have :rolleyes: but at least it has better parts, and was ground-up built in my shop. Everything new (found on deals) but the fork.
Fox F100RLC 32 (ebay, repainted and rebuilt here)
SLX trigger shifters
XT rear and cassette
X7 front
Roval wheels
Panaracer Soars
Tektro Dracos
EA50 bars, stem, seatpost (newer, transferred from old frame)
Wellgo M138
Need a new crankset and saddle and it'll be good for a while.:thumbsup:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.