Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your 26er Pics

283K views 1K replies 586 participants last post by  Vepr54r 
#1 · (Edited)
I figured I might as well start this since someone will.

My everyday ride...

Only took me 5 years to post bike details, but...
1992 Serotta T-Max
Size:44L
Columbus Max tubing, Ritchey dropouts
2x8 13-40 with RoadLink. Was 2x7 13-34.
XT derailleurs, XTR canti's, Marzocchi Z3 bomber fork, Bontrager Race 600 bar, Matrix Mt. Titan rims, DX-650 hubs.
Built from a used frame in 2014.
Weighs 27.0 lbs (with platforms).

John

Admin Note:
Hey boys and girls how about full discloser on year / brand / model and how long in service.
- Klurejr via DJ :thumbsup:

Attachments

See less See more
#62 ·
Been wanting to join here for a while, may as well do it now.

Here is my new bike (about 3 month old), a Saracen 2013 Ariel 14X (without the crap stock spec). Got a considerably better spec over that of the new 650b frame, for less money.

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim

And my still living Carrera that has been through hell and back since 2011. Parts have been replaced as they break and funny enough, the drive-train is still going strong with only the cables needing yearly replacement. I think I have clocked in 10,000+ miles on this bike, given that I have been riding it every week since I bought it and I recorded a month on Stava with it and covered 500 miles in that one month.

<3

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

#64 ·
My Bikes:

2002 Enduro pro, Purchased brand new from Super Go in Santa Monica on July 4th Weekend 2002. Changed the Stem to an Azonic 45 degree shorty riser. Replaced the Specialized Strong Arm II Cranks with Race Face, When the Psylo's could no longer be rebuilt I installed some Revelations, and added risers for the Disk Brakes to fit some larger disks in there. The FSR Shock Mount bracket broke last year and I developed a small crack where the seat post is, could not find my reciepts and without that Specialized was no help, so she is retired until I can get fixed.

The first trip to Big Bear (before Snow Summit closed down the on-property runs Circa 2002):

One of my last rides before she was retired:

I ended up going for a bigger frame and bike when I replaced the Enduro, a 2006 Kona Coiler. I have been riding this bike for just over a year now:

Years ago a friend gave me his old Rock Hopper Rigid and I tossed some street tires on it to use for Beach Cruising and short road rides with the wife:

A year ago I purchased my first true Downhill Bike, a 2006 Specialized Bit Hit. Rode it two days at Snow Summit last year, taking it to Mammoth this summer:

well, the front wheel is 26, the rear is 24.....!!!!!

#65 ·
My ride, 2013 Canyon Grand AL. Changed the post to a RaceFace Turbine since the photo was taken and also manage to get a cable clip.

A bike I just finished building for someone, Rebal RL with remote lockout, XT group, Mavic Crossride, some Answer handlebar and stem, Sram grips, Selle Italia Monolink seatpost + Selle Italia SLR flow monolink team edition road saddle blah blah blah awful long name

#69 ·
2012 Fuji Tahoe 4.0

Here's my new 2012 Fuji Tahoe 4. It's a new old stock purchase; I work for a private college that has a pro deal with Fuji for our outdoor program, so got this for less than half original price. Figured I couldn't pass it up! Getting back into mountain biking after a 10 year hiatus. I love 26er. My LBS tries to tell me 26 has been dead since 2007-08. That sounds crazy to me, but whatever. Going to enjoy this one for a while.

I've converted it to a 1X10 using a RaceFace NW 32T ring, switched to a 60mm RaceFace Ride stem and Titec Flat tracker carbon bar, and Eggbeater pedals.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim

#79 ·
I got lucky and found the original in my own computer. I don't even know how I got it since the computer is not very old. I originally posted this on MTBR. Later Dirt Rag published it. I go back to MTBR since some time in the mid-nineties.

"A World Trade Center Survivor’s Tale"

I work(ed) on the 68th floor of One World Trade Center. That’s the North Tower. The first one hit, the last to fall. Guess that’s something to be proud of in its own perverse way.

Me, I’m a creature of habit. For 15 years I’ve gone for coffee at 9:30 am. Never missed my coffee never varied my time. Makes me seem pretty anal when you think about it.

Besides being anal, I hate meetings. I hate meetings almost as much as I love coffee. On September 11, I had a meeting scheduled for 9 am with a woman who likes to talk. (Really likes to talk!) I figured there was no way I’d get coffee by the time she finished so I went for coffee at 8:30 am. Never did that before, haven’t done it since.

Down the elevator, out to the street. Not only do I have coffee at 9:30 everyday, I always buy my coffee from Ali the Afghan on Church Street. (Ali came to New York to avoid the war in Afghanistan.) No reason to change that on the 11th.

I got my coffee and headed back to my office. I spot a dime. Did I mention that I always pick up coins? I do. I’m cheap and anal. I heard a noise and looked up. An American Airlines 767 was in trouble. Wow, it was going to be close to my building. “Holy ****!” It hit my building.

I was working in Public Affairs for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey that day. My comment was recorded by a tourist’s camcorder. “Holy ****!” has been repeated worldwide many times since September 11. It was not the first official statement by a Port Authority employee but it was the most accurate.

I ran. I told others to run. Survivors run, victims stare. I did not spill my coffee.

I reached a pay phone, drank my coffee, and called my mother collect so she could tell everyone I was all right. My wife’s phone number was in my office. I was not going back to my office to get it.

My mother answered the phone. She would not accept the charges. Thanks mom.

I called again and this time I got through.

What could I do? I took the train home. After I walked from the station to my wife’s office. (My car keys were in my office that had ceased to exist by then) She drove me to my car and lent me her spare set of keys. Me, I made one stop. I stopped at my local bike shop and made sure they did not cancel the order I had for new tires.

I eventually got my new tires. I hope Ali still has his coffee stand somewhere in New York City.

#80 ·
B
I got lucky and found the original in my own computer. I don't even know how I got it since the computer is not very old. I originally posted this on MTBR. Later Dirt Rag published it. I go back to MTBR since some time in the mid-nineties.

"A World Trade Center Survivor's Tale"

I work(ed) on the 68th floor of One World Trade Center. That's the North Tower. The first one hit, the last to fall. Guess that's something to be proud of in its own perverse way.

Me, I'm a creature of habit. For 15 years I've gone for coffee at 9:30 am. Never missed my coffee never varied my time. Makes me seem pretty anal when you think about it.

Besides being anal, I hate meetings. I hate meetings almost as much as I love coffee. On September 11, I had a meeting scheduled for 9 am with a woman who likes to talk. (Really likes to talk!) I figured there was no way I'd get coffee by the time she finished so I went for coffee at 8:30 am. Never did that before, haven't done it since.

Down the elevator, out to the street. Not only do I have coffee at 9:30 everyday, I always buy my coffee from Ali the Afghan on Church Street. (Ali came to New York to avoid the war in Afghanistan.) No reason to change that on the 11th.

I got my coffee and headed back to my office. I spot a dime. Did I mention that I always pick up coins? I do. I'm cheap and anal. I heard a noise and looked up. An American Airlines 767 was in trouble. Wow, it was going to be close to my building. "Holy ****!" It hit my building.

I was working in Public Affairs for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey that day. My comment was recorded by a tourist's camcorder. "Holy ****!" has been repeated worldwide many times since September 11. It was not the first official statement by a Port Authority employee but it was the most accurate.

I ran. I told others to run. Survivors run, victims stare. I did not spill my coffee.

I reached a pay phone, drank my coffee, and called my mother collect so she could tell everyone I was all right. My wife's phone number was in my office. I was not going back to my office to get it.

My mother answered the phone. She would not accept the charges. Thanks mom.

I called again and this time I got through.

What could I do? I took the train home. After I walked from the station to my wife's office. (My car keys were in my office that had ceased to exist by then) She drove me to my car and lent me her spare set of keys. Me, I made one stop. I stopped at my local bike shop and made sure they did not cancel the order I had for new tires.

I eventually got my new tires. I hope Ali still has his coffee stand somewhere in New York City.
Wow, thanks for that! That's pretty incredible. What happened to the woman that talks to much?

#84 ·
My Commencal hardtail in 'road' mode.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel

Same bike in 'dirt' mode: Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle frame

And my new Commencal Meta:

Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame

Last picture was taken this morning, it was cold up there! We were just above the snow-line and knackered from the climb. Stopped for ten-minutes to get our breath back but you get cold very fast when you stop. Good ride though :0)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.