Pain to part with- Mtbr.com
    i wear armor cus I suk

Pain to part with

Feeling the need to move to 29... I had so much fun building and riding my full XTR NOMAD C. 25.5 lbs of bliss. Like losing an old friend.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Is there any way you can keep the Nomad ? I've kept my '05 Ellsworth Joker, and I'm glad I did.

mtbr member
    It really is just an object.
    Your memories won't go away.

2 wheel fanatic
    Jul 2019
    It might "just be an object", but it is an object that brings you bliss. Keep the 26er. Save it as a back up bike. Who knows, you might actually prefer the old steed, or in 2 years, the industry might declare 29ers obsolete and push us all back on to bikes that manouver rather than steamroll.
    I want something good to die for
    To make it beautiful to live
    I want a new mistake, lose is more than hesitate.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattiThundrrr View Post
    It might "just be an object", but it is an object that brings you bliss. Keep the 26er. Save it as a back up bike. Who knows, you might actually prefer the old steed, or in 2 years, the industry might declare 29ers obsolete and push us all back on to bikes that manouver rather than steamroll.
    I get it. Try walking away from an F-16N! It's still just an object. I have my old 26er and my old 27.5. You'll never ride them again, but at least you'll have a backup for visitors.

2 wheel fanatic
    Jul 2019
    I think I'd like to try walking towards the F16 first! Maybe walk up the ladder, take a seat...
    I want something good to die for
    To make it beautiful to live
    I want a new mistake, lose is more than hesitate.

i wear armor cus I suk
    Iíll stack it up against my superlight. Lol.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    I'm thinking of turning the Joker into a mullet-bike. I just need to find out if I can
    get a Lyric in 170 mm that has a straight 1-1/8" steerer tube.
    Presto! a Joker Supreme.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    What else are mountain bikes for other than having fun? If you have more fun on 29 then sell the nomad so someone else can enjoy it. I personally don't find burn outs on my butthole fun so no 29'ers for me.

I loved my nomad2 too. Not sure how you got yours down to 25.5lbs. Must have had very light tires, wheels and fork. My lightest build was 30 when I had enve AM's, xx1, sixc cranks/bars. Tires always kept it from dropping into the 20's. I have a nomad3 now that isn't as high quality as the 2. Still a nice frame, but the first carbon nomad's and v10's are probably the best carbon frames ever made in regards to quality.

i wear armor cus I suk
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    What else are mountain bikes for other than having fun? If you have more fun on 29 then sell the nomad so someone else can enjoy it. I personally don't find burn outs on my butthole fun so no 29'ers for me.

I loved my nomad2 too. Not sure how you got yours down to 25.5lbs. Must have had very light tires, wheels and fork. My lightest build was 30 when I had enve AM's, xx1, sixc cranks/bars. Tires always kept it from dropping into the 20's. I have a nomad3 now that isn't as high quality as the 2. Still a nice frame, but the first carbon nomad's and v10's are probably the best carbon frames ever made in regards to quality.
    Idk on weight. Carbon frame. Full xtr top to bottom. Richey carbon seatpost. Easton carbon bar. Talas 34. Factory fox shock, Easton haven carbon wheels and hubs; pretty much does it. It is quick.

Shartacular Spectacular
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    I get it. Try walking away from an F-16N! It's still just an object. I have my old 26er and my old 27.5. You'll never ride them again, but at least you'll have a backup for visitors.
    If youíre feeling nostalgic it just so happens there is one currently available, but you might need to sell a bike or two to make room in your quiver....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/f-16-figh...r-sale-florida
    18í SC Bronson Carbon
    Grip2, Reserve 27's, i9's, Float X2

18' SC V10.6
    Grip2, We Are One: The Outlier, i9's, Avy Woodie

mtbr member
    Im looking at a pivot. My constantly upgraded old heckler will be the backup and it is the perfect size for my son, who is 17. Will get him off my old hardtail. Maybe I can actually get him out to ride now.

Sounds like a great build. I'd keep it if finances and space allow