Need help tracking down service parts for Rockshox Tora 302 RS Core Air forks- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2020

Need help tracking down service parts for Rockshox Tora 302 RS Core Air forks

I have a 2007 Trek Police bike that I bought used years ago. Recently my from forks have died and I need to either have them serviced or do the service myself. I'm pretty hands-on so I believe I could do the service myself if I could track down the right service kit. Herein lies my problem, I can't find part numbers for the correct kit. I tried entering my serial number here: https://trailhead.rockshox.com/en/search/ Unfortunately, my number, 08T80015641 comes up as not found.

Attached are pictures of the forks. Can someone point me in the right direction? My local Trek shop says there are no repair kits for these older forks and want to replace them. I'd much rather repair them than spend more money on new ones than I bought the bike for. Other than the fork issue, the bike is great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help tracking down service parts for Rockshox Tora 302 RS Core Air forks-serial-number.jpg  

Need help tracking down service parts for Rockshox Tora 302 RS Core Air forks-model.jpg  

Need help tracking down service parts for Rockshox Tora 302 RS Core Air forks-brand.jpg  

Need help tracking down service parts for Rockshox Tora 302 RS Core Air forks-air-sticker.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Try this: I know you said you didn't want to spend the money on a new set but...

https://neloscycles.com/Forks-Rock-Shox-Tora/
    Constantly trying to justify riding old bikes when in reality, I'm just too cheap to buy a new one.

mtbr member
    You can also look here:
    Tora Service kit - https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...&category=5671
    32mm fork seals (fits many RS forks) - https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...&category=5671

I had Tora forks years ago, very reliable but if you have not touched them it may be time for a rebuild. I'm pretty sure you can find these in other places too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Thank you for the link, I will certainly take a look if I am unable to track down the parts for mine.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    I saw those when I was looking but wasn't sure if they would fit mine. I've reached out to them to see if they can confirm the fit and when they will be back in stock.

mtbr member
    From what I recall there are soloair and coil options and all have the same damper. The fork seals fit many / most of the 32mm forks so I'd expect you should be able to find something. What's actually wrong with the fork? It does look like you are missing the fork seal (I don't think Tora's had an oil seal & dust seal separate. Is there a foam ring in valley where the stanchion meets the lowers?

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    I'll check for the foam seal when I get home but the dust seal is there, it just slide up the shaft. The problem is that the right tube is leaking oil and the shock fully compresses when sitting on the bike. With no weight on it, it will return to the original ride height.