Klein Mantra looking to buy?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17

    Klein Mantra looking to buy?

    For some time I have been looking at buying the old Klein Mantra. I know it is out dated but need to the bike out of my system. Questions; Should I go with the aluminum or carbon? What about the head set, are they a problem? I have found a bearing kit for the rear swing arm. Would probably update the bike with disk brakes and? I would use the bike for riding on good dirt, nothing extreme or trails, just cruising. I have been reading forums on the bike and problems. Any information I should know before I go on with this? Is there someone that has a nice Mantra out there they would like to sell? Large or XL? I have been watching Craigslist. Is there a Mantra Forum? I should have bought a Mantra years ago, bought other bikes instead. Now it is time. I think after the Mantra will be a.......Maverick. Thanks for the information. Steve V. In Arizona

  2. #2
    Bipolar roller
    Reputation: singletrackmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,244
    They pop up on CL all the time, just be patient. There are two on my local CL and this one looks like a large.
    https://stockton.craigslist.org/bik/5125260219.html

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.vman View Post
    Any information I should know before I go on with this?
    Well, the URT suspension design was listed as one of the 15 worst mtb products ever by dirt mountain bike mag and the Mantra was specifically called out as being the worst of them all, so it's basically the of a worst of the worst. I wouldn't spend more than $50 on the bike and would not put any real money into it, but it would be cool to hang on a wall as bike art.
    15. URT Suspension Frames | The 15 Worst Mountain Bike Products Ever - Dirt
    Get out of the gutter and onto the mountain top.

  3. #3
    I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Reputation: Cayenne_Pepa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,744
    Agree, one of the worst-performing MTBs ever made. Want a Klein?...get an Adroit or Attitude instead - both collectibles that will only rise in value, due to their handmade construction and exceptional rideability. If OP still likes this style of bike....just pick up an old Montague folding URT MTB and say you "finally" did it. Seriously....
    Last edited by Cayenne_Pepa; 09-09-2015 at 03:26 PM.
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rogueldr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    397
    I want one too. Not to ride just to hang on my wall. Loved them back in the day but never had or rode one.
    "Lock S-Foils in attack position"

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thank you for the response. My plan is not to win races, be fast or jump off of buildings. I just want a cruiser. I know there are better bikes, I find the Klein Mantra interesting, have never been on one yet. And when I do ride one, it will not be on rough terrain, there are other bikes for that. Like having an old car, motorcycle or airplane. Of course, a new Honda Civic is faster than an old Ferrari. But there is something about the ride.
    Keep me posted if some interesting Mantra comes up for sale. I have been watching Craigslist for some time. Once again thank you for the information. Steve V. In Arizona

  6. #6
    I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Reputation: Cayenne_Pepa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,744
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.vman View Post
    Thank you for the response. My plan is not to win races, be fast or jump off of buildings. I just want a cruiser. I know there are better bikes, I find the Klein Mantra interesting, have never been on one yet. And when I do ride one, it will not be on rough terrain, there are other bikes for that. Like having an old car, motorcycle or airplane. Of course, a new Honda Civic is faster than an old Ferrari. But there is something about the ride.
    Keep me posted if some interesting Mantra comes up for sale. I have been watching Craigslist for some time. Once again thank you for the information. Steve V. In Arizona
    I'll give it the Mantra did climb pretty good. But, it's heavy and took some getting used to in turns, still. If you still "need" one....get a post-Trek(1995-up one) as the earlier Mantra URTs fell apart easily.
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

  7. #7
    Bipolar roller
    Reputation: singletrackmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,244
    Here is another large. Looks like they might ship, but with conditions. No asking price either.

    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/5200135612.html

    While I can't say I understand why you would want this particular bike, I get the nestalgia for old MTBs. I for example love old linkage forks, which apparently made the short list for the 15 worst mtb products ever. So I am right there with you on unique and classic, but not nessaceraly good performing mtb stuff.
    Get out of the gutter and onto the mountain top.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17
    I bought an old Mantra as per my thread. Took some time and work but finally took several rides. Still needs more work but the bike is coming along. The Mantra is aluminum with ancient Hayes hydraulic disk brakes that work. Front fork is a "Bomber", probably replace with something with air if the bike works out. Riding impressions? Nice ride, easy pedal, climbs well. No seat bobing or "stink bugging" when on the front brake. Using the dial on the rear shock I can set shock damping, to make a supple ride or stiff ride. I do not feel the pedals moving around as I pedal. The bike has not been on rough terrain, only dirt roads. My impression could change perhaps in different conditions. I would like to service the suspension pivot, is there a link to Klein and the service manual? I cannot find the link anymore. Are special tools needed? What is strange is, the rear wheel drop outs face to the rear. On a long and fast down hill I started thinking about the rear wheel slipping straight back and out. This is an old bike of unknown history or rather, do I believe the seller and history? Stopped and checked the quick release, all good. Bike has some "funk" going on. Once I service the suspension pivot and maybe replace the fork will give another review, of course my opinion, and I am trying to make this bike work. Steve V. In Arizona

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockhopper2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    43
    Might turn out to be a nice riding bike for what you want to use it for, OP. I've found with many things - not just bikes - that a lot of the 'experts' that bash them have never owned or tried one, and are simply repeating things they've heard. I've never ridden a Mantra personally and am curious what your final impressions will be.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SeaBass_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,110
    Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper2 View Post
    Might turn out to be a nice riding bike for what you want to use it for, OP. I've found with many things - not just bikes - that a lot of the 'experts' that bash them have never owned or tried one, and are simply repeating things they've heard. I've never ridden a Mantra personally and am curious what your final impressions will be.
    Stating the known fact that the URT is a horrible design is not bashing. Maybe if you actually rode one you wouldn't be pontificating.......;-)

  11. #11
    Sneaker man
    Reputation: mik_git's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,268
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.vman View Post
    I bought an old Mantra as per my thread. Took some time and work but finally took several rides. Still needs more work but the bike is coming along. The Mantra is aluminum with ancient Hayes hydraulic disk brakes that work. Front fork is a "Bomber", probably replace with something with air if the bike works out.

    etc etc...
    You do realise your Mantra is probably older then the "ancient" brakes and that Bombers are in fact pretty awesome fork,s even today...depending on the model.
    Trek kinda sucked up and spat out Klein without a trace, so finding the Klein site for help isn't going to happen, probably more helpful would be to check out retrobike.co.uk

    or the VRC section of this site...
    All the gear and no idea.

  12. #12
    MTB SOCAL
    Reputation: yangpei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,389
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.vman View Post
    Thank you for the response. My plan is not to win races, be fast or jump off of buildings. I just want a cruiser. I know there are better bikes, I find the Klein Mantra interesting, have never been on one yet. And when I do ride one, it will not be on rough terrain, there are other bikes for that. Like having an old car, motorcycle or airplane. Of course, a new Honda Civic is faster than an old Ferrari. But there is something about the ride.
    Keep me posted if some interesting Mantra comes up for sale. I have been watching Craigslist for some time. Once again thank you for the information. Steve V. In Arizona
    Years ago, I thought I wanted to build up a Manitou FS bike. I spent a lot of money building one up with period correct NOS parts. It was probably the cleanest Manitou around, and definitely was cool wall art. But, I ended up selling it after a few years to make space for bikes I ride more. Klein Mantra looking to buy?-manitou-dh.jpg
    09 Jones ti Spaceframe
    12 Canfield Formula 1 Jedi
    16 Knolly Warden Carbon
    19 Chromag Wideangle
    20 Evil The Following v3

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SeaBass_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,110
    Quote Originally Posted by yangpei View Post
    Years ago, I thought I wanted to build up a Manitou FS bike. I spent a lot of money building one up with period correct NOS parts. It was probably the cleanest Manitou around, and definitely was cool wall art. But, I ended up selling it after a few years to make space for bikes I ride more. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Manitou DH.jpg 
Views:	950 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	1027771
    I was always intrigued by those. It was neat the way they used the individual fork legs for rear suspension. We're they air or elastomer?

  14. #14
    MTB SOCAL
    Reputation: yangpei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,389
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass_ View Post
    I was always intrigued by those. It was neat the way they used the individual fork legs for rear suspension. We're they air or elastomer?
    Elastomer, I believe.
    09 Jones ti Spaceframe
    12 Canfield Formula 1 Jedi
    16 Knolly Warden Carbon
    19 Chromag Wideangle
    20 Evil The Following v3

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crankyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    457
    I still drag my 1997 Mantra out occasionally and use it on a dry trail. It sports a disc brake on the front but with XT V brake on the rear. It still won't stop for squat, but it does have a unique perspective that I enjoy like a vintage wine. It was a ton of fun at the time!
    I for one would love to ride that Manitou FS!
    I just saw "Scepter" and I'll bet that 63 Aston Martin drives like shite compared to the newer AM.
    Just because something isn't perfect now, doesn't mean it wasn't perfect then!
    I hope you enjoy the Mantra! I believe the unique drop outs were common to all "Centralia" Kleins!
    Trek did to Klein what Budweiser is/has done to Redhook, Goose Island, 10 Barrel, Widmer, et al.
    Cheers

  16. #16
    Sneaker man
    Reputation: mik_git's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,268
    I ran a Manitou for years, great handling bike and in nice single track it was a weapon, btu anything with bigger stuff in it...it was a bit... well it would try to spit you off every now and then.... And climbing, not so good for that.
    All the gear and no idea.

  17. #17
    Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Reputation: NEPMTBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    8,468
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrackmack View Post
    Well, the URT suspension design was listed as one of the 15 worst mtb products ever by dirt mountain bike mag and the Mantra was specifically called out as being the worst of them all, so it's basically the of a worst of the worst. it would be cool to hang on a wall as bike art.
    Mines hanging on my wall...
    ...for the exact reasons listed above!

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    539
    Had one!It sent me to the hospital!Incredible loading of the front end under braking with a suspension fork.Gary Klein designed the bike for a rigid fork hence the high centered pivot.Idea being that it would rock on the pivot when hitting bumps with the front wheel and compress the shock.

    Enjoy the ride!

  19. #19
    Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Reputation: NEPMTBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    8,468
    Quote Originally Posted by mxer View Post
    idea being that it would rock on the pivot when hitting bumps with the front wheel and compress the shock.

    Enjoy the ride!
    stinkbug!

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    stinkbug!
    Yep especially with a suspension fork.During pedaling and braking the rear wheel is being pulled under you.Makes for slow climbing and complete loading of front wheel under braking.The original Cannindale EST had some of these traits also but not as bad.

    Enjoy the bike but if you start riding more techy trails and riding harder be careful.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DethWshBkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,426
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass_ View Post
    Stating the known fact that the URT is a horrible design is not bashing. Maybe if you actually rode one you wouldn't be pontificating.......;-)

    Having just bought a Mantra myself a month ago, it is an oddball feeling design. SMOOOOOOOTH as butter seated, but the front brake caused serious rear suspension jacking.

    Now, I also take issue with the URT being a bad design. I used to race on a '96 Y33.
    I still absolutely loved that bike. I want another, honestly. The URT did what it was intended to do a that time.
    Yup. Fond, fond, fond memories on that bike.

    Klein Mantra looking to buy?-1618021_10202883982473316_640638943_o.jpg

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankyone View Post
    I still drag my 1997 Mantra out occasionally and use it on a dry trail. It sports a disc brake on the front but with XT V brake on the rear. It still won't stop for squat, but it does have a unique perspective that I enjoy like a vintage wine. It was a ton of fun at the time!
    I for one would love to ride that Manitou FS!
    I just saw "Scepter" and I'll bet that 63 Aston Martin drives like shite compared to the newer AM.
    Just because something isn't perfect now, doesn't mean it wasn't perfect then!
    I hope you enjoy the Mantra! I believe the unique drop outs were common to all "Centralia" Kleins!
    Trek did to Klein what Budweiser is/has done to Redhook, Goose Island, 10 Barrel, Widmer, et al.
    Cheers

    I rode a 1998 race version for a season or two back in the day:
    1998 Klein Mantra Race LT - New and Used Bike Value

    Loved it back then, although I did get in over it's head a few times on a trip to Moab in 2000.

    I also still have my 1997 Attitude that we currently use to pull the kids around.

    As for the rear dropouts, all Kleins I have seen have them. It seems weird at first, but way back when I bought my first the mechanic explained the philosophy was that the dropout prevented the axle from slipping forward under pedal forces. I think it just made removing the rear wheel more tricky

    OP, glad to hear you found what you were looking for. I hope you enjoy it!

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thank you for the replies on the, "Mantra". Appears that Trek has taken down the information on Mantra rear pivot service (or I cannot find it). Does anyone know how to access the repair information for the Mantra pivot? Stink bugging, I replaced the brake pads with EBC green and new rotors for the Hayes ancient disk brakes. Still too early to tell but, not much braking power. Tried making some serious front brake only stops. I did notice the suspension pivot will rise. Probably more if the bike had a powerful front brake. Was strange but not alarming yet. Of course the "Bomber" front fork dives also as I have it soft. The rear shock is set rather stiff for now. Too me, the Mantra is more road bike than off road bike. That could change with wider tires. I hope it will do well as a spare fun bike, to ride dirt roads and rough pavement. Steve V. In Arizona

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DethWshBkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,426
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.vman View Post
    Thank you for the replies on the, "Mantra". Appears that Trek has taken down the information on Mantra rear pivot service (or I cannot find it). Does anyone know how to access the repair information for the Mantra pivot? Stink bugging, I replaced the brake pads with EBC green and new rotors for the Hayes ancient disk brakes. Still too early to tell but, not much braking power. Tried making some serious front brake only stops. I did notice the suspension pivot will rise. Probably more if the bike had a powerful front brake. Was strange but not alarming yet. Of course the "Bomber" front fork dives also as I have it soft. The rear shock is set rather stiff for now. Too me, the Mantra is more road bike than off road bike. That could change with wider tires. I hope it will do well as a spare fun bike, to ride dirt roads and rough pavement. Steve V. In Arizona
    http://www.vintage-trek.com/Trek-Fis...anualKlein.pdf



    I think I'm going to replace the fork (which had no elastomers left in it, they had disintegrated to powder) with a 100mm fork. That will raise the front end a decent amount.
    I have been tempted to tear down the Fox Vanilla shock, and have an internal bushing put in, which will limit it's extension. This would further reduce the amount of brake jack that is available, as well as make the head angle slightly shallower yet. I wonder about the seat tube angle though!
    I also did mount a Fox Alps4 shock, which is infinitely adjustbale spring rate of course, and I was tempted to get a set of offset bushings instead of modify the Vanilla shock. We'll see. I intend to ride the bike myself off road!

    If I can get another Y bike without a broken rear shock mount, I will gladly ride that thing too! Shoot, I've even been looking for a SuperV 900. Been getting the nostalgia bug, and want to have all the bikes I used to ride/race back in the 90's. (Except the Mantra, never owned one of those then!)

  25. #25
    No good in rock gardens..
    Reputation: Sideknob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,389
    Ah yes, URT bikes. Some really high, some really low pivot.

    Remember the Barracuda URT bikes?

    1998 Barracuda Cuda Cat XX XC - New and Used Bike Value

    And the Fisher Joshua series - very low pivot and they bobbed a fair bit.
    Less isn't MOAR

  26. #26
    Bipolar roller
    Reputation: singletrackmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankyone View Post
    Trek did to Klein what Budweiser is/has done to Redhook, Goose Island, 10 Barrel, Widmer, et al.
    Cheers
    It was always my understanding that what Trek did to Klein, Gary Fisher and Bontrager was extending the life of those brands. I don't really know for sure, but it seemed to me at the time that what Trek did was really bailiout these companies. If Trek did not step in, they would have gone out of business within a year of when Trek bailed them out.

    I remember Gary fisher and Klein had some serious quality control and customer service issues before trek extended the life of those brands. I know Bontrager was having serious financial issues and if trek didn't step in, they would have disappeared in the early 90's. Trek buying out bontrager allowed them to continue to make bikes in Santa Cruz until the late 90's. Also, if it wasn't for trek bailing out these brands, we might not have 29ers or the modern geo that makes bikes so good today.
    Get out of the gutter and onto the mountain top.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crankyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    457
    I think a lot of the bike companies were on the ropes at the time Trek purchased some really fine privately held companies, Klein being one that had a stellar reputation on the West coast.
    My point was that like many of the recently purchased manufacturing (marketing) businesses purchased by larger competitors, the larger public entity had cash, buys out the private ownership. They eliminate a fine competitor at the same time they potentially pick up the entire market share. iN the process they stand the chance of acquiring new high energy employees (Gary Fisher). Generally the entrepreneurs that were acquired with the purchase can't handle the corporate culture and fade into the sunset with the cash.
    I have been on both sides of this type of corporate behavior, so I am not so much condemning it but noting and commiserating about the loss of a smaller US manufacturers that I liked.
    I ride a Trek, so I am not bashing them. But the larger the corporations marketing the concepts (i.e.:29er, 27.5er,) the less resistant the market becomes to their sponsored changes. Some of the changes are based on real R&D progress, some are based on selling more product. The smaller firms need to follow, or go extinct as they are passe'!

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17
    Found and bought a Mantra, great bike for what I use it for. Nothing technical, just rough roads and working out. Little maintenance needed since it has a single pivot. Nice ride, climbs well. Those old Hydraulic brakes are just OK. On the brakes and the "stink bug" reaction is not there as I have read about, at least with me. Maybe on a steep descent. I have tried hard using the front brake at 35 MPH on pavement with no big "stink bug" happening. Interesting climbing bike as on and off the seat, make for a different rides. After several rides it becomes your/my bike and I adapt. Time for new front fork, thinking about converting to 27.5 rims. Since I do not have big tires on the bike I hope they will fit. limited street tire selection with the 26 inch rims. There is Mantra on Ebay with 27.5 rims, appear to work. After almost two years and at least 2,000 miles satisfied with bike. My wife thinks it is weird looking. Another reason to look for a carbon Mantra. Sizing is also not correct, I find the Klein sizing runs a little small. Old but fun, better bikes now but not a funky old Klein. And no, I have not jumped, or did anything extreme with the bike. Curious if anyone has tried to convert to 27.5 wheels. Thank you for the time. Steve V. In Arizona

  29. #29
    Bikes in jeans
    Reputation: jestep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,250
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.vman View Post
    Found and bought a Mantra, great bike for what I use it for. Nothing technical, just rough roads and working out. Little maintenance needed since it has a single pivot. Nice ride, climbs well. Those old Hydraulic brakes are just OK. On the brakes and the "stink bug" reaction is not there as I have read about, at least with me. Maybe on a steep descent. I have tried hard using the front brake at 35 MPH on pavement with no big "stink bug" happening. Interesting climbing bike as on and off the seat, make for a different rides. After several rides it becomes your/my bike and I adapt. Time for new front fork, thinking about converting to 27.5 rims. Since I do not have big tires on the bike I hope they will fit. limited street tire selection with the 26 inch rims. There is Mantra on Ebay with 27.5 rims, appear to work. After almost two years and at least 2,000 miles satisfied with bike. My wife thinks it is weird looking. Another reason to look for a carbon Mantra. Sizing is also not correct, I find the Klein sizing runs a little small. Old but fun, better bikes now but not a funky old Klein. And no, I have not jumped, or did anything extreme with the bike. Curious if anyone has tried to convert to 27.5 wheels. Thank you for the time. Steve V. In Arizona
    They typically climb great because of the steep headtube angle and the rear suspension is effectively locked out when out of the saddle. The issue is that the rear suspension doesn't work unless you're on the saddle, and then it's like riding a spring loaded bucking horse every time you hit a decent bump or cause the rear suspension to compress at all. I never remembered having issues when braking, but I thankfully didn't own one, just got to scare the confidence out of myself on a friends a handful of times.

    I think you'd be pushing it with 27.5 rims, maybe could get away with some 27.5 x 1.8 road'ish tires, even then I'm not sure it will fit. Additionally, I wouldn't want to put any additional height on the bottom bracket.
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4
    I bought a '97 Mantra, but it had 2 hairline cracks by the seatpost.
    Bikeline warranteed me to a 2003 Klein Palomino, and it doesn't bob like a pogo stick.

    I like how the Mantra looks, but its not a good design.

    If I destroy this practically indestructable bike, I'll end up getting a Trek DS under warranty.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thank you for the reply. I have a Palomino also. Installed the Maverick bearing link, no more glued in plastic bushings. Rear shock life on the Palomino is limited in my experience. The Palomino is my off road bike, the Mantra I use of dirt roads, nothing technical, just working out. Two different bikes. Too me, both climb well out of the seat.
    Steve V.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4
    I should've bought the Maverick bearing setup, but I waited too long, NLA.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3

    How much does Mantra cost?

    Hi, couple years ago my dad wanted to build bike, but he didnt finish this project. That bike is brand new Klein Mantra. But just frame, with rear suspension, front derailleur chain, grips etc. But without fork, handlebars, wheels, brakes and rear derailleur. Firstly I was thinking about building it and ride it just for fun, but than I read somewhere, that it is pretty rare piece nowadays.

    So I thought I could just sell it how it is or build it and than sell it, but I dont have a clue about price.

    Do you have an idea for how much could I sold brand new Mandra if i build it, or just that frame? Is it worth it?

    I dont know where to write, so you are hopefully still active.

    Thanks a lot,

    xrekad, Czechia

  34. #34
    Bikes in jeans
    Reputation: jestep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,250
    Quote Originally Posted by xrekad View Post
    Hi, couple years ago my dad wanted to build bike, but he didnt finish this project. That bike is brand new Klein Mantra. But just frame, with rear suspension, front derailleur chain, grips etc. But without fork, handlebars, wheels, brakes and rear derailleur. Firstly I was thinking about building it and ride it just for fun, but than I read somewhere, that it is pretty rare piece nowadays.

    So I thought I could just sell it how it is or build it and than sell it, but I dont have a clue about price.

    Do you have an idea for how much could I sold brand new Mandra if i build it, or just that frame? Is it worth it?

    I dont know where to write, so you are hopefully still active.

    Thanks a lot,

    xrekad, Czechia
    Can you post a picture? Some people are interested in them, a new frame would probably be more desirable, but 26in frames in general aren't getting a lot of interest these days. I think the price would largely depend on the color / paint scheme.
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by jestep View Post
    Can you post a picture? Some people are interested in them, a new frame would probably be more desirable, but 26in frames in general aren't getting a lot of interest these days. I think the price would largely depend on the color / paint scheme.

    Sorry, I have some troubles with uploading images. It says that uploading failed... I will try to figure it out.

    But it is white/black, that thick part of frame is white and the moving one is black. There are Adidas, Rock - shox, Gore - tex and Schwalbe stickers all over it.

    Thank you for patience, xrekad

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3


    Here it is, I had to make them smaller. Original is 11mb large, now it is just 3, that was probably problem.

    Thanks again, xrekad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Klein Mantra looking to buy?-20200918_101844_hdr.jpg  

    Klein Mantra looking to buy?-20200918_102203_hdr.jpg  


Similar Threads

  1. Klein Mantra: New Shifter and FD or go 1x9?
    By lucky53s in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2014, 10:44 PM
  2. Klein Mantra Swingarm Help!!
    By eschram in forum Trek
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-30-2014, 12:44 PM
  3. Klein mantra bushings?
    By jaydog in forum Trek
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2013, 11:36 AM
  4. Klein Mantra info.
    By henrymiller1 in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-15-2012, 11:38 PM
  5. Should I Buy a Klein Mantra?
    By Bwick84 in forum Trek
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 08:21 AM

Members who have read this thread: 24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.