Klein Mantra carbon headset adapters- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Klein Mantra carbon headset adapters

Found a new, never assembled Klein Mantra Carbon. No parts included except rear triangle and rear shock. Looking for headset adapters to install 1 1/8 inch fork. Have tried: Problem Solvers HD9903 (appear to be out of stock), sellutioncomponents adapters not even close. Reset racing in Germany does not respond. Company in UK that paints Kleins, will contact Reset for headset adapters. What to do for headset adpaters? Before I begin making making myself or hiring out, perhaps someone knows of adapters or? Bottom of head tube is; 1.990 inch or; 50.546mm. Top of head tube; 1.740 or; 44.196mm. dimensions are close. Thank you in advance looking forward to assembling bike.
    Steve V.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Why don't you track down the fork that was on it. Nothing you put on the front is going to make the bike rideable given the rear suspension design.

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertride View Post
    Why don't you track down the fork that was on it. Nothing you put on the front is going to make the bike rideable given the rear suspension design.
    As long as the OP only ascends, he will be fine. Everyone that has firsthand experience trying to ride that frame down a mountain will tell you that you are a fool. Gary Klein even admitted his concept was much better on paper than how it was executed.
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Did Klein use the ICBM Headset that Schwinn was using back in the day, or was it something different?
    "And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called, The Human Race..."

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    No idea if Klein used the large, "Lefty" headset. Klein called the headset; Airheadset, 33.3/1.75-2" /39.7 0mm stack. Building the bike as more of a Gravel bike. Doubt with me, it will ever see big drops or steep down hills. Is there an old Klein specialty site? Thanks, Steve