mtbr member
    Aug 2016

Did some upgrades this week

I love my bike but it has seen better days...until now!

I know some people cringe when they see money being thrown at an old bike but I thought this group might appreciate it.

The bike is a Trek Liquid 65 that I bought secondhand 2 years ago. All I did with it then was a new fork(RockShox Argyle).

The rear shock(Manitou 3 way swinger) leaked air and I was basically riding on the coil. It was wavy like a boat. I ordered up a RockShox Monarch RL.

The bike was set up 3x9 and never really shifted right. Later I found out that the original owner removed the bash guard and added the 3rd chainring but left the 2x derailleur. I found a new original crank set(Bontrager Earl) that came with the bike on ebay.

Upgrade-itis was now in full swing.

I ordered a new XT front derailleur. Then decided I was also going to convert to 10 speed in the rear so got a new XT Rear derailleur and cassette and 10 speed chain.

Dropper post and tubeless coming soon.

Also I put all new pivot bearings in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Great looking bike, I really appreciate people caring for their bike even if it has a few years.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg123 View Post
    Great looking bike, I really appreciate people caring for their bike even if it has a few years.
    Thanks! Just like my vehicles I bought it used with plans to maintain and ride it to itís death. I am getting married this summer so I do plan on getting a new bike in the next year or two before we have a child because once that happens it could be a very long time before I have the opportunity to do so. If I get a new bike before this sees itís demise I plan on keeping it as a loaner to get my non mtb friends on the trails and hopefully hooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Did some upgrades this week-img_0052.jpgDid some upgrades this week-img_0777.jpgI did the same 6 years ago to my Giant Warp DS3, but recently bought a new Scott Spark. I still have the Giant and like to ride it but will admit my Spark is way lighter.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Awesome! I am currently upgrading my 2009 Giant Anthem X2. First cleaned and serviced everything. Got some essentials (New rear wheel/tire, seat, grips and fork seals). Dropper post on the way. Considering going 1x11??

Its amazing what a good cleaning can do for an old bike. Mine looked pretty junky and beat up when I got it but it looks pretty damn good all cleaned up.