ISO Diameter: 559 / touring / 26"
    Hub Drilling: choose; 32 hole, or 36 hole
    Rim Width (External): 26.2mm
    Eyelets: Single
    Machined brake track

Velo Orange Voyager
    Tubeless Compatibility: Tubeless compatible
    Brake Compatibility: Rim and Disc

Are the only rim brake tubeless rims I can find.

Stan make a variety of 26 disk rims.

What about tires?
    26″ x 1.8″ Naches Pass TC
    Schwalbe Marathon Almotion TLE
    are the only tubeless tires I can find to fit my 95 Hardrock.

I put some 2.1 Small Block 8 tires on the Hardrock. They left just enough room for a sheet of paper to slip between tire and stay.

Maxxis and others make 2.4 or 2.25 tires in 26. But what about folks with an older bike? What is out there for us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOI_...FvhINM&index=1

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Forget what is marketed at "tubeless tires." Any tire can be tubeless. I'm currently running the Schwalbe Marathon Supreme on my tandem, tubeless. Before that it had Bontrager XR3s, also tubeless. Don't ask the tire companies for permission, just tape it and set it up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by twodownzero View Post
    Don't ask the tire companies for permission, just tape it and set it up.
    Can be done.

Could there be tubeless ready tires and rims for the 26er that I am not aware of?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post
    Can be done.

Could there be tubeless ready tires and rims for the 26er that I am not aware of?

Almost every single tire and every single rim can be set up to be run tubeless. Nothing is marked as such but they all can be.
    It is the Right of the People to Alter or to Abolish It.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Almost every single tire and every single rim can be set up to be run tubeless. Nothing is marked as such but they all can be.

I noticed that my old Hardrocker tire fits much tighter on the new tubeless rim. On the old rim I can mount the tire by hand. On the new rim I need 2 tire levers to get it on there.

Better seal = less maintenance? More reliable?

I am in the process of cleaning out the 10 year old bike parts and getting modern things. An old frame can be updated with modern parts. Even 26 inch tubeless rims and tires.

Hey, the good news is that old 10 or 9 speed parts are on sale for 50% or 75% off.

No reason why my 95 hardrock can not be a nice bike with modern well made tubeless tires. That is if I can find some.

up to you
    https://www.singletracks.com/mtb-rep...ountain-bikes/

Bikes in jeans
    Here was my list from a few years ago. The 355's are my pick, and you can run the annodized version with rim brakes.

Stans ZTR 355
    DT XR425
    DR XR4.1D

Others
    Mavic 719 and 819 Tubeless Rim Brake
    Mavic Crossmax (ST and SL) Tubeless
    Mavic Crossroc Tubeless
    Bontrager Race X Lite Tubeless
    Bontrager Race Lite Tubeless
    Bontrager Mustang TLR (ceramic brake surface)
    Velocity A23 TLR
    WTB Something (maybe frequency, can't remember this one off the top of my head)
    XTR M970 Tubeless
    XT M770 Tubeless
    Several other older shimano wheelsets from Deore, LX, XT, and XTR.

Not saying it will be easy to find some of them these days.

Most of the schwalbe tires come in 26in tubeless, rocket rons, nobby nics, hans dampf, etc., look for TL Easy in their description and they generally have to be the evo line.
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

mtbr member
    Thanks for the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by jestep View Post

Not saying it will be easy to find some of them these days.

I looked for the 355 but could not find them. maybe I am out of style.

Velocity has a chart to help choose a rim size.

https://www.velocityusa.com/files/up...re%20Chart.jpg

Schwalbe also has a chart
    https://www.schwalbetires.com/tech_info/tire_dimensions

Bikes in jeans
    They're discontinued but fairly common ebay for NOS or lightly used ones, the machined rim brake ones are very hard to find though.

Velo Orange Voyager looks pretty decent, I don't have any experience with the brand though, definitely on the pricey side but not much being made in 26, with brake tracks these days. I think sun rhynolites still come in 26, I've seen people run them tubeless.
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

mtbr member
    I noticed that my old Hardrocker tire fits much tighter on the new tubeless rim. On the old rim I can mount the tire by hand. On the new rim I need 2 tire levers to get it on there.

Better seal = less maintenance? More reliable?

I am in the process of cleaning out the 10 year old bike parts and getting modern things. An old frame can be updated with modern parts. Even 26 inch tubeless rims and tires.

Hey, the good news is that old 10 or 9 speed parts are on sale for 50% or 75% off.

No reason why my 95 hardrock can not be a nice bike with modern well made tubeless tires. That is if I can find some.

up to you
    https://www.singletracks.com/mtb-rep...ountain-bikes/
    I have an old 1994 Specialized Stumpjumper steel bike with a Z2 Atom bomb fork running Mavic 217 rims, and panaracer fire tires all set up tubeless. The tubeless is just to reduce weight a bit. Bike is about 24 pounds but could be below 23 with another lighter fork.

Don't ride it much but have fun when I do!
    It is the Right of the People to Alter or to Abolish It.

Rod
    mtbr member
    The Stan's 355 were solid rims. A friend ran a set for years and they're still going a decade later. I converted by Mavic wheelset by gorilla tape, but I know that's not for everyone and it's definitely not as easy as a setup designed for tubeless use.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=chrisx;14494545]I looked for the 355 but could not find them.

I have some new 355s hanging in my garage........How many do you need?
    I Pity The Fool That Can't Ride A Bike Without A Dropper!!

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=tom tom;14497297]
    I looked for the 355 but could not find them.

I have some new 355s hanging in my garage........How many do you need?
    How much do you want for them? Maybe 2 if they are not too very expensive.

I am away from home. If you still have them after a while I might want them.

26 inch Stan's 355 tubeless rims, to make sure we are both on the same page

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=chrisx;14500383]
    Quote Originally Posted by tom tom View Post

How much do you want for them? Maybe 2 if they are not too very expensive.

I am away from home. If you still have them after a while I might want them.

26 inch Stan's 355 tubeless rims, to make sure we are both on the same page
    Send me a PM when you get home.
    I Pity The Fool That Can't Ride A Bike Without A Dropper!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Amazon has WTB KOM Light i40 26" TCS Rim, 32 Hole Black for $32.89 with a half dozen left. WTB site says, with disclaimer that it's not ETRTO sanctioned, that 58mm and up tires will work on it. I really like the ramps before the bead to lock the tire in, having used Frequency and KOM rims in 26. Having a 40 in back will add extra smush factor, although I'll have to see how the 60mm corners on it.

mtbr member
    I researched this topic thoroughly and decided to build a new bike with disc brakes. If you want to take advantage of new rim features like wide (30mm inner width) and hookless, you have to go disc. It's a shame because I love my 95 GT. But once you ride a rigid hardtail with modern rims and 1.0 bar there ain't no going back except on Sundays to show her off through the town.
    There is a niche market available here if anyone wants to make a buck producing wide hookless rim brake rims.

mtbr member
    Looks like a couple of new 26 tubeless tires are on the way?

Panaracer GravelKing SK+ TR 26" Tire

Disc? I just put the 29er up and pulled out the 95 Hard Rock. It only takes about 2 or 5 times longer to come to a stop than it does with a 203mm disc in the front.

I had to stop rolling over things like I did with the 29 x 2.6 tires on there now. I needed to go down town not out of town. The 95 cost about one tenth as much as the 29er did. City parking is safe right, right?

One good thing though. The light 26 inch tires did not tire me out the way the big ones can.

mtbr member
    I had a stash of old Specialized 26X1.7 Extreme Masters that I ran tubeless. They quit making in 95' Worked fine. Then I when with wider rims and had nothing but trouble....went back with narrower rims (STan's ZTR Arch EX) and all is GREAT! Like rims with less than 30mm wide. Tried the newer Stan's ZTR Arch MK3 and do not like. Had a pair of Blunt 35mm rims, but didn't last 6 months. 26 tubeless thread.-fullsizeoutput_3ec.jpg
    Last edited by ladljon; 03-13-2020 at 04:22 PM.
    Tread killer....

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

ladljon
    Sounds like you need to look at inner rim width. Maxxis has a page to explain how internal width and how wide your tire is work together.
    Wide right, wide wrong, etc Velocity and Schwalbe also have a chart to look at.

===============================================

Cantis still have a place in the world. They might not stop with one hand on a long rain soaked down hill, as I eat cookies with one hand and brake with the other. They slow me down enough so as not to die in a crash though. Could always drop the cookie and brake with both hands if I had to.

I sometimes ride an old bike to a national park trail head and park for a week. How much should the bike cost that is parked in the forest unguarded? What if I want to go inside a library for 2 hours. how safe is my bicycle parked outside. I put the light in my pocket. They put the mounting bracket in their pocket.

$16 cantis are in places better than $300 disk brakes.
    I tend to ride a little slower with the weaker brakes.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=chrisx;14611235]ladljon
    Sounds like you need to look at inner rim width. Maxxis has a page to explain how internal width and how wide your tire is work together.
    Wide right, wide wrong, etc Velocity and Schwalbe also have a chart to look at.

===============================================

All happy now...found two new (never laced) rims I have been searching. Very finicky about my tires....I do run 2.35-2.4's now, but still no wide rims for me....the difference between a Stan's ZTR Arch EX and a Stan's ZTR Arch EX MK3 is insane....
    Tread killer....

mtbr member
    Mar 2020
    Looks like a couple of new 26 tubeless tires are on the way?

Panaracer GravelKing SK+ TR 26" Tire

Disc? I just put the 29er up and pulled out the 95 Hard Rock. It only takes about 2 or 5 times longer to come to a stop than it does with a 203mm disc in the front.

I had to stop rolling over things like I did with the 29 x 2.6 tires on there now. I needed to go down town not out of town. The 95 cost about one tenth as much as the 29er did. City parking is safe right, right?

One good thing though. The light 26 inch tires did not tire me out the way the big ones can.
    I've been running continentals on my 26er I really like the Race King x Cross King combo. I have the opposite issue, struggling to find fast rolling 2.3 tubeless tires. The contis come in 2.0 width and I've found that on my 21mm internal width rims that the actual width comes in 2mm short of the ETRTO number. It doesn't seem like it would be your game but they also make their mud king in 1.8. Pretty aggressive tread for nasty mud and maybe snow around town.

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    My rims are TCS and 3 days old. Did they come taped for tubeless?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk