2011 Santa Cruz Juliana/Superlight pricing?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2011 Santa Cruz Juliana/Superlight pricing?

Can anyone help me figure a fair price for the D XC build on a 2011 Superlight/Juliana? It was right around $1900 new in 2011. Blue book is all over the place. It's in really good shape, just ridden by a boring mom that cruised around the easy/intermediate trails.

I want to make sure I start with a fair price and back some more off of that, because it is for a 14 year old friend of my son's. I keep telling him he doesn't want a 26" Small bike frame because he is going to outgrow it quickly, but he doesn't care. I also pointed out it is actually a Juliana under all those strategically placed stickers so my son could get away with riding it some, and he still doesn't care. He just wants a full suspension bike with brakes that work. Apparently his current bike is a 20 year old hardtail with no brakes. He is jumping at the chance to have an affordable full suspension. He could probably get about a year or two out of it before he shoots up, and as he has pointed out, his younger brother could then use it, so that is swaying me. Components aren't anything amazing, except the Fox was an upgrade at the time.

Rock Shox Recon Silver R fork
    Fox Float RP 23

Front: Shimano M660 SLX
    Rear: Shimano SLX M662 SGS

Shifters: Shimano Deore SL-M660
    Crankset: Shimano Deore M590
    Brakes are Avid Juicy 3
    Race face stem, seat post, etc.
    Just put new tires on

I'm thinking $450? $400? $350?
    See? I need help!
    Thank you in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Santa Cruz Juliana/Superlight pricing?-sc.jpg  

2011 Santa Cruz Juliana/Superlight pricing?-sc2.jpg  

2011 Santa Cruz Juliana/Superlight pricing?-sc3.jpg  

Last edited by finsterlee; 05-17-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Cycologist
    That is a tough one. On eBay, they are mostly 1st and 2nd generation SLs with crazy asking prices, $500-$1000 or more. I actually sold one a few years ago, it was not a complete bike and I got $235 for it; no fork, no wheels, no brakes. If you search sold listings, there is one from around your year, looks like it sold and the sell fell through and it was relisted and resold, prices were $202.50 and $235 plus $125 for shipping. It's shown with a V-brake on the front and notes that it needs a rear brake and that the "front sprocket selector needs to be installed". So, I'll go ahead and say $400-$450 but I'm just guessing based on the above.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    Chazpat, thanks for researching also. You are right, there aren't any good comps. The 27.5s had exploded by the time I got a nicer bike (another 26...duh!), and it wasn't worth basically giving this bike away, so I kept it for my son's friends that wanted to borrow it to try riding with him. Now most of them have long outgrown it, except for this one friend that asks about it daily. I just want to get the kid riding! Thx again

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    For a friend I always make sure I get the short end so I'd take a small amount--seems a few hundred is fair as it looks in nice condition----Friends are for helping

mtbr member
    Agreed, I want to be overly fair in our friend's favor and then some since he has to pitch it to his parents. Thx for confirming I'm not too much of a softie.