1 inch threaded disc brake fork for 26er?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2014

1 inch threaded disc brake fork for 26er?

Hi all,

I know this is a long shot, but are there any options for a 1 inch threaded disc brake fork? I'm aware of the one Crave bikes makes but it's currently unavailable. Just curious if anyone knows of any other options.

Thanks!

Bikes in jeans
    Cant think of anything at all off the top of my head but there is likely something from the mid to late 90's that exists. Is switching to threadless not an option?
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jestep View Post
    Cant think of anything at all off the top of my head but there is likely something from the mid to late 90's that exists. Is switching to threadless not an option?
    1 1/8 threadless is not an option as the steerer tube is too narrow (vintage 80's miyata).

I'm open to 1 inch threadless but I guess I hadn't considered it an option since I figured it had pretty much been an obsolete standard by the time disc was catching on. But I could be completely wrong there.

Bikes in jeans
    Quote Originally Posted by mornview View Post
    1 1/8 threadless is not an option as the steerer tube is too narrow (vintage 80's miyata).

I'm open to 1 inch threadless but I guess I hadn't considered it an option since I figured it had pretty much been an obsolete standard by the time disc was catching on. But I could be completely wrong there.
    Pace out of the UK made a 1in threadless rigid fork with disc brake tabs. I know carboncycles.cc still makes several 1in threadless with disc tabs, also rigid. That would probably be my pick right now since you can still get them, and they come in several heights, they make very good quality stuff. I'm thinking the threaded 1in with tabs is going to be really rare, I could be wrong and maybe there is just something I don't know about though.
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jestep View Post
    Pace out of the UK made a 1in threadless rigid fork with disc brake tabs. I know carboncycles.cc still makes several 1in threadless with disc tabs, also rigid. That would probably be my pick right now since you can still get them, and they come in several heights, they make very good quality stuff. I'm thinking the threaded 1in with tabs is going to be really rare, I could be wrong and maybe there is just something I don't know about though.
    Thanks! That Pace fork in particular looks really sweet! I'm reminded that what I'm looking for is something of an anomaly; I'm building this bike to be a year round commuter, so fenders are a must. I understand why fender tabs are left off these forks, but it's too bad. Unless any other recommendations pop up here, I think I'll see if the Crust forks pop back up, otherwise I'll go with one of the two you recommended and figure out some way to rig up fender mounts. Thanks again!

Cycologist
    jeccyt678i is an asshat
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.