Specialized Fuse 6Fattie - Page 18- Mtbr.com
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
Results 1,701 to 1,758 of 1758
  1. #1701
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by overmyhead View Post
    I'd like to get more travel and a significantly plusher ride than the stock Reba RC3 120mm fork on my 2016 Fuse Pro provides.

    Is going to a 150mm fork going to slacken the Fuse too much? I go through the Reba's entire 120mm travel at least a few times every time I ride the chunky NW trails in my neck of the woods.

    Am considering either a 150mm Pike RTC or a DVO Diamond. Minimum travel of either fork is 150mm, deals can be found on both. I understand that DVO's Sapphire can be adjusted to produce 130mm of travel and it's kinda light too, but I can't justify spending $900+ on a fork for my Fuse and the Pike and Diamond can be found for far less $$$.

    Do the experts recommend a pro service for the Reba - or should I go ahead & get a more substantial fork?
    A few posts up we discuss running the auron fork in 27.5Ē size on 3.0Ē tires set to 150mm. The lower axle crown supports this fork perfectly at near stock geo extended and is adjustable for travel 130 to 160mm with a spacer change internally.

    35mm too with high low speed compression and rebound. Great fork. Its what i run!

  2. #1702
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    30
    Adding 2 bottomless tokens to the Reba and running more sag will make the fork feel softer and bottom out less. I run a 29er 140mm Pike on mine and still had to add tokens to get a soft ride with bottom out support. That said, I think the bike handles better with the 140mm fork and the stem slammed vs the stock 120 setup.

  3. #1703
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gonzo 1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    371
    I installed a Fox Factory 34 Step cast. Sworks carbon dh bars. 77 designs 36mm stem. XX1 eagle crank. Some Ethirteen TRSr carbon race 27.5xi31 wheels should be here tomorrow. Probably run 27.5x2.6 butcher/slaughter to start. Pretty excited to see the final weight. I think it will be a fun setup...

  4. #1704
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo 1971 View Post
    I installed a Fox Factory 34 Step cast. Sworks carbon dh bars. 77 designs 36mm stem. XX1 eagle crank. Some Ethirteen TRSr carbon race 27.5xi31 wheels should be here tomorrow. Probably run 27.5x2.6 butcher/slaughter to start. Pretty excited to see the final weight. I think it will be a fun setup...
    Pics


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #1705
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by lo@nRider View Post
    Adding 2 bottomless tokens to the Reba and running more sag will make the fork feel softer and bottom out less. I run a 29er 140mm Pike on mine and still had to add tokens to get a soft ride with bottom out support. That said, I think the bike handles better with the 140mm fork and the stem slammed vs the stock 120 setup.
    Iím going to give this a shot, I donít feel the fork is plush enough and I am not prepared to plunk down the $$ for a MRP Ramp Control cartridge. Iím kind of a set it and forget it guy and ride the same network of trails mostly, so I think once I dial in the air pressure/sag and figure the right amount of tokens, I suppose Iíll be good.

    Iím riding weight of about 190 and have the air pressure set below the recoíd amount and still think itís too stiff/not enough sag.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  6. #1706
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gonzo 1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    371
    Dont be a set it and forget it guy. You leave so much control and performance on the table. Check your tire pressure and fork pressure often. Dont be afraid to turn yout clickers. Write down the settings. Try stuff. It will just make your whole experience better. Also as you oil gets old it gets thinner. You will chase you settings over time. You will be more aware and know when it is time for an oil change. I dont mean to preach. But You will be amazed at the performance you gain and the knowledge you gain.

  7. #1707
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo 1971 View Post
    Dont be a set it and forget it guy. You leave so much control and performance on the table. Check your tire pressure and fork pressure often. Dont be afraid to turn yout clickers. Write down the settings. Try stuff. It will just make your whole experience better. Also as you oil gets old it gets thinner. You will chase you settings over time. You will be more aware and know when it is time for an oil change. I dont mean to preach. But You will be amazed at the performance you gain and the knowledge you gain.
    My post came out wrong, yes I do check tire pressure religiously (especially since I am trying to dial it in) as well as fork air pressure, etc. Even mid-ride in the "getting-to-know-you" phase! I just meant I'm not the constant suspension tinkerer and don't change settings like bottom out based on the trail I am riding when I am out. The MRP Ramp Cartridge looks like a great innovation, but I doubt I'd be constantly clicking it back and forth because of sections of trail, so I think getting the correct # of token and my sag set so I can have a little more plushness and more control of bottom out will make me happy. $18 vs. $150 is a pretty easy decision, but if I feel the need to start changing it often I'd probably make the investment.

    What I am not going to do is drop $900 on a new fork right out of the gate.
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  8. #1708
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    135
    New wheels going in DT xm 551 laced to 370 hubs butcher/ slaughter 2.6


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #1709
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gonzo 1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    My post came out wrong, yes I do check tire pressure religiously (especially since I am trying to dial it in) as well as fork air pressure, etc. Even mid-ride in the "getting-to-know-you" phase! I just meant I'm not the constant suspension tinkerer and don't change settings like bottom out based on the trail I am riding when I am out. The MRP Ramp Cartridge looks like a great innovation, but I doubt I'd be constantly clicking it back and forth because of sections of trail, so I think getting the correct # of token and my sag set so I can have a little more plushness and more control of bottom out will make me happy. $18 vs. $150 is a pretty easy decision, but if I feel the need to start changing it often I'd probably make the investment.

    What I am not going to do is drop $900 on a new fork right out of the gate.
    I misunderstood. I would not normally pop for a different fork. The Fox 34 sc is kinda what I built my bike around. This thing is amazing. Its still a little weird being back on a hardtail. I find myself whith the front end in the air and jumping every little thing! Sooooo fun.

  10. #1710
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo 1971 View Post
    I would not normally pop for a different fork.
    I wasnít directing that towards you, was just a general observation. Most forums answer to any fork question about a stock fork is just ďsell it and buy XXX fork, they are so much betterĒ....last time I checked a take-off fork doesnít typically get much on the used market, even in like new condition! I think the REBA will be fine for me, I got a couple of bottomless tokens in it and dropped the pressure and I can tell a difference. I am considering doing the Charger2 damper upgrade, I had Charger in my last Pike and the adjustability was nice. But still thatís only $230, much more palatable than a whole fork swap.

    Now I just need my bruised tail bone to heal so Iím not in agony over every bump...
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  11. #1711
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gonzo 1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    371
    I sold my reba for $375 as a new take off. I did not want a 32mm fork. I find them flexy. I am 205 and like to hit aggressive trails. Picked up the Fox 43 sc new second hand. $750. I would have put a standard 34 but the sc is 1 oz lighter than my Reba. I kinda built the bike around the fork. It is killer.

  12. #1712
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gonzo 1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    371
    Half thinking I should have opted for the standard 34 in 140mm travel. I have bottomes this about once per ride on average this weekend. Other than that it really is perfect so far.

  13. #1713
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gonzo 1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    371
    Added another token. It is getting better!

  14. #1714
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Hey, for anyone riding a Fuse Carbon (hopefully size medium), what is the longest drop seatpost youíve gotten in there, and what brand? While the Trans-X that came with mine is fine, itís only 100mm drop. Iíd really like something 150-ish.
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  15. #1715
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    Hey, for anyone riding a Fuse Carbon (hopefully size medium), what is the longest drop seatpost youíve gotten in there, and what brand? While the Trans-X that came with mine is fine, itís only 100mm drop. Iíd really like something 150-ish.
    Not riding a carbon but Iím sure itís the same seat tube length as alloy I currently have a PNW Bachelor 150


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #1716
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gonzo 1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    Hey, for anyone riding a Fuse Carbon (hopefully size medium), what is the longest drop seatpost youíve gotten in there, and what brand? While the Trans-X that came with mine is fine, itís only 100mm drop. Iíd really like something 150-ish.
    I am in the same boat. I intend to order a PNW Bachelor in 34.9 to get rid of the dumb shim. For my leg length it will be fully inserted. I am on a medium. I am 5'9". PNW gives good advice on measuring for a longer dropper on the website.

  17. #1717
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo 1971 View Post
    I am in the same boat. I intend to order a PNW Bachelor in 34.9 to get rid of the dumb shim. For my leg length it will be fully inserted. I am on a medium. I am 5'9". PNW gives good advice on measuring for a longer dropper on the website.
    TBH I didnít realize there was a shim in there...itís a 34.9 seatpost?
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  18. #1718
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    TBH I didnít realize there was a shim in there...itís a 34.9 seatpost?
    No itís not itís a 30.9


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #1719
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gonzo 1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    371
    Yes. Take a look. They intended to spec a 34.9 post. They were not ready in time. So they put in a shim. Just a terrible move imho.

  20. #1720
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330

    Specialized Fuse 6Fattie

    I know the post that comes in there is a 30.9, but Gonzo mentioned getting rid of the shim?
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  21. #1721
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    I know the post that comes in there is a 30.9, but Gonzo mentioned getting rid of the shim?
    I think his referring to the shim on the dropper to adjust the travel


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #1722
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassballer150 View Post
    I think his referring to the shim on the dropper to adjust the travel


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well that would be ideal but I donít think that is what he means...he specifically said he was going to get a 34.9mm post and remove the shim. Iíll have to take a look. The bike is so awesome as it is, that one little detail just holds it back.
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  23. #1723
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gonzo 1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    371
    No. There is a shim in the SEAT TUBE. Seat tube is 34.9. The post is 30.9 so a shim is required on the carbon model. A 34.9 seatpost will eliminate this.

  24. #1724
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    I just looked at the spec of the 2019 carbon and M-XXL all get 150mm Trans-X post so I know it will fit...but it is still listed as a 30.9 post. I know 34.9 isnít offered across a bunch of brands yet, Iíll have to do some research.
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  25. #1725
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gonzo 1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    371
    Pnw does have one. Specialized has the Wu droper in 34.9

  26. #1726
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    For those of you that have stepped down from the stock Spesh 3.0's to a Maxxis Rekon 2.8 (or really any 2.8 tire), how much BB drop have you experienced and did it increase pedal strikes noticeably? It's an expensive experiment, so hoping someone has tried it and can give feedback.

    Thanks!
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  27. #1727
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    For those of you that have stepped down from the stock Spesh 3.0's to a Maxxis Rekon 2.8 (or really any 2.8 tire), how much BB drop have you experienced and did it increase pedal strikes noticeably? It's an expensive experiment, so hoping someone has tried it and can give feedback.

    Thanks!
    Since I've switched out the 3.0 Ground Control tires for 2.8 Butcher & Purgatory, I haven't noticed additional pedal strikes - but the ride in the rear is harsher with reduced roll-over and reduced traction. I'm digging the Butcher 2.8 up front, steering feels more precise, but for the trails I ride, a 2.8 rear doesn't provide enough cushion, I'm going to try a 3.0 Purgatory in back.

  28. #1728
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by overmyhead View Post
    Since I've switched out the 3.0 Ground Control tires for 2.8 Butcher & Purgatory, I haven't noticed additional pedal strikes - but the ride in the rear is harsher with reduced roll-over and reduced traction. I'm digging the Butcher 2.8 up front, steering feels more precise, but for the trails I ride, a 2.8 rear doesn't provide enough cushion, I'm going to try a 3.0 Purgatory in back.
    I might try that combo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #1729
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gonzo 1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    371
    I am running 27.5x2.6 and have had no issues.

  30. #1730
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo 1971 View Post
    I am running 27.5x2.6 and have had no issues.
    Iíd love to see a pic or two. I canít imagine how low a 2.6 makes that BB, but maybe I am wrong.
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  31. #1731
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo 1971 View Post
    I am running 27.5x2.6 and have had no issues.
    Is it fairly rooty/rocky where you ride? Before I went to 2.8's a guy at my shop who is very familiar with the Fuse warned me off 2.6's, said I'd have bottom bracket strikes.

  32. #1732
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gonzo 1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    371
    Its not rocky here at all. With my stumpjumper I had tons of pedal strikes. Even with 3.0" tires. This has been no issue on the fuse. Even the 2.6 butcher drops the bb less than 1/4 inch. I do have some 2.8 Rocket Ron's I want to try. I kinda wish they were 2.6 as well. The butchers rip! A bit slow on the flats though. Not so fun on group rides.

  33. #1733
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    135
    What chain guide are you guys running? I keep dropping chains


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  34. #1734
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gonzo 1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    371
    Specialized Fuse 6Fattie-20190412_200141.jpg
    Like this? There goes the new. All rubbed off.

  35. #1735
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo 1971 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190412_200141.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	235.8 KB 
ID:	1247672
    Like this? There goes the new. All rubbed off.
    Itís coming off the chain ring super annoying


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  36. #1736
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gonzo 1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    371
    That is stuck between the chainring and the frame. Had to walk out of the woods. Messed my paint up. Stupid sesign of the chainstay in that area.

  37. #1737
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    372
    I had 2. Both alloy with the cut out chainstays. Never had a chain come off.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  38. #1738
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo 1971 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190412_200141.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	235.8 KB 
ID:	1247672
    Like this? There goes the new. All rubbed off.
    I had a chain come off once but not with the eagle. Run a 28t upfront so i do notice its noisy w chain slap

    is chain length correct?
    how many teeth is that? Looks like 32. That drops clearance alot. And raises chain up off the stay. Maybe try raising chain stay protector.

  39. #1739
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gonzo 1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    371
    I think it was a fluke. Yes the 32 tightens up clearance. I have spun out the 32! How can you design a bike that cant at least run a 34? Ridiculous. Had to take off the quick link to get it out. No serious damage. It did take off the paint. Chain was kinda stiff. Cold? I took it off washed it in mineral spirits. Let it dry. Busyed out the dumond tech lube. It has been great ever since.

  40. #1740
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    237
    Hi all, I just got a new wheelset. 40mm iw. Had been running the Purgatory's 3.0, what would be a similar 2.8 tire? The Purgatory's had great traction and grip for our area. Can't ride when it's wet, sticky mess. Anyone running the 2.8 Rekons by Maxxis?
    Thanks, MikeB

  41. #1741
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by WMBigs View Post
    Hi all, I just got a new wheelset. 40mm iw. Had been running the Purgatory's 3.0, what would be a similar 2.8 tire? The Purgatory's had great traction and grip for our area. Can't ride when it's wet, sticky mess. Anyone running the 2.8 Rekons by Maxxis?
    Thanks, MikeB
    I just switched to 2.6 butcher and itís great more traction then the Purgatory up front


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  42. #1742
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassballer150 View Post
    I just switched to 2.6 butcher and itís great more traction then the Purgatory up front


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I canít even fathom the pedal strikes that going down to a 2.6 tire would cause. Wouldnít 2.8 be a better choice for a bike designed to be a ďplusĒ bike?

    Can I get a side and clearance shot of one of these 2.6 conversions?
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  43. #1743
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    156
    The fuse was a 29er or 3.0" 27.5

    If you want narrow go 29er.

    We have a 2.8" rekon on one of our bikes and its so small compared to the 3.0" fattie

    It also is on an i40 rim which is a great fit.

    The 3.0" on i38 is a bit narrow and i prefer the i45 there. I ride both

  44. #1744
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo 1971 View Post
    I think it was a fluke. Yes the 32 tightens up clearance. I have spun out the 32! How can you design a bike that cant at least run a 34? Ridiculous. Had to take off the quick link to get it out. No serious damage. It did take off the paint. Chain was kinda stiff. Cold? I took it off washed it in mineral spirits. Let it dry. Busyed out the dumond tech lube. It has been great ever since.
    Spun out as in hit top speed on the 32 x 10 combo. Thats moving!

  45. #1745
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuse6F View Post
    We have a 2.8" rekon on one of our bikes and its so small compared to the 3.0" fattie
    Could I get a side by side of the 2.8 Rekon and the 3.0 fattie tires? Maybe also a height comparison?
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  46. #1746
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Has anyone with a medium CARBON frame fitted a longer dropper post? If so, what was the total insertion into the frame length? Mine came with the 100mm version (2018) and would like to move up to a 150, but having a hard time finding out how deep into the frame I can go without running into issues. Looking at a CB Highline.
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  47. #1747
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    Could I get a side by side of the 2.8 Rekon and the 3.0 fattie tires? Maybe also a height comparison?

    Will do tomorrow.

  48. #1748
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuse6F View Post
    Spun out as in hit top speed on the 32 x 10 combo. Thats moving!
    I'm also running a 32x10 setup, my GPS speedo says that I'm going about 43kmh when my legs won't go any faster

  49. #1749
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuse6F View Post
    Will do tomorrow.
    Thank you!
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  50. #1750
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    156
    Specialized Fuse 6Fattie-002ff7d7-bca6-40ba-bd5d-2f6e3bab5243.jpgSpecialized Fuse 6Fattie-1bb58b16-a7d5-4c53-905a-60e52d513faa.jpg

    Poor photo attempt. Recon 120mm vs auron 150mm.
    I40 and i45
    maybe close to 1000km on that purgatory
    might switch wheel to other fork for a more direct comparison

  51. #1751
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    237
    Could we get a profile shot of the two tires. I have a new wheelset i40 and will likely get the 2.8 Rekons. Riding the Purgatory's now on i45's.

  52. #1752
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuse6F View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002FF7D7-BCA6-40BA-BD5D-2F6E3BAB5243.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	228.9 KB 
ID:	1248542Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1BB58B16-A7D5-4C53-905A-60E52D513FAA.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	1248543

    Poor photo attempt. Recon 120mm vs auron 150mm.
    I40 and i45
    maybe close to 1000km on that purgatory
    might switch wheel to other fork for a more direct comparison
    Yes, if you could put them both on the recon, that would probably give a little better idea. Also a height/profile comparison would be appreciated!
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  53. #1753
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    156
    Specialized Fuse 6Fattie-b8cc2a25-0cc8-4f4a-ae42-3c227c74504c.jpgSpecialized Fuse 6Fattie-8ade5f61-a439-42f9-9ac6-aaddfdfa144c.jpgSpecialized Fuse 6Fattie-f13ca7fe-8f91-4afa-b73b-43b05c47d08d.jpg

    Here are a couple pics. Auron fork. The 3.0" i lined up the front and back edge of the tire so your looking down the edge. The other two pics are the smaller tire. Rekon 2.8" on an i40

    I think the purgatory weighs 1050gm. And rekon 780gm. Depends on the bike and your size if you want to loose the bbh.

  54. #1754
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Thank you for that! I certainly donít want to lose that much height. Itís a plus bike for a reason.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  55. #1755
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    156
    Specialized Fuse 6Fattie-f13ca7fe-8f91-4afa-b73b-43b05c47d08d.jpgSpecialized Fuse 6Fattie-b8cc2a25-0cc8-4f4a-ae42-3c227c74504c.jpg

    center of axle to ground difference is 5/8"

    purgatory 27.5" x 3.0 on i45
    rekon 27.5" x 2.8 on i40

  56. #1756
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    If anyone is curious, I popped for the Roval Traverse SL 38ís today as I had always wanted carbon wheels and the timing was right. I also decided to give the Fast Trak 2.8 tires a shot since I always liked them on XC bikes for where I ride, they were on the BOGO sale, and honestly my regular weekly riding loops just donít need super aggressive tires. Iím hoping these are the ticket, although at first impression they are much smaller than I expected. Waiting to see if they grow at full pressure overnight, plus a solid ride tomorrow night.

    Overall, the bike lost 2.5lbs overall from the change. 1 pound was just in the tires, but the wheels accounted for the other 1.5lbs. Looking forward to getting out to ride them tomorrow night, and trying to figure out the appropriate pressures. I was at 13/15 on the purg/gc 3.0ís, so I think Iíll try 15/17 with the 2.8ís.

    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  57. #1757
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    So, carbon wheels make more of a difference that I would have thought they would. Between those and the Fast Trak 2.8ís, my Fuse Carbon really came alive tonight.

    I was thinking to myself about it during the ride, trying to come up with a way to express the change: it rode more like a mountain bike and less like a fat bike.

    I was originally disappointed in the size of those tires when I mounted them up, but they are so much faster on my home trails, and the Roval wheels just felt so precise. I need to keep working on my tire pressure to dial it in, but Iím really happy with the setup right now.
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.



  58. #1758
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    674
    Specialized Fuse 6Fattie-image.jpgSold my 2016 Fuse Expert. Kicked myself til this:

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Similar Threads

  1. 27.5+ Stumpjumper 6Fattie
    By fc in forum 26+/27.5+/29+ Plus Bikes
    Replies: 3308
    Last Post: 4 Weeks Ago, 07:08 AM
  2. 27.5+ Stumpjumper 6Fattie
    By fc in forum Specialized
    Replies: 288
    Last Post: 08-30-2018, 12:33 PM
  3. Specialized Fuse Comp 6Fattie
    By Paranoid_Android in forum 26+/27.5+/29+ Plus Bikes
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 01-25-2017, 04:39 PM
  4. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 04-22-2016, 08:40 AM
  5. specialized fuse? interesting
    By Kovy85 in forum Specialized
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-28-2015, 06:13 PM

Members who have read this thread: 297

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.