Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    email us and we can arrange something. [email protected]
    RSD Bikes - Sales - www.rsdbikes.com
    Instagram - facebook

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbouma View Post
    since Alex got me back in business I wanted to mention that I went into an enduro race with my Sergeant last weekend! Yup, only HT in the race. Got a lot of funny looks. Held my own too! I plan to do some XC races with it next year also. Itís a very well rounded bike if you can do that and not get destroyed.
    Ryan, a hardtail is not a deal breaker in XC, they actually excel at it. Glad to hear the event was a good time! It's on you to be on your game and it sounds like you're doing just that.
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post
    Ryan, a hardtail is not a deal breaker in XC, they actually excel at it. Glad to hear the event was a good time! It's on you to be on your game and it sounds like you're doing just that.
    For XC ya the HT is great. Around here people lean towards full suspension just cause our terrain is pretty severe. But enduro races HTs are non existent. I was the only one. And yet I managed. I got a lot of looks and then had people wondering what RSD is. Pretty hilarious racing against full suspension bikes with 170mm. I always just say ďwell Iím pretty tall so Iíve got 250mm of suspension in my legsĒ haha! I am gonna race both XC and enduro next summer (low key, nothing too competitive) on one bike. I maybe the only person in my league to even try.

Rippin da fAt
    Ryan, those riding full squish are carrying some extra weight that you and I leave at home. (keeping in mind that the Wildcat is full +squish)
    Gotta love the analogy of suspension travel! Some things are easier done on HT vs. fully. The fully has its place, indeed however, there are many times that the HT is a real blast. I can get trialsy with far less effort with Sarge vs. the +squish, for example. I have had plenty of good times passing folks on a fully with Sarge and there have been many times that the Wildcat has rolled past others out there. All in the name of good times tho'.
    Keep us apprised, Ryan! This endeavor with your Sarge sounds like a great time, indeed. Get out there, kick arse and take names, dood.

Sarge has a pair of G-One 2.8's he's trying out. Exceptionally light and amazingly fast, they are! Not intended for the dirt days but would be fantastic at Slickrock, Moab. I'll be honest, I long for my 3.0's each ride however, a street session is magically delicious.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Definitely a weight advantage but even more I find the HT plus tire combo allows me to burst up tech hills that the other guys struggle with. The large tires wrap around roots and rocks and the stiff chain stays direct all my leg power straight into moving up. Itís a good feeling and something I exploit often. Itís something no other bike Iíve ridden can do.

i do want to try some other tires but something quite aggressive like nobby nics. We have a lot of mud this time of year. The cost of plus tires is a hard pill to swallow.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

winter setup

zero offset NW chainring
    3.8 Minions
    Boost Carbon Fork
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-0409982c-cd2e-4970-877f-38b738b4284a.jpg  

mtbr member
    Well that's something different, I like it! Is the axle to crown measurement close to the same as the manitou magnum? The bike looks like it could handle anything winter throws at it. What does the clearance look like on the back tire?

Rippin da fAt
    While the rear tire clearance is not huge, it is respectable.

Now that 45Nrth has the dilly and Vanhelga in 27.5, I am very interested to test the fit of the VH for winter riding.

ErrAzIb, what fork and A/C?? Looks downright fun and light.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrAzIb View Post
    Attachment 1217944Anyone has tried theses chinese carbon forks with sarge, I plan to use one during winter coupled with a Minion FBF

Sorry I didn't see this post. Reposting it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Curious what that fork cost and where to purchase it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MinesPunk View Post
    Curious what that fork cost and where to purchase it

I've paid 126$US shipped, it tooked less than a week to arrive to my door in Quebec city. Carbonzone on ebay.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by trials4evr View Post
    Sorry I didn't see this post. Reposting it.
    It feels like the magnum sagged somewhere around 30%. The fatbike trail I ride are mostly mechanically groomed snow trails. I also have 'true' fatbikes (RSD Mayor V3 w/Minions 4.8 and Norco Bigfoot w/Bud&Lou). But when trails are hard and fast the 5' tires are overkill.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    While the rear tire clearance is not huge, it is respectable.

Now that 45Nrth has the dilly and Vanhelga in 27.5, I am very interested to test the fit of the VH for winter riding.

ErrAzIb, what fork and A/C?? Looks downright fun and light.
    A/C is 492mm based on fork specification. Clearance for the 3.8 minion is more than enough. For the frame, tire cant be inflated more than 8-9 psi, more than that they rub on chainstay. I've changed the stock 6mm offset chainring for a 0mm oval 28t from Blackspire to avoid chainrub on the tire. I know some folks reverse the 6mm chainring but the chainline is shitty that way.

mtbr member
    That's pretty inexpensive, it looks really nice on the bike too. My magnum freezes solid pretty much the same time as the puddles do so most of my winter it's like riding on a rigid fork anyway, just quite a bit heavier than the carbon fork I would imagine. I have a mayor v2 and with the small amount of snow we got last winter I ended up riding the Sergeant with studded wrathchilds on it most of the winter. The Sergeant is great for most winter conditions but when there's a tonne of snow I have a lot more fun on the mayor.

Rippin da fAt
    45Nrth has added a 27.5 Dilly 4 and Vanhelga to their lineup recently. I'm looking to snag a pair of VH's for Sarge to try out this winter. Hopefully they will fit in there so Sarge can enjoy em.

ErrAzIb, thanks for the reply on A/C of your fork. It does look nice on the front of your bike!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Anyway you could pretty please weigh the bike with the carbon fork and fat tires??? I have a Sergeant and am actually currently in the market for a lighter fatbike, I have a post over in the fatbike forum about buying a new carbon bike with a lower QR. I didn't even think of going to a carbon fork on the Sergeant. this may be the way to go, and far cheaper. One area of concern is that I am currently 230 pounds and am wondering if the max of 8 to 9 psi if I will be too compressing the tire to rim too much? thanks for any help you can provide.

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by triathloner View Post
    Anyway you could pretty please weigh the bike with the carbon fork and fat tires??? I have a Sergeant and am actually currently in the market for a lighter fatbike, I have a post over in the fatbike forum about buying a new carbon bike with a lower QR. I didn't even think of going to a carbon fork on the Sergeant. this may be the way to go, and far cheaper. One area of concern is that I am currently 230 pounds and am wondering if the max of 8 to 9 psi if I will be too compressing the tire to rim too much? thanks for any help you can provide.
    What terrain conditions are you seeking to ride? Snow, ya wanna squish the tires 10-40% to not destroy the trail. Sand, the same for flotation.
    With a 3.8, you will be able to ride at much lower psi than with a 3.0. Just food for thought...
    Doctor recommended...

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Anybody else wishing RSD brought back the Sergeant CroMo, but with lighter tubing and longer geo?

I'd love something more compliant than alloy, with the same or better tire clearance (275x3.8 or 29x3) as the titanium frames, without the astronomical price tag.

I think for as often I ride deep snow or sand, 3.8s would be about as wide I'd need for looseness.
    Work - Utility GIS Analyst
    Party - 2019 Guerrilla Gravity Revved Trail Pistol Sz 3

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    There are no plans in making in Cr-Mo version of the Sergeant, BUT a new Sergeant is in the works in Aluminum
    just a few details:
    Longer T/T and Reach
    Steeper S/T
    Shorter Stack
    Internal dropper
    Clearance for 27.5x4.0
    Optional Rigid Aluminum fork (with rack mounts) to fit 27.5x4.0 or 29x3
    Spring Delivery
    Instagram - facebook

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Sergeant fork travel

Anyone running a 130 fork? Just got my Sergeant frame and have a 150 fork which feels a tad high. Wanna lower but to 140 or 130? only wanna do it once!

A new Sergeant? Neat.

Gonna keep the 73/148 BB/hub spacing?

I think RSD is onto something with their somewhat unique rear chainstay/yoke design that allows for fitment of 275x4" tires. I just wish you'd try to selling that to more bikepackers who prefer steel over aluminum, to whom 120mm of travel is almost too much, and who love all those rack mounts and stuff.

I imagine RSD being able to compete with the Karate Monkey, Krampus, Tumbleweed Prospector, etc, but offering more tire size versatility.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Thank you very much.
    Yes 73mm BB and 148mm rear.
    This new Sergeant will be fully rack mounts ready for Bikepackers.
    The bike will come stock with 3.0.
    If Bikepacking is your thing, then also get the rigid fork and run 4.0 tires. The fork is 520mm A to C.
    We picked Aluminum because of its price point and weight.
    I'm not a Bikepacker myself but I can imagine that weight saving is a huge factor when going the distance. A steel frame would be at least 1 or 1.5lbs heavier. Once you put 4.0 tires on, the ride characteristic is the same between steel and Aluminum.
    We're super excited about this new Sergeant. It will be posted on the site in the next couple weeks

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RSD Bikes View Post
    Thank you very much.
    If Bikepacking is your thing, then also get the rigid fork and run 4.0 tires. The fork is 520mm A to C.
    I'm not a Bikepacker myself but I can imagine that weight saving is a huge factor when going the distance. A steel frame would be at least 1 or 1.5lbs heavier. Once you put 4.0 tires on, the ride characteristic is the same between steel and Aluminum.
    We're super excited about this new Sergeant. It will be posted on the site in the next couple weeks
    I will admit my disappointment when I purchased a V1 Sergeant and it had no rack mounts. The website showed the mounts and I thought it would be the most versatile bike on the market. Glad to see the changes coming and may sell my V1 frame for a V3

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Steeper S/T
    I'm likely in the minority here, but the current trend toward steeper seat tube angles doesn't work for me. I run my v1 sergeant with an offset seatpost and 170mm cranks to get my body position where it needs to be. I recently rode a trail bike with a ~77 degree seat tube angle and couldn't tolerate it, even with an offset post and slamming the saddle as far back as I could get it.

I'm obviously an outlier, just wanted to throw it out there for consideration. You can't please everyone, but, for what it's worth, the current formula has been working well for me thus far.

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by goose8 View Post
    I'm likely in the minority here, but the current trend toward steeper seat tube angles doesn't work for me. I run my v1 sergeant with an offset seatpost and 170mm cranks to get my body position where it needs to be. I recently rode a trail bike with a ~77 degree seat tube angle and couldn't tolerate it, even with an offset post and slamming the saddle as far back as I could get it.

I'm obviously an outlier, just wanted to throw it out there for consideration. You can't please everyone, but, for what it's worth, the current formula has been working well for me thus far.
    This is why I couldn't ride a road bike. The steep seat tube angles destroy my power band entirely.
    Doctor recommended...

I would sorta agree. I don't mind a steep STA on a full suspension bike with relatively short stays, but the Sergeant doesn't have short stays, and it's STA is static.

I'm a big proponent of longer reach, for sure, but that doesn't always require a steep STA.

In the end it doesn't much matter. I'm in it for the 275x4" on 148 hubs.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    I like the idea of a slightly steeper seat tube, but not much. Itís a killer climber as is. I do sometimes pop out of the seat forward a couple inches to keep the front wheel from hovering so a steeper ST would put me closer to that spot naturally. I love the idea of a larger diameter seat tube and internal dropper wiring. I donít care about larger tires or back packing ability personally. But I probably wouldnít upgrade cause I like the V2 as is enough.

mtbr member
    I'm pretty damn excited about this!

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Iím having a hard time finding plus tires to buy. Am I crazy? I do live in Canada so my options are possibly limited. Any suggestions someone can make? I was hoping for something quite rugged as the winter mud is coming.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Iím having a hard time finding plus tires to buy. Am I crazy? I do live in Canada so my options are possibly limited. Any suggestions someone can make? I was hoping for something quite rugged as the winter mud is coming.
    I got some 27.5x3.8 Hodags last year from a Facebook group. Not sure about the private party purchase from USA to Canada but it's worth looking into. Think I paid about $120 for a set of damn near new Hodags

Rippin da fAt
    Peruse www.universalcycles.com

They have a very nice selection of +tires to view.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Thank you both. I haven't had much luck finding anything on public sales sites like pink bike. Searching though. That universal cycles site is new and great, thank you. Hopefully they sell to canada. Anyone used the michelin wild am 2.8? Looks like the ticket and cheap! I'll be investigating.

Rippin da fAt
    You're welcome, Ryan! Hopefully UC can give you some ideas and also ship your way. If nothing else, you can find a tire you like and order through a local shop.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    There are no plans in making in Cr-Mo version of the Sergeant, BUT a new Sergeant is in the works in Aluminum
    just a few details:
    Longer T/T and Reach
    Steeper S/T
    Shorter Stack
    Internal dropper
    Clearance for 27.5x4.0
    Optional Rigid Aluminum fork (with rack mounts) to fit 27.5x4.0 or 29x3
    Spring Delivery
    New Sarge sounds amazing, cant wait to see it. Will the suspension fork fit 27.5x4.0, or just the rigid?

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    I just ended up ordering WTB Bridgers. They look ok. Anyone have experience with them? They have to be better than the slick chronicles. I gotta say the chronicles sure roll fast. Iíll miss that on the fire roads.

Rippin da fAt
    I just ended up ordering WTB Bridgers. They look ok. Anyone have experience with them? They have to be better than the slick chronicles. I gotta say the chronicles sure roll fast. Iíll miss that on the fire roads.
    The WTB lineup seems ok other than weighing 1100g +. The chrony's are just not the choice for dirt. Frankly, you will find the Bridger to be a fine performer that will do ya good.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Thatís good to hear. I donít mind a weight penalty in the winter if it means grip and reduced chance of puncture. I probably get 1100g of caked on mud by half way through the ride anyways! There are so few plus options.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

My very own Sarge!

So just finished my Sergeant, and since this thread says pix are appreciated, I figured I should comply.
    Size Med, 27.5 fox 34 @ 150. NX 1x11. PNW dropper, Sun Ringle Duroc 40mm w/ Terrene Chunk 3.0 F/R (WTB was placeholder till 2nd chunk arrived)

I thought the Sarge had rack mounts based on the RSD website but was saddened to see that was removed in production. So I improvised.

(and yes, I do need a bar mounted beer holder and bottle opener!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-6.jpg  

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-3.jpg  

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-4.jpg  

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Great looking bike. I do like the blue V1 came in. I like punchy coloured bikes. Must have been fun doing a full build from scratch. My kid wants to do that with me someday.

Rippin da fAt
    Great looking bike. I do like the blue V1 came in. I like punchy coloured bikes. Must have been fun doing a full build from scratch. My kid wants to do that with me someday.
    Werd!

That's cause bikes are sposta be bitchen!

Congratz, Lembo!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Hey been out of the MB scene for a few yours and man have things changed.Came across this thread a couple of weeks ago while searching for a steel or Ti hard tail and liked what I saw.

Decided to pull the trigger on the Ti Sergeant with the complete build kit.

So last week this arrived

Name:  F1F4DDD6-8414-4B5C-8171-9F96BE8B7E23.jpeg
Views: 1308
Size:  26.0 KB

Name:  E652003E-4BF1-4207-AA6C-58192EF38EB8.jpeg
Views: 1300
Size:  40.6 KB

Managed to get the bike built this weekend and went out today for the initial ride. Sweet riding bike!

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-d8292f6f-d484-498c-a6cd-c435b5c5c2e7.jpeg

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-be74d155-45cb-4dd8-8060-bd1d203a908a.jpeg

Name:  03662B99-1E92-435C-9861-6B65A2F17A71.jpeg
Views: 1306
Size:  76.5 KB

Rippin da fAt
    Congratz!

Lookin great, enjoy the ride!!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Very nice bike!

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Got in the second ride today and learning to love this bike. I can also say that it crashes better than I do

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-37fed991-c06e-4a73-9fb3-1838df46f97b.jpeg

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-001b091a-9ec0-46e8-be3c-68aca8408152.jpeg

Bike responded well to the terrain I'm riding...very responsive and a ton of fun

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-79a49f08-6acb-411a-8c3e-596964df67c6.jpeg

Waiting for some well earned clean up

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-4a5b4876-4a0d-4791-a852-dc50abca0168.jpeg

Rippin da fAt
    Obviously, you are having a great time getting to know your new friend! What good times lie ahead are those adventures in places that may have been much more difficult on traditional bikes.

While I have a 16 aluminum frame, I can tell ya, the climbing, descending and handling are plain awesome with Sarge.
    Doctor recommended...

Rippin da fAt
    Fatness test will take place tomorrow!

The Van Helga 27.5x4's are at the shop waiting for Sarge to try em on. *Fingers crossed that 45Nrth stayed in their tradition of narrow for the label sizing*

Should be a sweet winter tire for Sarge with the deep aggressive lugs.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Hi all,

I currently have a pre-boost Niner Sir 9 with setups for 27.5x2.8 and 29x2.6 (both scrub at stays a bit) and 100mm Reba. Love the steel feel of the hardtail. Like to climb and descend on my trails in Park City. Want some better geo for the downs, but still want to climb well...and basically have a fun bike (the Sir 9 is definitely fun w/ the beefier tires...had an Evil Following prior to the Sir 9, also very fun).

Is a Ti Sergeant an upgrade, giving me the pros (fun and smooth downs, etc.) without the cons (sluggish ups)?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-img_0230.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Rbez, thereís no doubt the sergeant would be a better descender with more travel, lower longer slacker geo and higher tire volume that properly fits the frame. Whether or not it climbs as good or better is the harder question. Personally I find the sergeant to be an incredible climber with only the occasional moments of front end float. A Ti version would be nice and light. I canít imagine it would be much of a climbing downgrade, if any. The downhill upgrade should be quite obvious.

Rippin da fAt
    Rbez, my Sergeant is a 2016 and the newer models have changed very slightly.
    With the laid back seat tube and slack front end the ascending prowess is delightful. I refer to it as dauntless climbing since no other bike in its class has met that ability. Overall handling is just amazing. I spent a great deal of time testing the various bikes and the Sergeant was a problem the moment I threw a leg over it in the shop. And what happened? The bike followed me home!

The issue I would honestly have at this point is actually between the Middle Child and Sergeant. The MC is a steel frame with a more playful geo yet.
    Dammit, Alex, there is an RSD infestation in my house! XD
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks for replies! Followup on ride qualities of Al vs CroMo vs Ti...is there a noticeable difference between these materials given the beefier 2.6-2.8 tires I'd likely run. (sorry for opening up that old frame material can of worms!!). Years back had an Air9 scandium w/ crappy wheels & skinnier tires that bounced me around like a rag doll, but the Sir9 has been sweet. I think I want to stay in the 26-27 lb range with an XL. Is Ti the ticket w/ the lightness of AL and the smoothness of steel?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Fatness test will take place tomorrow!

The Van Helga 27.5x4's are at the shop waiting for Sarge to try em on. *Fingers crossed that 45Nrth stayed in their tradition of narrow for the label sizing*

Should be a sweet winter tire for Sarge with the deep aggressive lugs.
    Show some pics if you can. I am curious if they will fit the fork. Word is they are TALL

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by telejefe View Post
    Show some pics if you can. I am curious if they will fit the fork. Word is they are TALL
    I am in if they will work with the Magnum. The 3.0 Nicks just don't do it for me.

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by telejefe View Post
    Words fail us! Sight of these unrolling from the packaging were some lovely looking but even fatter than the FBF/FBR that I have been able to run. :/
    For once, 45Nrth didn't blow the label too far out of proportion.

Dammit! No go! No go in the fork or the frame cause they are notably fatter than Maxxis.
    I thought sure 45Nrth would have been less fat as their 3.0 Wrathchild measures 2.55 @20 psi on a 50mm rim.

Ti is good for flex. It should provide a decent ride when tire pressure is like concrete although that tosses traction out the window.Tire pressure is something you absolutely must experiment with on fat tires vs. 2.WTF tires. This is regardless of plastic, AL, Ti or stainless frames. Welcome to the +tire world, but max psi is a basket ball on the verge of being a superball. With that said, I'll recommend starting at 18-20 psi and getting a feel for the bike. The idea of + is to escape the nasty 130 psi 23mm tire horror and have a magic carpet ride.

On the question of smoothness of steel with Ti, yes, Ti will be very much so. Ti is used for springs that will outperform steel springs in terms of life cycle.

Oldnsloe, Sadly, the treads lodge against the arch of the fork. The sides were actually clear. Magnum has greater clearance than any other fork in its class.
    Tire choices that are known to work are the Maxxis FBF/FBR and Duro 3.25's
    I enjoy my NN 3.0's and found the snakeskin version to plain suck due to rolling resistance and the ride quality is on par with playing tennis with a ball mauled by a labrador retriever for the last two years. Dead, boundless tires are worthless for getting trialsy and if I cannot get trialsy due to tires being dead, they're offa da bike! I have a pair of Performance NN 3.0's for Sarge and the Wildcat and they perform very well with notably less rolling resistance than the snakeskins I gave away. I did threaten to burn the snakeskins! Will do the same with EXO's. Too bad I haven't found someone to take the Chronicles off my hands. Hate those too.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Just wondering if I can mount the new Schwable Ice Spiker 2.6 on the Sargent Mule Fut wheels?

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    Just wondering if I can mount the new Schwable Ice Spiker 2.6 on the Sargent Mule Fut wheels?
    You will have no issue with 2.6.

I have a pair of Wrathchild 3.0's that measure 2.6 and FBF/FBR 3.8's that fill the frame/fork but clear well enough to ride.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    You will have no issue with 2.6.

I have a pair of Wrathchild 3.0's that measure 2.6 and FBF/FBR 3.8's that fill the frame/fork but clear well enough to ride.

Was wondering about them filling the Mullfut enough and woried about dropping the bottom bracket, plus not sure if the 2.6 will actually measure out at 2.6
    Anyway ordered them and we shall see, they get amazing reviews for riding on ice.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    RSDís website says max tire size for 29 is 2.4. Is anyone running 29s and know if a 2.5 or 2.6 can get in there with ample clearance. I donít want it stuffed in there super tight. Iím pondering getting a set of 29ers for the bike. I donít want to loose much air volume out of the rear tire as itís the little bit of suspension I have, but wondering if 29ers will give me some speed advantages and raise the BB to reduce pedal strikes.

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    Was wondering about them filling the Mullfut enough and woried about dropping the bottom bracket, plus not sure if the 2.6 will actually measure out at 2.6
    Anyway ordered them and we shall see, they get amazing reviews for riding on ice.
    Might be on the slightly narrow side. A friend of mine ran Maxxis Ardent 2.4's on his Krampus/Rabbit hole rims with no issue.

The thing that will happen is more tread on the surface without having to air down to get to the studs. For that reason I like the Wrathchild. If 45Nrth ever makes em in a real 3.0 I want a studless pair for dirt. The tread is aggressive and actually rolls very nicely
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Thinking of getting a Sergeant and building with really old parts. Has anyone built one up with an Octalink BB? Cranks are older triple XT. What length BB did you use? I am guessing 73x113 will work. I have an Absolute Black oval 30t mounted. The chainline is my concern. Will run as 1x10.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    want to mount some studded tires on Sarge. I've found some info about cake eater 27.5x4.0 who could be used. Canít find any info about Gnarwhal 27.5x3.8.....Is someone have any hints about this

cheers

mtbr member
    I'm digging the color of the v3! matte green is looking good. stealth dropper routing and updated geo... looking good!
    RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-sarge2.jpg

Rippin da fAt
    I'm digging the color of the v3! matte green is looking good. stealth dropper routing and updated geo... looking good!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sarge2.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	1230671
    Anderson's Split Pea green... Off to the paint shop for a coat of Delclear to give the piano finish!

Sarge is wearing his FBR 3.8's and has new snow to beat down. Only wish Maxxis was capable of making em in a supple, pliable casing for snow performance. I have the EXO free version and they feel like 27 TPI stiff wall tires. Frankly, I don't see Sarge needing anything that stiff regardless of time of year.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    My Sergeant has the Cane Creek 40 ZS-44 headset that needs new bearings. I'd rather not do the disassembly until I have the new ones. Can someone kindly tell me the correct size/chamfer to order? Thanks.
    Bicycles don't have motors.

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    My Sergeant has the Cane Creek 40 ZS-44 headset that needs new bearings. I'd rather not do the disassembly until I have the new ones. Can someone kindly tell me the correct size/chamfer to order? Thanks.
    The chamfer is no worries, but I emailed Cane Creek on the topic to get the correct part numbers for our reference.
    Will update as I get the dope on it.
    Doctor recommended...

Rippin da fAt

Here is the part through BTI, sold as a pair. DC-20555

41mm upper, 52mm lower. 36/45degree
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    I can't figure out how to upload photos to this forum

Anyways. Picked up some Roval takeoff wheels in 29er form with 29x2.6 purgatory and butcher rubber. These tires are known to measure more like a 2.4 so I rolled the dice on fitment. It was a tight fit but they do fit. Sliders had to go back a ways to make it work. It's the seat stay support that almost touches otherwise width would be fine.

The bike steering feels more precise and climbs lighter. Traction is only slightly less. I'm impressed with the specialized rubber. It hooks up really really well. So that has something to do with it I'm sure. Definitely a harsher ride though as the tire volume isn't even close to the same.

Now I can switch between 27.5x3.0 and 29x2.4ish.This will be nice cause in a couple months race season starts for us. I plan to race XC and enduro on the same bike! And if we do ever get snow this year I can switch back and float on the white stuff. Just need to buy rotors and a cassette to make life easier.

If anybody was considering trying 29s I feel it was money well spent ($450 CAD on pinkbike). Something that always bugged me about the plus rubber was precision. Very vague feeling in the techy corners.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Has anyone else drilled a hole in their seat tube? Very tempted to do this as I'd like a oneup dropper. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Here is the part through BTI, sold as a pair. DC-20555

41mm upper, 52mm lower. 36/45degree
    That confirms what I figured. I has looked around for the specs online but couldn't find anything i could rely on without pulling it apart. Thanks for your help.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Has anyone else drilled a hole in their seat tube? Very tempted to do this as I'd like a oneup dropper. Thanks.
    I know that's been discussed and done before, I think in this forum. Why not a wireless dropper. I have a Magura Vyron and I love it, but I'm no racer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    I know that's been discussed and done before, I think in this forum. Why not a wireless dropper. I have a Magura Vyron and I love it, but I'm no racer.

Iíve thought about that but I donít think theyíre available anymore. And expensive. I saw a couple people do it a page back. Is that all? Iíll probably email Alex and get his thoughts on it also. He was bang on when I asked about 29er fitment.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Just laid down some crazy times and personal records on my second outting with the 29s. They fly up hills. If only they had the ďsuspensionĒ and traction of the 275+.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    I'm finally at a point where I really know this bike, so I did a review video.

https://youtu.be/yggdjo6t8lw

Has anyone heard anymore details about the RSD Archetype? They said on the Pinkbike 2019 Launch that it would be a steel 130mm 29x2.6 setup. The Sergeant v3 is pretty much the alloy specs of that setup.

I'm really digging the Sergeant V3 "official" ability to run 27x3.8 tires, but would hold out for a steel Sergeant with that same 275x3.8 ability.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Agreed- I'd prefer steel too. Looks like the launch documents claim 27.5x4. I think it's the same fork I have now, and that doesn't clear a 4" tire, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

mtbr member
    I'm finally at a point where I really know this bike, so I did a review video.

https://youtu.be/yggdjo6t8lw
    Nice video, the 29ers look good on the Sarge, you have me skimming the pinkbike buysell pages for a set of my own, definitely 29 curious now. Lol

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Agreed- I'd prefer steel too. Looks like the launch documents claim 27.5x4. I think it's the same fork I have now, and that doesn't clear a 4" tire, so I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Here is a pic of the fork clearance. Cake Eater 27.5x4.0. The fork was designed to fit our specs.
    RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-20190215_094028_resized.jpg
    Instagram - facebook

WNC Native
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Has anyone heard anymore details about the RSD Archetype? They said on the Pinkbike 2019 Launch that it would be a steel 130mm 29x2.6 setup. The Sergeant v3 is pretty much the alloy specs of that setup.

I'm really digging the Sergeant V3 "official" ability to run 27x3.8 tires, but would hold out for a steel Sergeant with that same 275x3.8 ability.
    Archetype won't fit 27.5x3.8, it's using the same CS yoke as the MiddleChild.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

WNC Native
    If your referring to the Manitou fork, it definitely fits all 27.5x4 tires when installed on a 50mm rim (27.5 VanHelga being the exception).
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    That fork is definitely on my "want to have" list, I think that goose8 was referring to trying to run a 27.5x 4 with the Manitou fork that the build kit comes with.

mtbr member
    Hey ErrAzib, How have the 3.8 minions been for riding in the snow so far? How's that carbon fork holding up?

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousjunky View Post
    If your referring to the Manitou fork, it definitely fits all 27.5x4 tires when installed on a 50mm rim (27.5 VanHelga being the exception).
    I did test teh fit of the VH at my LBS only to find it a no go. :/
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Yep, thatís what I meant. My Manitou fork is wicked close for comfort with a studded 3.8Ē Hodag.

Thanks for the pic of the rigid fork @RSD Bikes
    Last edited by goose8; 02-17-2019 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Fix tag

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Thank you very much.
    If people hadn't seen, RSD posted an update this week to the Sergeant v3 page, they're going to have to go to 83mm BB and a 157mm rear hub. I only recently discovered RSD bikes. But now as I wait for my tax refund I have been eyeing the new Sergeant with the rigid fork and 4" tires as a year-round trail/xc/bikepacking/snow/whatever bike. It would have been cool if they could have kept 73/148, but it sounds like they're committed to make sure it actually works well with 4" tires, not just "technically works". And that's really great to hear.

@ RSD Bikes, with bikepacking or long remote rides in mind, would you guys consider adding any mounting options on the underside of the downtube?

Rippin da fAt
    Frankly, the decision to go 83 from 73 is a minor difference in Q factor that should have no effect. 157 is an appropriate choice for a solid, functional build to compliment the 83mm BB.
    Doctor recommended...

Yea except those of us who don't want multiple hub and crank standards in the garage.

I understand why they did it, and I was a big proponent of the Sergeant's versatility as a 73/148 bike, but as a 83/157 it loses some it's charm. That's fat bike territory (unless you've got a Knolly, Pivot, or other 157mm bike in the garage). I can go to a lot of custom manufactures and say "hey build me a steel or titanium frame that'll fit 275x3.8" and they'll easily build me such a frame. Asking the same with 73/148 and they'll say "nope won't work." RSD let customers make the compromises necessary to run those big tires as a way of saving money, and that was notable. Everyone knew it wasn't ideal and not every tire would fit and that was ok.

I'd sooner buy tires that fit the frame (275x3.8) and deal with the chainline issues than spend a dime on a special crank and especially on special wheels that will only fit a single frame. I swap parts around too often for that. Not just that, but I keep the parts around that I like and I rarely buy complete bikes anymore.

The good thing is they'll have plenty of Alloy V2 around and maybe some discounted Titanium V2's in the future.

Rippin da fAt
    83 doen't require a "special" crank, just the correct length spindle. As far as I'm concerned, the RF cups sold as 73mm BB compatible fit just fine in my Mayor, the plastic sleeve went to file 13.

The revision to the Sergeant was more on the lines of it being the, shall we say, Canadian Army Knife with a multitude of options.

The good times I have with my V1 with multiple pair of tires for varying uses is immeasurable. 3.0 is an absolute minimum and the pair of Minion 3.8's that bike wears during the winter are fun as hell. Must admit, I could do without the chainlink issue that arrises from flipping the chainring. That aside, I do have more fun with this bike. Yeah, I'd really like it if a pair of Van Helga's would fit, go figure!
    Doctor recommended...

Putting a feeler out - anybody selling an XL, XXL, steel, aluminum, or titanium V1 or V2?

Hoping to find something cheaper than the 35%-off new. $250 for aluminum, $900 for titanium or steel.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-cb20cb0c-4c14-42dd-96cf-a44141ad8db2.jpg
    RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-4bd2efe8-5a62-42b0-9b5f-683e0f336079.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Sent you a PM. Hit me up if interested. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

RSD - Sergeant Ti. Asking $1000 shipped

Mine's a size XL. Asking $1000. ExcellentRSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-xl_rsd.jpg shape.

This is a really good deal, FYI.

Would make a great bikepacking rig that could do dual-duty as an aggressive AM hardtail.

The XL has the same standover as the Large, but with a better reach.

mtbr member
    Doesn't the ti frame have better clearance than the aluminum as well? I thought I read that somewhere on the Sergeant page.
    http://www.bikingtoplay.blogspot.com/
    RIGID, not "ridged" or "ridgid"
    PEDAL, not "peddle." Unless you're selling stuff

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Yes sir! It can run 27.5 plus, 29er, AND 29 plus (up to 3.0). Only thing that changes is the bb height (increases slightly with fatter rubber...)

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by seat_boy View Post
    Doesn't the ti frame have better clearance than the aluminum as well? I thought I read that somewhere on the Sergeant page.
    Depends on version.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    May 2017
    I did test teh fit of the VH at my LBS only to find it a no go. :/
    Was that a test of fit in the fork or the frame?

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by fissiontofallout View Post
    Was that a test of fit in the fork or the frame?
    Was a test fit of a Van Helga 27.5 x 4 on a Manitou Magnum comp.

The V3 will accomodate 4.0's with it's rigid fork.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Cool, thanks. I just picked up one of the last closeout v2's and a rigid fork. You've got a v1 or a v2? Any chance the VH would squeeze into the rear with the dropouts all the way back? I was planning on ordering one tire, trying it out, and if it didn't work moving it to the front and getting something else for the rear, but if there no chance at all then i'd like to save the effort.

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by fissiontofallout View Post
    Cool, thanks. I just picked up one of the last closeout v2's and a rigid fork. You've got a v1 or a v2? Any chance the VH would squeeze into the rear with the dropouts all the way back? I was planning on ordering one tire, trying it out, and if it didn't work moving it to the front and getting something else for the rear, but if there no chance at all then i'd like to save the effort.
    Unfortunately, I didn't experiment with the rear after discovering the front was not an option with the Magnum. I do get away with Maxxis FBF/FBR in 3.8.
    I am looking forward to the V3 and experimenting with fatter tires and no chainline issues with the new 83mm BB.
    Currently, I have a V1.
    Congratz on the new rig. It should prove to be an excellent adventure factory.

Alex, your move!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Alex, your move!
    here it is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-img_20190710_135540_365.jpg  

Instagram - facebook

Rippin da fAt
    Nicely played, Alex!

Interesting how those 3.0's become 4.0's when ya pump em up too much!

Fission, the 4.0 should work in the rigid fork. The rear... Let us know!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Was a test fit of a Van Helga 27.5 x 4 on a Manitou Magnum comp.

The V3 will accomodate 4.0's with it's rigid fork.
    Hi guys, Im a new poster. Excited to one day get my hands on this bike, saving up currently. Quick question, doesnt the 3rd version have a suspension fork? Manitou Mattoc 29/27+ 140mm Comp? Thats what it says on the page.

In fact, since I plan on getting this particular version in sept. I was hoping its okay to just copy paste the specs and ask about them since I know absolutely nothing about mountain biking at all.

Frame: 27.5+ Aluminum 6061
    Fork: Manitou Mattoc 29/27+ 140mm Comp
    Headset: Cane Creek ZS-44
    Handle Bar: Race Face 35mm Turbine R 780mm
    Stem: Race Face 35mm Aeffect 50mm
    Grips: Lizard Skin Northshore
    Front Wheel: Sun Ringle Duroc 27.5x50mm Front 15x110mm Boost
    Rear Wheel: Sun Ringle Duroc 27.5x50mm Rear 12x157mm Super Boost
    Crank: Race Face 175mm Cinch 149mm DM
    Chain Ring: Race Face 30T NW Ring
    BB: Race Face 83mm BSA
    Chain: KMC X11SL
    Cassette: Shimano XT 11/46T 11spd
    Rear Shifter: Shimano SLX 11spd
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX 11spd
    Brakes: Shimano SLX
    Rotors: Shimano SLX
    Saddle: WTB Volt Comp
    Seat Post: Race Face Turbine / KS Lev Dropper
    Rear Axle: SRAM 188mm Rear Maxle Ultimate 12x157mm
    Tires: Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5 x 3.0 Addix Evolution Speedgrip

Is this a good bike for bike packing in harsh hectic climate that flactuates? We get heavy snow here as well sometimes. I actually dont live far from where the shop is located and am seriously considering getting this bike. Alex from RSD suggested this bike over the mayor which I was initially looking at.

If Im bike packing in bear and moose territory, not to get too dramatic but my life can depend on a bike that has specs that wont fail me in the middle of nowwhere, and this bike seems like a great start bike I can upgrade to create the ultimate bike packing rig that can handle all terrians and conditions.

The mayor has the nx sram is that worse than the shimano that comes on this bike? because from what I read the sram is generally better but low level nx is the exception to this?

What specs would I be looking at upgrading down the line to create the ultimate rig?

Anyone use this bike in heavy snow? I have no idea what 'Q' factor is, or what any of those numbers really mean, and I hope to find some information on that here.

If you read this far, thank you, youre a champ.

Rippin da fAt
    Frankly, for heavy snow you would be better suited with the Mayor. Drivetrain level is clearly not the absurdly priced level however should serve well. That is one area that you can easily upgrade as needed.

The Sergeant is a rig more suited for exploration, bikepacking, trail riding etc. While it does have the ability to ride snow on 27.5 x 4's but the jury is still out on the performance of 4.Bfat vs. 4.8/5".

Honestly, I will be receiving my V3 with the rigid fork tomorrow and look forward to building it up as a 29+ as well as a future pair of wheels for B.fat.
    Drivetrain will be Sram GX 10 speed, 36-11 and Turbine crankset 1x 30t. This bike will be a backcountry explorer that hopefully will provide a little better fuel economy while continuing to offer good to excellent sand and loose conditions performance. Hopefully, B4.0 will actually be good snow riding as well and if so, let's just call it the
    "Canadian Army Knife" of bicycles.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Frankly, for heavy snow you would be better suited with the Mayor. Drivetrain level is clearly not the absurdly priced level however should serve well. That is one area that you can easily upgrade as needed.

The Sergeant is a rig more suited for exploration, bikepacking, trail riding etc. While it does have the ability to ride snow on 27.5 x 4's but the jury is still out on the performance of 4.Bfat vs. 4.8/5".

Honestly, I will be receiving my V3 with the rigid fork tomorrow and look forward to building it up as a 29+ as well as a future pair of wheels for B.fat.
    Drivetrain will be Sram GX 10 speed, 36-11 and Turbine crankset 1x 30t. This bike will be a backcountry explorer that hopefully will provide a little better fuel economy while continuing to offer good to excellent sand and loose conditions performance. Hopefully, B4.0 will actually be good snow riding as well and if so, let's just call it the
    "Canadian Army Knife" of bicycles.
    Thank you for responding, I am confused by the terminology, are 27.5 x 4's the same thing as B.fats? If not, what are B.Fats?

So if I was getting this bike, what are the areas that would need upgrading to suit long distance millage? How good are the stock tires? And the tires I would need to look at, in terms of size, I would know better in the future when I know what frame size Im getting right? In other words, there are different tires right that can measure out to 27.5x4? Or can I just start browsing tires now?

Id like to have a clear picture of upgrades I would need to look at. For instance Ive just discovered Jones barshttps://www.jonesbikes.com/h-bars/

So that is one aspect probably that could use an upgrade, what others?

What upgrades you wish you knew existed if you were just starting out?

Because thats me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    B.fat is 27.5x3.8+, so 27.5x4 or 4.5 is B.fat.

You might be the first person I have heard say that SRAM is generally better than Shimano. I much prefer Shimano over SRAM.

For maximum reliability in a wide range of conditions, I'd recommend a rigid fork, mechanical disc brakes, 4.0 tires with sealant and Vittoria Airliners, and platform/flat pedals. You can certainly use a suspension fork, hydraulic discs, fatter tires and clipless pedals, but there are more things to potentially go wrong. That's just my experience.

Rippin da fAt
    Pfft!

Tires are highly subjective. It would make sense to have a very aggressive tread with good depth and fatness for snow and perhaps something a bit less aggressive for dirt. Air pressure for these is generally much lower than the narrower tires we all know. At times lowering pressure for sand or snow is used to eliminate or reduce "hike a bike". Tire sizes/widths... This is
    more a decision made before a ride and related to the type of terrain expected.
    27.5 is referred to as 650b so the reference to B.fat is another slang term for it.
    Unfortunately, the tire makers have their own idea of what a given measurement is as opposed to the SAE or Metric standards.

On the upgrade side of it all, I recommend using it as is and wearing out the original parts. Tires, perhaps, seat, perhaps, bars, perhaps. Otherwise, just run it til something is worn out and get your moneys worth.

Onward with the Sram vs. Shimano debate. Frankly, they are both good products for the most part.
    The argument of cable vs. hydro... I have hydros that have only had pad replacement in the last 10 years. Personally, I cannot stand the feel of cable stoppers however, that is a personal thing. Both forms of disc brakes work well.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Pfft!

Tires are highly subjective. It would make sense to have a very aggressive tread with good depth and fatness for snow and perhaps something a bit less aggressive for dirt. Air pressure for these is generally much lower than the narrower tires we all know. At times lowering pressure for sand or snow is used to eliminate or reduce "hike a bike". Tire sizes/widths... This is
    more a decision made before a ride and related to the type of terrain expected.
    27.5 is referred to as 650b so the reference to B.fat is another slang term for it.
    Unfortunately, the tire makers have their own idea of what a given measurement is as opposed to the SAE or Metric standards.

On the upgrade side of it all, I recommend using it as is and wearing out the original parts. Tires, perhaps, seat, perhaps, bars, perhaps. Otherwise, just run it til something is worn out and get your moneys worth.

Onward with the Sram vs. Shimano debate. Frankly, they are both good products for the most part.
    The argument of cable vs. hydro... I have hydros that have only had pad replacement in the last 10 years. Personally, I cannot stand the feel of cable stoppers however, that is a personal thing. Both forms of disc brakes work well.
    This is great. Thank you for this input. What are some seats I should take a look at?

I plan on riding it on average 4 hours/day 3 days a week for sure. So I need some recommendations for seats? Someone posted a link for suspension dropper post, so I plan to eventually pick that up https://www.pnwcomponents.com/collec...28488424554573

And since Im riding it for such extended periods, not looking to just causually waste money I dont have, so getting this to get a lot of use out of it, and plan on builting it up as a bike packing rig, I see no sense in riding with no front suspension. Regarding the hydrolic brakes, how do they do in -10c? or 14f? I heard they freeze or there might be a chance so I would like more input on that as well.

Regarding the sram thing, if I wanted to put GX eagle 12 speed how do I go about do that? Like this one https://www.sweetpetes.com/product/s...t-328901-1.htm

Is it suppose to be at 175mm or 170mm? I really want to eventually upgrade that on my bike, so I can just put that whole kit right? Is 685 maple syrup dubloons a lot for this? Because for some reason amazon its going for 800- 1900 which is astronomical.

I realize these are all probably silly questions, I hope I am not wasting too much of your time. Eventually I might be showing others the rubber side of things as well.

Also what youve said here about the wheels seems to make a lot of sense. How about something like wrathchild https://45nrth.com/products/wrathchild Is there a tire that is just perfect everywhere? Or close to it? Best for all seasons?

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Doctor View Post
    This is great. Thank you for this input. What are some seats I should take a look at?

I plan on riding it on average 4 hours/day 3 days a week for sure. So I need some recommendations for seats? Someone posted a link for suspension dropper post, so I plan to eventually pick that up https://www.pnwcomponents.com/collec...28488424554573

And since Im riding it for such extended periods, not looking to just causually waste money I dont have, so getting this to get a lot of use out of it, and plan on builting it up as a bike packing rig, I see no sense in riding with no front suspension. Regarding the hydrolic brakes, how do they do in -10c? or 14f? I heard they freeze or there might be a chance so I would like more input on that as well.

Regarding the sram thing, if I wanted to put GX eagle 12 speed how do I go about do that? Like this one https://www.sweetpetes.com/product/s...t-328901-1.htm

Is it suppose to be at 175mm or 170mm? I really want to eventually upgrade that on my bike, so I can just put that whole kit right? Is 685 maple syrup dubloons a lot for this? Because for some reason amazon its going for 800- 1900 which is astronomical.

I realize these are all probably silly questions, I hope I am not wasting too much of your time. Eventually I might be showing others the rubber side of things as well.

Also what youve said here about the wheels seems to make a lot of sense. How about something like wrathchild https://45nrth.com/products/wrathchild Is there a tire that is just perfect everywhere? Or close to it? Best for all seasons?
    For your last question i know decades ago for formula 1 racing they were using
    - qualifying tires extra grip but destroyed past 5 laps
    - dry tires for dry weather
    - wet tires for rain
    - hybrid, a comprise decent in wet and dry
    so you need to know the conditions to select the proper tire
    In Quebec i use 4.8x26 studded on 90 mm rims for Max grip our 4 winter months and 27.5x3.0 Chronicle fr with a 2.8 Rekon rear on 40 mm rims for 8 months

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Doctor View Post

DOT fluid does not have an issue at the temps you would wanna ride a bike. Think about it, there are an awful lotta cars operating during the dead of winter. Brakes seem to work better on snow than ice tho'...

Seats, that one is on you since they are the single most subjective item on a bike, followed by tire pressure. It's on you to try various bikes and when you find a seat that works for ya, order up a couple of em, seriously, cause if you need a replacement that model might be discontinued.

The V3 does come with a squishy fork and there is a rigid available as well.

Wrathchild is available in a "3.0" but is not as fat as it should be. The 4.6 is a no go...
    Standard tires are Nobby Nic 3.0's which are plenty aggressive. For better efficiency there is Rocket Ron and a host of similar tread patterns out there.
    Tire choice and performance is directly related to the terrain you will be riding.
    The V3 is capable of 4" tires for the added flotation of snow/sand.

11 speed vs. 12 speed. Pfft! Are the 12 speeds giving us a taller final drive? With wide range cassettes these days, you can do a much lower gear for the long grunts and nearly climb a cliff. Cassettes can be well over 300 smackers...

Frankly, once you have the bike in hand and experience it, you'll have a better idea of what changes you would like to make. Don't over think before you have a ride or 3 under your belt...
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    The V3 is all built up and ready to rip!

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-p5pb17581747.jpg
    RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-p5pb17581453.jpg
    RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-p5pb17581430.jpg
    RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-p5pb17581428.jpg

Rippin da fAt
    Pfft!

Lookin great! Now, how ya liking the ride?

Dammit, Trials... I have a frame/fork settin here and still trying to decide on the bits necessary to gitter on the trail!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    When I got the E-mail that they were changing specs, while I already had the rest of the bike lined up, I looked back at the V2 frame. Turns out that the reach and stack of an XXL V2 are similar to an L V3 (L and XL V2 were out of stock). Because I use a KOPS fit, I just compensate for seat angle, and this worked perfectly. Instead of slamming my seat back, I was actually able to adjust it to the middle, for once. (I usually use a 20mm setback post, but could have used a 0 offset for this one.)

So here's my mutant V2 frame / V3 fork build. 45mm stem. Rims are 50mm Mulefut with Maxxis FBF/FBR 27.5x3.8. Clearance is just right.

Thatís a 38t chainring in the outside position of a non-boost triple, and a 11-46t Sunrace 10speed cassette. No shifting problems, just a little noise at times. Might just need better adjustment or lubrication.RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-img_2189.jpg

Baby Bear is in the house
    here it is
    My dream bike
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    If I were in the market for a hard tail, this would be it. It may be the most versatile hard tail out there.

Unfortunately I have a plus bike (Salsa TJ) and a fat bike (Lynskey Fatskey) already and I have them dialed in.

However, if a V3 Titanium becomes available, Iím not sure I could resist.

mtbr member
    Really liking the geometry of the new v3 I put a 35mm stem on and I feel like the bike fits me perfectly now. I've been out on some good rides with the v3 and I don't know if it's the addition of the dropper post or the new geometry but I'm having a lot of fun on the it so far. It feels playful agile and stable out on the trails and is a lot of fun to hop around on, oh and it manuals and wheelies like a dream! Plan is for 4" tires this winter to see if it can give the mayor a run for its money.

Rippin da fAt
    Really liking the geometry of the new v3 I put a 35mm stem on and I feel like the bike fits me perfectly now. I've been out on some good rides with the v3 and I don't know if it's the addition of the dropper post or the new geometry but I'm having a lot of fun on the it so far. It feels playful agile and stable out on the trails and is a lot of fun to hop around on, oh and it manuals and wheelies like a dream! Plan is for 4" tires this winter to see if it can give the mayor a run for its money.
    Damn, I'm thinking about just setting it up as a 4" tire bike, full time. I did choose the rigid RSD issue fork so loads of clearance in front.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-img_0685-1-.jpg
    RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-img_0690.jpg

One of the last titanium V2 frames. "Budget" build from eBay and my parts bin. Very happy with the sale process and with the ride.

Thanks for all of the info on this thread

Rippin da fAt
    Good stuff, Antonio! Enjoy the new bike smell!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Hello....Is this frame still available? The TI Sergeant XL frame...Let me know and thanks! David

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonsdeadend View Post
    Hello....Is this frame still available? The TI Sergeant XL frame...Let me know and thanks! David
    It appears to be a thing of the past if you are referring to the V2.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Hi guys,

I wanted to thank those who replied and helped out earlier. I am currently still saving up. But I decided to go slightely different route. On RSD website they have a couple of new frames and a bike that is coming out in April ish of next year. Ive put a deposit down for a slick looking purple frame of new Wildcat. Will post pics once Ive gotten my hands on my precious.

As it still stands though, I will be getting a hardtail in the mean time. Just not the Serge because I dont have 2.5 k and wont for awhile.

Cheers guys. Keeping riding and enjoying life.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Late response

Hey ErrAzib, How have the 3.8 minions been for riding in the snow so far? How's that carbon fork holding up?
    Sorry for delay

The fork works very well, stiff as expected.

I've get rid of Minions on both Sarge and Mayor. Shitty winter tire, front was very tricky to ride on loose condition. Rear does not have enough traction for steep climbs. Get back on good old DIY studded Lou (front-cornering orientation and rear-traction orientation) for the Mayor and mount Studded 3.8 Gnarwhal on Sarge. Got a bunch of very fast rides on hard packed/icy trails last winter....keep the same setup for this winter

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-sarge.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Winter Setup Engaged

RSD Sergeant thread (Pix are appreciated)-sarge.jpg

I'd like to switch to V3 frame but since It needs new rear hub and crankset, I'll ride the V1 for another season I guess

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrAzIb View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sarge.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	273.3 KB 
ID:	1290935

I'd like to switch to V3 frame but since It needs new rear hub and crankset, I'll ride the V1 for another season I guess
    The V1 is staying on the job and the V3 joined the fleet.

V1 3.25's mostly.
    V3 3.8 full time on Lithic 70's @65mm inside. Rigid fork forged from P'ber cans snatched from Alex's rubbish bin and appropriately recycled! Thanks Alex! You forge a damn nice fork from those dead soldiers...

The V1 and 3.8:
    The overall experience was good overall but the chainline was adversely affected.
    V1 and 3.25's: a very nice fit with no chainline issues to speak of. Riding pressure 10 psi max. Drop em down to 4f 5r and have at it on our snow BMX course. If you pinch flat with several feet of packed snow between you and the nearest anything, hurry, post haste, buy a fvcking lottery ticket. I get utterly rowdy with this setup and it's hella fun. Crash in the powder, laughing the whole ride cause I'm a 57 year old 12 year old on a bike, in the snow, being a friggen toys r us clown... Stupid kids!!!

Cannot wait to get the V3 out there and have a rip round the track once the snow is here in ernest.

ErrAzib, with Turbines, you swap the spindle for the 151mm and use the same crankset, good to go! No need to replace the BB or crankset other than to have a set on both bikes and at the ready.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Mar 2017

Here's a too-detailed short-term review of my RSD Sergeant V3. I ordered the rigid complete build w/ 3.0 tires and no dropper.

I had been riding a long-travel hard tail for years. But recently, I was in the market for a new bike and had the crazy idea that I could get by with an aggressive rigid plus bike even though I like to hit drops and jumps now and then. I wanted something less than $2k, slack-ish, less than 30 lbs, that had Shimano brakes. The RSD Sergeant was the only bike I could find meeting that criteria.

Alex at RSD was great to deal with and answered all my questions. The bike was shipped out quick, I probably got it in less than a week from purchasing online. I'm not exactly a bike mechanic, but I got the Sergeant assembled in an evening without a hitch. Next thing I did was convert to tubeless. Got one tire seated with a hand pump but had to take the other to the shop. They seated it in a second.

First small issue. The Sergeant has like 20 mount holes in the frame/fork. (Thanks Instagram bike packers.) But I wanted those covered so I could clean the bike without getting water in the frame. So I ordered a pack of Bubs rubber plugs and a dropper hole plug. The dropper plug fit fine but the Bubs plugs didn't fit well. So then I just went to Lowe's and bought all their M5 screws. Problem solved. One of the zip ties for the rear brake cable on the seat stay would clip my foot when pedaling, so I had move the cable out of the guide and run it inside of the seat stay. Also, The Cane Creek headset (or perhaps the stem/bars) creaks when I climb out of the saddle. Not a big deal but I haven't had time to dig into it yet.

Another issue I had is when I tightened down the front thru-axle QR, I felt a little side-to-side wiggle in the front hub. So I found that I had to tighten that thru-axle as hard as I could to remove the play. Sometimes it even takes a few tries. Slightly concerning but it works so far.

Last thing. The top tube on this bike is long. Like longer than any comparable bike I looked at. Being 5'8" I had a hard time figuring out whether I wanted a size small or medium. Based on the sizing chart, I decided on a medium. But it felt too long. So I put on the shortest stem I could buy, which helped, but it still feels a tad long.

If anyone out there has a small Sergeant and wants a medium. I'll happily trade you frames. I'll even help pay for your shipping.

Okay now all the good stuff. Components are great for the price. Can't argue with Raceface and Shimano. The stock stem is nice and short. Wtb seat is good. The thick Oury-stype grips help dampen vibrations especially if you go rigid. (I tried ESI chunky grips for a few rides but the bar ends fell out, the grips moved, and they started to tear so I put the original grips back on.) The Nobby Nic tires have more grip than you ever need and clear mud easy. I weigh 150 lbs and I've settled on 12 front/15 back psi. On the first ride, I hopped my back wheel into a curb and put a good dent in the rim. I feel like the Stans rim on my old bike would have fared better. But the wheels have stayed pretty straight after 3-4 months without any truing.

The weight as pictured is 30.0 lbs. But the bike doesn't feel that heavy. I assumed it was 28 lbs before I got out the scale. Maybe it feels lighter because the weight is more balanced compared to a hard tail. Or maybe because there's not suspension sucking up your power. I'm not a big fan of the pea green color but who cares. The aluminum frame is nicely balanced between being light and strong. The head tube gusset is beefy.

Ride impressions coming from a 27.5x2.4 long-travel hard-tail: First thing I noticed moving to 3.0 tires is the grip. Steep, rough hills that used to be a challenge are now easy. Grip-wise, it feels like I'm cheating. Corners where I used to focus to keep traction, I now coast through without a second thought.

The plus tires, geometry (slack HT, long TT and CS), and stiff frame encourage you to let it loose downhill. I have no problem keeping up with suspension riders until we hit big rocks or step downs. But with the long TT and CS (445-460), I have to man-handle the bike to hop or manual. If the CS was closer to 420-430 slammed, I'd say the geometry would be perfect.

With the rigid, I feel freed from ****ing around with the fork lockout. I don't have to check the fork pressure before each ride. No more fork services. Once I got all of the small issues ironed out, all I have to do before a ride is pump up the tires and lube the chain. I can grab this bike and GO.

And I'm excited about trying different options in the future. If I want to ride on snow or sand, I'll put on some 4.0 Cake Eaters and float around. Or If I want to crush downhills, I'll get a long travel fork. If I want to strap a bunch of crap to my bike, there's like 20 holes for that.
    Last edited by flats4lyfe; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:49 PM.

Rippin da fAt
    Congratz, Flats4lyfe! It may take some time to get to know the bike but that's the best part.

I too went with the rigid fork. Need to order up a ton of aluminum bottle cage bolts in a rainbow of colors to spice it up some.
    My wheel choice at this point will be Lithic 70mm rims and plan to run the Van Helga 4.0's or FBR's full time. I am looking at this bike as more of
    a mid-fat than a plus. The idea is backcountry, unimproved routes and exploration. For all else, there's the Wildcat, MiddleChild or the venerable V1.

Back to your build. If you can locate a 35mm stem, that may help with length. Sliding the seat forward can help but also change how it pedals due to rider position. Keep it as near to new condition, Alex might be open to a frame swap or know of someone interested in your trade offer. Yup, there's loads of options for gear attachment. Can ya say bikepacking bike??

Thanks for the writeup, my friend!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    What would be the minimum 29er tire for the v3? Just curious if it would be possible to setup with 2.35-2.4s faster rolling tires on lets say 30mm id or so wheels? BB too low? I would be looking at setting up rigid SS for around town, commuting and occasional mellow single track thrown in plus having the option of converting into a mini fatbike if ever needed.
    2018 RSD Middlechild
    2010 Giant STP SS

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kryten View Post
    What would be the minimum 29er tire for the v3? Just curious if it would be possible to setup with 2.35-2.4s faster rolling tires on lets say 30mm id or so wheels? BB too low? I would be looking at setting up rigid SS for around town, commuting and occasional mellow single track thrown in plus having the option of converting into a mini fatbike if ever needed.
    You can check maxxis and other websites. Some 2.4 are designed for 30-35. My plus bike came with 175 after 2 months a few $ got me 165 that were great for where i ride so your bike your choice.

Rippin da fAt
    It is stock as a 27.5 x 3.0. 29 x 2.WTF will work fine as will 29 x 3.0

It's a great option to have "mid fat" as it is designed to do 27.5 x 3.fvckyeah, um, 3.8/4.0.
    A good option for versatile change ups and rack mounts on the rigid fork as well as the rear...

Thus far, I have a pair of FBR's and a pair of Van Helgas to choose from. VH is notably fatter than FBR for winter/snow.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    You can get really fast rolling "plus" tires in 2.8" or 3" they are really fun around town. My urban assault bike is 29+ Surly Krampus setup SS with 29 x 3" tires [Bonty Chupas] and I regularly chase down roadies. Especially if there is a rough surface like broken pavement or a wood bridge.

Then I can ride any dirt I come across as well without a second thought.

I have two proper "road" bikes in a Surly Straggler [700c x 32mm] and a Surly LHT [26 x 2.5"]. But I grab the Krampus 99% of the time for city riding. The fact it rolls so fast on those 29+ tires is a big part of the reason.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    ..........V3 joined the fleet............

............V3 3.8 full time on Lithic 70's @65mm inside......
    I just picked up V3 frame/fork combo on the Black Friday sale. I couldn't pass up the deal. My plan is to build this primarily in the 27.5 x 4" guise. Can you please talk about your experience with those rims? I'd like to go wider than the Duroc 50s that are spec'd on the full bike build and was looking at those exact rims. Any tire advice for groomed snow would be welcome as well.

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by neilether View Post
    I just picked up V3 frame/fork combo on the Black Friday sale. I couldn't pass up the deal. My plan is to build this primarily in the 27.5 x 4" guise. Can you please talk about your experience with those rims? I'd like to go wider than the Duroc 50s that are spec'd on the full bike build and was looking at those exact rims. Any tire advice for groomed snow would be welcome as well.
    Snow, Van Helga...
    I was interested in a 65mm rim but at 260 per, I'll go with the Lithic and be 5mm wider for less than one plastic rim. The Lithic looks to be made by AlexRims. It will do tubeless but I'll use Q-Tube SL for the ease of tire swaps that are not a career to do.
    I chose to go with the RSD aluminum rigid fork and keep this one simple.
    Weight wise, the Lithic isn't terrible and I'm not worried about a small difference when I can apply the coin to other areas of the build. They do lace up nicely, have the UST style beadseat for the low tire ride in snow or loose dirt.

Intent of build is backcountry and bikepacking as well as the improved fuel economy of mid fat.
    3.8/4.0
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Snow, Van Helga...
    I'll go with the Lithic and be 5mm wider for less than one plastic rim. The Lithic looks to be made by AlexRims......I chose to go with the RSD aluminum rigid fork and keep this one simple.

...Intent of build is backcountry and bikepacking as well as the improved fuel economy of mid fat.
    3.8/4.0
    Thanks for the info. Have you had any issues with chain rub on the tire (or worse, tire rub on the frame) with the wider rim out back? That's my biggest concern. Just trying to figure out if running those Lithic rims is viable without too much futzing around as I'd like to run a 4" tire out back.

I also went with the aluminum fork. Mine will show up on Monday and then the build can being.

Rippin da fAt
    Thanks for the info. Have you had any issues with chain rub on the tire (or worse, tire rub on the frame) with the wider rim out back? That's my biggest concern. Just trying to figure out if running those Lithic rims is viable without too much futzing around as I'd like to run a 4" tire out back.

I also went with the aluminum fork. Mine will show up on Monday and then the build can being.
    With the Van Helga being one of the fatter/taller of the 3.8/4.0's out there, I have mounted one on a 50mm rim/wheel and test fitted the rear with reasonably excellent clearance. Keep in mind, the wide rim will spread the beads but overall width will only expand by a few mm's and permit the use of lower tire pressure without feeling like you're riding a flat. Chain clearance appears to be good as well. I still need to test fit with the BB/crank from the V1 and verify the fitment. Ring flip may be necessary at worst. With 83mm BB shell and 157mm hub, chainline is way more forgiving than was the case on the V1. Also of note, the V1 didn't clear a VH but Maxxis FBF fit with ample clearance.

The Mayor does around 6 miles per sammich and the V3 should be an improvement on that.
    The difference between the Mayor and Sarge the 3rd... Mayor for the big snow with poorly groomed or bike groomed and the V3 will do the more compacted snow and real groomer groomed. Speculating there since the Mayor wears 4.8's with 30-40% tire squish for deep stuff and the V3 is on some freakin fat flubber but it isn't 4.8. Also, the VH's are not remotely as pliable and supple as a Bud/Lou or a liteskin tire which makes a day and night difference in most snow conditions.

I do keep my hopes up that Schwalbe will come up with a snow specific tread pattern and liteskin casing in 27.5 as well as 26. Or perhaps, Surly?? 45Nrth doesn't seem to want to do a softer, more supple casing it seems.

I'll do another test fitting in the next couple days to get a better idea of the fitment and share my findings with chainline involved.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    With the Van Helga being one of the fatter/taller of the 3.8/4.0's out there, I have mounted one on a 50mm rim/wheel and test fitted the rear with reasonably excellent clearance. Keep in mind, the wide rim will spread the beads but overall width will only expand by a few mm's and permit the use of lower tire pressure without feeling like you're riding a flat. Chain clearance appears to be good as well. I still need to test fit with the BB/crank from the V1 and verify the fitment. Ring flip may be necessary at worst. With 83mm BB shell and 157mm hub, chainline is way more forgiving than was the case on the V1. Also of note, the V1 didn't clear a VH but Maxxis FBF fit with ample clearance.......

...I'll do another test fitting in the next couple days to get a better idea of the fitment and share my findings with chainline involved.
    Thanks again. Very helpful. I think I'll go with the Lithic rims. I'm excited to get this built up and ready to rock.

mtbr member
    V3 Frame and Fork: ORDERED
    Lithic 70mm rims: ORDERED
    hubs/spikes/neeples: ORDERED
    Spindle for 83mm BB shell: ORDERED
    4Ē Vanhelga w/ tan sidewall: ORDERED
    all the rest: IN MY GARAGE

should have everything built up and pre-tested on snow before Xmas!

Rippin da fAt
    V3 Frame and Fork: ORDERED
    Lithic 70mm rims: ORDERED
    hubs/spikes/neeples: ORDERED
    Spindle for 83mm BB shell: ORDERED
    4Ē Vanhelga w/ tan sidewall: ORDERED
    all the rest: IN MY GARAGE

should have everything built up and pre-tested on snow before Xmas!
    lookin forward to your results. Unfortunately, I haven't had a moment to do further test fitting with a drive side crank and chain in place but do believe it will have sufficient space due to 83/157.

Searching my bins has provided a few bits as well. Sure is nice to have those bins on the shelf!
    Ran across an OG Flite saddle I would like to use as well as a pair of guide 4 pot calipers that would work well with a pair of Hope levers.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    lookin forward to your results. Unfortunately, I haven't had a moment to do further test fitting with a drive side crank and chain in place but do believe it will have sufficient space due to 83/157.

Searching my bins has provided a few bits as well. Sure is nice to have those bins on the shelf!
    Ran across an OG Flite saddle I would like to use as well as a pair of guide 4 pot calipers that would work well with a pair of Hope levers.
    Alas, I will me running sans dropper post this year. My budget is done well spent.....plus a bit. Whoopsies. 😬 I didnít pay attention when I ordered the frame and didnít realize itís the smaller seat tube diameter. So I canít swap my other dropper. Luckily I have a long aluminum post that Iíll throw in there for now.

Rippin da fAt
    Alas, I will me running sans dropper post this year. My budget is done well spent.....plus a bit. Whoopsies.  I didnít pay attention when I ordered the frame and didnít realize itís the smaller seat tube diameter. So I canít swap my other dropper. Luckily I have a long aluminum post that Iíll throw in there for now.
    Lucky to have had a spare 30.9 post in the bin as well! The dropper craze has hit and I have no idea where my old Hite Rite springs are. May well have given em away over the years. They were stupid light, simple and worked fair.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    How would the new Sergeant do with a 26x4.0 wheel? Its been a while, but I thought the theory behind 27.5x3.8 wheels was similar overall diameter, but with a shallower sidewall for better ride feel?
    Silly bike things happening.

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlands R&C View Post
    How would the new Sergeant do with a 26x4.0 wheel? Its been a while, but I thought the theory behind 27.5x3.8 wheels was similar overall diameter, but with a shallower sidewall for better ride feel?
    Comparing a 26 to 27.7 in 3.8/4.0 is going to have a difference in outside diameter as well as roll over capability. This also has an impact on BB height along with pedal clearance.

27.5 is close to 4.8 in terms of OD
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member

Thanks BansheeRune.

But also, damn you! Because now I want a Sergeant as well.... And a mayor!!
    Silly bike things happening.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    @RSD Bikes,

Is it possible to release the upcoming/new Sergeant specs like you did last year in this thread? Trying to decide if I get this model on sale now or wait.

-release time frame
    -still Aluminum?
    -spec updates/changes?
    -similar price?

Finally, would a OneUp Components V1 Dropper 30.9/150MM (below) fit a medium and large Sergeant?
    https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/revie.../oneup-dropper

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NM_Dirt_Rag View Post
    @RSD Bikes,

Is it possible to release the upcoming/new Sergeant specs like you did last year in this thread? Trying to decide if I get this model on sale now or wait.

-release time frame
    -still Aluminum?
    -spec updates/changes?
    -similar price?

Finally, would a OneUp Components V1 Dropper 30.9/150MM (below) fit a medium and large Sergeant?
    https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/revie.../oneup-dropper

Thanks
    The V3 is the latest version of the Sergeant and we are pretty happy with it, so no V4 in the near future
    The current sale ends January 12th
    Yes, that OneUp dropper will fit just fine.
    Best,
    Instagram - facebook

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    The V3 is the latest version of the Sergeant and we are pretty happy with it, so no V4 in the near future
    The current sale ends January 12th
    Yes, that OneUp dropper will fit just fine.
    Best,
    thanks for the update

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlands R&C View Post

Thanks BansheeRune.

But also, damn you! Because now I want a Sergeant as well.... And a mayor!!
    Pfft! Sergeants and Mayors do play well, don'tcha know!!
    Now you have sompin to save up for as well as look forward to. And it's like Ketchup from a freshly opened bottle, Anticipation...
    It is a hard Jones but worth it.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Just received my new Sergeant complete build last Friday!!

One ride in and Iím very happy with it. Thanks RSD/Alex for getting it shipped out quickly.

Rippin da fAt
    Quote Originally Posted by SalsaHT View Post
    Just received my new Sergeant complete build last Friday!!

One ride in and Iím very happy with it. Thanks RSD/Alex for getting it shipped out quickly.
    Congratz! Hope to see some ride reports along with some pix...
    Doctor recommended...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345