Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

norco torrent 7 27+

8K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  DABIGSEAT 
#1 ·
I have been giving some thought to the new 2016 Norco torrent 27+ plus size ht .. was just wondering have anyone else gave this a eyeball? I know Norco is not one of the commonly mentioned bike lines on this forum but deserve a look . been lookin for something in the middle of the road of fat bikes and an aggressives ht trail bike , think I mght give it a go .................comments or suggestions

#5 ·
I've been looking at the Norco and Specialized Fuse Expert. There are some differences:

The Norco is a chunk spendier at $3125 (Cdn) vs $2600, but it appears to have better fork (Yari Plus RC 130mm), DB5 vs DB3 brakes, and a proper XD 10-42 cassette/body vs Sunrace 11-40. Schwalbe Nooby nic tires are nice to see on the Norco.

The Fuse appears to have a better dropper post but I'm a noobie in that field as a regular seatpost has never held me back in the past. Personally I like the Fuse color better.

Norco geometry has a full 20mm higher BB and a chainstay that's 7.5mm *shorter* than the 430mm Fuse (size medium). Those two differences should result in a fairly different feeling rig.

#6 ·
Thanks for the reviews.....I'm buying this blind, no demo or anything just looking for something I can go out in the "off season" still have some fun .... Don't think I need the top model but might consider it because of the fork & wheel set .....haven't given specialized a look but maybe it deserves one ! Been hooked on norco because of there warranty & customer service, in the past always had the feeling specialized was too big to care about the little users, but maybe that has change .....its relavent cause I break ****

#9 ·
I see the Torrent 7.1 advertised for 2425$ on Norco's website but the 7.2 also looks great for the price. I am also looking at similar models and I think the Torrent 7.1 is my favourite but IMHO nice contenders are also the Orbea Loki @2099$ and the Felt Surplus 30 @2499$

#10 ·
just got the 7.1 in and took my first ride on fairly uneventful terrain just to get a feel. The bike feels great. Running the psi around 12 and will probably back it off as I ride. The Yari is awesome and the GX drivetrain feels solid. I run X1 on my AM bike and the GX actually feels better at the lever than X1. One thing you must be careful of is the cable mounts running down the belly of the down tube. They look solid but are so easy to strip if you're not perfectly aligned. I know cuz I stripped the middle one while installing the dropper. If you haven't checked out the MTBUK (MBUK?) they compared the Torrent to the Orbea and some other HT plus and picked the Torrent as best.
Cheers!

#13 ·
Yup!!!! Man was it a good decision ,,,,at 1st I was like dam I should've got a fat bike ( all my buddies have them).....oh but then things started to thaw a little , bike came alive ....FREAKIN
LOVING IT !!!! Responsive,comfortable, light , and climbs like a goat!!!! I ended up getting the bottom model as this wasn't my main steed , made some upgrade from stiff I had in my shop ( brakes/slx deore, 32t chainring, dropper Post)....this bike has been an absolute blast to ride..3 of my boys have already dumped there fat bike in pursuit of a 27.5+ bike .....hahahahahaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.