norco torrent 7 27+- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

norco torrent 7 27+

I have been giving some thought to the new 2016 Norco torrent 27+ plus size ht .. was just wondering have anyone else gave this a eyeball? I know Norco is not one of the commonly mentioned bike lines on this forum but deserve a look . been lookin for something in the middle of the road of fat bikes and an aggressives ht trail bike , think I mght give it a go .................comments or suggestions
    Ride hard everytime....or take up hiking...........lol

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Check this out. Not me. Traction for days. https://instagram.com/p/7vjI1KoZy3/

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Nice bike and video. I have the Fuse and love it. But, I want the RS Yari fork that's coming on the Norco bike.

Ride Everything
    Saw it at Interbike, and it's on my short list for a new bike. Norco's entire 2016 line looks really good, especially at the lower price points.
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

mtbr member
    I've been looking at the Norco and Specialized Fuse Expert. There are some differences:

The Norco is a chunk spendier at $3125 (Cdn) vs $2600, but it appears to have better fork (Yari Plus RC 130mm), DB5 vs DB3 brakes, and a proper XD 10-42 cassette/body vs Sunrace 11-40. Schwalbe Nooby nic tires are nice to see on the Norco.

The Fuse appears to have a better dropper post but I'm a noobie in that field as a regular seatpost has never held me back in the past. Personally I like the Fuse color better.

Norco geometry has a full 20mm higher BB and a chainstay that's 7.5mm *shorter* than the 430mm Fuse (size medium). Those two differences should result in a fairly different feeling rig.
    www.ottawavelo.com - MTB & Gravel lifestyle in Eastern Ontario

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fritZman View Post
    I've been looking at the Norco and Specialized Fuse Expert. There are some differences:

The Norco is a chunk spendier at $3125 (Cdn) vs $2600, but it appears to have better fork (Yari Plus RC 130mm), DB5 vs DB3 brakes, and a proper XD 10-42 cassette/body vs Sunrace 11-40. Schwalbe Nooby nic tires are nice to see on the Norco.

The Fuse appears to have a better dropper post but I'm a noobie in that field as a regular seatpost has never held me back in the past. Personally I like the Fuse color better.

Norco geometry has a full 20mm higher BB and a chainstay that's 7.5mm *shorter* than the 430mm Fuse (size medium). Those two differences should result in a fairly different feeling rig.
    Thanks for the reviews.....I'm buying this blind, no demo or anything just looking for something I can go out in the "off season" still have some fun .... Don't think I need the top model but might consider it because of the fork & wheel set .....haven't given specialized a look but maybe it deserves one ! Been hooked on norco because of there warranty & customer service, in the past always had the feeling specialized was too big to care about the little users, but maybe that has change .....its relavent cause I break shit

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    The Torrent 7.2 may be coming in at $1450 USD, and aside from the Suntour fork, it's got pretty decent components.
    Work - Utility GIS Analyst
    Party - 2019 Guerrilla Gravity Revved Trail Pistol Sz 3

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I've heard a Jan 16 release date. Has anyone heard anything different?

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I see the Torrent 7.1 advertised for 2425$ on Norco's website but the 7.2 also looks great for the price. I am also looking at similar models and I think the Torrent 7.1 is my favourite but IMHO nice contenders are also the Orbea Loki @2099$ and the Felt Surplus 30 @2499$

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    just got the 7.1 in and took my first ride on fairly uneventful terrain just to get a feel. The bike feels great. Running the psi around 12 and will probably back it off as I ride. The Yari is awesome and the GX drivetrain feels solid. I run X1 on my AM bike and the GX actually feels better at the lever than X1. One thing you must be careful of is the cable mounts running down the belly of the down tube. They look solid but are so easy to strip if you're not perfectly aligned. I know cuz I stripped the middle one while installing the dropper. If you haven't checked out the MTBUK (MBUK?) they compared the Torrent to the Orbea and some other HT plus and picked the Torrent as best.
    Cheers!

mtbr member
    Nice! I'm running 10psi front, 12 psi rear (210 lbs).

Thanks for the MTBUK review heads up. There's actually a Q&A on Norco's site on that as well.

I'll post the links on the other Torrent Thread in 27.5+ (http://forums.mtbr.com/27-5-29/norco...nt-986759.html)
    www.ottawavelo.com - MTB & Gravel lifestyle in Eastern Ontario

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DABIGSEAT View Post
    Thanks for the reviews.....I'm buying this blind, no demo or anything just looking for something I can go out in the "off season" still have some fun .... Don't think I need the top model but might consider it because of the fork & wheel set .....haven't given specialized a look but maybe it deserves one ! Been hooked on norco because of there warranty & customer service, in the past always had the feeling specialized was too big to care about the little users, but maybe that has change .....its relavent cause I break shit
    Did you end up buying this bike? I'm thinking about the blind option too. Took an RSD Sergeant out for a spin last night, but not sold. I like the Torrent spec much better.
    Asteroids do not concern me admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.

mtbr member
    Yup!!!! Man was it a good decision ,,,,at 1st I was like dam I should've got a fat bike ( all my buddies have them).....oh but then things started to thaw a little , bike came alive ....FREAKIN
    LOVING IT !!!! Responsive,comfortable, light , and climbs like a goat!!!! I ended up getting the bottom model as this wasn't my main steed , made some upgrade from stiff I had in my shop ( brakes/slx deore, 32t chainring, dropper Post)....this bike has been an absolute blast to ride..3 of my boys have already dumped there fat bike in pursuit of a 27.5+ bike .....hahahahahaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Any feedback on the Yari Plus 130 fork on the Torrent? Thinking of getting one for an upgrade to my Fuse comp.

mtbr member
    mine didn't come with the yari,,, as I did not get the 7.1 ,,,, mine came with a suntour raiden .........its eeh not great but not bad better than I would expect from suntour tho......
    Quote Originally Posted by rushman3 View Post
    Any feedback on the Yari Plus 130 fork on the Torrent? Thinking of getting one for an upgrade to my Fuse comp.