Help with my first bike - KONA WOZO or KONA BIG HONZO DL??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2016

Help with my first bike - KONA WOZO or KONA BIG HONZO DL??

Ok I have the cash and both these bikes are the same price. I actually live 20 minutes from the Kona shop and want to support local....

I have not ridden in years but want to get a bike to......... ride around town. Take up in the mountains occasionally and be able to ride around all year...... I live in the pacific NW

Here are my 2 options and would love some feedback.... PLEASE!

Kona Big Honzo DL

KONA BIKES | MTB | HONZO | Big Honzo DL

or........

Kona WOZO

KONA BIKES | MTB | WO | Wozo

Thanks for ALL the responses.... God Bless America

Fat-tired Roadie
    Lol, I live up the hill from that shop. Great mountain biking here. I was thinking about a plus bike myself but decided I'd rather have a Process.

What does "take up in the mountains occasionally" mean to you?

Lately, I really like the Big Rove as an around town kind of bike. But I don't know they it's what I'd be looking for for singletrack.

Something else I play with around here is all the old logging roads. If I'm building a ride around that, I take my cyclocross bike. So I think the Big Rove (or Sutra LTD - want!) would be a good fit for that.

Between the two you mentioned, the Big Honzo. Our winter has like a week when a fat bike would be great and you can usually still ride a conventional width tire that week.

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    The fatbike would be fun in all weather, but so will the 27+. Plus the honzo has a dropper post that the wozo. You can easily throw a 29er wheelset with boost hubs in the honzo too.
    "a hundred travel books isn't worth one real trip"

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by watts888 View Post
    The fatbike would be fun in all weather, but so will the 27+. Plus the honzo has a dropper post that the wozo. You can easily throw a 29er wheelset with boost hubs in the honzo too.
    The Wozo's geo is pretty much a Honzo with fat tires. Take the fat tires advantages without compromised geo...if you think you can push them. I'm a big dude, so pushing a fat tire isn't a problem for me. I felt as fresh a daisy pushing my friends Norco Sas 1x up the hill I normal ride on. Fresher than if I was using my long travel 26in 2.4 tire enduro bike.

I might be slower than if I was a cross country bike, but I really don't care how fast I go uphill...not yet anyways (maybe once I'm in good shape again).

I've heard rumors that Hozo's will be able to fit 125mm tires. I don't know if it's true, but I'll let you know when I get my frame...I suspect not.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    For me it is "Will you ride snow covered trails?". The answer is yes. Last year taught me a true fat bike meant riding all winter. A few days taught me a 4 inch + tire makes all the difference in a good or bad way.

My wife and I share a greenzo vintage Honzo so always promote how much fun you can have with that type of geometry. We also wonder if Wozo is too extreme for dedicated winter riding. I'm sure it will be fine for groomed trails.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bitflogger View Post
    For me it is "Will you ride snow covered trails?". The answer is yes. Last year taught me a true fat bike meant riding all winter. A few days taught me a 4 inch + tire makes all the difference in a good or bad way.

My wife and I share a greenzo vintage Honzo so always promote how much fun you can have with that type of geometry. We also wonder if Wozo is too extreme for dedicated winter riding. I'm sure it will be fine for groomed trails.
    Same thoughts I had. I'm hoping I can fit a true 4.5-4.8 tire on the Wozo. I think it's doable, but just barely.

Was also wondering if the geo might be a little extreme for snow...I don't think so. I'll find out in a few months.