Drop bar 29+(ish)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Drop bar 29+(ish)

Is there a frame out there that can be run singlespeed, fits 29x2.6 tires, is spaced 142, and will comfortably fit drop bars?

The Fargo can do this with adapater plates to fit 142, but are there any others?

If anybody would want to trade for a large purple Krampus frame, I'd be interested.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkers View Post
    Is there a frame out there that can be run singlespeed, fits 29x2.6 tires, is spaced 142, and will comfortably fit drop bars?

The Fargo can do this with adapater plates to fit 142, but are there any others?

If anybody would want to trade for a large purple Krampus frame, I'd be interested.

Thanks!
    I own a Fargo and have ran it with and without the adapter plates and the bike rides really good. I have ran 29x2.6 and now running 700x55 with adapter plates, super versatile bike. It's a large, but I wouldn't trade the frame, I would sell the whole bike if you were interested. Otherwise I can't say enough good things about it.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Karate Monkey???

mtbr member
    Not sure how the Stack is on the new Monkey, but that might be a candidate, depending on your height. Another is the Kona Unit, or at least for me, Stack is very low, have to run 35mm of spacers under my stem on the XL, running it stock rigid, low rise bar and I'm 6'2". Bonus on either frame, they will both fit 29x3.0".
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

Live Free & Ride
    Check out this list and you will see a few bikes that venture over 2.4 tires....

https://bikepacking.com/index/drop-b...in-bikes-29er/

I would even consider some these that only list a max 2.25 tire, because that may only be the rear of the frame. The front end fork can be added to fit a larger 2.4 to 3.0 tire on some of these frames. Nice adventure bikes here!

The Moots Baxter would be my choice!

Check out the Bearclaw!
    Michigan-based Bearclaw Bicycle Co claims its Beaux Jaxon is ďthe first drop-bar bicycle in the history of drop-bar bikes to accept 27.5 x 3.0″ and 29 x 2.6″ tires while maintaining true all-road geometry.Ē They donít think of it as a mountain bike with drop-bars; instead, itís an all-road bike with mountain bike tires.
    NEMBA
    17 Stache 29+
    17 Moto Ti gravel
    14 GT Zaskar 100 9r
    15 Moto NT fat & 27.5+

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    The stack on both the Monkey and the Unit are lower than the Krampus, and the reach is about the same.

I guess swapping to a size smaller frame would possibly be an option too. I have a set of drops that I threw on my Krampus last night, and it felt too long with them (using a 40mm stem). If I sized down to a medium that'd buy me an inch of reach.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Stooge speedball apparently has geometry that works well with drop bars.

mtbr member

Thanks!
    PM me about the Krampus frame. Not interested in trading. Might be interested in buying if the $$ is right.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    The VO Cigne stem is a good candidate for converting a flat bar frame to drop bars.

The stack on both the Monkey and the Unit are lower than the Krampus, and the reach is about the same.

I guess swapping to a size smaller frame would possibly be an option too. I have a set of drops that I threw on my Krampus last night, and it felt too long with them (using a 40mm stem). If I sized down to a medium that'd buy me an inch of reach.
    http://www.bikingtoplay.blogspot.com/
    RIGID, not "ridged" or "ridgid"
    PEDAL, not "peddle." Unless you're selling stuff