Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Yutaak

  1. #1
    Livin' the Dream
    Reputation: Asbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    506

    Yutaak

    Not real sure where to post this, but the tribe always seems to have the most knowledgable/helpful people. I've been looking around for a new saddle and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this one. Selle Italia Yutaak. I can't seem to find much information on it and last I checked there are no reviews for it. It sounds good on paper though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DO RIGHT AND FEAR NO MAN

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GreenBonty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Asbury
    Not real sure where to post this, but the tribe always seems to have the most knowledgable/helpful people. I've been looking around for a new saddle and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this one. Selle Italia Yutaak. I can't seem to find much information on it and last I checked there are no reviews for it. It sounds good on paper though.
    Strange looking saddle. What's with that sharpe "wing" pointing down?

  3. #3
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,754
    I had seen that saddle..looks ok..but haven't "tried"it...

    I have recently switched to WTB laser saddles... quite comfy and decent weight for all that padding around 250g

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,188
    I think it looks cool too.
    2 wheels

  5. #5
    Livin' the Dream
    Reputation: Asbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBonty
    Strange looking saddle. What's with that sharpe "wing" pointing down?
    I don't know what's up with those either. They're made of Vibram and the rest is kevlar covered. They have 2 versions of it, the other is a gel saddle with a cutout down the middle. I think I am drawn to it just b/c of the coolness factor.
    DO RIGHT AND FEAR NO MAN

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,405
    Will the wings be in the way of going back and forth? Roadies don't do that back and forth thing and the wings may help them lean the bike or whatever with their thighs. I think it would get annoying and I'd have to crash just to clip those wings. Is this a roadie saddle? Just get a WTB Rocket or Pure.

    Wings are for maxi-pads, airplanes, and birds- oh and roadie saddles.

  7. #7
    Livin' the Dream
    Reputation: Asbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Will the wings be in the way of going back and forth? Roadies don't do that back and forth thing and the wings may help them lean the bike or whatever with their thighs. I think it would get annoying and I'd have to crash just to clip those wings. Is this a roadie saddle? Just get a WTB Rocket or Pure.

    Wings are for maxi-pads, airplanes, and birds- oh and roadie saddles.

    I gotta admit the wings for maxi pads has got me laughing!

    It isn't a roadie saddle though, it's designed for all mountain/freeride. Those wings that drop down don't actually stick out, they point straight down so you wouldn't feel any difference. This is what I pulled off their site:

    Selle Italia Yutaak Gelflow Saddle - 2007
    Yutaak has been designed in conjunction with Pro MTB riders. A new concept saddle offering safety and a new level of control for MTB and Freeride at all levels. Features Vibram rubber inserts with cushioning effect on the rear, non slip covering and strengthened side tabs:total control any any type of tough terrain.

    * Ti 316 rails
    * Size: 285 x 140mm
    * Weight: 280g
    DO RIGHT AND FEAR NO MAN

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,188
    The grippers on the side don't actually have functional appeal to me. However some people like to 'hold' the saddle with the thighs while desending.
    I'm more in favor of separating from the bike and letting it move beneath me.
    I still like the look of the saddle anyway.
    2 wheels

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,405
    I grip my saddle with my knees/ lower thighs on the way downhill so maybe the wings will help. Try the saddle and see how it works. As long as it doesn't numb your stuff, it will be fine

    I'll keep an open mind on this. I have a saddle problem myself. I have used the Rockets for a couple of years and like the shape. However, any more than 2-3 hours on them and my tailbone hurts quite a bit. Maybe I'll try the Pure next time but I'm staying away from wings. It's just more to rip on the first crash and then the whole thing will come apart.

    If you get it, let us know how it works.

  10. #10
    Tribe Member
    Reputation: yetirich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    661
    Have your local dealer order one up for you. QBP has them listed but they are out of stock right now.

    Part number is SA5275 for the Black Ti version.

    Retail looks to be around 150.00 bucks though. That is alot of money for a saddle that might not fit right.

    Good luck and keep us posted.

    Rich
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GreenBonty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    I grip my saddle with my knees/ lower thighs on the way downhill so maybe the wings will help. Try the saddle and see how it works. As long as it doesn't numb your stuff, it will be fine

    I'll keep an open mind on this. I have a saddle problem myself. I have used the Rockets for a couple of years and like the shape. However, any more than 2-3 hours on them and my tailbone hurts quite a bit. Maybe I'll try the Pure next time but I'm staying away from wings. It's just more to rip on the first crash and then the whole thing will come apart.

    If you get it, let us know how it works.
    Did you try Terry?. The "Fly Ti" is a great on and I personnaly like it better than my Rocket.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GreenBonty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Asbury
    I don't know what's up with those either. They're made of Vibram and the rest is kevlar covered. They have 2 versions of it, the other is a gel saddle with a cutout down the middle. I think I am drawn to it just b/c of the coolness factor.
    It looks like an Orca to me

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,405
    Not really- an old bike had a Terry Liberator and that thing has such soft foam that it was horribly uncomfortable and flexy-feeling. The Fly looks good and of much higher quality but I'll check it out at a shop. I prefer denser and firmer foam at the rear of the saddle, which it may have. Is it a bit wider at the back than the Rocket? Is there anything specific you like better about it or is it the general fit and feel for you?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GreenBonty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Not really- an old bike had a Terry Liberator and that thing has such soft foam that it was horribly uncomfortable and flexy-feeling. The Fly looks good and of much higher quality but I'll check it out at a shop. I prefer denser and firmer foam at the rear of the saddle, which it may have. Is it a bit wider at the back than the Rocket? Is there anything specific you like better about it or is it the general fit and feel for you?
    I think there is a major difference at the rear end. Terry Fly does not slide you forward like the Rocket and it's easier to get behind the saddle when needed (people rarely do it these days). Terry is smooth and has no seam where the Rocket has many pannels.
    It may be all nonsence but I like the Terry better and the weight is quite similar if I recall.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •