Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    In my mind, I can do it!

Good job! Yeti's Committment to Customer Service

I am so impressed with Yeti's committment to customer service. I wanted to put the word out for those who may be thinking about getting a Yeti or even those who have Yeti's but haven't yet experienced the committment to service you get with the guys at Yeti.

Most of you have probably read my thread about the brake noise on my 575. Well, apparently it was noticed by Chris at Yeti as well who contacted me and told me that they would be happy to fix that problem for me if I could send my bike back to them. For those who don't know who Chris is, he is the President of Yeti. Will at Fullcycles has also been 100% committed to helping me with this issue too. Chris said that Yeti stands behind their products 100% and I can tell you that through his actions and largely through Will as well, they do stand behind their products and their customers.

I can't say enough about the Yeti experience. I would be willing to bet that you would be hard pressed to find a company who's will personally contact the customer and offer to help based on a thread on this or any other forum.

WAY TO GO YETI..

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Now that is customer service!

Good to know on both accounts, Chris @ Yeti and Will @ Full Cycles, since I also bought my frame from Will

What is Yeti proposing to do? Check your rear triangle?

Maybe a carbon rear triangle would fix the problem? just kidding...

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Now that is customer service!

Good to know on both accounts, Chris @ Yeti and Will @ Full Cycles, since I also bought my frame from Will

What is Yeti proposing to do? Check your rear triangle?

Maybe a carbon rear triangle would fix the problem? just kidding...
    If that were the case it would have been in the mail yesterday..

He said that they would do "whatever" they had to to make it silent. There have been a couple of other cases I guess like this where the LBS's have been able to fix the issue and some rare cases where they haven't been able to fix it at the LBS but Yeti has been able to at the factory somehow. In either case, the moral of the story is that Yeti and it's dealer stood behind their product 100% to resolution.

I think I could live with it for a new carbon rear end though....

Luckily for me, I had heard it only on a couple occasions (as I told you on your other thread), because it could get expensive for me to ship it all the way to Full Cycles or Yeti (from Germany). I would like to "save" that kind of shipping only if I had to deal with a big problem (like a broken frame or something like that... knock on wood)

mtbr member

Yeti customer service

I agree Yeti customer service is awesome. I have always received prompt emails and help from Seth at Yeti. My most recent case was a crash replacement of an ASX swing arm. I also want to thank Kris at go-ride for helping me out on the ASX swing arm.

Who is John Galt?
    Here's hoping I don't need that stellar service! I did solve my noise problem with new brake pads, put them on last night and noticed there was a couple of chunks missing on the old pads. Only rode on the road to test so hopefully they won't scream when I hit the trail.

Just a thought, maybe the noise is your bike being really scared at the places you are taking it? Or could that be you making the noise?
    What, me hurry?

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac
    Here's hoping I don't need that stellar service! I did solve my noise problem with new brake pads, put them on last night and noticed there was a couple of chunks missing on the old pads. Only rode on the road to test so hopefully they won't scream when I hit the trail.

Just a thought, maybe the noise is your bike being really scared at the places you are taking it? Or could that be you making the noise?
    We both scream when we hit the pavement. The trail isn't near as scarry as that. Of course that could be because of these Dallas Drivers.....

Ami Schwein
    Luckily for me, I had heard it only on a couple occasions (as I told you on your other thread), because it could get expensive for me to ship it all the way to Full Cycles or Yeti (from Germany). I would like to "save" that kind of shipping only if I had to deal with a big problem (like a broken frame or something like that... knock on wood)

Kinda sucks not having a dealer in Germany that can help out with warranty issues eh?
    Wait until Spring Bandini

Quote Originally Posted by k-stein
    Kinda sucks not having a dealer in Germany that can help out with warranty issues eh?
    In a way.. though I have contacted the Germany dealer for other stuff and he seems pretty cool, besides I might go back home in a year or so... so I rather have the warranty by a US dealer... and get a better deal

Ami Schwein
    In a way.. though I have contacted the Germany dealer for other stuff and he seems pretty cool, besides I might go back home in a year or so... so I rather have the warranty by a US dealer... and get a better deal
    Yeah ive bought some derailleur hangers from em I while back, cool guys too bad they gave it up. Where are you in Germany crisillo?

Yeah ive bought some derailleur hangers from em I while back, cool guys too bad they gave it up. Where are you in Germany crisillo?
    I am located in Saarbrücken, Saarland.

I think the old dealer was Drössinger, but now Triple HHH is the current Yeti dealer as far as I know.

Where are you at?

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    Most of you have probably read my thread about the brake noise on my 575. Well, apparently it was noticed by Chris at Yeti as well who contacted me and told me that they would be happy to fix that problem for me if I could send my bike back to them. For those who don't know who Chris is, he is the President of Yeti.
    So the folks from Yeti read MTBR??

If so...

My name is Nick. I am a big fan of Yeti's. But I'm broke. That's why I LOVE getting prodeals. That is how I bought my 575 (I work parttime at REI). I was extremely when I found out this summer that we could no longer prodeal from Yeti.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us prodeal again!!!

Thank you,
    Nick
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

Ami Schwein
    im near Frankfurt. Saarbrücken is a cool city i remember lots of crazy colored lions and a nice night life. Triple HHH told me they gave it up about 3 weeks ago, but go figure. I bought my ASX from full cycles too. unfortunately looks like ill be carryin it back to the states with me on a plane in december for warranty issues unless, that is, i decide to bite the bullet and ship it. sorry fellas not tryin to thread jack.
    Last edited by k-stein; 11-22-2006 at 02:55 PM.

Ti is addictive
    Did Yeti say what they think is wrong with the brakes/noises?.....frame/tab alignment? brake issue?......I know it's great that they are standing behind their bikes, but it's weird that nobody can trouble shoot the problem(I met the guys from Full Cycles and all of them are pretty knowledgable and have thier Sh$t together).

Stupid question, but did the noises start the moment you got the bike?????

The reason why I ask is my Avid Ultimates make that noise...and most people I know have had a squeel issue with Avid (5 and 7's).

im near Frankfurt. Saarbrücken is a cool city i remember lots of crazy colored lions and a nice night life. Tripple HHH told me they gave it up about 3 weeks ago, but go figure. I bought my ASX from full cycles too. unfortunately looks like ill be carryin it back to the states with me on a plane in december for warranty issues unless, that is, i decide to bite the bullet and ship it. sorry fellas not tryin to thread jack.
    Cool, you are not that far...

Bummer about Triple HHH quitting... they carried the brand only for a year...

Warranty issues???? What happened to your bike??

We should go riding sometime, maybe Rodalben?

And yeah.. sorry for the thread hijack....

Ami Schwein
    Cool, you are not that far...

Bummer about Triple HHH quitting... they carried the brand only for a year...

Warranty issues???? What happened to your bike??

We should go riding sometime, maybe Rodalben?

And yeah.. sorry for the thread hijack....

I bought it less than a year ago and had some issues with the clear coat. Contacted Seth though and theyre going to take care of it. I dont know about triple HHH though Seth sounded like it was news to him too. Ive never been to Rodalbahn, I think ive heard of it before though, is it in Rheinland Pfalz?. Mostly just hit the backyard trails or the many bikeparks germany has to offer.

I bought it less than a year ago and had some issues with the clear coat. Contacted Seth though and theyre going to take care of it. I dont know about triple HHH though Seth sounded like it was news to him too. Ive never been to Rodalbahn, I think ive heard of it before though, is it in Rheinland Pfalz?. Mostly just hit the backyard trails or the many bikeparks germany has to offer.
    Glad that Yeti will take care of you.

Rodalben is in Rheinland Pfalz. Check this thread for more info Rodalben Germany

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Yeti Customer Service

Good to know. I rode an AS-R at my LBS last weekend. It was the best bike I have ever ridden, and I have owned several high-end mountain bikes, including a Titus Moto-Lite, Trek Carbon Fule 98 and a Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper. I may go this weekend and buy it (am still deciding between the 575 and AS-R, but am leaning toward the AS-R, as it suits my riding style, local trails and abilities best; the shop is building up a 575 for me to test ride -- I can't wait to try it too). I am so stoked about becoming a member of the Tribe. Yeti builds great bikes! Whichever bike I choose, I know it will be a blast to ride from a great company that offers great customer service. Thanks, Yeti!

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Did Yeti say what they think is wrong with the brakes/noises?.....frame/tab alignment? brake issue?......I know it's great that they are standing behind their bikes, but it's weird that nobody can trouble shoot the problem(I met the guys from Full Cycles and all of them are pretty knowledgable and have thier Sh$t together).

Stupid question, but did the noises start the moment you got the bike?????

The reason why I ask is my Avid Ultimates make that noise...and most people I know have had a squeel issue with Avid (5 and 7's).
    I have had the noises probably from day one. I searched the forums and found the turkey call issue and tried to resolve it that way and have been working with fullcycles the whole time. They are very knowledgeable and helpful but keep in mind that until I recorded it and sent that sound to Will, he hadn't heard the noise and was only going by what I had told him. Count in sending rotors and pads and me being a weekend warrior... It takes time.

Yeti did say that they have seen where it was necessary to repress the pivot bearings to correct this issue. They aren't quite sure what causes it but they have seen this as a fix in rare instances.

Check my other thread in this forum to get a better grasp of what all I have done to try to correct this issue.

mtbr member
    This is very impressive indeed. Yeti knows what to do in order to build a loyal customer base. Most bike manufacturers will not even talk to you directly anymore. I have not heard one negative story about Yeti CS. There are other great bikes, most of which I wold not buy because of BS customer service. Many will never deal with you directly- what a crock! Keep your overpriced bikes. Great job Yeti!!!

Bomber
    we gotta work on changing your handle mr. trekboy......on another note, maybe they are gonna face the brake tabs/align?

In my mind, I can do it!

Update on Brake Noise

So far after changing the rear 8" rotor to a 6" rotor I have been unable to recreate the noise. Which is very nice.... Up to now I have been able to recreate that noise no matter what I changed or what was different short of wiping WD-40 on the rotor. So hopefully this issue is resolved with the smaller rotor. Time will tell.

Now that the rear brake isn't driving me nuts I can hear all the other squeaks going on... So my next effort will be to figure out whats making all the other squeaking noises...

Hi!!!
    You live in TX right? Could be that your pivots are dry.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    You live in TX right? Could be that your pivots are dry.
    The pivots are sealed bearings right? Other than cleaning and tightening I don't think anything else has to be done to them.

Rather, I think I have caused my own problem with the squeaking issue. I have been using a citrus degreaser to clean the bike with which works really well I might add but I'm thinking maybe it works too well. I think some of the greased areas like the hubs for instance may have gotten this stuff in there and it's breaking down the grease. The sound seems to come from the front hub or possibly the cranks. The derailleur roller cogs are definately making some noise too.

Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    The pivots are sealed bearings right? Other than cleaning and tightening I don't think anything else has to be done to them.

Rather, I think I have caused my own problem with the squeaking issue. I have been using a citrus degreaser to clean the bike with which works really well I might add but I'm thinking maybe it works too well. I think some of the greased areas like the hubs for instance may have gotten this stuff in there and it's breaking down the grease. The sound seems to come from the front hub or possibly the cranks. The derailleur roller cogs are definately making some noise too.
    Yeah, but the sealed bearings are not "unopenable", if there is such a word. You can pop off the dust cover (black, blue or red rubber thing on the side of the bearing) and repack them with grease.

You can also repack the external BB bearings and hubs.... so get working

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast