mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Yeti AS-X sizing

I'm considering a move away from Santa Cruz and am looking at the Yeti AS-X. I'm currently riding a med Heckler which appears to be right in the middle size wise between a small and med AS-X. Can you tell me what expereince you have with sizing on these 2 bikes, I'm about 5' 8" so not too sure if a small or medium would be best for me. U
    Unfortunately it is unlikely I'll get a chance to ride both bikes so all the input I can get will be appreciated!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I am awaiting my new asx as I write this. I talked to adrenaline bikes about the sizing. They told me for trail use (all around riding) up down and everything in between to go for the large. I stand 5'11-6ft. You on the other hand would be the medium I believe depending on your riding style. I would call yeti or even adranaline and talk to them.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AC505
    I'm considering a move away from Santa Cruz and am looking at the Yeti AS-X. I'm about 5' 8" so not too sure if a small or medium would be best for me.
    Medium.

I am Doctor Remulak
    I'm 5'7" and ended up buying a medium after having the opportunity to ride both a small and medium at a Yeti demo here in AZ. The small felt a little to cramped to me.

mtbr member

medium

I'm 5' 10", weigh 165 and ride a medium. Fits like a glove.

mtbr member
    I'm 6'2" and ride Medium, it's very nimble, easy to play with in the air, etc. As it's my only bike I use it for everything from 'xc' to DH and it's ok! top tube could be longer for some really long, steep up-hills but going up is still doable! So if I were you i'd go for M, unless you're planning to go downhill only than S could be fine too...
    Passion beyond reason!

Phil from San Diego
    I'm 5'11" 190lbs with 31" inseam. I ride a medium. Perfect fit.

Phil.