Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    85

    Yeti Warranty Experience

    I bought my 05 575 used from the original owner and had it about 6 months before discovering a crack in the frame. This was double scary since the 5 year frame warranty is only to the original owner and I had bought this bike as an "investment", that is how we justify it to our wives, right. Anyway I sure didn't have the extra money for another frame and not only that but the crack was in the weld bead right above the bottom bracket, which is not where a frame is supposed to crack,if it was supposed to. I called Yeti and ended up talking with Chris and also Seth, who heads up the warranty department and got a RA # to send it back in for them to inspect. Seth called me back with the news that this was a manufactors defect and they sent me out another frame. This was and is sweet news, cause as you know even a used frame isn't cheap. I still have my Yeti stickers on my truck and love and appreciate my Yeti even more after this experience. I bought this bike after some considerable research and one of the reasons was because of its reputation for its quality. Even tho I wasn't the original owner, the guys at Yeti stood behind it further adding to their reputation as a quality company. Yeti Rocks and you can experience a problem with anything man made, what matters most is how the problem is resolved when one does occur. They passed this test with flying colors!!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,416
    The Yeti boys always stand behind their bikes. Very cool and thanks for posting this.

  3. #3
    EDR
    Reputation: eatdrinkride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfast
    Yeti Rocks and you can experience a problem with anything man made, what matters most is how the problem is resolved when one does occur.
    Amen brother...couldn't have said it better myself.

    And it wasn't even your bike, in legal/contract/lawyer terms anyhow. Good to hear! I'm stoked for you. Brand new frame! This bike is REALLY yours now!

  4. #4
    In my mind, I can do it!
    Reputation: iviguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfast
    I bought my 05 575 used from the original owner and had it about 6 months before discovering a crack in the frame. This was double scary since the 5 year frame warranty is only to the original owner and I had bought this bike as an "investment", that is how we justify it to our wives, right. Anyway I sure didn't have the extra money for another frame and not only that but the crack was in the weld bead right above the bottom bracket, which is not where a frame is supposed to crack,if it was supposed to. I called Yeti and ended up talking with Chris and also Seth, who heads up the warranty department and got a RA # to send it back in for them to inspect. Seth called me back with the news that this was a manufactors defect and they sent me out another frame. This was and is sweet news, cause as you know even a used frame isn't cheap. I still have my Yeti stickers on my truck and love and appreciate my Yeti even more after this experience. I bought this bike after some considerable research and one of the reasons was because of its reputation for its quality. Even tho I wasn't the original owner, the guys at Yeti stood behind it further adding to their reputation as a quality company. Yeti Rocks and you can experience a problem with anything man made, what matters most is how the problem is resolved when one does occur. They passed this test with flying colors!!
    I am so sorry about this but when I agreed to replace that frame I thought you were the original owner. I am afraid you are going to have to send that frame back to me but I have a different address that is in, uh, Texas instead of Colorado. So please send that frame directly back to me and all will be fine.

    Now that I gotcha going... Congrats...

  5. #5
    I'm a unitard!
    Reputation: mtbfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,524
    Yep, quality company we got our bikes from. All those guys are definitely about the ride and the rider.

  6. #6
    Who is John Galt?
    Reputation: Big Jim Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,704

    Let's see how Fox does

    Well, I get to test out Fox's warranty work. Had a really bad ride last night, bike seemed to be wandering all over the place, was thinking I really suck on this FS and need some lessons. Even though about going over to teh singlespeed side I was so frustrated. At one point I bailed on the trail and took the bike back to put some more air in the shock. I noticed that when I stopped pumping the pressure started going down on the gauge. Pretty much convinced myself it was the pum leaking. Today I took it to the LBS to have them check it out and it did the same thing with their pump. Slow leak down to almost nothing. I left it with them to deal with Fox. Anyone test their warranty work yet? This thing is less than a month old...

    Too bad as the boss was gone and I was gonna go riding!
    What, me hurry?

  7. #7
    EDR
    Reputation: eatdrinkride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac
    Anyone test their warranty work yet? This thing is less than a month old...
    I haven't but have heard they stand behind issues like this with no problem. I hope this is the case for you...the only down side is the wait while it gets shipped back for repair/replacement...

    What, you can't ride with 100% sag? What's you're problem?.......haha

  8. #8
    Young, Shawn Young
    Reputation: Redmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac
    Well, I get to test out Fox's warranty work. Had a really bad ride last night, bike seemed to be wandering all over the place, was thinking I really suck on this FS and need some lessons. Even though about going over to teh singlespeed side I was so frustrated. At one point I bailed on the trail and took the bike back to put some more air in the shock. I noticed that when I stopped pumping the pressure started going down on the gauge. Pretty much convinced myself it was the pum leaking. Today I took it to the LBS to have them check it out and it did the same thing with their pump. Slow leak down to almost nothing. I left it with them to deal with Fox. Anyone test their warranty work yet? This thing is less than a month old...

    Too bad as the boss was gone and I was gonna go riding!
    I sent my rp3 back to fox a few months after I bought my Yeti. It was doing the same exact thing. Had my fixed shock back in a matter of 10 LONG days. No problem with the warranty.

    S
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

    Dont make me be the bad guy...

    Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

  9. #9
    Who is John Galt?
    Reputation: Big Jim Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmon
    I sent my rp3 back to fox a few months after I bought my Yeti. It was doing the same exact thing. Had my fixed shock back in a matter of 10 LONG days. No problem with the warranty.

    S
    Wonder what causes this? When mine died I was playing with the sag, added another 10 psi or so to put me at 190. But I had a feeling the shock was never right, it almost always went through all of its travel on the gnarly stuff.

    About that 100 percent sag, my wife wouldn't be very happy with that I don't think.

    What am I going to do for 10 days?
    What, me hurry?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GreenBonty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac
    Wonder what causes this? When mine died I was playing with the sag, added another 10 psi or so to put me at 190. But I had a feeling the shock was never right, it almost always went through all of its travel on the gnarly stuff.

    About that 100 percent sag, my wife wouldn't be very happy with that I don't think.

    What am I going to do for 10 days?
    When I first got my bike, TALAS did not keep air eigther. LBS put a new TALAS to replace the original and sent me back home with the bike after 30min.
    I paid much more than you guys for my bike, but I have an LBS to talk to. In the last 7 weeks they replaced my fork, FSA carbon handle bar and will replace my tires next Monday. All is free of charge of course.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •