Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yeti Softgoods?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Yeti Softgoods?

Bit of a weird question, but I've noticed that everywhere else but the US seems to have the new Yeti softgoods? The stuff that's on the Yeti website seems out of date...does anybody know when/if it's getting updated any time soon? John P?

mtbr member
    Where are you finding the new Yeti stuff in the US? I've seen some of it on Yetifan but that's UK based.
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Yetifan i would't mind some of the gear such as the hoody for the wife! Womens Keota Hoody | Yetifan

and the OS yetiman in black

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Yeti Softgoods?

Can you buy their clothes, ect. anywhere in the Denver area? I'll be there in a few weeks and that would be easier than ordering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    You can try going by the factory in Golden perhaps, thats a good try? Call them up and see what John may have to say

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    been to Yeti and they do not sell from the office. They refer you to the retail site..

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Well that's a bit sad. While I appreciate the effort that Andrew goes to with Yetifan, it's considerably more expensive than the US pricing. Weird that Yeti leave the US crew last?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Yeti Softgoods?

Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    been to Yeti and they do not sell from the office. They refer you to the retail site..
    What retail site?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    He is probably talking of Yetis online shop e-Business
    Last edited by drbelleville; 03-04-2013 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Misspelling

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Hey guys-

Most of the new line is scheduled to land this week or next. We'll be adding pieces to the online store as we have time, but unfortunately, our softgoods manager blew up her ACL recently and has been out of commission, so things may move slowly.

Regarding direct sales, we don't have that capability at our main office - we have no cash register, staff, or ability to do retail sales there (we're much too small to have a 'factory store'). As is the case with everything we make, your best bet is always working through your local Yeti dealer and requesting that they get some gear in stock for you. To my knowledge, we have no minimum orders on soft goods for domestic dealers, so they can just bring in the pieces you specifically request.

Cheers,

John P.
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I would love some Large 2012 shirts that are out of stock
    Looks like i'll have to buy some Raceface jersey shirts
    oh and a Yeti beanie.

Member of The Yeti Tribe

Re: Yeti Softgoods?

Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Hey guys-

Most of the new line is scheduled to land this week or next. We'll be adding pieces to the online store as we have time, but unfortunately, our softgoods manager blew up her ACL recently and has been out of commission, so things may move slowly.

Regarding direct sales, we don't have that capability at our main office - we have no cash register, staff, or ability to do retail sales there (we're much too small to have a 'factory store'). As is the case with everything we make, your best bet is always working through your local Yeti dealer and requesting that they get some gear in stock for you. To my knowledge, we have no minimum orders on soft goods for domestic dealers, so they can just bring in the pieces you specifically request.

Cheers,

John P.
    You guys didn't have a minimum when I got my tech hoodie a year ago. I had to pay shipping but I was the only one that got anything.

I am sad to sad that I put a hole in the chest of it a few months ago, other then that it has been one of the best hoodies I have ever owned. Love the vents and it's a perfect weight and looks *****in'

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Stop this Derailleur Madness!!.... De-Rail-er

See what the God of bikes has to say about it..

mtbr member
    As is the case with everything we make, your best bet is always working through your local Yeti dealer and requesting that they get some gear in stock for you. To my knowledge, we have no minimum orders on soft goods for domestic dealers, so they can just bring in the pieces you specifically request.

Cheers,

John P.
    John, I am curious do the dealers usually place their orders prior or after the new clothing line is available to the public?

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    This is the first year we've done a proper soft goods line that is original to Yeti. Many of our international distributors (my customers) put in their orders early, but I think domestically, only our biggest dealers took the opportunity to do so. I think Backcountry will have our stuff available for purchase online, but I don't know a full list of shops that pre-ordered.

FYI, there was a slight delay with customs clearance on the soft goods shipment, so an updated ETA for them to arrive in Golden is later this week.

JP

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Re: Yeti Softgoods?

Awesome, love having you hear to answer these sorts of things.

Do you know a Rich Arvizo?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post

Do you know a Rich Arvizo?
    That name does not sound familiar to me.

mtbr member
    This is the first year we've done a proper soft goods line that is original to Yeti.
    JP
    John what are the chances of seeing a refresh / reload of old designs. The old Block style Yeti logo, the Yetiman from in his various forms through the years and ever the Ice-Axe? Even a Shirt that states Yeti since 1985 (I know there is the 85 Logo T-shirt) but something bolder perhaps?

I know I may be in the minority, But I think some of the old designs seemed to identify more with Yeti, than these newer modern ones.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drbelleville View Post
    John what are the chances of seeing a refresh / reload of old designs. The old Block style Yeti logo, the Yetiman from in his various forms through the years and ever the Ice-Axe? Even a Shirt that states Yeti since 1985 (I know there is the 85 Logo T-shirt) but something bolder perhaps?

I know I may be in the minority, But I think some of the old designs seemed to identify more with Yeti, than these newer modern ones.
    You are DEFINITELY not in the minority. Yeti has built a strong brand. I recently bought my first Yeti based on 25 years of knowing the Yeti brand -- before I decided on what bike to buy. The icons of the brand are what makes it so strong. Turquoise. Yetiman. The ice axe.

Yeti would be foolish not to capitalize on years of effective branding by not offering some of the logos that got them where they are today. They even have a tribe of people HAPPY to pay their apparel margins to show off their brand.

More Yetiman. More ice axe. More turquoise.
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    like the new stuff better, so it's a toss up. I need to buy some shorts & a beanie!

mtbr member
    Recently got the smuggler hoody and love it!

Oni
    Master Of Fooliganism
    YES! What he said. I was looking at the selection and totally wanted a jersey with the Yeti and/or ice axe on it.

So much so, I'd be willing to order despite the 'you live in Hawaii so bend over and pay s&h out the okole'. And I'll over look the fact that the drop down doesn't have 'Hawaii' listed as one of the states.

Oni
    Last edited by Oni; 04-10-2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: forgot to add

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinGT View Post
    You are DEFINITELY not in the minority. Yeti has built a strong brand. I recently bought my first Yeti based on 25 years of knowing the Yeti brand -- before I decided on what bike to buy. The icons of the brand are what makes it so strong. Turquoise. Yetiman. The ice axe.

Yeti would be foolish not to capitalize on years of effective branding by not offering some of the logos that got them where they are today. They even have a tribe of people HAPPY to pay their apparel margins to show off their brand.

More Yetiman. More ice axe. More turquoise.
    Thanks for the advice. For what it's worth, nearly every single piece of clothing we sell has at least one of those features on it. I'll pass along your suggestions to the design team though.

JP

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    P.S. As promised, I passed your recommendations on to the powers that be. Their response was, "Agreed. We discussed this last week. Vintage stuff is in the pipeline."

FYI,

JP

mtbr member
    P.S. As promised, I passed your recommendations on to the powers that be. Their response was, "Agreed. We discussed this last week. Vintage stuff is in the pipeline."

FYI,

JP
    Thanks, I think it would be great. I know some of us "older" riders will be glad to have some more selections to go with our treasured older Yeti Threads.

Oni
    Master Of Fooliganism
    Good to hear!

Oni

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast