mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Yeti SB95 Fox Float 34

I finally got my arm and shoulder working well enough to start dialing my fork in to suit my needs and shot some video so others can see .

Fox 34 Travel mod from kelstr on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    Thanks for taking the time to make and share that video. Nice shop to btw.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    The for the video.

Makes me want to do that mod to my fork too.

Have to see if I can get that air assembly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch29 View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to make and share that video. Nice shop to btw.
    Thanks for the kind words Sasquatch29

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    The for the video.

Makes me want to do that mod to my fork too.

Have to see if I can get that air assembly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I gota say that updated air spring side really has a huge amount of "negative pressure" built into it compared to the old standard air side,
    It really makes the fork very smooth and plush , Its way nicer on my screwed up wrist, arm and shoulder .

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Be interested to see if the extra travel lightens the front end on steep climbs.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by YogiKudo View Post
    Be interested to see if the extra travel lightens the front end on steep climbs.
    I've ridden mine a ton at 140mm (as in, 98% of the miles on the bike) and never really had an issue, I'd think 10mm more wouldn't make *that* much of a difference there, at least one that could not be dealt with. I'm currently playing with my fork at 130mm, since the last oil change, just to see how it runs. It's very likely at the next oil change that I'll pop it back to 140.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Be nice to have the extra squish on those drops/jumps that you don't pull off 100%. I've got the 95C XO1 on the way. J

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I got a good 37 mile ride tuesday and I got a killer 44 mile ride in today on the SB, every time I ride this bike It just puts a smile on my face , getting the fork serviced really put the icing on the cake for me , + getting the front in higher was the last little bit I needed to get the chassis fit perfect for me , this bike is a huge "GAME CHANGER" for 29er bikes ( the thing really does not know its a 29er ) the thing just rips up any kind of rock gardens and it flicks in and out of turns better than any bike I have ridden .

The slight travel addition did not change its climbing at all ( I am really tall and long so I guess thats no surprise ) .

The SB just works !

mtbr member
    How did you get the new air spring assy and the bumper/negative sleeves? Is fox selling those parts to the general public? I've always avoided Fox because you have to be a dealer to get parts. That's a big show stopper since I do all of my own service/tuning.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm520 View Post
    How did you get the new air spring assy and the bumper/negative sleeves? Is fox selling those parts to the general public? I've always avoided Fox because you have to be a dealer to get parts. That's a big show stopper since I do all of my own service/tuning.
    Fox as well as all the others Bicycle suspension manufactures sell any of the parts you could want for forks , You can even find part numbers right on their site , and or you can call in and get a lot of info on components for forks from their order desk.

The real problem with fox and some of the others comes when you need to repair a shock ( you can get an air sleeve kit but thats it) so me being a shop I have to source all my own seals and "O" rings and make many of the parts it takes to actually rebuild a rear shock .
    Not to mention if you want floating piston height, the correct nitrogen pressures or valving specs ........good luck with that ....

The moto and automotive industry are so easy to get anything you want for any component.

But bicycle suspension manufactures can be really difficult to get some of the stuff .

mtbr member
    Ah, thanks. Didn't realize you could get parts for forks. Hadn't tried that yet, but got shot down on shock parts.

mtbr member
    Awesome video, thanks for posting!

oot & aboot in Colorado
    Aug 2010
    thanks for the video Kelster!!

I finally got a chance to sit down and watch it.
    Question for you - my bike was in the very first batch that arrived - I saw you mentioned 2014 and 2013 .. but I was unclear exactly what was different?

Do my fork internals match the ones you were working with?

cheers,
    Ed

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Geek View Post
    thanks for the video Kelster!!

I finally got a chance to sit down and watch it.
    Question for you - my bike was in the very first batch that arrived - I saw you mentioned 2014 and 2013 .. but I was unclear exactly what was different?

Do my fork internals match the ones you were working with?

cheers,
    Ed
    The Fox 34 from Yeti will have the older air piston with the plastic snap on spacers that can be removed and make the fork 140 or added to make the fork 120 or anything in-between and even shorter that 120 if you like.

It is the first air spring I showed in the video and snapped the spacer off and on , thats the one you and I have stock in our 34s from Yeti.

The second air spring I was showing is the normal 2013 and 2014 air spring that Fox uses in all "non special built for manufacture" 34s.

The reason Fox had to run the older air spring in the special build for Yeti 34 was that Fox does not run the new air spring down to 120 travel, and Yeti wanted our bikes to be at 120 ..............so thats why I showed two air springs , I was going to extend my travel to 140 150 range so I used the normal updated air spring side .

So your internals are all there