mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Yeti SB66C Build

So I've bought myself a Yeti SB66C frame and am in the middle of building it up. I've bought the full SRAM X01 drivetrain, but my local bike shop is saying that the X01 crankset isn't compatible at all with the SB66 frame??!

Is this true? Do I need to use another crankset? And if this is indeed the case, will the X01 front chain ring that I've bought fit on this other crankset?

If the shop's just spinning yarns, which bottom bracket do I need to use in order for my X01 crankset to work?

Many thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Oppsies first post I see. Building a bike frame with flaming torch or tig welding from a pile of raw tubes is not the same as building up a pre-bought frame with parts.
    Look over some of the posts on this thread and get the hang of it.
    Moderator please repost to appropriate thread.
    cheers
    andy walker

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    If you bought the X01 crankset with the GXP spindle, you'll just need this bottom bracket:
    Truvativ GXP Team bearing cups, 68/73mm - L/R set Retail $40.00

If you bought the X01 crankset with the BB30 spindle that is for use only in frames with a BB30 or PF30 bottom bracket, then you're probably out of luck. Return it, and get the GXP version of the crankset.

XO1 cranks are absolutely compatible with the SB66C, after all that's one of the stock build options. They just won't be compatible if you buy the wrong version. Hope that helped.
    "Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion."-Jack Kerouac

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DLd View Post
    If you bought the X01 crankset with the GXP spindle, you'll just need this bottom bracket:
    Truvativ GXP Team bearing cups, 68/73mm - L/R set Retail $40.00

If you bought the X01 crankset with the BB30 spindle that is for use only in frames with a BB30 or PF30 bottom bracket, then you're probably out of luck. Return it, and get the GXP version of the crankset.

XO1 cranks are absolutely compatible with the SB66C, after all that's one of the stock build options. They just won't be compatible if you buy the wrong version. Hope that helped.
    This plus get the 168mm q-factor version.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Got my Build started!!

I got my new SB66c frame last week and this week I fin alt got time to start the build. At the point I am missing the drivetrain install, routing all cables and break lines and re-instal the rear tire in the correct direct (minor oversight) I will take bester photos when it's down, but here are a few of where it stands today.

Yeti SB66C Build-photo-7.jpgYeti SB66C Build-photo-6.jpgYeti SB66C Build-photo-4.jpgYeti SB66C Build-photo-2.jpg

mtbr member
    sweet ride, are those mavic wheels?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelchef67 View Post
    sweet ride, are those mavic wheels?

Yep, Mavic Crossmax ST.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I also just picked up a new SB-66c. Still sitting in the box, patiently waiting for parts.

Question: I'm considering sending in the Fox Float CTD rear shock into Push Industries before its first ride. How have folks experience been on the stock CTD with this bike? The shock will be paired with a new pike. I'm not really in a hurry to get it built up, I just want it to be dialed once I do. Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 187 View Post
    I also just picked up a new SB-66c. Still sitting in the box, patiently waiting for parts.

Question: I'm considering sending in the Fox Float CTD rear shock into Push Industries before its first ride. How have folks experience been on the stock CTD with this bike? The shock will be paired with a new pike. I'm not really in a hurry to get it built up, I just want it to be dialed once I do. Thoughts?
    My experience with my pushed rp23 is it's well worth it...

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 187 View Post

I would ride the CTD stock first, find out what you want different then look to tune it. I think the CTD is awesome and easy to add spacers to in order to ramp up the curve at the end. The SB has a nice linear feel and really opens up on big hits well, you will use all of your travel but if you don't notice bottom out then you are getting the most out of your suspension. I have a Float X now and it really opens up the bike.