Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Yeti SB 75

vto
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Yeti SB 75

I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet. It's real and it's here.
    Check out pink bike

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    They lost my interest at 130mm travel and no carbon option to start. The yellow looks nice though.

LCW
    mtbr member
    Boom...

http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/featu...79/bturman,109

I must say was hoping 6" travel...
    2011 Yeti 575 - Fox Float 36 RC2 160 - 31.5 lbs

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    This is what I've been waiting for but will wait longer for C version.

One Cog Short

Yeti SB 75

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Fingers View Post
    This is what I've been waiting for but will wait longer for C version.
    Will definitely wait for demo and carbon... But definitely looks promising.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    The best part about these announcements to me is that when (not if) I need a replacement rear triangle for my 95a I'll be able to get a carbon one with better tire clearance.

I am marginally bemused why they made the 75 have the same travel as the 95, unless it's like "the '75 is for smaller riders than fit the '95" kind of thing ... like their take with the new ARC.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    The best part about these announcements to me is that when (not if) I need a replacement rear triangle for my 95a I'll be able to get a carbon one with better tire clearance.
    I really liked that too, except for the fact that I just crash-replaced my rear triangle 6 weeks ago. :-/
    That creep can roll, man.

650b me
    I guess I'm weird, because I don't care that the frame is not carbon and I'm stoked about a 130mm travel 27.5 bike. I think this combination will make for some of the best all-around trail bikes. This could be my next frame.

Awesomist™
    I'm personally on board with the slightly shorter travel/bigger wheels combo vs. my current SB-66c, I'm very interested to see how this thing rides. I don't know that it'll be my next bike, but it could be. And having owned an AS-R, two different generations of 575, an AS-R 5, and now the 66c I'm not super picky about the amount of travel my trailbike has... pretty much anything from 130-160mm is gonna work just fine for me so long as I can work with the geometry and fit. And I dig how Yeti builds bikes: long, low, and slack. In my world, it goes like this:

Geometry > Suspension Travel > Wheel Size

I'd love to take the alloy for a spin, but if I decide to pull the trigger I'd wait for the carbon version as well. My girlfriend is wicked stoked on the SB-75, and hoping it comes in a small enough size to fit her. Currently she rides an XS AS-R5c and is basically sold on carbon. Her last bike was a 5 alloy, but she loves the carbon version so much more. She actually just sent this to me via email:

Yea, tube socks and superglue is pretty much a mandatory in my bikes now me thinks.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    I had the chance to demo a different company's 650b bike last week. Super flowy, highly stable at speed ripping down Sandy Ridge trails east of Portland. My friend and I had the same bike, his was only large while I rode the medium.
    Something we agreed on was that the head angle needed to be steeper than 68, and that the chainstays were too long. Also, the gear ratio was off for steep hill climbing - larger bikes are heavier and need the proper climbing gear.
    So - I noted something looking at the sb75 yesterday. Without riding it I don't want to jump to conclusions but those chainstays look mighty long. Is that a necessary part of the design? Not an engineer, but the stays on the sb66 are much shorter?
    Hope the demo fleet will include one soon...

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I wouldn't want to ride a bike with head tube angle steeper than 68. At 68 it may as well be a hard tail.

I'm guessing the chainstays on the 75 are less than 18 inches.

mtbr member
    Anyone seen the full geometry specs yet?
    You gotta Get Up to Get Down!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Since the SB95's are 17.5, I would think they would be under 17.5.

mtbr member
    You gotta Get Up to Get Down!

EDR

Re: Yeti SB 75

7 .5 pound 5 inch trail bike?

I have no problem with 130 millimeters of travel. Its funny how all of the sudden everyone thinks a 5-inch trail bike is passé. I'd like to see the bike a little lighter at that travel range however. My first 575 way back in 2005 was only a six pound frame. That was all aluminum and nearly 6 inches of travel. Anyway just thinking out loud. Looks like one sweet ass bike though.

The knolly warden is a 150 millimeter 650 B bike with a claimed weight of six and three quarter pounds with shock... for reference

I guess the lighter version will come in carbon fiber soon enough. I just love the looks of the aluminum SB frames personally. They are so much sharper looking than the carbon fiber frames...imo

Chairman of the Beard
    Regarding the 5" vs 6" argument - I'm pretty sure it's the SB-75 and not the SB-76 because that's what Jared Graves wants to race Enduro on.

Weight seems excessive, but I'm sure it's stiff as hell and plenty of these will still be shredding gnar 20 years from now. Carbon almost certainly worth the wait/weight.
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.

mtbr member
    My 95 doesn't ride like it's weight so I expect the same from from the 75. Can't wait to demo one.

Needs to come in Turq
    Not on the rug...man!

LCW
    mtbr member
    The weight doesn't bother me. My 575 is built up burly and what's how I like it as I can use it for trail riding and some gravity riding.

But the 130mm travel really bugs me. I'd want 150-160. As it stands, the SB75 is merely an equivalent to the SC Solo, and I was hoping for a Bronson competitor/slayer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    why do Yeti need a new 150-160mm travel bike when they have a great one already?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dopler View Post
    My 95 doesn't ride like it's weight so I expect the same from from the 75.
    Completely agree. To add...I've also found my 95 to be a very playful/fun bike and would expect the same with the 75.

Quote Originally Posted by 2dopler View Post
    Needs to come in Turq
    I think one article stated it would come in Y turq.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LCW View Post
    The weight doesn't bother me. My 575 is built up burly and what's how I like it as I can use it for trail riding and some gravity riding.

But the 130mm travel really bugs me. I'd want 150-160. As it stands, the SB75 is merely an equivalent to the SC Solo, and I was hoping for a Bronson competitor/slayer.
    The SB75 is slacker than the 26"575 and the switch suspension is more efficient, so much so that you won't notice the 3/4 inch less travel. It will actually feel like more travel than you're used to with the 575. The geometry and stiffness of the SB75 makes it a better descender as well.

Yeti isn't just going to warm over the SB66 for 27.5. I would count on seeing a new 6 inch 27.5 at Sea Otter, which is where Yeti has recently unveiled new models.

EDR

Re: Yeti SB 75

The weight doesn't bother me. My 575 is built up burly and what's how I like it as .
    Me too. With a lyrik coil fork, heavy dropper post, and +900 gram tires or so my 575 easily weighs over 30 pounds. If I had to guess I would say 31 pounds. If I built a lesser travel sb75 up to the same spec its going to weigh a pound or two more. That's where the problem lies....for me. Not an absolute deal killer it's just that if I was buying right this second, I really find knolly Warden to be more appealing to me. Its three quarters of a pound lighter and it's one hundred fifty millimeters of travel.

LCW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smellurfingers View Post
    The SB75 is slacker than the 26"575 and the switch suspension is more efficient, so much so that you won't notice the 3/4 inch less travel. It will actually feel like more travel than you're used to with the 575. The geometry and stiffness of the SB75 makes it a better descender as well.

Yeti isn't just going to warm over the SB66 for 27.5. I would count on seeing a new 6 inch 27.5 at Sea Otter, which is where Yeti has recently unveiled new models.

Not quite. With a 160mm 36 Fox up front (and 2.5 Minion in front and 2.35 HR in rear), my 575 is slacked out to 66 deg (actually measured 65.9). I've got more travel both front and rear (160/146), vs an SB75. And even with a 150 fork, the SB75 will have more mismatched travel (150/130) than what I ride now. SB's might be a bit more efficient pedalers, but that doesn't bother me, and while SB's feel "livelier" they don't feel any plusher than the 575, if not less so. I'm happy with what I have, but as anyone else, I'm always open and eager for the next best thing. No doubt, 27.5 rolling ability over rocky techy terrain would be nice, as I like that riding that type of terrain.

The 27.5 575 is interesting, but not enough of a change besides wheel size as to what I have today. Now if it was a 160mm rear travel 27.5 575 (at which point, it would be 630 ), I'd be more keen to entertain that. But as it stands, I'll be impatiently waiting to see where Yeti goes with 27.5.

We'll see what Sea Otter brings, but I won't be holding my breath. I'll just keep ripping on my 575 and wait it out to see what Yeti brings to the longer travel 27.5 table.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I feel this is yeti's quick answer to the 650b demand.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Not quite. With a 160mm 36 Fox up front (and 2.5 Minion in front and 2.35 HR in rear), my 575 is slacked out to 66 deg (actually measured 65.9). I've got more travel both front and rear (160/146), vs an SB75. And even with a 150 fork, the SB75 will have more mismatched travel (150/130) than what I ride now. SB's might be a bit more efficient pedalers, but that doesn't bother me, and while SB's feel "livelier" they don't feel any plusher than the 575, if not less so. I'm happy with what I have, but as anyone else, I'm always open and eager for the next best thing. No doubt, 27.5 rolling ability over rocky techy terrain would be nice, as I like that riding that type of terrain.

The 27.5 575 is interesting, but not enough of a change besides wheel size as to what I have today. Now if it was a 160mm rear travel 27.5 575 (at which point, it would be 630 ), I'd be more keen to entertain that. But as it stands, I'll be impatiently waiting to see where Yeti goes with 27.5.

We'll see what Sea Otter brings, but I won't be holding my breath. I'll just keep ripping on my 575 and wait it out to see what Yeti brings to the longer travel 27.5 table.

Set up the exact same way, the SB75 will outperform the 575. While it's already slacker than the 575, add a 1 degree offset headset and I can't think of much I wouldn't bomb with it.

For me though, I'll stay on my 66C for now. I'm confident in my opinion that Yeti had an 27.5 enduro monster on the horizon.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast