Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1361
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jjkitt View Post
    8.5"X2.5" (216mmX63mm) standard air can Cane Creek Double Barrel and DBAIR Suspension Shock Fit Finder

Cheers,
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Yeti SB-66 Build thread-img_2208.jpg
    My new 66c. I'm still shocked at how well this thing descends.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mahrous View Post
    I am on 9-10 clicks on the LSR which is pretty close to the 12 clicks that Cane Creek dialed in for the middle position of the CS.
    I am a sucker for pedaling platforms and yesterday I made a climb (loose and steep) without the CS when I always do it with the CS on and I felt quite a difference. Till I perfect my riding technique or something, I will keep using the CS

My tune = LSC 4, LSR 9, HSC 0.25, HSR 0.75-1
    What do you have on yours profro?
    For those who run the CCDBA, did you get the regular or XV can? do you run any volume spacers?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I got the XV can. I don't have volume spacers on at the moment.

mtbr member
    Made some changes to the SB66 for this year and I couldn't be happier with the bike once again. Everything about it feels better and more composed. My gosh that old 2013 Talas was a piece of crap!! The Pike 150mm Solo was great on the first outing and I just received the new 2015 Monarch+ RC3 Debonair last night and got that bolted in. The rear shock feels a ton more supportive then the old Fox CTD early in the travel. It does feel like it takes larger hits in a very similar fashion though, bottomless on this bike. Also went from a 2x10 with heavy guide and guard down to a nice simple 1x10 this year and a bit different brake pad then the stock XT.

I had to take a couple shots before getting it all dirty again out on the trail haha. Bike comes in at a hair under 29 lbs at the moment. Looking forward to some blissful single track!!

DSCN1246 by adamkob, on Flickr

DSCN1243 by adamkob, on Flickr

DSCN1236 by adamkob, on Flickr

--Adam

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Nice Adam. We're really going to have to get together once I get the all-clear to bike again.

mtbr member
    Almost there!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    In the throes of a major mountain biking renaissance. Rock climbing was responsible for a decade long hiatus…..whatever, I'm now back in the saddle. I picked up a Yeti 66sb back in October. Aside from moving down to a 2x, and switching out the horrible Schwalbe Nobby Nics (now running a Maxxis Minion dhf 2.5 and a Continental Mountain King 2.5 in the rear) the bike is stock. It seems much has changed with full suspension bikes since my first generation Trek Fuel 90, and reading what you guys have done, or are planning to do is, is like trying to decipher a rap track spit in aramaic. Would any of you mind suggesting some "must do" upgrades?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I do like the ride, but what is with the paint on this thing!? I can get paint to slough off just by staring it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Which build did you buy?
    I find the most common 'must do' upgrades to be handlebars and stems. Wider and shorter, respectively.
    Byt then again, it all depends on your riding. I pretty much changed everything on my SB66 Enduro Plus 2012 build except for my fork, crank (converted to 1x though) and cassette.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I have the standard can on the CCDBair with no spacers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Costigan View Post
    In the throes of a major mountain biking renaissance. Rock climbing was responsible for a decade long hiatus…..whatever, I'm now back in the saddle. I picked up a Yeti 66sb back in October. Aside from moving down to a 2x, and switching out the horrible Schwalbe Nobby Nics (now running a Maxxis Minion dhf 2.5 and a Continental Mountain King 2.5 in the rear) the bike is stock. It seems much has changed with full suspension bikes since my first generation Trek Fuel 90, and reading what you guys have done, or are planning to do is, is like trying to decipher a rap track spit in aramaic. Would any of you mind suggesting some "must do" upgrades?
    Depends on what stock kit you got I guess. I had the Enduro kit with mine.

A must for me was switching to a 1x10 from my 2x10 drivetrain using a Raceface Narrow Wide ring.

My stock enduro kit came with Avid Elixir 5 brakes and I have quickly replaced them with M785 XT's and upped my rotors to 203F/180R (I'm a heavier rider, 205lbs geared up and I like to ride fast downhill ).

I also replaced the handle bars and stem with a Havoc set (750mm bars, 50mm stem).

The biggest thing I'd say though is adding a dropper post if you haven't. After riding a year with one they are AWESOME. My Rockshox Reverb died on me last week and SRAM is sending me a brand new one for free but in the mean time It sucks not having one lol.
    Ride: 2014 Yeti SB66AC

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Costigan View Post
    Definitely get a dropper post. People have good luck with Reverbs and KS Levs.
    Go tubeless!
    I'd also agree with swapping out Avid brakes for Shimanos.
    If you're just getting back into the sport, going to a 1x10 setup could be a challenge, since you'll lose the granny gear. If you do go 1x10, you'll probably want to get a 40 or 42 tooth cog in the back. Narrow/Wide refers to the front chainring, and it's just a tooth profile that helps eliminate dropped chains. RaceFace and many other make these chainrings.
    Look at your stem and handlebars -- a lot of guys here are running shorter stems (50mm) and wider bars (750mm+) than you would get on a stock build.
    Wheels make a big difference. I don't know what came stock, but there are a lot of nice aftermarket wheel choices out there. Usually you can shed some weight and add some stiffness by upgrading.
    Suspension -- odds are your bike came with a Fox 32 or 34 CTD fork. The hot fork right now is the RockShox Pike. That's a spendy upgrade, and may not be 100% necessary for someone just getting back into MTB. Same goes with the rear shock --people are upgrading to Cane Creek DBAirs, RS Monarchs, or Fox Float Xs. Again, maybe not 100% necessary right off the bat.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Instagram

Here is the latest version of my bike with light bicycle 33mm carbon rims

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    sb66c
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yeti SB-66 Build thread-20140429_213612.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-2014-04-29-1-.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-2014-04-29.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-20140506_073819.jpg  

Zaf
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremiah66 View Post
    sb66c
    Those shifter mounts are very very inboard, is that comfortable?
    The slack of cable on that front brake needs to be brought in a bit as well.

Beautiful build though, and great looking bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I was fortunate enough to have a buddy kick me down his Giant dropper post (I work in a ski shop and have kicked him down a couple pair of boards through the years). It's not the dropper that I would purchase, but one should never look a gift horse in the mouth. I do have a question about stem length….since the 66sb is an all mountain trail bike, why are so many of you going to a short, dh style stem length. Although I've been away from the sport for some time, I'm aggressive, fit, and like to go up as well as bomb down. At 6' on a large frame is there any reason why I wouldn't like a 50mm stem?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Inboard? They are on the wrong way around aren't they?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I like short stems during climbing. I love them more doing anything else.
    I am even considering going shorter when I go bigger than 780mm bar (carbon hopefully)

Zaf
    mtbr member

Re: Yeti SB-66 Build thread

Quote Originally Posted by Barbs View Post
    Inboard? They are on the wrong way around aren't they?
    I would say that, but some people do things differently. I, for the life of me, can't understand left brake front, so I try not to tell people they're doing things wrong when it comes to personal preference.
    But they do look the wrong way around.

mtbr member
    Are you running your shifters on opposite sides or something?

mtbr member
    Does the new Carbon rear triangle fit on a 2011 SB66A ?
    2011 Yeti SB-66 XL Fox Float 36, Fox DHX RC4
    Yeti SB-66 Gallery

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
    Does the new Carbon rear triangle fit on a 2011 SB66A ?
    Pretty sure I saw another thread where John P said it can be done. Need a swingarm, dogbone, and hardware. He said work through your LBS to get it all ordered.

mtbr member
    Rideable, but not quite where I want it. Loving it so far.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

[SIZE=3]Yeti SB-66A[/SIZE]
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Frame, Fork & Shock
    Frame: Yeti SB-66A (Large) Turquiose
    Fork : Fox 34 Float 150 FIT CTD w/Trail Adjust
    Rear Shock: Fox RP23 w/Kashima (8.5"x2.5")

Drivetrain
    Crankset : Shimano XTR M980 175mm
    Bottom Bracket: Shimano XTR
    Chainrings: Works Component 32T Thick/Thin Ring
    Chain : KMC X10SL Gold
    Pedals: Shimano XTR M985 Trail
    Rear Derailleur : SRAM X0 Type2 10spd (med cage)
    Rear Shifter : SRAM X0 10x Trigger
    Cassette : SRAM XX XG1099 10spd (11-36T)
    Gear Cable: Jagwire L3

Brakeset
    Levers : Shimano XTR Trail M988 (L & R)
    Callipers: Shimano Saint M820 (F & R) w/ Ti Bolts
    Hoses : Shimano Saint SM-BH90
    Front Rotor: 160mm Hope Mono Mini 2/4 SAW Floating w/ Ti Bolts
    Rear Rotor : 160mm Hope Mono Mini 2/4 SAW Floating w/ Ti Bolts

Controls
    Stem : Syntace Megaforce 2 (50 x -6o) w/ Ti Bolts
    Handlebar: Enve Riser Bar 740mm
    Grip : ESI Chunky + ODI BMX Bar Plug
    Headset: Cane Creek Forty
    Saddle : Selle Italia SLR Titanium Rails
    Seat Post: KindShock Lev 125mm x 30.9 w/ Ti Bolts & X0 remote
    Seat Clamp: Salsa Lip-Lock 35.0mm w/ Ti Bolt

Wheels & Tyres
    Front Rim: ZTR Flow 26" 32 Hole
    Rear Rim : ZTR Flow 26" 32 Hole
    Front Hub: Hope Pro II Evo
    Rear Hub : Hope Pro II Evo
    Spokes: Sapim Race
    Rear Skewer: Shimano XTR Trail E-Thru M988
    Front Tyre:Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35 Evo Snakeskin TL Ready TrailStar
    Rear Tyre :Schwalbe ThunderBurt 2.10 Evo Snakeskin TL Ready PaceStar
    Tubes : Stan's 35mm Valves, 25mm Rim Tape and Tire Sealant

Total weight - 13.12 kg

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast