Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1446
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Awesome thanks for the info on the pike. Lowest price I can find is $750 from biker Bob

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
    Awesome thanks for the info on the pike. Lowest price I can find is $750 from biker Bob
    Sounds like a steal, jump on it

mtbr member
    I forgot to post in here so here it is. I got this beauty in March and have already about 300+ miles on it. Love it!

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-10411815_10202346754057270_262797752414484683_n.jpg
    Ride: 2014 Yeti SB66AC

mtbr member
    Congrats to everyone who just bought one of these

Made a few changes to my 2013 enduro build:

-1x10 with race face narrow wide 32t and new X9 type 2 derailleur
    -Race face 45mm stem- down from a 60mm and feels much better- I'm 5'10" 32" inseam on a medium frame

So far everything is working great and the bike has exceeded my expectations. The only thing I am not thrilled about is the fork. It is a 2013 fox 32 ctd 150mm. Not only does it look puny on the bike but it has an awful lot of brake dive and I just don't think it feels great in general. Is anyone else running this fork and having the same issues? It came on the stock build, I wish I had gotten a 34. So I am thinking of swapping it out with possibly a Pike, X fusion slant or Marzocchi 55. I like the travel at 150 and I am not sure if a 160 fork will slacken it out too much for climbing, which I do a lot of. I ride this as a "trail/all mountain" bike, biggest drops about 4'. May take it to a bike park or 2 this summer so I want it to be capable. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Also price point has a deal on a Marzocchi 55 tst micro sta 160mm for $500 if anyone has experience with this fork.

Attachment 896511
    I like what you're thinking, and do note the 34 doesn't feel much better. It has pretty harsh small bump compliance unless aired down and substantial brake dive as well. The Pike would be BA. I'm the same dimensions as you and use the bike for the same type of riding with a 55mm stem and have been tossing around the idea of going a tad smaller and think this may have convinced me. I was a little worried that the shorter stem would compromise climb ability. How are you liking the 1x10, you miss any gears? Granny or big ring?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Good stuff jagtech. I think you will like a 45mm stem. I haven't noticed much of a steering difference and the cockpit is much more comfortable. As for 1x10 I was unsure if I would miss the granny gear. I rode Tiger mountain last week which basically has a steep fire road climb for an hour. I was able to get to the top without being totally gassed, which I was nervous about. I think it has helped me get in better shape because you just have to grind it out when it gets hard. I love the simplicity and the cleaner look. I say go for it, especially if you already have a clutch rear mech.

As for a new fork thanks for the input on the 34. If I had an extra $750 laying around I would have already gotten the pike. Gonna save up and also keep an eye on the classifieds, I think getting a new fork would really unleash all this bike has to offer. Cheers!

mtbr member
    Good stuff jagtech. I think you will like a 45mm stem. I haven't noticed much of a steering difference and the cockpit is much more comfortable. As for 1x10 I was unsure if I would miss the granny gear. I rode Tiger mountain last week which basically has a steep fire road climb for an hour. I was able to get to the top without being totally gassed, which I was nervous about. I think it has helped me get in better shape because you just have to grind it out when it gets hard. I love the simplicity and the cleaner look. I say go for it, especially if you already have a clutch rear mech.

As for a new fork thanks for the input on the 34. If I had an extra $750 laying around I would have already gotten the pike. Gonna save up and also keep an eye on the classifieds, I think getting a new fork would really unleash all this bike has to offer. Cheers!
    I hear ya regarding Tiger, I ride there quite often and the climb is no walk in the park by any means. Did you keep the same cassette? What is it like 11-34 or something if I recall?

I think a Pike and a Double barrel (or even Float X) out back and this bike would just annihilate any AM-Enduro trail it made contact with.

Big Gulps, Alright!
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit43 View Post
    The Pike is the best fork that you can buy for a SB66,160 is not going to slow you down on the climbings because the Pike has a low Crown to axle for a 160mm and has a anti dive feature on the damping Cartridge .
    The axle to crown on the 26" 160mm Pike is 542mm.
    The 160mm Lyrik's a2c is 545mm.
    The 26" 160mm Fox 36 also has a 545mm a2c.

I would not say the Pike has a low a2c for a 160mm fork. It is on par with the competition.

mtbr member
    Nice to see another 14' in Black built up. I wasnt completely sure on mine, but its grown on me a lot.

mtbr member
    What is the go-to shock upgrade for the SB66? I'm up in the air between the float x and CCDBA. I'm one to fine tune my suspension so I like the adjustability of the DBA. I also like the CS version for those burner climbs. I ride hard AM to light DH mostly technical with it.

Mr. Knowitall
    My SB transformed completely to a mini-DH when I upgraded to Vivid Air.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I bought the DBA CS for my '12 SB66. Lovely setup. It lost a bit of pedalability compared to the stiff stock RP23 but the CS works brilliant.
    Otherwise for descending and high speed riding, it's an absolute joy at the moment. The best shock on the market for one of the best bikes - especially if you're into tuning your suspension.

Zaf
    mtbr member

Re: Yeti SB-66 Build thread

It arrived. But I haven't seen it yet, and won't until the end of the month. It arrived after I had to leave for my flight, just some pics from a twisted friend to make sure everything is in good order.
    Cannot wait to start building this up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hssp View Post
    My SB transformed completely to a mini-DH when I upgraded to Vivid Air.
    How did the pedal-ability fare out?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mahrous View Post
    I bought the DBA CS for my '12 SB66. Lovely setup. It lost a bit of pedalability compared to the stiff stock RP23 but the CS works brilliant.
    Otherwise for descending and high speed riding, it's an absolute joy at the moment. The best shock on the market for one of the best bikes - especially if you're into tuning your suspension.
    I'm definitely not interested in losing pedal ability but I bet it's a monster now!

Mr. Knowitall

Sv: Yeti SB-66 Build thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jagtech360 View Post
    How did the pedal-ability fare out?
    Didn't pay much attention to that, so I would say it doesn't matter. Switch does not need pedal assistance. If you feel you need pedal assistance, either you shock suck, you have a bad rear suspension design or you pedalling technique really needs refining.

mtbr member
    I may have gotten my SB66 a little dirty last weekend in Angelfire.

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-10350632_10202369372622720_7482612479492742426_n.jpg
    Ride: 2014 Yeti SB66AC

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hssp View Post
    didn't pay much attention to that, so i would say it doesn't matter. Switch does not need pedal assistance. If you feel you need pedal assistance, either you shock suck, you have a bad rear suspension design or you pedalling technique really needs refining.
    ok.......:-/

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I feel it did lose a bit of pedalability because the DBA is so much smoother than the RP23 at the beginning of the stroke. But it's not something you can't get used to and smoothen out your technique. The CS switch works great and has a 'hidden' feature where you can put the CS in the middle position and that gives you a nice tune. No regrets at all about buying the shock. Wouldn't trade it for anything else either.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Anyone running an X-fusion slant? Amazon has a new one for $415 and the cheapest Pike I can find is $750. Pretty big price difference and everything I've read says the slant is pretty good...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Anyone running an X-fusion slant? Amazon has a new one for $415 and the cheapest Pike I can find is $750. Pretty big price difference and everything I've read says the slant is pretty good...
    I have one on my 66c and like it. I'm a set it simpler the better kinda guy..

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I feel it did lose a bit of pedalability because the DBA is so much smoother than the RP23 at the beginning of the stroke.
    Try adding some more LSR.

I find that I rarely use the full CS feature as the Switch does such a good job. Usually leave it fully open unless I'm on gravel roads.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by profro View Post
    Try adding some more LSR.

I find that I rarely use the full CS feature as the Switch does such a good job. Usually leave it fully open unless I'm on gravel roads.
    This is consistent with how most of us at Yeti run our CTD-Adjust Floats as well - with the lever on 'Descend' unless we're doing extended climbing on something as smooth as a road. The switch does a great job of isolating pedal-induced movement, and it's nice to have that rear end as active as possible for better traction on the technical climbs we ride most days around the office.

JP
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

mtbr member
    Do you recall the shock measurements needed for the CCDBA upgrade?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagtech360 View Post
    Do you recall the shock measurements needed for the CCDBA upgrade?
    8.5"X2.5" (216mmX63mm) standard air can Cane Creek Double Barrel and DBAIR Suspension Shock Fit Finder

Cheers,
    "I Like the Cut of His Jib"

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I am on 9-10 clicks on the LSR which is pretty close to the 12 clicks that Cane Creek dialed in for the middle position of the CS.
    I am a sucker for pedaling platforms and yesterday I made a climb (loose and steep) without the CS when I always do it with the CS on and I felt quite a difference. Till I perfect my riding technique or something, I will keep using the CS

My tune = LSC 4, LSR 9, HSC 0.25, HSR 0.75-1
    What do you have on yours profro?

Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    This is consistent with how most of us at Yeti run our CTD-Adjust Floats as well - with the lever on 'Descend' unless we're doing extended climbing on something as smooth as a road. The switch does a great job of isolating pedal-induced movement, and it's nice to have that rear end as active as possible for better traction on the technical climbs we ride most days around the office.

JP

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast