Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    aka...appBLING72
    Quote Originally Posted by hssp View Post
    Mine is DONE! Finally. Having some issues with my shock pump, I haven't been able to nail the sag properly, but the bike performs well anyway. It feels even lighter than its 13.7kg (w/ pedals) would say. Here are some pics of the bike, nice 'n dirty.
    How do you like the BOS fork? Haven't really heard any reviews on them. What model is it?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by milko9000 View Post
    Forgive a noob question, but now I have an ISCG05 tab adapter, I'm wondering how to fit it. Do I need to take out the BB and get it in there before refitting everything? I'm assuming yes...
    Yes. You just need to remove the drive side cup and refit with the ISCG05 adapter in the right orientation. I'd also measure the BB shell width with the blank and the adapter.

With the blank, the shell is 73mm and you fit a typical BB with a 2.5mm spacer on the drive side to allow for fitting a chain device. This makes the overall width to the cups 75.5mm and this is offset (by 1.25mm) from the central axis of the bike.

The ISCG adapters may have been implemented in one of two ways. Either the shell ends up as 75.5mm and no spacer is required, or the shell stays at 73mm and a spacer is required. I haven't got mine yet so I am speculating but I would measure everything rather than make assumptions and hope it is 75.5mm as that would put the ISCG tabs where I'd expect them.

Mr. Knowitall
    Quote Originally Posted by aappling72 View Post
    How do you like the BOS fork? Haven't really heard any reviews on them. What model is it?
    It is the Deville 160mm w/TRC.

Haven't had too much time to really stress test it, but it is one plush fork that swallows most things coming its way. The TRC is just making the air chamber smaller for it to ramp up for sprints and uphill on flat surfaces. It limits the travel to 110mm with some kind of blow off.

It is made by frenchmen who know they are making good products, so support is not too great, but hey - the products are just beautiful. Have Idylle and S**toy on my DH sled and they ROCK.

Mr. Knowitall
    Quote Originally Posted by petercarm View Post
    The ISCG adapters may have been implemented in one of two ways. Either the shell ends up as 75.5mm and no spacer is required, or the shell stays at 73mm and a spacer is required. I haven't got mine yet so I am speculating but I would measure everything rather than make assumptions and hope it is 75.5mm as that would put the ISCG tabs where I'd expect them.
    Still 73mm. Spacer required.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by milko9000 View Post
    Forgive a noob question, but now I have an ISCG05 tab adapter, I'm wondering how to fit it. Do I need to take out the BB and get it in there before refitting everything? I'm assuming yes...
    Your assumption is good. The way they work is you remove one side of the bottom bracket (right side) and then put the adapter on. Your bottom bracket generally holds it in place. You can then put back on your crank and get ready to ride.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

pro pedal?

w/ the suspension design, do you really feel the need for pro pedal? i noticed you've got yours on.
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Thanks guys, all I need to know there, I think. Since I've got it running without the chainguide at present I guess I already have to have the spacer and this will just slot into the whole assembly without changing any of that stuff. Just need the time to do it now!

Mr. Knowitall
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    w/ the suspension design, do you really feel the need for pro pedal? i noticed you've got yours on.
    If that was for me, it is definitely off

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hssp View Post
    If that was for me, it is definitely off
    that was for you & your lever is definately on
    breezy shade

Mr. Knowitall
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    that was for you & your lever is definately on
    Not to be difficult, but it is open

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Just joined the tribe, or at least 2/3 of the way there with hefty deposit down on a med black SB-66 today at LBS. Will be a week or two until it is officially built up while I wait for new fork steerer/crown, thru axle kit and pay off the rest.

Build is going to look something like this when all done for the meantime though:

Frame: SB-66 black med
    Fork: RS Lyrik RC2 DH 160 solo air
    Shock: RP23 (for now)
    Headset: Cane Creek 40 ZS
    Stem: Chromag Ranger 50 or 40mm stem
    Bars: Chromag OSX 760mm bars
    Saddle: Chromag Trailmaster DT
    Brakes: Shimano Saint 180's
    Cranks: SLX double 24/36
    Shifters: Saint
    Front Der: XT 786 compact
    Rear Der: XT shadow med cage
    Cassette: Sram 990 11-34
    Wheels: Stans Flows/Hadley hubs 142x12mm
    Tires: Specialized Butcher Control 2.3 tubeless

Weight: ? expecting about 32lbs or so I imagine
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Where can you get this

I am a Nomad
    Solo air DH comes only in 170mm and can be lowered via additional internal spacers, the coil is at 160mm, I think.
    See below:
    Lyrik RC2 DH | SRAM

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tp806 View Post
    Solo air DH comes only in 170mm and can be lowered via additional internal spacers, the coil is at 160mm, I think.
    See below:
    Lyrik RC2 DH | SRAM
    Correct, 170 spec'd and shimmed down with a 10mm spacer to get to 160mm.
    Maintain internal heights.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tp806 View Post
    See below:
    Lyrik RC2 DH | SRAM
    I'm selling one. Pm me for details.

Tapered steerer cut to 8.5", Two Step Air model (140mm or 160mm), Black
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nixgame22 View Post
    Correct, 170 spec'd and shimmed down with a 10mm spacer to get to 160mm.
    Yeppers, that is what I did to keep my bike a little lower. It's nice to have the 170mm option for steeper, chunkier/jumpier trails though. A great fork nonetheless and at only 4.8lbs with 160 or 170 of DH dampening travel, does a trail up right
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Look Out!
    I've retired my go to ride '08 575(asr&arc) and attached is my new (Dream Bike) SB66.
    I'm blown away with the white; It really pops! I hope your white arrives soon.

This is a FRESH build from Roswell, Ga (usa) (arrived 11/15/11)
    Medium White SB66 XT Kit/32 Float that includes, 2x10 XT Crankset, Chris King Bottom Bracket & Headset, Mavic 717(decals peeled)/DT240's, Tubeless Nobby Nic 2.35/Ralph 2.25, Pedals XT Trail, Gobi Saddle, Thompson Setback SeatPost & Stem 70mm. Shortened the handlebars bust a hair. Total build weight 28.5lbs

Its gonna be a great winter riding here in the southern states. Woohoo!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yeti SB-66 Build thread-sb66.jpg  

mtbr member
    Very nice, love the white frame! I probably would of got a white frame instead of black that I am having built up due to less visibility of scratches and dings with the white. Probably have to get some frame skins for the shiny black frame so it doesn't look like a haggered 2$ dollar ho within a season. If all goes well, hopefully be riding mine come next weekend! Just waiting on a tapered steerer/crown assembly for my fork and 142x12 thru axle conversion kit for the rear hub. Stoked to put the 66 thru it's paces when it's ready. Just hope the RP23 and I get along well.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    hi guys, can you suggest me an online shop to buy this frame or the complete bike in usa?

thanks

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Check out "HuckNRoll" It's part of the Backcountry family.

mtbr member
    We have some frames and completes in stock at Go-Ride.com. Not sure if they are listed on our website at this time, but we have them and can ship them anywhere in the USA. I personally ride a SB66, so if you have any tech questions I can answer them.
    Pivot Firebird
    Hightower 29
    Tallboy 3
    Pivot LES SS
    Salsa Beargrease C
    Giant TCX

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rjackson33 View Post
    Theres been some sweet build photos over the last few months, must be time to see some photos of them in action!
    Heres a couple at the local bike park from yesterday.
    Cool pics. See your in New Zealand. Looks like some great riding there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    My weekend has just shaped up to be a bit more interesting because my Bos Deville taper 160mm TRC has arrived at the LBS.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

mtbr member

Super stoked to ride my new super bike!

Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Just joined the tribe, or at least 2/3 of the way there with hefty deposit down on a med black SB-66 today at LBS. Will be a week or two until it is officially built up while I wait for new fork steerer/crown, thru axle kit and pay off the rest.

Build is going to look something like this when all done for the meantime though:

Frame: SB-66 black med
    Shock: RP23 (for now)
    Headset: Cane Creek 40 ZS
    Stem: Chromag Ranger 50 or 40mm stem
    Bars: Chromag OSX 760mm bars
    Saddle: Chromag Trailmaster DT
    Brakes: Shimano Saint 180's
    Cranks: SLX double 24/36
    Shifters: Saint
    Front Der: XT 786 compact
    Rear Der: XT shadow med cage
    Cassette: Sram 990 11-34
    Wheels: Stans Flows/Hadley hubs 142x12mm
    Tires: Specialized Butcher Control 2.3 tubeless

Weight: ? expecting about 32lbs or so I imagine
    Just came home with this tonight from LBS! Cyclepath bike shop in Portland, OR did a awesome job building up this frame using mostly my old beaten down parts from previous ride. The fit and feel of the new ride feels pretty spot on which is amazing, cause I usually have to tinker quite a bit with new bike to get it to feel just right. Cody at Cyclepath totally dialed everything in to the utmost detail during the build and installation process and it feels totally dialed to ride right now!

Here it is, stoked to rally the local trails afterwork tomorrow night!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yeti SB-66 Build thread-img_0487-3000-x-2250-.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-img_0493-3000-x-2250-.jpg  

Ride On!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Just ordered mine from Big Tree Bikes today in Seattle! Hopefully late next week or early the week after I'll be taking her home! So stoked! Congrats to the rest of you!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Oh good, someone else with an SB-66 made up largely of old parts! Although yours are more colour-coordinated than mine...

26 for life.
    Dammit, looks mine won't be here until next year now if I hold out for yellow. Apparently, there won't be anymore yellow ones after that.
    Could get a black or white one next week, but I'm holding out.
    Sent from the future to destroy the past.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Same here in the uk i have a medium lime on order should have it early next year.Could get a white or black the now but holding out for the colour i want.At least i am supposed to be getting the next medium lime one that comes into the uk as my name is first on the list

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hey Radman, i have a medium lime 5th on the list in the UK have been waiting months, do you know where i can get a white or black one from?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hi freeflow bikes in glasgow .They have medium lime on order for me and have offered me a black medium and white medium in the past couple of weeks but holding out for my lime frame.Not sure if they will still have them but def worth giving them a phone on monday morning.

Hardtail Bikes | Full Suspension Bikes | Electric Bikes | Commuting Bikes | BMX | Mountain Bikes | MTB Frames | Bike Parts | Road Frames | Road Bikes

mtbr member
    Stem recommendation/advice anyone?

So, pretty happy how my new SB-66 came out with mostly older parts transferred over from previous bike, just would like to replace the stem that is on it right now. Got an old, heavy'ish Syncros FR stem I had lying around (50mm x 15*rise) on there. Stem length feels good, but rise is a bit too much and weighs about 1/4 lb more than other stems in this size.

So having a hard time choosing between a:
    - Chromag Ranger (40x0 or 50x0) at 140g, 150g
    - Thomson X4 (50x0*) at 170g
    - Renthal Duo (50x10*) at 140g

I came off a Thomson DH 45mm stem on previous bike that I loved how it felt, but also love my Chromag bars and seat and think the Ranger would complement the build well. But the Renthal looks pretty cool and like how it all clamps together with no 4 bolt face plate, pretty light and like the fact that it has a bit of rise to offset using another spacer under the stem, since I will have to add spacers under the stem regardless due to Syncros having at least a 5-8mm taller stack height then aforementioned stems.

Based on this, any suggestions?

Thx,
    JG
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Stem recommendation/advice anyone?

So, pretty happy how my new SB-66 came out with mostly older parts transferred over from previous bike, just would like to replace the stem that is on it right now. Got an old, heavy'ish Syncros FR stem I had lying around (50mm x 15*rise) on there. Stem length feels good, but rise is a bit too much and weighs about 1/4 lb more than other stems in this size.

So having a hard time choosing between a:
    - Chromag Ranger (40x0 or 50x0) at 140g, 150g
    - Thomson X4 (50x0*) at 170g
    - Renthal Duo (50x10*) at 140g

I came off a Thomson DH 45mm stem on previous bike that I loved how it felt, but also love my Chromag bars and seat and think the Ranger would complement the build well. But the Renthal looks pretty cool and like how it all clamps together with no 4 bolt face plate, pretty light and like the fact that it has a bit of rise to offset using another spacer under the stem, since I will have to add spacers under the stem regardless due to Syncros having at least a 5-8mm taller stack height then aforementioned stems.

Based on this, any suggestions?

Thx,
    JG
    I love my Syncros FRIC

45MM/0 degree/ 123 grams!

Syncros - Applied Technology

» 2010 Interbike: 2011 Syncros FRIC Stem And Other New Products - Sick Lines – mountain bike reviews, news, videos | Your comprehensive downhill and freeride mountain bike resource

/ Intended use: Freeride / DH
    / Patented forged design for incredible strength-to-weight ratio
    / Patented Intelligent Clamp (IC™) wraps a fulll 260 degrees
    around the bar for superior force distribution
    / Bolts on front of steerer clamp for increased clearance
    / 45mm extension
    / Zero rise
    / Available in black or white
    / Superlight at 123g

mtbr member
    Looks nice and at half the weight of the Syncros stem I have on now and can be had for only about $65 online (cheaper than other stems in this class). The only dis, is that it looks like I would have to remove everything off the bars and slide the bars in to install. One of the things I was stoked about during the build was that I kept all the controls on the bars when transferring all the parts over. Stem looks solid once installed though. Still think I will go with either the Chromag, Renthal or Thomson. Just trying to decide if I should go 40x0* (Chromag), 50x10* (Renthal), or 50x0* (Thomson) in sizing and rise is all I am fretting over at this point for optimal cockpit fit/feel, even though it is a pretty minor thing to sweat.

Thx for the suggestion though!
    Ride On!

mtbr member

Thx for the suggestion though!
    No problem Jgusta, good luck!

mtbr member
    Upgraded my fork to a Float 36RLC.

Now that it is put away for the year, I decided to start upgrading some parts, 180mm ice rotors are next, that will be all the more I do.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Rode a demo SB-95 this weekend and I loved the suspension design and how well it pedaled. I felt like it wasn't doing anything at all and then I looked down and saw the shock moving, nuts. Soaked up hard edged bumps as well as the DW too. Only thing is I still can't get with the 29" wheels, just not as good through the corners and I can't flick it around like I can the 26" wheeled bike.

Now I struggle with the decision between the 2012 Turner 5.Spot and the Yeti SB-66. Being a former Yeti fan (two 575's, ASX, ASR, and a DJ) I feel like I want to stick with the brand but I like the ride of the DW too and it would be cool to try something different. The only draw back to the Turner is the higher price. I know this is the Yeti forum, but thoughts from any of you with experience with both bikes?

Thanks,

Tejas

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TejasMTB View Post
    Rode a demo SB-95 this weekend

Tejas
    Where in Tejas are you located? I'm in Austin and can't wait to demo the SB-66.
    Was the demo through Yeti (huge trailer with the entire fleet) or a LBS demo bike?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jojoh2033 View Post
    Where in Tejas are you located? I'm in Austin and can't wait to demo the SB-66.
    Was the demo through Yeti (huge trailer with the entire fleet) or a LBS demo bike?
    I PM'ed you.

Tejas

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Finally together

Frame: Large
    Fox 36 Talas
    Full XO Silver Groupo
    Thompson 50mm
    Havoc Carbon Bars
    Haven Wheels
    Reverb post
    Gobi Am Seat
    Trail King Tires (Tubeless)
    31.6 lbs.

After the first ride at Blackrock yesterday, it truly lives up to what everyone is claiming.Pedaling was effortless but it was mostly fire road.On the downhill it was a mini DH.With the wheel base,low BB and 66 ha it was a blast. Very good in the air.Very balanced bike. It road like it was 4 lbs lighter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yeti SB-66 Build thread-imag0152.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-imag0156.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-imag0151.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-imag0150.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-imag0164.jpg  

mtbr member

Hello to all yeti owners here is my SB

switched from nomad II 2009 so far love this bike & coil feel much much better
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yeti SB-66 Build thread-065.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-077.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tdubb View Post
    Fox 36 Talas
    Full XO Silver Groupo
    Thompson 50mm
    Havoc Carbon Bars
    Haven Wheels
    Reverb post
    Gobi Am Seat
    31.6 lbs.
    That is seriously my dream build for this bike. My god that's a good looking rig.
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did that build cost you? And if you do mind me asking, no worries, but know that I fully support spending lucrative amounts of money on dream bikes

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Damn this thread isn't helping me ignore the medium white SB66 frame at my LBS!

Nice builds on here!

mtbr member
    Shade, could you give a in depth comparison to the Nomad. Strengths and weaknesses of both! Hearing alot on Pinkbike over the SB not living up to the bike?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    It was $5000 for me but I get my parts at a Really good deal.About $6500 retail.
    Last edited by tdubb; 12-14-2011 at 06:24 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    It was $500 for me but I get my parts at a Really good deal.About $6500 retail.
    $500?!?

Do you work in the professional thief industry? That's ridiculously awesome.
    Does it ride as well as it looks so far?

mtbr member
    There is A difference between the two frames the nomads are excellent frames but realy aggressive it does climb well but the sb is much better climber.when going down hill they feel about the same to me tough yetii does suffer dou to the air shock . after switching to the coil droping in feel much smoother .bike does weigh little heavier .14.5 kg

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    shade,

and hows the performance like climbing with coil?

mtbr member
    feel the same to me ...i a Clyde so i will swear by coil
    rode two nights ago felt much faster
    <iframe src="http://www.endomondo.com/embed/workouts?w=gCT08bHPj7Q&width=580&height=600&width= 950&height=600" width="950" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Edited

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Here is my build that should be ready just after Christmas day.

SB-66 Turquoise/medium
    Fox 32 150 Fit RLC Kashima (white) (will pick up a Fox 36 Float/Vanilla for bigger days next summer)
    Cane Creek Forty headset
    Salsa fliplock seat post clamp in Gold
    Thomson Elite X4 50mm stem
    Thomson Elite 30.9mmx410mm seat post
    Fizik Gobi XM saddle
    Spank Stiffy Royala Gold 30mm rise
    Sram X9 rear shifter
    Sram X9 short cage rear der
    Sram X7 32T crank
    Sram PG-1050 12-36T cassette
    e.Thirteen LG1+ 32-36T ISCG 05
    Sram PC-1051 10 spd chain
    Shimano XT SPD pedals (Spank flats for bigger days)
    Stans ZTR Flow hoops laced to Gold Hadley hubs 32 hole F/36 hole R, 15mmF/142x12mmR, 20mmF conversion cups for fork swaps
    Shimano XT trail brakes with 180/160 Ice Tec rotors or Hope Tech V2 183/160 rotors
    Fox RP23 Kashima rear shock (maybe a CCDB Air next summer)
    Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 UST front (Continental Mountain King 2.4 alternate)
    Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 UST rear (Kenda SB8 2.35 alternate)
    Yeti Lock-on grips

mtbr member
    Here is my new SB-66. Two rides in and loving it! Headed out shortly for another one

Medium Yeti SB-66 frame w/Fox RP23 Kashima shock
    Fox Float36 RLC Kashima fork
    Cane Creek 110 headset
    Race Face Atlas 50mm stem
    Race Face Atlas FR 760mm bars
    ODI SDG lock-on grips
    Shimano XTR 988 Trail brakes 180mm front/160mm rear Ice Tech rotors
    Shimano XTR 980 10-speed rear shifter
    Shimano XTR 985 Shadow Plus GS rear derailleur
    Shimano XTR 980 crankset
    E13 34t Guide Ring
    Shimano XTR 980 11-36t cassette
    Shimano XTR 985 Trail pedals
    Shimano HG-94 chain
    MRP Mini G2 SL chainguide
    Mavic Crossmax SX wheels
    Continental Mountain King II Protection tires 2.2 rear/2.4 front
    Rock Shox Reverb seatpost
    WTB Silverado saddle
    Salsa Flip-Lock seat collar

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    Here is my new SB-66. Two rides in and loving it! Headed out shortly for another one

Cane Creek 110 headset
    ODI SDG lock-on grips
    Shimano XTR 980 crankset
    E13 34t Guide Ring
    Shimano HG-94 chain
    Mavic Crossmax SX wheels
    WTB Silverado saddle
    Sick ass build! I'm digging the addition of the turquoise grips.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Awesome build, it's nice to see what my bike will look like as our builds are very similar. I dig the turquoise grips, I might have to copy those. I think our bikes can benefit from the front der. block off plates if Yeti ever ships them.

Cane Creek 110 headset
    ODI SDG lock-on grips
    Shimano XTR 980 crankset
    E13 34t Guide Ring
    Shimano HG-94 chain
    Mavic Crossmax SX wheels
    WTB Silverado saddle

mtbr member

Cane Creek 110 headset
    ODI SDG lock-on grips
    Shimano XTR 980 crankset
    E13 34t Guide Ring
    Shimano HG-94 chain
    Mavic Crossmax SX wheels
    WTB Silverado saddle
    Sick build man, whats the weight?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by V.P. View Post
    Sick build man, whats the weight?
    29.75lbs.

mtbr member
    Here is my new SB-66.
    the perfect building IMHO

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Nice with the Kashima handlebars too

mtbr member
    what's with all the couch shots?
    this ain't the Turner forum...

mtbr member
    True true i think we need a new sb action shoot thread

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Fox 36 Talas
    Full XO Silver Groupo
    Thompson 50mm
    Havoc Carbon Bars
    Haven Wheels
    Reverb post
    Gobi Am Seat
    31.6 lbs.

After the first ride at Blackrock yesterday, it truly lives up to what everyone is claiming.Pedaling was effortless but it was mostly fire road.On the downhill it was a mini DH.With the wheel base,low BB and 66 ha it was a blast. Very good in the air.Very balanced bike. It road like it was 4 lbs lighter.
    Which trail did you take it down? Bonzai, Sickter, Grannies? I was up there just last Sunday, incredible day.

I'm curious what you took on and if you did some drops, how did it handle that?
    Last edited by jmountain; 12-31-2011 at 10:39 AM.

mtbr member
    Last edited by jmountain; 12-31-2011 at 10:38 AM.
    "Let the wheels spin."

Stray Bullet
    Can't wait for my XL to come in!

Build will be:
    XL Yeti Turquoise frame
    Marzocchi 55 RC3 Ti Tapered
    Formula THE One brakes
    M980 XTR
    Race Face SixC cranks
    Easton Havoc UST wheels
    Renthal bar and stem

Hopefully it will be under 30lbs.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Mines shipped and on its way! Christmas will be coming a few days late this year!
    Black enduro build

mtbr member
    I'm going with a frame to build up. Currently planning on XT/XTR build with 1x10 and then use what I can off my old bikes to cut cost. To say I have agonized over the possibilities and scrutinized my choices would be an understatement...
    Last edited by jmountain; 12-24-2011 at 04:20 PM.

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Here's a pic of my SB-66 after yesterday's ride. Love this bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yeti SB-66 Build thread-img_4797.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-img_4796.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-img_4798.jpg  

Tallboy3 CC : Stigmata2 CC : Honzo carbon

mtbr member
    Ooh, that's the best kind: covered in mud...
    2012 Intense M9
    2008 Look 595

Chilling out
    That's one HAPPY bike!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    First ride Boxing Day hopefully.

Black medium frame
    Fax 36 Float
    Stans Flows on Hope Pro Evo
    Conti Baron Black Chilli
    X0 rear mech, shifter, DH crank and chain device (1x10)
    XT 11-36 cassette
    Cane Creek 40 headset
    Straitline 50mm wedge stem and Renthal Fat bars, Yeti grips
    Hope Tech X2 brakes
    Rockshox Reverb and Funn saddle
    Superstar Nano pedals

Can't wait.

mtbr member

Cane Creek 110 headset
    ODI SDG lock-on grips
    Shimano XTR 980 crankset
    E13 34t Guide Ring
    Shimano HG-94 chain
    Mavic Crossmax SX wheels
    WTB Silverado saddle

stunning Dog- lovin that wheelset!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bpnic View Post
    stunning Dog- lovin that wheelset!
    Thanks! It's an awesome bike

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Mine has arrived at the LBS, just waiting on a few other parts to get here. I should be on the trails next week, I cant wait.

Tejas

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Mine just came in the mail today!! Riding in the Montana snow (or lack there of) tomorrow!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

My modest Build

Hi,

I will be using these parts below for my SB66a build:

Yeti SB66a small black
    Shimano XT direct mount FD
    Shimano XT crank with tripple chainring
    Shimano XT cassette (10spd)
    Shimano XT 10spd chain
    Shimano XT pedals
    Shimano XT Shifters
    Shimano XTR Shadow Plus RD
    Shimano XTR brakes
    Hope ceramic BB
    Hope 7" floating rotor front and rear
    Hope 50mm stem
    Hope headset
    Hope Pro II hubs on Stans ZTR Flow rims
    Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 Snake Skin tyres for front and rear
    Raceface SIXC handlebar
    Yeti ODI hardcore lockon grips
    Thomson seatpost
    Fizik Gobi XM carbon rail saddle
    Fox Factory 32 Talas 150 RLC Kashima 15QR
    Maybe some custom Angrybirds waterproof stickers......NOT. ;-p

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxyserv View Post
    Hi,

I will be using these parts below for my SB66a build:

Yeti SB66a small black
    Shimano XT direct mount FD
    Shimano XT crank with tripple chainring
    Shimano XT cassette (10spd)
    Shimano XT 10spd chain
    Shimano XT pedals
    Shimano XT Shifters
    Shimano XTR Shadow Plus RD
    Shimano XTR brakes
    Hope ceramic BB
    Hope 7" floating rotor front and rear
    Hope 50mm stem
    Hope headset
    Hope Pro II hubs on Stans ZTR Flow rims
    Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 Snake Skin tyres for front and rear
    Raceface SIXC handlebar
    Yeti ODI hardcore lockon grips
    Thomson seatpost
    Fizik Gobi XM carbon rail saddle
    Fox Factory 32 Talas 150 RLC Kashima 15QR
    Maybe some custom Angrybirds waterproof stickers......NOT. ;-p
    Congrats!. I plan on using a similar build except WH-788 XT wheels with 142x12 in the reaer, XT breaks and float 32. 2 questions:
    1. why the XTR breaks?. Is it that much better than the XT?
    2. Why TALAS? the bike is great at 150?.
    Enjoy
    GB

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBonty View Post
    Congrats!. I plan on using a similar build except WH-788 XT wheels with 142x12 in the reaer, XT breaks and float 32. 2 questions:
    1. why the XTR breaks?. Is it that much better than the XT?
    2. Why TALAS? the bike is great at 150?.
    Enjoy
    GB
    Thanks. Good to hear that you have the 142x12 chip kit for the rear ready. My local Yeti dealer did not have this option available when I ask bout this. I even have the 142x12 Hope Pro II conversion kit ready. Now its only a matter of when will the chip kit be available locally. I asked if I could order them but they could not even give a definitive answer.

1. Why XTR brakes? Is it that much better than the XT? - I used to own the older XTs until I broke the brake lever during a crash. The lever feedback feels hard and bites the moment you squeeze the levers. The new XTR brakes feels nicer. It's soft on the squeeze and you feel as though you get more control over the brakes. I cannot comment on the new XT because I have not tried them.

2. Why TALAS? The bike is great at 150? - Travel adjustable of course We have lots of long steep climbs here. If you look at the Yeti website, they spec the SB66 with 150mm travel forks. Now they even have 36 at 150mm. So, I thought they must be doing something right by spec'ing a 150mm fork? I think it is more balanced front and rear and 150mm up front is enough for me to play with My buddy has a 36 TALAS 160mm up front and it's heavy.

Good luck with your build! You'll love this frame

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Jenson sells the chip kit for $40

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

SB-66c

Did anyone notice that the 2012 Yeti brochure classified SB66c as a trail bike instead of an AM bike BUT the SB66a is an AM bike? I wonder why?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

My SB66a

My SB66a Build
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yeti SB-66 Build thread-tst1.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-tst2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxyserv View Post
    Did anyone notice that the 2012 Yeti brochure classified SB66c as a trail bike instead of an AM bike BUT the SB66a is an AM bike? I wonder why?
    It's all a huge conspiracy!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirium View Post
    Thanks, Kirium.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Heres a quick video I put together of myself and RichieNZ riding our new 66s

Its good to be in summer!

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/34713229?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="398" height="224" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Last edited by rjackson33; 01-07-2012 at 09:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Heres a quick video I put together of myself and RichieNZ riding our new 66s
    Great video and nice riding. At the beginning of it someone is walking up the trail. Any reason why or just for effect? I haven't had an opportunity to ride one but have heard that they climb very well.

Yeah it would be nice to be summer. Maybe at least a winter where there's enough snow to ski on...
    2012 Intense M9
    2008 Look 595

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    No reason, it rides up hill just fine!

I just needed something to start the clip.

Cheers

mtbr member
    No reason, it rides up hill just fine!

I just needed something to start the clip.
    And an awesome way to start it most certainly is.
    2012 Intense M9
    2008 Look 595

mtbr member
    Great vid!. I like the music as well...........

26 for life.
    Nice. Still waiting for mine.
    Though I do have some new music to listen to. Cheers for the heads up, I like em a lot.
    Last edited by KiwiJohn; 01-08-2012 at 05:10 AM.
    Sent from the future to destroy the past.

mtbr member
    Very nice and well done with that! NZ looks like my idea of heaven and cool to see the SB rippin' those great looking trails.

I could use some summer right about now, how about an exchange program to PacNW (Oregon)? Keep it rippin'!
    JG
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiJohn View Post
    Nice. Still waiting for mine.
    Though I do have some new music to listen to. Cheers for the heads up, I like em a lot.
    Yea im pretty hooked on Brad Sucks, check out his website for downloads. First heard it on Kranked 7, a song called Making Me Nervous, it is sweet!

Very nice and well done with that! NZ looks like my idea of heaven and cool to see the SB rippin' those great looking trails.

I could use some summer right about now, how about an exchange program to PacNW (Oregon)? Keep it rippin'!
    JG
    An exchange to Oregon, tempting, I do like Oregon... Buts its a high of 26deg (c) here and the bike park is open until 8pm......

Your right, this isn't far from heaven down here, with over a dozen different areas to ride an AM or Downhill bike, within an hour from town, or you could just take the gondola from town to the bike park....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yeti SB-66 Build thread-nx10_4568.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Hi, this is mine....

Built it up after Christmas but before the new year. Rode once and its really a Super Bike 66.

mtbr member
    Here is a short clip from riding this past weekend.
    <iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bL2C_LPMDjQ?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wheelie king
    Nice video. What camera and mount are you using?

mtbr member
    My Build:

Medium team color

2012 White TALAS 32 (got it for the same price as Float as all the Folats are gone for some time now)

Wheels: 2012 Shimano XT WH-M788 trail

F. Tire: WTB Bronson 2.35 UST

R. Tire: Maxis Ardent 2.25 UST

Crank: Shimano XT 780

Integarted BB: Shimano XT 780

Chain: Shimano HG94

Cassette: Shimano HG81

F. Shifter: Shimano XT 780

Rear Shift.: Shimano XT 780

Shifters :Shimano XT 780 (attached on break levers)

Bar: PRO Koryac Riser 710

Stem: PRO Koryac white 70mm

Breaks: Shimano XT 780/785

Rottors: Shimano 180F 160R

Calippers: Shimano XT 780/785

S. Post: PRO Koryac

Saddle: Pro Vaulture

Headset: CC

Realy nice collor is the team!. Just saw everything in my LBS except the missing headset. Expecting the bike completed Sunday and will post photos.
    To bad (for biking), next week is going to be stormy but we need this rain.
    Excited

Last edited by GreenBonty; 01-15-2012 at 02:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Bad arse video Dogboy!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Well, I don't have pics since it doesn't exist yet. But I just ordered the following shred sled at my local bike shop tonight. Yes, I went all out on this one. Hopefully it will be in by May.

2012 SB-66C Pro XTR Kit
    Frame Color: Black/Turquoise
    Rear Shock: RP23 Factory Kashima
    Size: Medium

Fork **2012 Fox 36 (spaced to 150mm) FIT RLC 20mm Factory w/ Kashima Coating
    Headset Chris King – **color Blue
    Crankset Shimano XTR (26-38)
    Bottom Bracket **Chris King w/ceramic bearings- color Blue
    Front Der Shimano XTR Direct Mount 10spd
    Rear Der Shimano XTR Shadow Plus SGS 10spd
    Shifters Shimano XTR
    Cassette Shimano XTR 10spd 11-36
    Chain Shimano XTR 10spd
    Wheelset **Industry Nine Enduro Wheelset: I9 Enduro rims, Blue Hubs, Blue spokes.
    Tire front **Scwhalbe Nobby Nic UST 2.4
    Tire rear **Schwalbe Racing Ralph UST 2.25
    Brakes Shimano XTR Trail
    Disk Fr Shimano XTR 180 rotor
    Disk R Shimano XTR 160 rotor
    Handlebar Easton Haven Carbon
    Stem Thomson X4 70-90mm (determined by fit)
    Grips Yeti Lock On or Ergon GA1 (determined by fit)
    Saddle Yeti Rocket V or WTB Pure V (determined by fit)
    Seatpost Thomson Elite
    Seatpost Collar Salsa – **Blue
    Rear Skewer Shimano 12 x 142 mm TA
    Pedals Time ATAC XS Carbon

Approx Weight 27 lbs ???

**Denotes upgrade or change from Standard Kit

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by swade View Post
    Well, I don't have pics since it doesn't exist yet. But I just ordered the following shred sled at my local bike shop tonight. Yes, I went all out on this one.
    Wow, you really did go all out. Looks like it's going to be an awesome, solid build.
    2012 Intense M9
    2008 Look 595

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnozpikr View Post
    Wow, you really did go all out. Looks like it's going to be an awesome, solid build.
    ...and $$$$$ at that. Sounds like about a $7k' build to me.

I'm really diggin' my 32lb, sub $3k, poor man/rowdy SB66 build right now . It handled some big booters on local DH track nicely yesterday and still grinds up +3k' with no hesitation. My kind of "AM" bike
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    There are some awesome builds on here (Dogboy!!) and Rich, that clip of QT had me drooling - 3 mile, Hammies Track and Coronet Peak. Nice work.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Bit of an update. New cranks, chain device, bars and stem.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast