Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1354
    26 for life.

Time for some new forks, Pikes were made for the 66.
    Sent from the future to destroy the past.

mtbr member
    That looks sick and rides even better I am sure

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quick question... I'm picking up a 2013 SB-66a later this week to start building up. What size/type of bottom bracket do I need? I plan on running a standard 2x10 setup.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    It's a standard threaded BB shell (i.e. not a newer style press fit), so any English/GXP type BB will work.

Spring! Spring! Spring!

Yeti SB-66 Build thread

Quote Originally Posted by hugerooster View Post
    It's a standard threaded BB shell (i.e. not a newer style press fit), so any English/GXP type BB will work.
    NOT a wide 83mm or larger one though, just for standard 68/73 shell size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius90 View Post
    My first posting, sb66 carbon with the new mavic st enduro wheel and tyre set. No build issues and just under 31 lbs all up. Xx1 all working well with much better ratios than shimano 10 speed I was running on my SX trailAttachment 814950
    Wow, very nice build! What's the clearance like on the mavic enduro setup? No issues running a 27.5 setup on the 66c?

-edit: oops, just realized the enduro's have a 26" option!

pfb
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Nothing too radical here...

2012 SB-66
    • Race build kit
    • Answer Protaper Carbon 780's, cut to 760mm (*great* upgrade!)
    • Joplin dropper
    • Cheap VP 001 pedals. Finished them off today as they are now smashed and creaking. Just ordered Canfield Crampons
    • Stan's tubeless

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-img_5743-xl.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Hi to everyone
    I Vogt a yeti sb66 2013 and I have just bought a fox rc4 in order to descent better
    If someone have this coil I will appreciate your support
    My details are
    I am 178 pound
    Coil 450x280
    I would Need help for:
    1- pressure
    2- LSC
    3-HSC
    4-rebound
    Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by goyayago View Post
    Hi to everyone
    I Vogt a yeti sb66 2013 and I have just bought a fox rc4 in order to descent better
    If someone have this coil I will appreciate your support
    My details are
    I am 178 pound
    Coil 450x280
    I would Need help for:
    1- pressure
    2- LSC
    3-HSC
    4-rebound
    Thanks in advance
    I would start with a 350# coil. 450# is a lot of coil for your weight, you probably won't be able to preload it properly.

For boost pressure I would start at 125 and move up form there depending on preference. The rest is something you're going to have to set by feel/

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by smellurfingers View Post
    I would start with a 350# coil. 450# is a lot of coil for your weight, you probably won't be able to preload it properly.

For boost pressure I would start at 125 and move up form there depending on preference. The rest is something you're going to have to set by feel/
    Just to be sure ( don't spend more money)
    Do you have the same bike or anyone who got it use the same coil?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Just to be sure ( don't spend more money)
    Do you have the same bike or anyone who got it use the same coil?
    I have the same bike and the same coil.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    is extrange yesterday with my coil, 450 kg, when i jumped and drop i used all the shox and reach the botton with 7 click from open HSC . is usuall if the shox is as you said too much for me .
    my psi is 140

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Is it 450KG or LBS? Either way, sounds like you're stoked.

Member of The Yeti Tribe

Re: Yeti SB-66 Build thread

Here is my beater. She gets used and abused. 170mm RC2DH lyrik Old XT groupo, DT wheels with specialized butchers, enve bar, command post, and 5th element rear shock. Daddy has the nice clean 66c that is dialed. Will post pics of his someday.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by swan3609; 08-26-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    Stop this Derailleur Madness!!.... De-Rail-er

See what the God of bikes has to say about it..

mtbr member
    So do I but 2011 Yeti.

I have a 550 coil ( I'm 6'6" 230 )

I left High and Low speed compression default. I just played with the rebound to where I like it and added a bit of pressure to the boost chamber and I turned my bottom out dial up one click out of 4.

I just rode my favorite trail that has jumps a few times in a row and played with it until I liked it. By default it was rebounding way to much and pogo'ing me on landings. Fixed that and it was bottoming out way to easy.. so added a bit of pressure and turning the bottom out dial fixed that. Now its great for me.
    2011 Yeti SB-66 XL Fox Float 36, Fox DHX RC4
    Yeti SB-66 Gallery

mtbr member
    goyayago here are my DHX RC4 settings. Sorry for the slow reply I know you pm'd be on pinkbike. Dialing in low speed compression and rebound is pretty easy if you have some decent humps or undulation in your trail. You want it to compress smoothly too much compression and you won't get any cushion but not enough and the rear suspension will feel soft. You will want slower rebound if your getting a pogo effect and the suspension tries to bounce you back up after a hit. I am terrible at explaining this stuff but you might get what I am saying.

High speed compression is trickier to dial in from my experience but once you get it right your golden. It really only comes into play on very rough sections of trail or over a lot of rocks/roots in fast succession. Hope that will get you on your way. Trial and error always works too. I hope I didn't confuse anyone too much haha.

Rider Weight - 130lbs in Gear
    Spring - 300lbs
    HSC - Full Soft Negative
    LSC - 6 Clicks Positive
    Rebound - 5 Clicks Slower
    Bottom Out - Full Negative
    Boost Valve - 125psi

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by adamkob32 View Post
    goyayago here are my DHX RC4 settings. Sorry for the slow reply I know you pm'd be on pinkbike. Dialing in low speed compression and rebound is pretty easy if you have some decent humps or undulation in your trail. You want it to compress smoothly too much compression and you won't get any cushion but not enough and the rear suspension will feel soft. You will want slower rebound if your getting a pogo effect and the suspension tries to bounce you back up after a hit. I am terrible at explaining this stuff but you might get what I am saying.

High speed compression is trickier to dial in from my experience but once you get it right your golden. It really only comes into play on very rough sections of trail or over a lot of rocks/roots in fast succession. Hope that will get you on your way. Trial and error always works too. I hope I didn't confuse anyone too much haha.

Rider Weight - 130lbs in Gear
    Spring - 300lbs
    HSC - Full Soft Negative
    LSC - 6 Clicks Positive
    Rebound - 5 Clicks Slower
    Bottom Out - Full Negative
    Boost Valve - 125psi
    Thanks to all explanation everything helps me to improve my settings
    The only thing that drives me crazy is the kg of the coil ( everyone has different opinion of what I should ride, 350, 400.etc)

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Thanks to all explanation everything helps me to improve my settings
    The only thing that drives me crazy is the kg of the coil ( everyone has different opinion of what I should ride, 350, 400.etc)
    Hard part is changing the spring, but it seems to me that you just need to find the spring weight where the % sag is right, whatever that is. You could plug numbers into an online spring calculator (like this one) to get a start though. I've used it in the past and it's been close. YMMV though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Loving all these purdy colors, I hope yeti adds more colors for the carbon frames.
    Switzerland doesn't need a bike park, Switzerland is a bike park.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Greetings! I just took delivery of my 2013 SB66! Its just a basic Enduro build, but thats more than enough for me right now! Taking my first ride this weekend. Stayed away from the SB95 after a test run in Salida a couple months ago... Great bike but turned too slow for me. Messing around with the 66 in my neighborhood I can already tell it'll be quick and lively!

Got a smoking hot deal on it from Competitive Cyclist Oh and bought some Crank Brothers Mallet 3 pedals which i'm in love with so far!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Yeti SB-66 Build thread

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Hi! I plan to order a 2014 SB66 soon, but first I'd like to ask for your opinion. I am 6' (183 cm) in height and am considering to buy a Medium frame (instead of a Large frame), since I intend to mainly use it for technical trail rides. So, what do you think, is a Medium too small? And does anyone of you who is about 6' ride a Medium frame? Thanks a lot

(I know there are some posts on this issue already, but I'd like to get some more opinions anyway.)

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by leoloden View Post
    Hi! I plan to order a 2014 SB66 soon, but first I'd like to ask for your opinion. I am 6' (183 cm) in height and am considering to buy a Medium frame (instead of a Large frame), since I intend to mainly use it for technical trail rides. So, what do you think, is a Medium too small? And does anyone of you who is about 6' ride a Medium frame? Thanks a lot

(I know there are some posts on this issue already, but I'd like to get some more opinions anyway.)
    And here are some additional info on my size:
    I have quite long legs (a 35" inseam or 89 cm) as compared to my torso (trunk is 24" or 61 cm). Looking forward to your suggestions! :-)

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    And here are some additional info on my size:
    I have quite long legs (a 35" inseam or 89 cm) as compared to my torso (trunk is 24" or 61 cm). Looking forward to your suggestions! :-)
    I'm 6' tall as well, but I have 32" inseam and ride a Large frame. It fits me nicely and turns very quick. I'd stick with the large if I were you, but i'm not you lol

Greystoke

I'm 6' tall with 34" inseam & ride a medium, couldn't be happier.

If you can't demo one, go take a look at all the bikes you've owned /ridden & liked the fit.
    I had a brief demo but also took reach, stack, wheel base, effective top & seat tube measurements of all the bikes I've owned & liked.
    All were labelled large, but the medium in the SB66 was closer to what I prefer.

Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast