Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1421
    mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I just used mine this week, just went for a Blackspire Stinger, fitted and works a treat although will give it a proper run at the weekend. I think it fits better using the ISCG.

Mr. Knowitall
    BB mount is a halfway solution when you have no ISCG. Not really holding things well in place.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yboc View Post
    Hey guys, I'm going to be getting my first bike next spring and I'm leaning towards an SB66 right now. I'm trying to come up with a build for one, but I don't know much about all the components yet so I need some help. I'm 6'2, 200lbs and looking to do basic AM with both climbing and descending and my budget is $4000. The frame locally is $1700 so I'm trying to figure out what sort of build I can do for $2300. Anyone willing to help me get an idea?
    Have you considered going with a stock build? They are are hard to beat for value. Those dont suit folks with strong feelings about many individual components, but that doesn't sound like you (yet). I just got the Enduro plus and aside from the wheels and crank I'm fine with the spec considering the cost. The crank I was able to swap out at no cost, and I'm guessing the wheel upgrade will cost me about $200 (selling stock wheels and buying what I want). Just a thought. Not as fun as picking out each part, but for a given budget you might end up ahead.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I´am looking for a headset for my sb-66 I can use for my frame? I have the Fox F36 Float R 160 fork.

http://fourpence.net
    Jun 2009
    Chris King InSet 2 Headset

Will fit a treat assuming your forks have a tapered steerer...

Just Ride!!!!!
    When you guys got your frames, did you re-torque all the pivot axle bolts, pinch bolts, etc to 90-in/lbs? That seems awfully lot, no? I would think 70-in/lbs would be enough.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mecam View Post
    When you guys got your frames, did you re-torque all the pivot axle bolts, pinch bolts, etc to 90-in/lbs? That seems awfully lot, no? I would think 70-in/lbs would be enough.
    I wonder if the Torque values seeming higher than expected to you perhaps may be attributed to some of the fasteners being Titanium?

Yet there are no changes between the manuals (2011-2013) as far as torque values are concerned on the SB66

Just Ride!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by drbelleville View Post
    I wonder if the Torque values seeming higher than expected to you perhaps may be attributed to some of the fasteners being Titanium?

Yet there are no changes between the manuals (2011-2013) as far as torque values are concerned on the SB66
    I broke two of the Titanium M6x1x12mm shock bolts already torquing them at 90in/lbs so I just torque them at 70in/lbs. Many other SB66 owners have broke the same screws also and some have switched to stainless steel. I'm just wondering if the specified 90in/lbs on the manual is really mandatory.

-

mtbr member
    Finally finished up my SB66. Weight came in at 31lbs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Bike all done, no more upgrades (we all know that's not true). X-Post All Mountain.

mtbr member
    So just want to verify that I have the rear hyrolic line run correctly. I was just going over the bike now after the first ride on Sunday and noticed some markings on the Switch piece. The line also had some rubbings on it. Is this normal, is there a better way to run that line?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by adamkob32 View Post
    ... I was just going over the bike now after the first ride on Sunday and noticed some markings on the Switch piece. The line also had some rubbings on it. Is this normal, is there a better way to run that line?
    I have a hard time imagining a better hose routing, but had the same problem on my SB95.

My fix was to zip-tie the hose to the vertical member of the rear triangle, so it wouldn't move at all.

Ugly, but no more rub.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Long time lurker, first time poster. I demo'd a SB66c with full XTR and Fox 34 fork before building my bike. After the demo I knew I wanted a SB66 but didn't have $7000+ for the carbon xtr version. I was able to build mine for about $4000. Everything on it was new and I got the fork second hand but it was a takeoff from a new bike and the steer tube was uncut.

This was my first bike build and I was able to put everything together without any professional help other than youtube videos. I bought the frame from Competitive Cyclist (on special for $1760 with CTD shock) and most of the parts from Jenson. A lot of the parts were discounted b/c they didn't include original packaging so that helped on the price a lot.

Frame - Size Large (color is white)
    Headset - Cane Creek (installed by CC before shipping)
    Fork - Fox Float 150
    Shock - Fox CTD
    Wheels - 2012 Mavic Crossmax ST
    Brakes - XTR Race
    Rotors - XT Ice Tech (160 r and 180 f)
    Shifters - XTR
    Cranks - 2x10 XT
    Cassette - 10 spd XT
    Chain - XT
    Front and Rear Derailleur - XT
    Bars - Easton Vice
    Stem - 70mm Thompson
    Seatpost - Easton Vice
    Seat - WTB
    Pedals - CB Eggbeaters
    Grips - Yeti Logo ODI
    Tires - 2.35 Nevegal front / 2.2 WTB Velociraptor rear

I'm installing a Bionicon V.02 chain guide this weekend and will report back on how it performs. Sorry for the crappy pic but I haven't had a chance to take some good ones. I have about 5 rides on the bike and I'm very happy with it. My last bike was a 2009 Fuel EX 8 that I owned for 3 years so that's all I really have to compare it to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yeti SB-66 Build thread-photo.jpg  

Last edited by mblittle; 02-14-2013 at 02:10 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Has anyone used a chainstay protector or tape to protect the painted part of the upper and lower chainstay on the drive side? My chain doesn't cause a problem but sometimes the sole of my shoe will rub and it's surprisingly hard to get the scuff marks off especially on white paint. My temporary solution is to wrap black electrical tape around the area where my shoe rubs.

Rides a Bike

Frameskin can help there

Yes, in fact I developed a kit that protects the frame from this exact issue (boot scuffing and other general chips/scrapes etc). Cheers Alan

Quote Originally Posted by mblittle View Post
    Has anyone used a chainstay protector or tape to protect the painted part of the upper and lower chainstay on the drive side? My chain doesn't cause a problem but sometimes the sole of my shoe will rub and it's surprisingly hard to get the scuff marks off especially on white paint. My temporary solution is to wrap black electrical tape around the area where my shoe rubs.
    Frameskin™ Bike Protection Film
    Protect your plaything!
    www.frameskin.com
    Supporting Kowalski Brothers Trailworks

Rides a Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by mblittle View Post
    I'm installing a Bionicon V.02 chain guide this weekend and will report back on how it performs.
    That would be great, as I am thinking of carrying this product and was interested to see what people thought of it. Alan
    Frameskin™ Bike Protection Film
    Protect your plaything!
    www.frameskin.com
    Supporting Kowalski Brothers Trailworks

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishboy2807 View Post
    That would be great, as I am thinking of carrying this product and was interested to see what people thought of it. Alan
    I've been using the Bionicon since June when I got my '95 and like it. It's not what I call "DH" worthy - I just don't think it's up to that level of (ab)use, but as an XC/AM device I think it's good.

I have an MRP XCG bash on my machine on the ISCG tabs, I like that they're separate, but if I get into much enduro/superD racing I would not be surprised to need a more solid tensioner/guide.

mtbr member
    Just got done with the mid-winter tear down and rebuild here, upgraded to XT Shadow+ rear and a Fox DHX RC4 coil (300lb) in the process. I wish it would get a little better around here for a ride. Hoping on getting out on Monday to try out the new goods. Current weight now is 32 lbs and with a 120lb rider I'm pretty happy with that.

--Adam

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Nice build. The DHX-RC4 makes the SB66 so good it's silly.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    ill be buying a double barrel air pretty soon to replace that rp23. just am not getting at all the ride i want out of that thing.

Ride TAS
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by treestump View Post
    Bike all done, no more upgrades (we all know that's not true). X-Post All Mountain.

I have seen your bike out and about a couple of times and that trail you are about to go down at Kate Reed is awesome for this type of bike. Mine is set up a bit different but rips the new trail at Trevallyn.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by morebravo View Post
    I have seen your bike out and about a couple of times and that trail you are about to go down at Kate Reed is awesome for this type of bike. Mine is set up a bit different but rips the new trail at Trevallyn.
    Yeah awesome. There aren't many of them around here. Have you got one of the other black ones from Sprung? It works pretty well for the trails around here, wish I had a set of Fox 34s though! What are you running on yours?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Anyone have experience on the carbon version? I've ridden one twice now and really have a good time on it. Any noticeable differences?

And also, I've browsed through a few pages and it looks like most are ~30lbs mark. Any builds get any lower than 30?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Long Long time lurker

but heres mine !

Yeti SB-66A

Frame, Fork & Shock
    Frame: Yeti SB-66A (Large) Turquiose
    Fork: Fox 34 Float 150 FIT CTD w/Trail Adjust
    Rear Shock: Fox RP23 w/Kashima (8.5"x2.5")

Drivetrain
    Crankset: Shimano XTR M980 175mm
    Bottom Bracket: Shimano XTR
    Chainrings: Shimano XTR 33T
    Chain: KMC X10SL Gold
    Pedals: Shimano XTR M985 Trail
    Front Derailleur: cSixx HD XC Guide
    Rear Derailleur: SRAM X0 Type2 10spd (med cage)
    Rear Shifter: SRAM X0 10x Trigger
    Cassette: Shimano XT M771 10spd (11-36T)
    Gear Cable: Jagwire L3

Brakeset
    Brakes: Shimano XT M785
    Adapters: Shimano F180P/P2
    Rotors : Shimano XT RT86 Ice-Tech 6-Bolt 180F/160R

Controls
    Handlebar: Azonic World Force 2" Riser
    Grip: Generic Blue Lock-on
    Stem: Thomson X4 (70 x 0o)
    Headset: Cane Creek Forty
    Saddle: WTB Rocket V Titanium
    Seat Post: Thomson Masterpiece Inline 30.9 x 350mm