Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 ... LastLast
Results 926 to 950 of 1366
  1. #926
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7
    Good news, thanks. Carbon, congrats I'm jealous. It was out of my price range though.

    Matt

  2. #927
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeboardorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    205
    Has anyone spent time with both the 150 34 and the 150 32? I was quite disappointed with the stiffness (or lack thereof) of the 32 after coming off of a 36.

  3. #928
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    31
    thanks LEIF for the info.
    I can't believe I didn't say this earlier... NICE BIKE!
    Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

  4. #929
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2
    Hey everyone, new here and just recently purchased the sb-66 xo/x9 package. Absolutely love how the bike rides an handles but i just find the handle bars to be a little to wide, it came with the Easton Haven CF 720mm handlebars. I would like to buy another bars that are shorter in width but i at the same time not compromise the ride quality or the whole geometry of this bike. What would u guys recommend. Thanks again

  5. #930
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CLAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    162

    Cut'em

    Quote Originally Posted by jMac5 View Post
    Hey everyone, new here and just recently purchased the sb-66 xo/x9 package. Absolutely love how the bike rides an handles but i just find the handle bars to be a little to wide, it came with the Easton Haven CF 720mm handlebars. I would like to buy another bars that are shorter in width but i at the same time not compromise the ride quality or the whole geometry of this bike. What would u guys recommend. Thanks again
    I'd recommend cutting the bars that you have. If you don't have to the tools to do it at home, take it to your local shop and they can do it for you. It will be much cheaper than buying a new set of bars.

  6. #931
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DJ Giggity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by jMac5 View Post
    Hey everyone, new here and just recently purchased the sb-66 xo/x9 package. Absolutely love how the bike rides an handles but i just find the handle bars to be a little to wide, it came with the Easton Haven CF 720mm handlebars. I would like to buy another bars that are shorter in width but i at the same time not compromise the ride quality or the whole geometry of this bike. What would u guys recommend. Thanks again
    The Havens are some of the nicest bars out there. No need to upgrade there. Give them a bit of time before cutting. You can't go back once you cut them and 720mm is not that wide.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

  7. #932
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAW View Post
    I'd recommend cutting the bars that you have. If you don't have to the tools to do it at home, take it to your local shop and they can do it for you. It will be much cheaper than buying a new set of bars.
    Thought about cutting it man but i wasnt sure if it was safe to do in regards to the bar becoming weak when cut. Anyways, how much do i cut in the sides if was going to cut it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Giggity View Post
    The Havens are some of the nicest bars out there. No need to upgrade there. Give them a bit of time before cutting. You can't go back once you cut them and 720mm is not that wide.
    Good point too man cuz iv only ridden it once ur certainly right about not being able to go back once its cut

    Thanks again

  8. #933
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,538
    Quote Originally Posted by jMac5 View Post
    Hey everyone, new here and just recently purchased the sb-66 xo/x9 package. Absolutely love how the bike rides an handles but i just find the handle bars to be a little to wide, it came with the Easton Haven CF 720mm handlebars. I would like to buy another bars that are shorter in width but i at the same time not compromise the ride quality or the whole geometry of this bike. What would u guys recommend. Thanks again
    Haven's are 711mm not 720mm
    http://www.eastoncycling.com/en-us/m...n/haven-carbon

  9. #934
    Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,330
    My advice is to slide the grips/brakes/etc in-board 1.4" at a time to find the sweet spot you are looking for, before cutting or replacing. The Yeti lock-on (and any lock-on grip for that matter) really make this easy. Just don't poke yourself with the protruding bar.

  10. #935
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    83
    I've finally finished the built I wanted for my SB66!


    Frame: Medium Yeti SB-66 White
    Fork: Fox 34 160mm Talas CTD
    Shock: Fox Float CTD
    Headset: Chris King Inset 2
    Stem: Thomson X4 50mm
    Bars: Easton Havoc Carbon 750mm
    Post: Thomson Masterpiece 30.9mm
    Seatpot Clamp: Thomson Seatpost Collar 34.9
    Seat: Yeti Team Devo WTB Saddle
    Brakes: Shimano XTR Trail BL-M988 (F/R)
    Rear Shifter: Shimano XTR i-Spec
    Cranks: Shimano XTR Trail M980
    Chainring: Shimano Saint 36T
    Chainguide: e*Thirteen TRS+
    Chain: Shimano XTR CN-M980
    Cassette: Shimano XTR CS-M980 11-36T
    Rear Der. Shimano XTR RD-M985 Shadow Plus
    Wheels: DT Swiss Tricon XM1550
    Axle Kit: 12x142mm Shimano M988 Thru Axle w/ Yeti X12 Chipset
    Pedals: Shimano XTR PD-M985
    Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 Front & Maxxis Ikon 2.2 Rear w/ Tubeless Kit
    Extras: Yeti Frame Protectors, Yeti Grips


  11. #936
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by kickbike View Post
    I've finally finished the built I wanted for my SB66!


    Frame: Medium Yeti SB-66 White
    Fork: Fox 34 160mm Talas CTD
    Shock: Fox Float CTD
    Headset: Chris King Inset 2
    Stem: Thomson X4 50mm
    Bars: Easton Havoc Carbon 750mm
    Post: Thomson Masterpiece 30.9mm
    Seatpot Clamp: Thomson Seatpost Collar 34.9
    Seat: Yeti Team Devo WTB Saddle
    Brakes: Shimano XTR Trail BL-M988 (F/R)
    Rear Shifter: Shimano XTR i-Spec
    Cranks: Shimano XTR Trail M980
    Chainring: Shimano Saint 36T
    Chainguide: e*Thirteen TRS+
    Chain: Shimano XTR CN-M980
    Cassette: Shimano XTR CS-M980 11-36T
    Rear Der. Shimano XTR RD-M985 Shadow Plus
    Wheels: DT Swiss Tricon XM1550
    Axle Kit: 12x142mm Shimano M988 Thru Axle w/ Yeti X12 Chipset
    Pedals: Shimano XTR PD-M985
    Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 Front & Maxxis Ikon 2.2 Rear w/ Tubeless Kit
    Extras: Yeti Frame Protectors, Yeti Grips

    Hi there,
    Mind sharing where on earth did you get that Yeti Devo saddle? I've been searching hi and lo for it The Yeti Rocket Vs are easily available online but is too large for my liking.
    Thanks.

  12. #937
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxyserv View Post
    Hi there,
    Mind sharing where on earth did you get that Yeti Devo saddle? I've been searching hi and lo for it The Yeti Rocket Vs are easily available online but is too large for my liking.
    Thanks.
    Those are Team Only! got it from a friend who knows a guy...who race for...the same story!

  13. #938
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by kickbike View Post
    Those are Team Only! got it from a friend who knows a guy...who race for...the same story!
    Ahhh...you've got connections
    BTW, nice build

  14. #939
    Longing for dirt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20
    Nice build Kickbike! Hiw much does your bike weigh?

  15. #940
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    68

    Cool-blue Rhythm My SB66c

    EDIT: Moved this post to the carbon build forum:

    SB66 Carbon build thread - Page 10 - Mtbr Forums
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by m1neral; 08-28-2012 at 07:09 PM.

  16. #941
    Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,330
    m1neral, I love that picture, that's great stuff!

  17. #942
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dazzler2409's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    120
    Bear +1
    Steed: Yeti SB-66

    Support the Air Ambulance service in your region you never know when you might need it...

  18. #943
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_soma View Post
    Nice build Kickbike! Hiw much does your bike weigh?
    no idea, I'll get it for you

  19. #944
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bubbolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2

    My SB66

    This is my first post here, my name is Jacopo and i'm from Italy

    Here you are my SB66 just after a ride in Monte Morello, the mountain near Florence (Italy), it's not clean, but i love it

    Frame: Small
    Ammo: RS Monarch Plus RC3
    Headset: Cane Creek tapered
    Fork: RS Lyrik Air DH, 170mm, maybe one day i'll try it at 160mm
    Stem: Funn Funduro black, 45mm
    Bar: Funn Fatboy orange cut a 730mm
    Commands: Shimano XT
    Brakes: Formula R1
    Disk: Alligator 180-160
    Crankset: Shimano XTR, 165mm, 26/38
    Pedals: Shimano XTR Trail
    Der: Shimano XTR
    Rear der: Shimano XTR
    Cogs: Shimano XT 11/36 10v
    Wheelset: Crank Iodine black/orange
    Seatpost: Blacx Jewel AM 110mm
    Saddle: SDG Duster Ti white/grey
    Grips: Yeti of course
    Other stuff: E-Thirteen Heim chain guide; FRM 142mm rear axle (replace the heavy Shimano, it weights 47 gr less); vintage Crud Catcher as down tube protection

    Weight is 13,9 Kg with Maxxis High Roller LUST 2,35 and Stan sealant

    Happy riding !

    Cheers
    Jacopo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yeti SB-66 Build thread-sb66_a.jpg  


  20. #945
    I Like Bicycles
    Reputation: Thimk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    611




    #1 Norco Aurum LE
    #2 Yeti SB-66
    #3 Evil Sovereign

  21. #946
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbnozpikr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,684
    I really like your color scheme a lot. Nice job on a good looking build.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

  22. #947
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dazzler2409's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    120

    Not one the same...



    Great rides Bubblo and Thimk. Amazing how unique all our builds are!!!

    Got mine finally finished to orginal custom spec I ordered. Has took some time to get the white rims, chain device, correct chain rings and 12/142 axle & mounts sorted but they got there in the end. Its like getting a new bike since I have been riding with wrong (black) wheels and without other bits mentioned.
    Steed: Yeti SB-66

    Support the Air Ambulance service in your region you never know when you might need it...

  23. #948
    http://fourpence.net
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    55
    There's some excellent custom builds in here!

    How are you healing up Dazzler?

    Mine is finally built and ready! I'm a very happy man. Weighing in at just under 31lb and burly enough for the DH runs.





    Frame: Medium
    Shock: Cane Creek Double Barrel Air
    Headset: Chris King
    Fork: 2013 Fox 34 Float CTD 160mm
    Stem: Easton Havoc 35 (50mm)
    Bar: Easton Havoc 35 Carbon
    Shifter: Shimano XTR
    Brakes: Shimano Saint & XT Ice-tech Rotors
    Crankset: Shimano XTR, 165mm, w/ 34t Gamut Race Ring
    Chain Guide: MRP G2 SL
    Pedals: Crank Brothers Candy
    Rear Der: Shimano Saint w/ Clutch
    Cassette: Shimano XT 11/34 10SPD
    Wheelset: Mavic Crossmax ST
    Tyres: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.3 (Front), Maxxis Ardent 2.3 Lust (Rear) - Both Tubeless
    Seatpost: RockShox Reverb
    Saddle: Specialized Phenom Expert
    Grips: ODI
    Cables: Gore Ride On (Gear) & Goodridge (Brakes)

  24. #949
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dazzler2409's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    120
    Thats the dogs-do-dah's BZ!!!! A lot of peeps will be interested in the CCDB performance as much written on its progressive nature.

    I am doing great thanks, fitness and climbing is well ahead of pre-broken leg levels, descents are just about back on track after gaining confidence and getting used to SB. It is an amazing machine and only just having got suspension (FR & RR) dialled I am just starting to really reap the benefits. I had both ends to firm and slowly reduced spring rate and compression. Loving the levels of control and flow the bike gives. It feels so composed is best way to describe it.

    How you fettled? How you finding the SB?
    Steed: Yeti SB-66

    Support the Air Ambulance service in your region you never know when you might need it...

  25. #950
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dazzler2409's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    120
    oh and how do you make your SB stand up????
    Steed: Yeti SB-66

    Support the Air Ambulance service in your region you never know when you might need it...

Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yeti Build / Pics Thread Index
    By crisillo in forum Yeti
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 4 Weeks Ago, 11:47 AM
  2. Yeti 575 2010 build Sram xo build
    By britishboy in forum Yeti
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 04:28 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 04:46 AM
  4. Full build pictures of Yeti SS and Yeti FR bike
    By ryan_daugherty in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 03:23 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-13-2007, 03:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •