Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,850 of 1903
    mtbr member
    A cheaper upgrade is the Vorsprung Corset that's already been discussed in the thread. I've run one for the last half of this season on a '14 66 aluminum. It took a bit to get it dialed in, but I'm really happy with it. Not sure I've noticed more small bumb, but definitely more support generally and mid-stroke particularly. The downside of a little more sag when seated pedaling is there, but a worthwhile tradeoff for me. I actually don't think the damper in my rp23 is that bad, so the bigger air sleeve has been a good upgrade. Probably not quite as good as a whole new shock, but way cheaper.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by emeterio View Post
    How does the bike feels with the monarch compared to the rp23 ? I just want to change rear shock but doesn't know if the upgrade will be good.
    I had the CTD before this, not the rp23. The monarch is much more linear and plush feeling, though bottom outs have somehow been less of an issue than with the CTD. The added plushness definitely lead to a bit more pedal bob than the CTD but still a great climber. I'm very happy with it

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by agleck7 View Post
    I actually don't think the damper in my rp23 is that bad, so the bigger air sleeve has been a good upgrade. .
    Correction, i have the '14 CTD damper with the corset not the rp23

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Just installed the new Fox can on my CTD. Running 180-190 psi still very plush. I like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yeti SB-66 Build thread-image2-copy-2-.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-image1-copy.jpg  

mtbr member
    Any more details on this? First I hear of it. Part# , improvements , benefits etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixnr View Post
    Any more details on this? First I hear of it. Part# , improvements , benefits etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vorsprung Corset Air Sleeve ? Vorsprung Suspension

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    So I switched my DBAir for a Monarch Debonair and the bike feels so plush! I don't usually like to flip levers but I tried using switch the Firm setting when climbing and it made a noticeable difference. My DBAir doesn't have a climb switch and now I'm pretty sure it's due for a rebuild based how the bike rides with the Monarch. I've only gone on one ride with the Monarch but now I'm able to pump the bike a lot better and get a nice pop off lips/kickers, plus it's much more predictable coming off jumps. Overall a great shock. Mine has the M/M tune although I wasn't able to get full travel since I had to put 230psi to get 30% sag.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by matadorCE View Post
    So I switched my DBAir for a Monarch Debonair and the bike feels so plush! I don't usually like to flip levers but I tried using switch the Firm setting when climbing and it made a noticeable difference. My DBAir doesn't have a climb switch and now I'm pretty sure it's due for a rebuild based how the bike rides with the Monarch. I've only gone on one ride with the Monarch but now I'm able to pump the bike a lot better and get a nice pop off lips/kickers, plus it's much more predictable coming off jumps. Overall a great shock. Mine has the M/M tune although I wasn't able to get full travel since I had to put 230psi to get 30% sag.
    Could be because the DBAir is in need of rebuild, but I have seen several people on this thread who were really underwhelmed by how the DBAir performs on this bike. I haven't seen any negative feedback with the monarch plus yet... Not to say the DBAir isn't a phenomenal shock! Just maybe not for our sb66

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by matadorCE View Post
    How much are you weighing in at ?

I'm on 210psi with 2 bands, 12 clicks of rebound, 30% sag @ 200 pound rtr, and i've got a low tune, still can't use all the travel, using 56 mm of the 63 mm shaft.

i don't want any more sag, tried it, peddling was average and it wallowed a bit in the first 1/3 of the travel.

i feel like i need less high speed rebound damping, but the low speed feels good, getting a flexy feeling deep in the travel when pushing hard into corners, could be shitty old ardent side wall on the back.

More bands and I will use less travel, but don't want to run more sag/less air.

Going to have to try i little less air and maybe one more band.

Still plusher and way more grip than with the stock ctd with a volume spacer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by t8500 View Post

I'm on 210psi with 2 bands, 12 clicks of rebound, 30% sag @ 200 pound rtr, and i've got a low tune, still can't use all the travel, using 56 mm of the 63 mm shaft.

i don't want any more sag, tried it, peddling was average and it wallowed a bit in the first 1/3 of the travel.

i feel like i need less high speed rebound damping, but the low speed feels good, getting a flexy feeling deep in the travel when pushing hard into corners, could be shitty old ardent side wall on the back.

Sounds like you should start by pulling 1 band with the same 210 psi

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SB666 View Post
    Could be because the DBAir is in need of rebuild, but I have seen several people on this thread who were really underwhelmed by how the DBAir performs on this bike. I haven't seen any negative feedback with the monarch plus yet... Not to say the DBAir isn't a phenomenal shock! Just maybe not for our sb66
    Hard to say with the DBAir in its current state. I really like all the adjustments of the DBAir, and it felt like it really didn't need a climb switch since you can tune the LSC but something is not right with the rebound since I can't slow it down enough to not feel like bucking me off without packing the rear end. I picked up this barely used Monarch for almost the same price as getting the DBAir rebuilt, so it was a no-brainer in my book considering all the positive feedback about it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by t8500 View Post

I'm about 230 geared up so not light. I put in 225psi in the shock and got it to 30% sag. Less air and it feel like rear end is sagging, although left about an inch of unused travel even after trying some small jumps. There is no way to tune the high speed compression, so if I have to leave some travel on the table with the bike still feeling plush then I'm ok with that.

knobby noob
    Looking to get a used Float X to replace the Float CTD in my '14 SB-66. But the custom ID tune label on it bothers me.

Are all Float X 8.5"x2.5" built the same or should I be looking out for one with a particular (=right?) tune for the SB-66? Thanks.
    2014 Yeti SB-66AC
    2015 Canyon Torque DHX
    2016 Transition Smuggler

mtbr member
    I bought an X (from a SB6C) tune id CTRW and it works very well for me. Having ridden shocks not tuned for similar leverage on my 66, I would NOT purchase a shock without verifying it's tune is similar to "stock".

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Just picked up a new take off Monarch plus RC3 from 2016 nomad. Anybody know the correct hardware to get? looking at Jensons you can get 8x21.8 or 8x22 see link Rockshox Rear Shock Hardware > Components > Forks & Suspension > Service Kits & Parts | Jenson USA. Not sure which to get as I have heard 21.8 and 22 are the standards.
    I would use my old ones from the fox CTD but not thinking I sold it with them. Thanks agian
    2013 Yeti Sb66

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I 're-used the hardware from a cane creek dbair on my Monarch debonair and its 21.8.

mtbr member
    sb66 user guide have the correct size! I don't remember from top of my head, I believe cane creek fir guide will also tell you which hardware to use

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EatsDirt View Post
    I bought an X (from a SB6C) tune id CTRW and it works very well for me. Having ridden shocks not tuned for similar leverage on my 66, I would NOT purchase a shock without verifying it's tune is similar to "stock".
    I spoke to Fox yesterday and asked them about tune above... the guy said it's a standard M/M with a certain (.6?) volume spacer?!? Guess a somewhat stock shock can work ok... Surprised the hell out of me considering the issues I've had trying to dial in shocks on this thing.

mtbr member
    yes,
    I've got my sb66c with M\M tuned float x too.
    it was OK
    but now I run a PUSH Tuned RC4. wowwww its amazing !!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yeti SB-66 Build thread-imag0436.jpgYeti SB-66 Build thread-imag0438.jpg
    Sorry for the bad lighting. Now with Monarch+ Rc3, 185psi with 4 bottomless bands installed. First ride tomorrow.
    2013 Yeti Sb66

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yeti SB-66 Build thread-imag0451-1.jpgYeti SB-66 Build thread-imag0452.jpg Upgraded to XT drivetrain and 32t single ring.
    2013 Yeti Sb66

mtbr member
    Here's a few pics of my SB66. Just finished building it up with a new, leftover frame from competitive cyclist. So far, i'm loving this bike!

2013 SB66 M
    Stans flows
    MRP stage 160mm
    X01 DH 10spd derailleur
    X0 shifter & crank w. 28t NSB ring
    XT cassette & chain
    Zee brakes 180/203
    KS supernatural 75mm dropper
    Maxxis Tomahawk 2.3 exo R & Griffin 2.4 sticky F
    Other misc crap...

14 Process 111DL
    15 Process 134DL
    16 Process 153DL
    16 Honzo DL

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ATXZJ View Post
    Here's a few pics of my SB66. Just finished building it up with a new, leftover frame from competitive cyclist. So far, i'm loving this bike!

2013 SB66 M
    Stans flows
    MRP stage 160mm
    X01 DH 10spd derailleur
    X0 shifter & crank w. 28t NSB ring
    XT cassette & chain
    Zee brakes 180/203
    KS supernatural 75mm dropper
    Maxxis Tomahawk 2.3 exo R & Griffin 2.4 sticky F
    Other misc crap...

The MRP looks rad! Sb66 and process 111 is a solid quiver, I am on an sb66 and a honzo!

mtbr member
    The MRP looks rad! Sb66 and process 111 is a solid quiver, I am on an sb66 and a honzo!
    Thanks, it's been a great fork once i started getting it dialed in.

forgot to add the bike weighs 30.55 lbs w/o pedals. not bad considering it has a dropper and a freakin wire bead DH tire up front
    14 Process 111DL
    15 Process 134DL
    16 Process 153DL
    16 Honzo DL

mtbr member
    Latest version. Surprisingly, I'm struggling to find my next upgrade.

mtbr member
    What's the largest tire you can fit on an aluminum sb66? 2.4 maxxis is fine, but thinking about going wider this winter since I can swing a fattie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I got out of whitewater kayaking (mostly because I'd rather spend my free time riding) and sold a bunch of gear, so bike upgrade time!

Swapped the Reverb off my fatbike (DOSS works better on really cold fatbike days) and installed a Monarch + Debonair. Also have a Pike waiting to be installed, then going to bump the Lyrik back to 170 and put it on my backup/park bike. Thinking about getting a new wheelset too, maybe turquoise I9 hubs with Flow EX rims.

mtbr member
    Hey dudes and dudettes, I'm looking to get my mitts on a size Large SB66 frame (preferably the 2014 AC model, not too fussy though). If anyone's looking to sell their frame hit me up. Thanks y'all!

mtbr member
    @dangerous e I am going to be selling my 2014 large sb66. I was trying to pm you but didn't find it.

mtbr member
    @Jmp450, PM sent. Thanks!

mtbr member
    I took a chance on white with the Pike, since I've got a white stem and the white yeti logo on the top tube. I still think I would have preferred black, but I was able to score a brand new white Pike for $340. I'll be riding the fatty for the foreseeable future though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    So my SB-66a and I parted ways and i to someone else who hopefully rides it a lot more than I had the time to. It's only been a day but I still feel torn about selling it since I finally had it dialed in, but overall the 66 never fully meshed and I still personally prefer my Bronson. The fit coupled with the maintenance costs (bearings and Switch link) were enough to decide to not keep it in the long run.

Overall, i'll forever have a soft spot for Yeti bikes and the SB-66. Best of luck to you guys that keep this bike shredding the trails!

mtbr member
    My bad.

mtbr member
    ^ That would be SPAM. Put it in the classifieds per the rules.

mtbr member
    Done for a while. Just had the I9/Flow wheelset built at Colorado Cyclist.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Also done for awhile, new hope pro4/WTB i25 wheelset thanks to chain reaction cycles. Yeti SB-66 Build thread-imag0496.jpgYeti SB-66 Build thread-imag0498.jpgYeti SB-66 Build thread-imag0501.jpg
    2013 Yeti Sb66

mtbr member
    So, what do people's bikes weigh?

31ish?

I ride a L aluminum, XT, dropper, DT/STAN'S wheels, 2.4 highrollers, fox 34, monarch plus.... blah blah

Bike ain't light, but goes like hell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    My small is just under 34 with a coil Vengeance, Vivid Air and heavy tires. It rocks my works though!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2012
    My SB66c is 13.1 kg (28,9 pound) with
    RS Pike 160 solo air
    Float X CTD shox
    Crossmax ST wheels
    RS Reverb
    1x11 SRAM XX1 drivetrain

mtbr member
    I originally bought my sb66 new last summer at deeply discounted rate. As awesome as the bike was stock, after some heavy customization, this thing absolutely RIPS! 26 ain't dead!

Had the bike apart recently to re-grease all linkage bearings, feels brand new!

The upgrade list:
    New XT m8000 11 speed cassette, RD and shifter
    Absolute Black 30t ring
    KS Lev Ti 125mm dropper with southpaw trigger
    RS Monarch plus debonair (M/L tune taken off a Nomad)
    RS Pike 160mm with new 2016 Charger internals
    Crank Bros 53mm stem
    ENVE HDH bars cut to 780

Blown away by this bike every time I ride it!Attachment 1020420Attachment 1020421Attachment 1020422
    SB, what is your configuration on your crank install? I have the factory cap (since no chain guide) and one 2.5mm spacer on crank side.

But my chainline looks as if it could be improved by moving the spacer to the non-drive side.

kik
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    My new wheelset:
    • Spank Oozy Tl295
    • DT Swiss 350, with 36T ratchet
    • Sapim D-Light Spokes

Weight:1733g with Spank Tape

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-img_0002.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I built up a 2013 XL last year and I'm really struggling with the shock. I'm bigger at 6'4 220 and when I use the trail adjust setting there is almost no difference between climb, trail and descend modes. I've tried pressures between 180 and 220psi and it makes almost no difference in the ability to have the adjustment work. This is my first full sus bike am I missing something?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtylerdurden View Post
    SB, what is your configuration on your crank install? I have the factory cap (since no chain guide) and one 2.5mm spacer on crank side.

But my chainline looks as if it could be improved by moving the spacer to the non-drive side.
    iamtylerdurde, sorry I didn't see this sooner.

I wouldn't mess with those spacers. My chainline is basically perfect, but the downside using these 2x cranks is that I am limited to a max 30t chainring. I use the absolute black 30t chainring with a 64 bcd... It bolts onto the inner ring portion of the spider rather than the outer 104 bcd slot where most rings go. 30t is the largest ring I have found with a 64 bcd, so the only way for me to bump up with a good chainline would be to swap for a 1x specific crank.
    Honestly, 30t is fine for me... I run a 32t oval on my other bike which I love and wish I could run on the sb66, but it's not enough of a hassle for me to get new cranks. Absolute black is top notch, I highly recommend!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

AVALANCHE is the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Krudler View Post
    I built up a 2013 XL last year and I'm really struggling with the shock. I'm bigger at 6'4 220 and when I use the trail adjust setting there is almost no difference between climb, trail and descend modes. I've tried pressures between 180 and 220psi and it makes almost no difference in the ability to have the adjustment work. This is my first full sus bike am I missing something?
    Contact Avy! I have an MX tune on mine with a new damper in my fork and I can climb and enjoy park days! You could try push as well!

Avalanche Downhill Racing

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ttchad View Post
    Contact Avy! I have an MX tune on mine with a new damper in my fork and I can climb and enjoy park days! You could try push as well!

Avalanche Downhill Racing
    I'll take a look, thanks.

mtbr member
    Well the rear end on my 66 finally let go. I've been watching what I thought was a paint scratch that turned into a crack. Working with competitive cyclist right now on a replacement.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

LCW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    Well the rear end on my 66 finally let go. I've been watching what I thought was a paint scratch that turned into a crack. Working with competitive cyclist right now on a replacement.
    What year SB? 2013? 2014?

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

mtbr member
    2013. I asked about going to the carbon rear end so we'll see how it goes. If it really does knock a pound off it might be worth it as long as its not a $400+ up charge.

I had thought for a moment that this was a good chance to up grade and move up to another bike or maybe 650b or even *gasp* 29" wheels. But I really like my sb66.

Just swapped on a set of 780 bars and 35mm stem. Was really looking forward to hitting a lift access park this summer.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    2013. I asked about going to the carbon rear end so we'll see how it goes. If it really does knock a pound off it might be worth it as long as its not a $400+ up charge.

I had thought for a moment that this was a good chance to up grade and move up to another bike or maybe 650b or even *gasp* 29" wheels. But I really like my sb66.

Just swapped on a set of 780 bars and 35mm stem. Was really looking forward to hitting a lift access park this summer.
    Did you catch your crack pretty early on? I have always kept an eye on my '13 and it didn't have a crack last month. I had just pulled the cranks and drive side bb to install the ISCG05 tabs and a OneUp guide when I noticed the crack in the paint.

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-yeti-sb66-starting-crack.jpg

Anyway, here is my 2013 SB66.

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-yet-sb66-pike.jpg
    Entire frame wrapped in paint protection film
    Rockshox Pike RCT3 150mm
    Stock CTD rear
    Shimano Zee rd
    XT cassette
    XTR rear shifter
    KMC x10.93 chain
    Chromag 32t ring up front
    ISCG05 Tab
    OneUp Chainguide
    stock Crossride wheelset set up tubeless
    WTB Bronson 2.3s Front and Rear
    Crankbrothers Iodine stem
    Crankbrothers Cobalt 700mm bars
    TLD ODI Yeti lockons
    Diamondback saddle
    Giant seatpost (replaced the old nasty truvative)

LCW
    mtbr member
    where on your rear triangle is that? drive side chainstay yoke? hard to tell it's too close-up

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday