Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    good point well made
    Steed: Yeti SB-66

Support the Air Ambulance service in your region you never know when you might need it...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisv8 View Post
    Some epic builds in here, certainly put mine to shame.

Dazzler - I managed to shear one of the Ti shock bolts, well it snapped in my street after I dropped off a kurb when testing the build out, did it up to the required torque as stated in the manual using a digital torque wrench, I just replaced the full mount/pin with a stainless one.

Love the bike, but I get the impression i'm going to get through a lot of bearings (4x Switch and 2x upper link so far) not a problem as they are fairly cheap to buy and easy to fit but still a bit of a pain on a frame with a couple of grand price tag.

I don't know if anyone else has had issues with mounting a chainguide on the SB? I ended up having to mill 2.5mm off the ISCG mounts to get the chainguide to sit right. I don't know if it's a bike issue or an issue with the Blackspire Stinger. The other option was to add an additional spacer to the BB cup but it would have thrown the chain line out.

Spec:-

2012 SB-66 Frame (Medium)
    Fox 36 Van R Forks
    Fox RP23 Kashima shock - Swapping this for a Push tuned Van-RC as soon as it arrives
    Hope Tech V2 - 203/185 Floating rotors - Goodridge hoses
    SRAM X9 Mech + Shifters, Goodridge cables
    XT DM Front Mech
    SDG I Beam Post + Bel Air saddle
    Easton EA70 Bars + ODI Rogue grips
    Truvativ Hussefelt 50mm Stem
    DT Swiss 440 hubs on Mavic EN321/DT E540 Rims
    Maxxis Minion ST DH-F / Maxxis Highroller 60a Rear

Rough weight with the coil - 35lbs maybe.

I'm not trusted to add photos until I get to 10 posts, I've uploaded a couple to my gallery though.
    Nice build you have there, may I know what is the down tube protector that you are using? How to obtain 1? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Availiable on UK ebay - search for Rockguardz.

Just bolts onto the bottle cage mounts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisv8 View Post
    Availiable on UK ebay - search for Rockguardz.

Just bolts onto the bottle cage mounts.
    Thanks man, nice but expensive stuff.

Cam
    I've been enjoying seeing all of the SB-66's you all have been posting while patiently (and impatiently) waiting for mine to arrive.

Finally, as of today, it's here and built! So I thought I'd share. I went all out and went carbon. I didn't go all out on the components as I think XT is pretty high quality and the $ you save not going XTR can be better spent elsewhere. So this is the Race build kit. I've got a KS Lev dropper post to add to it and I will likely replace the wheels some time soon with some wider rimmed version.
    So far I only got to run it around Golden Gate Park for the last hour of daylight, but I can already tell this thing is a shredder. I can't wait to get it out on the real trails this weekend and open it up full throttle!
    Cheers!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam_C View Post
    I've been enjoying seeing all of the SB-66's you all have been posting while patiently (and impatiently) waiting for mine to arrive.

Finally, as of today, it's here and built! So I thought I'd share. I went all out and went carbon. I didn't go all out on the components as I think XT is pretty high quality and the $ you save not going XTR can be better spent elsewhere. So this is the Race build kit. I've got a KS Lev dropper post to add to it and I will likely replace the wheels some time soon with some wider rimmed version.
    So far I only got to run it around Golden Gate Park for the last hour of daylight, but I can already tell this thing is a shredder. I can't wait to get it out on the real trails this weekend and open it up full throttle!
    Cheers!

nice...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Chris,
    I just had the Ti bolt snap on me when i did a tear down the other day to get rid of some annoying creak. Was using the recommended TQ spec as well... what did you use as the steel replacement for the shock mount? It's too late for me at this point because I needed a new bolt ASAP since I was sending my bike with my sister on her drive to BC. I had to rush order a ti bolt and I got reamed pretty good.

Flying out of dreadful illinois and riding the yeti in Squamish next week! Stoked! Might have to head up to whistler one day... how did the yeti fair up there?

mtbr member
    Hi Everyone

I need some help and advice. I have just received the ISCG mount for my yeti sb66 and fitted to the BB I place of the 2.5mm spacer. The problem I am now having is when I fit MRP 2x chain guide the middle ring is too closer to the back plate.

I have tried all spacers variations but my chain still rubs flush on the back plate. Installation guide shows it should be flush with the BB but It just doesn't work.

My cranks are XTR dual rings 40/28. Has anyone else had similar problems. I'd like to keep two rings on the front hence buying this chainguide. Any thoughts or solutions.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatt2801 View Post
    Hi Everyone

I need some help and advice. I have just received the ISCG mount for my yeti sb66 and fitted to the BB I place of the 2.5mm spacer. The problem I am now having is when I fit MRP 2x chain guide the middle ring is too closer to the back plate.
    The ISCG mount does not replace the 2.5mm spacer on the drive side. The BB width *with the ISCG mount is 73mm, so you still need the spacer on there.

mtbr member
    I have also tried tried it with the ISCG mount, then the 2.5mm spacer but the chain still seems to rub the back plate.

mtbr member
    Hey guys.

I have worked it out. This needs to be removed to fit it. It is the cap surrounding the BB frame section.

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1344797235.690066.jpg

Now it fits perfectly. No rubbing and smooth. So chuffed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I would like to show you my SB-66, I've build it a few month ago.

Frame: SB-66 Lime M
    Fork: Fox 36 Talas 160 Factory
    Shock: Fox RP23
    142x12mm Axle
    Headset: Acros
    Stem: Easton Havoc 50mm
    Bars: Easton Haven Carbon 710mm
    Brakes: Hope M4 203mm/180mm
    Cranks: XT
    Shifters: XTR
    Front Der: XT
    Rear Der. XTR
    Wheels: Easton Haven UST
    Tires: Schwalbe Fat Albert UST
    Pedals: Blackspire Sub4

Hope you guys like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yeti SB-66 Build thread-img_1606.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-img_1604.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-img_1605.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-img_1608.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-img_3076.jpg  

mtbr member
    I'm curios as to the difference the braided hoses make, as opposed to regular hoses. Any thoughts or insights there?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeboardorblade View Post
    I'm curios as to the difference the braided hoses make, as opposed to regular hoses. Any thoughts or insights there?
    There are some reasons but honestly think that the main reason is the bling factor on them. There will be slightly less deformation in the brake lines when you squeeze the lever which would translate to a more firm, crisp lever feel, they are more durable, and are more resilient to kinking.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Well, they are blingin! I have been looking for a crisper feel. Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Who makes the saddle on LEIF's lime SB?
    Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    It's a Specialized Henge Comp

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Hello all,

I'm new to these forums, just ordered an SB-66 Race this past weekend, waiting for it to arrive. Yesterday the guy at the LBS called to say that Yeti had changed the spec on the front fork to the 2013 Fox line. He says this means that I will get a Fox Float 34 rather than the 32. Since the 34 has a 160mm travel rather than the 150mm travel of the 32, does anyone think that this is a big deal from either the geometry or weight point of view?

Apparently this change also means the price has gone up by $100. I've got a call into the LBS to see if the rear shock is upgraded to the 2013 CTD as well, and to see if it's the version with or without the Trail adjust.

Thanks!

Matt

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnj View Post
    Hello all,

I'm new to these forums, just ordered an SB-66 Race this past weekend, waiting for it to arrive. Yesterday the guy at the LBS called to say that Yeti had changed the spec on the front fork to the 2013 Fox line. He says this means that I will get a Fox Float 34 rather than the 32. Since the 34 has a 160mm travel rather than the 150mm travel of the 32, does anyone think that this is a big deal from either the geometry or weight point of view?

Apparently this change also means the price has gone up by $100. I've got a call into the LBS to see if the rear shock is upgraded to the 2013 CTD as well, and to see if it's the version with or without the Trail adjust.

Thanks!

Matt

Hi Matt, I just got my XT race with the 34 Fork, it comes with the spacer in the fork putting it at 150mm travel, its an easy removal if you want to go up to 160mm. Hope this helps

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Go with 160mm 34's, I have and it's great.

http://fourpence.net
    Jun 2009
    I've gone down the 34 route as well. Pics to follow!

mtbr member
    The axle to crown on 36 is much longer than the 32 but 34 is closer (same?) so the 160mm travel is negligible.

The 36 fork is approx 25 mm longer irrespective of the extra 10mm travel, that was the reason some people (Yeti included) dropped the travel to 150mm to try get geometry back inline but was still a degree slacker.

The 34 should be a perfect fork for the SB.

I am with 36 Talas so can drop for climbing and get by any issues of the longer axle to crown dimension. At full travel it is noticeably light on front end with steep terrain. The CoG gets pushed back very easily when seated with the seat tube angle as it is combined with front end height at full travel on 36 fork.
    Steed: Yeti SB-66

Support the Air Ambulance service in your region you never know when you might need it...

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Welchy View Post
    Go with 160mm 34's, I have and it's great.
    Should have said I went for Talas forks but wish I went for Floats now, not had the need to drop them down.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks for all the replies everybody! Nice to know that the 34 is a good choice for the bike and that I can change from a 150mm travel to the 160mm travel if I want.

weeman32 - did your frame come with a Float CTD shock, and if so did it have the Trail Adjust feature or not?

Looking forward to getting the bike, hopefully in about a week.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnj View Post
    Thanks for all the replies everybody! Nice to know that the 34 is a good choice for the bike and that I can change from a 150mm travel to the 160mm travel if I want.

weeman32 - did your frame come with a Float CTD shock, and if so did it have the Trail Adjust feature or not?

Looking forward to getting the bike, hopefully in about a week.
    I got mine last week, it's a Carbon. And yes it came with the CTD Trail Adjust shock, absolutley love it! Forks and shock work well together :-).

Regards

Phil

Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast