Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,800 of 1903
    mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jsalas2 View Post
    Looks sweet! I'd be concerned about stress on the frame... Maybe run super high sag? Do they make 180mm dual crown forks? Kinda makes me want to turn my sb66 into a DH bike

mtbr member
    Haha, your warranty just went bye bye!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Stress shouldn't be a problem, my buddies wife only weighs 110. Anyone bigger probably would be a problem

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    No warranty 2012 used frame on the cheap $500. Frankenstein bike. Just threw all the parts we had laying around. So that was our total out of pocket cost.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    She got creative, and those cool front spokes were done with nail polish when we weren't looking.

mtbr member
    Stress shouldn't be a problem, my buddies wife only weighs 110. Anyone bigger probably would be a problem
    If he has a wife, he's under a lot of stress!

No warranty 2012 used frame on the cheap $500. Frankenstein bike. Just threw all the parts we had laying around. So that was our total out of pocket cost.
    Wow, good deal!

She got creative, and those cool front spokes were done with nail polish when we weren't looking.
    Ummm, ok.

LCW
    mtbr member
    Cheapest place to get SB66 A (2013) Enduro Max bearing kit?

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I don't know about cheapest but I got the bearing kit from Real World Cycling, and it was cheaper than getting it from Yeti. It doesn't come with the o-rings for the eccentric but it comes with all the bearings needed.

Tribe Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matadorCE View Post
    I don't know about cheapest but I got the bearing kit from Real World Cycling, and it was cheaper than getting it from Yeti. It doesn't come with the o-rings for the eccentric but it comes with all the bearings needed.
    Do you have a link for this. Might want to replace mine over the winter.
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yetirich View Post
    Do you have a link for this. Might want to replace mine over the winter.

YETI Suspension Pivot Bearing Kits from RWC

LCW
    mtbr member
    Cool thnx!

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=matadorCE;12185749 It doesn't come with the o-rings for the eccentric but it comes with all the bearings needed.[/QUOTE]

Can you order the 0-rings separately from Yeti or elsewhere?

LCW
    mtbr member
    I found some on McMaster-Carr. Come in packs of 25 though. Still probably cheaper than if Yeti sold individually lol.

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

mtbr member
    I'll buy some of the extras off of you

mtbr member
    got a bearing rebuild kit and pulled the eccentric apart to install. Bearings just fall out on both sides and on the non drive side the bearing race seems to be almost ovalized. I can move the bearing around in there a tiny bit, this is where I'm getting the rear wheel movement when all installed. This front triangle was a crash replacement piece with only a maybe 100 or so miles on, do you think this is a warranty issue?

LCW
    mtbr member
    Try warrantying it. If not try green loctite.

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I have a question for those who have re-greased and/or replaced their pivot bearings (themselves - not work done by shop). In your experience, if just 2 of the bearings feel a little rough, is it worth just popping off the seals and cleaning and re-lubing? Or should I just replace all the bearings?

Also, I have the assembly completely apart except for the non-drive side eccentric housing isn't coming out too easily... It is popping out about 5mm but its difficult to get it out any further. Am I missing something? Based on the manual it looks like it should just pop right out. I want to avoid using too much force to make sure the large bearing on the non-driveside isn't damaged in the process. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I've had to use some force to get the eccentrics out from the bearings, so I think it's normal. As for the integrity of the bearings, I'd go ahead and replace the large bearings for the eccentrics regardless. Those bearings don't look to me like they're meant to last through rebuilds and multiple assembly/dis assembly--that's just my opinion though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I've had to use some force to get the eccentrics out from the bearings, so I think it's normal. As for the integrity of the bearings, I'd go ahead and replace the large bearings for the eccentrics regardless. Those bearings don't look to me like they're meant to last through rebuilds and multiple assembly/dis assembly--that's just my opinion though.
    Actually the 2 large ones were complete smooth, only 2 bearings really felt rough after a year of use - the non-driveside smaller bearing within the eccentric as well as the non-driveside lower shock-mount/pivot. I popped them all open and gave them a clean with 91% rubbing alcohol and re-greased with dumonde liquid bearing grease... We will see how that goes, I figure I will replace all the bearings on the next go around. I don't have a bearing press/puller unfortunately though so will probably need to have a shop help out there.

mtbr member
    anyone interested in a fox float x, really works great on my sb66, especially if you ride aggressively!! This is off a pivotmach 6 8.5x2.5and was going to put on my sons bike but went another way, pm me I'll do $250 shipped!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Sb66 with dh forks, found a frame at a bargain price and these were the only forks on hand. Actually ran great.
    Good lord, that shock is going to explode! I have the 2nd volume spacer in my Float CTD, and even at only 135 lbs weight I need to run my shock at 125 psi to avoid bottoming out. If you come across a cheap coil, now that gets to be an exciting frankenbike!

Also, that thing must be so drifty on low angle terrain or loose trail surfaces - I bet she has to lean way onto the bars to keep her traction solid.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    coil sounds good, we're looking.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Anyone fit a Trail King 2.4 on the back of their SB66? I've got 2.4 Mountain Kings on right now but want to go to Trail Kings since they work a little better in the terrain I ride in, plus I want the Apex sidewall protection. The sidewalls of the Mountain King I run in the rear right now are getting worn rapidly, and I think the chain is actually rubbing under high tire load but I'm not really sure.

Chilling out
    It'll fit on an SB95, I'd suspect it'll fit the SB66 too.

I've run as phat as Ardent 2.4 on my 95a and it was okay in dry conditions - not a lot of spare chainstay room and a bit of seat-tub rub at full compression, but usable.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Thanks, I'll give it a try. Worse case I stick with the Trail King on the front and keep a Mountain King on the back. My MKs are over a year old and I ride in sort of rocky terrain so I guess they've done well so far all things considered.

LCW
    mtbr member
    How you liking the Contis matadorCE? Black Chili I presume?

I'll be giving them a try (TK 2.4 f/MKII 2.4 r) - as a bit of an experiment as I usually run Maxxis (DHF, DH2, HR2 in various configs and combinations).

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

mtbr member
    I run a 2.2 Mountain King on the back of my 66 and love it in the rocky Wyoming/Colorado terrain here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I like the mountain kings a lot, the black chili is very grippy and wears very well plus the tires roll fast and don't weigh a ton. The only downsides are the sidewalls and the lack of grip on wet roots.

26 for life.
    I've been running 2.2 Rubber Queens for 2 years now. Black Chili UST, new one on the front & the old front goes on the back & they last for ages.
    Sent from the future to destroy the past.

mtbr member
    Anyone fit a Trail King 2.4 on the back of their SB66? I've got 2.4 Mountain Kings on right now but want to go to Trail Kings since they work a little better in the terrain I ride in, plus I want the Apex sidewall protection. The sidewalls of the Mountain King I run in the rear right now are getting worn rapidly, and I think the chain is actually rubbing under high tire load but I'm not really sure.
    I run the 2.4 trail kings front and back, no problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Feels like a new bike!

I originally bought my sb66 new last summer at deeply discounted rate. As awesome as the bike was stock, after some heavy customization, this thing absolutely RIPS! 26 ain't dead!

Had the bike apart recently to re-grease all linkage bearings, feels brand new!

The upgrade list:
    New XT m8000 11 speed cassette, RD and shifter
    Absolute Black 30t ring
    KS Lev Ti 125mm dropper with southpaw trigger
    RS Monarch plus debonair (M/L tune taken off a Nomad)
    RS Pike 160mm with new 2016 Charger internals
    Crank Bros 53mm stem
    ENVE HDH bars cut to 780

Blown away by this bike every time I ride it!Yeti SB-66 Build thread-img_1433.jpgYeti SB-66 Build thread-img_1434.jpgYeti SB-66 Build thread-img_1435.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SB666 View Post
    I originally bought my sb66 new last summer at deeply discounted rate. As awesome as the bike was stock, after some heavy customization, this thing absolutely RIPS! 26 ain't dead!

The upgrade list:
    Absolute Black 30t ring
    Crank Bros 53mm stem
    ENVE HDH bars cut to 780

Blown away by this bike every time I ride it!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1433.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	342.6 KB 
ID:	1020420Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1434.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	340.9 KB 
ID:	1020421Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1435.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	285.4 KB 
ID:	1020422
    Looks good SB666

I just got a monarch plus for my 66 a few weeks ago, what setting are you using?

I got 230psi, 2 bands, 12 click of damping, 30% sag, weight about 90kg rtr. feels really good just not using the last 5 mm of stroke on the shock.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by t8500 View Post
    Looks good SB666

I just got a monarch plus for my 66 a few weeks ago, what setting are you using?

I got 230psi, 2 bands, 12 click of damping, 30% sag, weight about 90kg rtr. feels really good just not using the last 5 mm of stroke on the shock.
    I am about 80kg, running 190psi, I would like to get some of those volume reducers as well... I think I am about 7 or 8 clicks from open on rebound, but would likely speed it up for more technical terrain. It's set up for smooth singletrack and flow style DH park riding right now. When I go to the desert, I definitely add some pressure and speed up rebound. I get about 30% sag running 190psi.

I am going to order some of those red volume reducer bands and experiment with that as well. What sort of sag are you getting at your current setup? Does the end stroke feel supportive? I don't ever get harsh bottom outs, but I feel like I get to the end of my stroke a bit too easily. Wouldn't mind getting a it more progressive of a spring rate

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I am about 80kg, running 190psi, I would like to get some of those volume reducers as well... I think I am about 7 or 8 clicks from open on rebound, but would likely speed it up for more technical terrain. It's set up for smooth singletrack and flow style DH park riding right now. When I go to the desert, I definitely add some pressure and speed up rebound. I get about 30% sag running 190psi.

I am going to order some of those red volume reducer bands and experiment with that as well. What sort of sag are you getting at your current setup? Does the end stroke feel supportive? I don't ever get harsh bottom outs, but I feel like I get to the end of my stroke a bit too easily. Wouldn't mind getting a it more progressive of a spring rate
    Just over 30% sag, any more sag and the peddling suffers, setup for fast flowly single track but with some semi chucky holes that you need to stay on top of to keep speed.

I get good ramp up from say a 2 -3 foot drop, still playing around with settings, going to try and add 1 more volume spacers to my pike, so it feels closer to the rear end in ramp up.

Have you pulled the air can off, I had two bands in there just need to move them to the + chamber, mine was off a nomad too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by t8500 View Post
    Just over 30% sag, any more sag and the peddling suffers, setup for fast flowly single track but with some semi chucky holes that you need to stay on top of to keep speed.

I get good ramp up from say a 2 -3 foot drop, still playing around with settings, going to try and add 1 more volume spacers to my pike, so it feels closer to the rear end in ramp up.

Have you pulled the air can off, I had two bands in there just need to move them to the + chamber, mine was off a nomad too.
    Yes I have, none unfortunately. How many tokens are you running in your pike now? I am just running 1... I managed to bottom it out today stacking on a fast drop, was thinking maybe 2 tokens would be ideal. I am running about 20-25% sag on the pike

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Yes I have, none unfortunately. How many tokens are you running in your pike now? I am just running 1... I managed to bottom it out today stacking on a fast drop, was thinking maybe 2 tokens would be ideal. I am running about 20-25% sag on the pike
    Ye just one, thinking about cutting one in half and trying that. 20% sag.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Well if you are running 1 and don't even quite want one more, than I should be fine with just the 1... I stacked pretty hard, so it was a situation where the fork probably should be using all of it's travel. I think the pike is dialed.

I might just try to bump my sag down to 25% on the monarch before trying the volume reduction... It's nice having a linear rear end, I just feel like I go through it easier than I should. I prefer a progressive front end and linear rear, keeps the slackness

mtbr member
    new Pike internals for 2016?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by agleck7 View Post
    new Pike internals for 2016?
    Yea there are, I think the biggest change is the lower damper seal (not sure the technical name). I actually got a new damper under warranty from SRAM and they gave me the 2016 damper and it was disassembled. That bottom seal appeared to be the only difference - much more robust, has a retaining spring and all around better looking. I think that seal was a common failure point in the past.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Any of you guys w/ 160mm forks find that the resulting headtube angle takes too much weight and cornering stability off the front tire for low angle descents or loose trail conditions?

...I've also had to really change my body position on cornering to keep front wheel traction on loose stuff (in 160 setting) ... before this I would unexpectedly lose front traction if riding carelessly into a loose corner
    I switched from an 80mm to 50mm stem 3 weeks ago, and the front tire feels much more planted / much less drifty. Feeling much better when running my Pike at 160mm than previously.

I also recently realized that in process of minimizing big hit bottom-out on my fork, I may have set it to something like ~10-15% sag (when standing, and basically zero sag when seated since I have almost no upper body mass and the seat tube is pretty slack). Seems to me that would definitely impact front wheel traction if steering from the backseat without good upfront weighting. I plan to drop in 1-2 Pike DPA tokens and reduce the pressure a bit; maybe take it down to 20% when in attack mode. Seems like that adjustment plus the shorter stem will get my front wheel feeling fully planted.

It's hard when you basically weigh nothing but need the suspension to be both plush & track well but also withstand launching off of boulders and drops.

Next project after the fork adjustments will be sending my stock CTD shock to Avalanche for removing the Boost Valve and custom tuning to my weight. Just like everyone else in the Yeti SB-66 rear suspension thread, my main issue is high speed chatter, where it feels really stiff and non-compliant. Not a big deal for high speed aggressive riding, but a little bit less skipping and chatter would be really appreciated.

Looking forward to getting my setup fully dialed!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Click image for larger version. 

ID:	1020420
    That black fork looks really good with that frame...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by profro View Post
    That black fork looks really good with that frame...
    Yes it does

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-img_20150716_174725.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I put the 2.4 Trail Kings on my 66A and wow what a difference. The MKIIs are good tires, but the Trail Kings are much better suited for the terrain I ride on (loose and rocky over hardpack). The TKs are heavy but with the bigger volume compared to the MKs they roll over much better--almost feel like they're 27.5.
    I was using some EA70 wheels I had from an old bike, but recently changed to WTB i23 wheels since I kept breaking spokes in the rear wheel of the EA70s. The wider wheels definitely help the big volume TKs have a better profile; I felt like I have much more grip in climbs on the rear than I did before.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I put the 2.4 Trail Kings on my 66A and wow what a difference. The MKIIs are good tires, but the Trail Kings are much better suited for the terrain I ride on (loose and rocky over hardpack). The TKs are heavy but with the bigger volume compared to the MKs they roll over much better--almost feel like they're 27.5.
    I was using some EA70 wheels I had from an old bike, but recently changed to WTB i23 wheels since I kept breaking spokes in the rear wheel of the EA70s. The wider wheels definitely help the big volume TKs have a better profile; I felt like I have much more grip in climbs on the rear than I did before.
    2.4 in the rear as well? Any issues with rubbing when bottoming out?

mtbr member
    I have the trail king 2.4 front and back , no rubbing even when bottoming out. I have a 2014 ac if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixnr View Post
    I have the trail king 2.4 front and back , no rubbing even when bottoming out. I have a 2014 ac if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I'm on a 2013 alloy but I'm sure it's the same, rubbing seat tube would be my concern but your carbon rear shouldn't affect that

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    2.4 in the rear as well? Any issues with rubbing when bottoming out?
    The only rubbing I could tell was my chain slightly rubbing on the side of the tire, but that's due to my particular 2x setup.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    The only rubbing I could tell was my chain slightly rubbing on the side of the tire, but that's due to my particular 2x setup.
    What is this "2x" thing you speak of? Sounds ancient

mtbr member
    So went for my first ride tonight sheet dislocating and having surgery on my shoulder back in July. I think my wife took pity on me, and let me do some upgrades. New Kore Torsion bar, Renthal Kevlar slide-on grips, X-Fusion Vengeance HLR Coil, Chromag Trailmaster saddle, and the new E13 TRS+ guide. 34.4 lbs, but only feels like it when I'm getting it out of the truck.

mtbr member

The upgrade list:
    Absolute Black 30t ring
    Crank Bros 53mm stem
    ENVE HDH bars cut to 780

Blown away by this bike every time I ride it!Click image for larger version. 

ID:	1020420Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1434.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	340.9 KB 
ID:	1020421Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1435.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	285.4 KB 
ID:	1020422
    How does the bike feels with the monarch compared to the rp23 ? I just want to change rear shock but doesn't know if the upgrade will be good.
    No dudes, no temas, no te arrepientas.