Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,500 of 1898
    CDK
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit43 View Post
    Just ride your Bike and if you have problems later then activate the warranty,or else you aren't going to have fun on it just concerning about rear cracks
    I have heard of yeti not warrantying the 2013 frames for the cracks even know it is a well known issue/defect with them. Yeti is actually pretty well known for being a pain in the butt with warranty's from what I have read around the web and heard from people. It is a big let down to find out because I love their bikes..

As far as the cracking goes I am around 170-180lbs and ride very rocky/technical trails with speed and don't always choose a line and just mow over stuff like its not even there and have had no problems yet after a few months. I expect it will happen with my frame though because of this and will try to use the warranty when it does and if I cant I might try to fit the carbon rear or just upgrade to a new frame

Cat Herder
    I'm about the same height/weight as you. I'm interested to know how likely they are to fail. Keep us updated.
    Eat. Ride. Sleep. Repeat

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Now I have a crack in my rear triangle. I ride a 2012 frame. Does it make sense to switch to the the carbon rear? Is the carbon rear stiffer? Anyone seen a cracked caron rear?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by meekkho View Post
    Morning
    I have a ccdb air. As long as You find the right set up i love it. Much more responsive on small bumps than the float and doesnt impact That much pedal efficiency. I would recommend for any alpine terrain : Long climb long descent.
    Hi.
    I've ccdb air cs xv also in my SB66c. It would be nice to share our setups. My sag is 19mm and my weight is nearly 90 kg. I found difficult to reach the full travel even if the HSC setup is at 0.25 clicks.
    For the other behaviour i'm really satisfied abt that shock.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Got my DB yesterday and got to test it out today. It's awesome set it at 18 mm sag equals to 28% sag. Settings that Cane Creek sent it with ended up working really good for me. Ordered it through biker bob. Way better than ctd no comparison really.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yeti SB-66 Build thread-20150109_121654.jpg  

mtbr member
    Yeti SB-66 Build thread-imag0368.jpg

Just spent a weekend in St George getting to know the bike. It's a bit portly, but it hides its weight well. I'm like for the rear end to perform a bit better on more demanding trails, what's going to give me the most for my money? Sending the shock of to push for the Big Hit kit? Selling it and getting a Float X/Monarch Plus? Kinda leaning towards push as it would be more personalized. Avalanche also has me curious.

mtbr member
    I was in the same boat like you I only have about 5-6 rides on mine and noticed right away that ctd is not good. Just installed the DB and loving it. Got my second ride in on that shock this morning and it is really good. I would recommend getting it. Rides really plush and firm does not pack out on high speed repetitive hits traction is great.

mtbr member
    Cool. It's a top contender right now, I've also come across some good deals on the Monarch Plus, non Debonair. Also thinking do that and then upgrade to the debonair later? Good thing it's winter here.

mtbr member
    Well if you get one check with biker bob he gave me and my buddy a good deal and he gets them built specific for sb66 and the bushings are machined right size for the sb66 frame and hardware. Good luck with your search.

mtbr member
    Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmp450 View Post
    Got my DB yesterday and got to test it out today. It's awesome set it at 18 mm sag equals to 28% sag. Settings that Cane Creek sent it with ended up working really good for me. Ordered it through biker bob. Way better than ctd no comparison really.
    Hi.
    I made some modification of the settings and it seems quite better now for me. Please consider that I do not ride so fast neither do any jumps.

SAG=16mm=25%
    HSC=0.125
    HSR=1
    LSC=8
    LSR=10

I put also a video on CC The Lounge.

Please share your settings!

Ciao!

mtbr member
    Well like i said it worked good for me at the factory middle settings for now. I am a little heavier rider at 255lbs.
    SAG=28%
    HSC=2
    HSR=2
    LSC=13
    LSR=13

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Well like i said it worked good for me at the factory middle settings for now. I am a little heavier rider at 255lbs.
    SAG=28%
    HSC=2
    HSR=2
    LSC=13
    LSR=13
    I'm 200 lbs. Are you reaching full travel with HSC = 2 ? On jumps or enduro trials ?
    Letme know. Thanks

mtbr member
    Yes I am getting full travel off jumps and it works great on the high speed sections with repetitive hits. I live in Vegas and ride out at bootleg canyon so that's pretty rough terrain out here.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I do not know why but I'm reaching full travel only if i decrease HSC quite to zero.
    I live in the north west coast of Italy with lot of hills with rough descends full of rocks.
    However thanks for sharing.

mtbr member
    Have you tried 18 mm of sag that's about 28% of stroke cane creek recommends 28-33% of sag for the db air.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Have you tried 18 mm of sag that's about 28% of stroke cane creek recommends 28-33% of sag for the db air.
    Yes, I did. I run the shock for 6 months with 20mm of SAG, but now I have the impression it's working better.
    However I will try to increase a little to stay within CC reccomendations.

mtbr member
    Yeti recommend 16-19 mm of sag for the sb66. So 18 mm would put you right in the middle and at recommended sag for db also. Just my thought.

mtbr member
    Hi there,im a happy owner of a 2013 SB66 size S,does anyone have a picture of rear tire clearance with a Hans Dampf 2.35?

mtbr member

Yeti SB-66 Build thread

Congrats on the bike! Here's a pic with conti rubber queen 2.4s (big tire)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I don't have a photo but have run a 2.35 Hans before and am now running a bigger tyre again, no problems. The supposed problem is not clearance in the triangle, but clearance against the seat tube under full compression. I still haven't had any rubbing but I did put some tape on the seat tube just in case.

Cat Herder

Yeti SB-66 Build thread

Finished my build a few weeks ago and finally got out on it. Still monkeying with the setup of the CTD out back, but it seems like a great rig.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yeti SB-66 Build thread-img_1156.jpg  

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-img_1087.jpg  

Eat. Ride. Sleep. Repeat

knobby noob
    Need some advice here - currently running Fox 32 150mm. Can get a deal on a 34 160mm.

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-2014-12-06-08.26.01.jpg

Izzit worthwhile to change, with the increased travel/slack & add. 200g? Considering that I weigh 170+ lbs suited up and there's nothing really gnarly around my parts. Thanks.
    2014 Yeti SB-66AC
    2015 Canyon Torque DHX
    2016 Transition Smuggler

Cat Herder
    Doesn't sound like it is worth the expense.
    Eat. Ride. Sleep. Repeat

mtbr member

Yeti SB-66 Build thread

If your riding doesn't warrant it then I agree, not worth it. If you travel regularly with the bike to places that you would realize the benefits of the 160 then go for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

26 for life.
    Just jumped on the 1x10 bandwagon.

One up 42 &16 cogs plus Absolute Black 32 tooth spiderless chainring. Sub 30 pounds now.
    Sent from the future to destroy the past.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiJohn View Post
    Just jumped on the 1x10 bandwagon.

One up 42 &16 cogs plus Absolute Black 32 tooth spiderless chainring. Sub 30 pounds now.
    Same trasmission as mine. Tryed 6 months and never had any problems!
    My AB chainring is turquoise and 28t .... too many climbs here in the north west coast of Italy !
    Well done!

26 for life.
    28T? That's low.
    It remains to be seen if I've got the right combo. Could have gone a 40 on the back or 34 on the front, but we've still got some climbs around here too.
    Sent from the future to destroy the past.

mtbr member
    My 14 XL SB66 finally built up, only thing I plan on getting in the near future is an dropper post. Still trying to dial in the rear shock but I've only had it out on one ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yeti SB-66 Build thread-20150121_112822.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speedintc View Post
    My 14 XL SB66 finally built up, only thing I plan on getting in the near future is an dropper post. Still trying to dial in the rear shock but I've only had it out on one ride.
    Great looking bike. Have you weighted it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightnerd View Post
    Great looking bike. Have you weighted it?
    Thank you and I have not weighed it yet but if I had to guess it's probably right around 29-30 lbs.

Cat Herder
    Great-looking for sure. I just built an XL with a 36, Crossmax SXs, Reverb, etc. I'm at 32.5# which is a little more than expected, but I've had it out for two rides and I love it. I set the shock pressure way, way too low on the first ride and have it up to 240# now. I'm 6'5" and 230# in riding kit. Interesting to hear about your experiences getting it dialed.
    Eat. Ride. Sleep. Repeat

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    So after doing some research it seems that cane creek headsets the choice for the sb66. Are there any cheaper versions of manufacturers for compatible headsets for this bike? I was looking and it would be about $110 for the top and bottom headset measuring 44mm/56mm. Can anyone point me in a good direction for a more economical headset that has both top and bottom parts?

mtbr member
    Nukeproof Warhead 44-56IITS Headset 2014 | Chain Reaction Cycles
    this is what I ordered from mine and have no issues with it.

mtbr member
    Jensen has the set for $66. For the cane creek set.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Nukeproof Warhead 44-56IITS Headset 2014 | Chain Reaction Cycles
    this is what I ordered from mine and have no issues with it.
    That's a good choice, that's a much more reasonable price for top and bottom. I think I need a ZS56/30 bottom though for my 2013 revelation forks. I'll keep looking around!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbone View Post
    That's a good choice, that's a much more reasonable price for top and bottom. I think I need a ZS56/30 bottom though for my 2013 revelation forks. I'll keep looking around!
    Is it not tapered? And they may have the combination you need. I was going to go the cane creek route but I couldn't beat that price. Ordered my fork, headset, cassette, seat, and seat post and shipping was free and I got everything in less than a week.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Is it not tapered? And they may have the combination you need. I was going to go the cane creek route but I couldn't beat that price. Ordered my fork, headset, cassette, seat, and seat post and shipping was free and I got everything in less than a week.
    My bad, I should have explained more clearly, the headset that was recommended by cane creek via email was the ZS44/28.6 top with ZS56/40 bottom with my 2013 revelation fork. So it is tapered and all. All I need is to buy an air shaft for my fork to extend my travel from 120 to 140 or 150mm, a wheel set and mayyyybe a stem and I'm all set. I'm extremely excited when the frame came in two days ago haha.

mtbr member
    Latest addition, found a deal on a Monarch Plus. Haven't been on the trails with it yet but it should be a nice upgrade from the CTD. Rims and pedals should finish things off. Should, being the operative word. Do the upgrades ever end?

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-imag0392.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeboardorblade View Post
    Latest addition, found a deal on a Monarch Plus. Haven't been on the trails with it yet but it should be a nice upgrade from the CTD. Rims and pedals should finish things off. Should, being the operative word. Do the upgrades ever end?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0392.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	960298
    Nice setup, are those 2.4 ardents? I think 2.4 is the widest the frame can take. What rims are those? I'm thinking of whether of going Chinese carbon or good ol' aluminum.

mtbr member
    I've got a 2.35 Minion out back and a 2.5 Minion up front. Rims are just 729s, they're bomber but HEAVY. I'll likely go with Flows or i25s. The Chinese carbons are appealing, the availability of the others may win out though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015

2014 sb66

Got my frame this morning and finished swapping parts from my old bike. I just need the XT breaks, crank and pedals to finish my build. Thanks to all who contributed in this thread. Will post full build specs soon.

Yeti SB-66 Build thread-collage_20150202155110160.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeboardorblade View Post
    I've got a 2.35 Minion out back and a 2.5 Minion up front. Rims are just 729s, they're bomber but HEAVY. I'll likely go with Flows or i25s. The Chinese carbons are appealing, the availability of the others may win out though.
    I just switched to some spank wheels and have a fresh set of DT Swiss m1700 splines that came on my yeti race edition $375, just tossing it out there.

mtbr member
    I will have to keep in mind. Spent all of my current upgrade money on the shock.

unrooted
    I was trying to convince my friend to get an SB-66, but then I saw all the reviews complaining about the bearings going out, and how much they cost.

Has this issue been rectified?
    195 lbs-6'4" Banshee Prime XL
    Ride Mammoth, Tahoe & Vegas

PLEASE GIVE ME NEGATIVE REP!

mtbr member
    At least twice a year my buds and I ride trail with multiple water crossings and lots of mud. After these rides I'll break down my 66, including cleaning and repacking the 8 switch bearings. I haven't had any bearing issues. My wife says I'm OCD, but she's not a shrink.
    Last edited by viteaux; 02-04-2015 at 08:37 AM. Reason: I spell like a 1st grader
    I ride slow but I never ride back

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Hi everyone,
    So I've always been on a Cannondale - had a Scalpel, now have a Hooligan, a Judge for DH, a Rize that the wife now rides, and a Perp that I've just sold to make room for the SB66 since I'd like to do more AM riding as opposed to DH... anyway now that there have been some great deals on '14 SB66 the wife talked me into pulling the trigger on a black M sized frameset. It's going to be paired with a '12 Marz 55 Switch TA 170mm that can be dialed down to 130mm for uphills. I'll be building the whole thing over the next couple of months and will post some pictures along the way.

I've read all 60 pages of this thread and I have to say I'm blown away with most of your builds I understand it rides even better than it looks so it seems that I've made the right choice going with the Superbike

Cheers,
    Piotr

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Damn good to see people continuing to build out this stud of a 26er.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Well I don't particularly care for a 27.5" hype at this point since you can get some killer deals on the 'obsolete' 26" technology as a result Perhaps when I'll be replacing the SB66 in a couple years I'll reconsider but for now I'm just planning to enjoy every minute of riding that thing

Some questions:
    1. is anyone in here using the OneUp Components RADr rear der cage replacement? I have a plan to pair it with a Zee FR mech, a 42t cassette cog and a 30t crank cog. I know it's low but we have some lung busting climbs out here.
    2. how time consuming is it to cut a heli tape to cover the frame, as opposed to the frameskin that was referred in here already?
    3. anyone figured out a way to put the Reverb Stealth on it, or does it require drilling the frame? I'd rather avoid that
    4. does 2.5" Maxxis rubber fit on the back? I'm talking Highroller and Minion F

Cheers,
    Piotr