Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bog View Post
    Any word on real delivery dates? My birthday was on Saturday and my wife surprised me with a picture of a SB66 inside of my Garmin Edge 800 box. What amazing birthday!!
    Happy birthday.

I ordered my frame 2+ weeks ago from a local bike shop. I was told "probably" the first week of august.

Apparently the first batch is going out this week but as of two weeks ago when I ordered that batch was totally sold already.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I recently had my bike stolen from my garage, UZZI VPX baby blue, setup for DH/FR. I am now very interested in a do everything lighter, more ridable rig. My local bike shop highly recommended the Yeti SB 66. The bikes of choice are the SB66 or the SC Nomad Carbon.

Here is my setup....

Frame: M Yeti SB-66 Black/White
    Fork: Fox 36 180 Talas
    Shock: DHX Air or DHX RC4
    Cane Creek AngleSet
    Industry 9 AM Wheelset (white rim)
    142x12mm Axle Kit
    Stem: Race Face
    Bars: Easton Haven
    Brakes: Formula The One
    Shifters: Shimano XTR
    Front Der: Shimano XTR
    Rear Der. Shimano XTR
    Bashguard: MRP
    Cranks: Race Face Atlas FR
    Tires: TBD
    Pedals: TBD

I am off to my bike shop this afternoon for a chat and to hopefully place my order!

E

mtbr member
    Nice I wonder how it will be with that 180 fork. Wonder how much more it slacks it from the 65.9deg 160 fork.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
    Nice I wonder how it will be with that 180 fork. Wonder how much more it slacks it from the 65.9deg 160 fork.
    Should take it to just about 65 degrees up front and raise the BB up about 1/4". Would be pretty nice for really steep, rocky DH terrain, but may want to steepen it up some if doing a lot of climbing and lot of AM/trail riding, cause the STA will slacken as well and can affect climbing while seated.

BTW, just got my new 11' Rune (warranty replacement) today from UPS even though I have to wait at least 4-6 months before I can ride again due to recent injury. It's a trip to have the summer season as my "off" time. Thank god I was able to hit the dirt about 3x's/week all year long prior.

Enjoy your SB-66, looks sick and definitely a bike I would like to spend some time on someday.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Sounds sweet, the talas you could just switch it down for climbing?

I sold my Giant Reign X1 today. Bikeless now for a bit.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    News Flash!!! According to the shop (Trail Head Cyclery), running a 180 fork will void the warranty, which is a little strange. Anyone else hear the same?

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by EAITCH View Post
    News Flash!!! According to the shop (Trail Head Cyclery), running a 180 fork will void the warranty, which is a little strange. Anyone else hear the same?
    Given that they ship completes with 150, does not surprise me. What about 170mm? Lyric DH..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EAITCH View Post
    I didn't ask. Do you already have the fork or something? could you internally dial it down to 160?

I'm guessing yeti only wants 150/160 since thats whats on their site?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    will check with Yeti in the morning and see what their verbiage is so we have it straight. Basically the max is 160 from what the shop said.

bog
    mtbr member
    It certainly wouldn't be surprising that a 180mm fork would void the warranty. Wrong fork for the bike for sure.

This is an AM bike that is supposed to pedal very well up and rip down so why put a monster fork on it? Wait until they release a SB-76 (7" travel, 26" wheels) version that will be burly enough to handle such a big fork.
    SC Tallboy C : SC Nomad 3 : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    let us know how it rides in comparison to the giant

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    So with the frame, do we get the 12x142 chip kit? I'm converting a Hope Pro II hub... what axle do I need?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    So with the frame, do we get the 12x142 chip kit? I'm converting a Hope Pro II hub... what axle do I need?
    No you have to order that. Yeti has all the axles have whoever ordered your frame order the chip kit and the shimano 12x142 axle. and you should get them with the frame.

I think the axle is 60$ and the chip kit is like $30? ( don't really know ).

This is the axle you must use http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za....ID=9637&MODE=

No one has them except yeti apparently though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    No you have to order that. Yeti has all the axles have whoever ordered your frame order the chip kit and the shimano 12x142 axle. and you should get them with the frame.

This is the axle you must use http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za....ID=9637&MODE=

Looks like $70 for the axle and $40 for the chips.

mtbr member
    How about the iscg mounts?

they are separate from the bb shell and held in place by a spline .....are they included or an upcharge?
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bpnic View Post
    How about the iscg mounts?

they are separate from the bb shell and held in place by a spline .....are they included or an upcharge?
    I don't know yet. I asked a couple weeks ago and they said you don't get any but they didn't really know. But some reviews I read said you get the 05 one and the others are additional.

I hope it comes with the 05 at least.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I don't know yet. I asked a couple weeks ago and they said you don't get any but they didn't really know. But some reviews I read said you get the 05 one and the others are additional.

I hope it comes with the 05 at least.
    Kinda odd how they have no idea and post absolutely no information. Doesn't seem that difficult....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Kinda odd how they have no idea and post absolutely no information. Doesn't seem that difficult....
    DId you order a frame? I think I saw you post you ordered one. Where from?

I ordered from LBS and had them ask for me. I will follow up again next week see if I can get anymore info. They(LBS+Yeti) couldn't give me any info two weeks ago.

mtbr member

I ordered from LBS and had them ask for me. I will follow up again next week see if I can get anymore info. They(LBS+Yeti) couldn't give me any info two weeks ago.

I ordered an Enduro build, and because that particular build does not use the thru axle in the rear or a chain retention device (from the factory), I imagine the extras like the splined iscg mounts or chip kit/axle will not be included.

On a side note: has anyone seen the weight of a complete enduro build anywhere? every single review I have read for the sb-66 excludes the complete weight for some reason.
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Yea, from Jenson.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

I don't know about that. My Yeti dealer has had the Shimano 12 x 142 axle on order for 4 weeks and doesn't expect it until the end of July or August. It sucks that I have the chipset and wheel/hub to support it, but can't run it yet.

I have looked all over the web for it and everyone that sells it are several weeks out from getting them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by joltz View Post
    I don't know about that. My Yeti dealer has had the Shimano 12 x 142 axle on order for 4 weeks and doesn't expect it until the end of July or August. It sucks that I have the chipset and wheel/hub to support it, but can't run it yet.

I have looked all over the web for it and everyone that sells it are several weeks out from getting them.
    That sucks, yeti may be hording them for new bikes?

I dunno all I know is they said that mine would ship with the frame. Who knows though.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Ordered mine a week or so ago now in the UK.. told would be a couple of weeks.

Frame: L Yeti SB-66 Lime
    Fork: Fox 32 150-mm Talas RLC 2012
    Headset: Chris King
    Stem: Thompson 70
    Bars: Easton CNT Mid
    Seat: SDG
    Brakes: Formula The One F200/R160
    Crankset: 10 Spd XTR M980 Double 26/38
    BB: Hope - XTR as Spare
    Cassette: 10 Spd XT M771 11/36
    Shifters: XTR M980
    Front Der: XTR M986
    Rear Der. XTR M980
    Cables: Gore Ride on Sealed XL (uk and it rains alot)
    Wheels: XT778 Front - XT776 Rear
    Pedals: Nukeproof Ti
    Tyres: Maxxis Tubeless HR's 2.35
    Chain: Sram
    Week off Work: To ride it round the Lake district.

Couple of Quesitons though:
    1. Is the SB66 full cable housing to the rear derail? like the 575.
    2. Rear post mounts on 66.. hmm i'm swaping my brakes off my 575 and its IS rear mount
    i presume i can just use the normal formula post mount kit to mount the rear caliper?
    Or do i need an adapter?
    I recall it might mean me putting a 180 on the rear as i think its marked up (180rear/160 front).
    Not got bike with me to check.
    3. Is it 135QR out of the box?

Trying to keep the bike reasonably light and gone a bit less Aggressive spec than others here.

mtbr member
    So I asked John P what ISCG mount comes with the frame.
    The frame comes initially with a blank that fits up with a normal BB or
    friction fit ISCG mount. Later this summer, we will be offering both ISCG05
    and ISCG03 mounts.

FYI,

John P.
    Bummer...
    But hopefully the 05 mount is available when my frame is....I have to have the 05 one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    So I asked John P what ISCG mount comes with the frame.

Bummer...
    But hopefully the 05 mount is available when my frame is....I have to have the 05 one.
    No beuno.......

So at this point, I have to buy a bottom bracket chainguide (because they don't have the tabs), a 12x142 dropout for $40 and a Shimano axel for $60 (which no one has) and maybe even ISCG 05 tabs at some point.

Wish they would have made the bike ISCG05 and 12x142 from the get go.

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast