In my mind, I can do it!

Yeti head tube badge

Did Yeti start putting the metal HT badge on the 2005 frames or earlier? IOW would all 2005 model frames have the badge instead of the sticker which was used on earlier models?

Adobo Lover
    My 2004 is not the metal headbadge!!!!

mtbr member

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    Did Yeti start putting the metal HT badge on the 2005 frames or earlier? IOW would all 2005 model frames have the badge instead of the sticker which was used on earlier models?
    Iviguy,

I have an '05 ASX and it has a sticker on the headtube, a friend has an '04 575 with a metal badge. I believe getting a badge is model dependant. I wish my ASX had a metal badge, that thing is really sweet looking.

Hi!!!
    Take this with a grain of salt.....

It seemed like for a while there, the 2005 Turquoise 575 had the head badge while the other colors didn't. But when I talked to the dude doing the Yeti Demo, he said that all the 575's would have the head badges...and this was like in June so maybe Yeti made a mid-year change to add the head badge to all colors?????
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Take this with a grain of salt.....

It seemed like for a while there, the 2005 Turquoise 575 had the head badge while the other colors didn't. But when I talked to the dude doing the Yeti Demo, he said that all the 575's would have the head badges...and this was like in June so maybe Yeti made a mid-year change to add the head badge to all colors?????
    Sounds reasonable. I think, now that you mention it, I have heard that before about the team color being the only one with a badge.

I'm a unitard!
    My 05 ASR has a metal badge.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    you can get the headtube badge on yeti website for $9.99
    here

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I have a 2000 ARC with the metal head badge.

jna
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Mid Stream last year

Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    I know 4 575 owners that got bikes last year between Jan and May they all had stickers. I got mine (orange) the last week of May 2005 it was metal. After I got mine the dealer still had a few bikes come with the old sticker for several weeks. It was a mixed bag of metal and stickers until late summer then it was all metal. The color did not seem to matter.
    After I got mine my wife was pissed because she had a sticker,so I had to put a badge on her 04' 575 (white). It is kind of hard to tell from the pic but it looks factory installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Adobo Lover
    How did you remove the sticker? Isn't there a clear coat over top?

jna
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Did Not Remove Sticker

Quote Originally Posted by 95Stumpy
    How did you remove the sticker? Isn't there a clear coat over top?
    I have a friend who paints aircraft exteriors so I employed him to do it. He said there was no need to remove the sticker because he could cover it. He used very fine sandpaper and sanded only the headtube to remove all the clear coat and prepare it for new paint. He made the welds to the top tube and downtube be the transition point for original paint and new paint so there would not be a straight tape line on the tube. He matched the yeti white and painted two coats the sticker dissapeared. Next day put a clear coat on it and I put the badge on. That was a year ago and it looks great. The only way you can tell the frame is an 04' is by the cable stops on the downtube( the rear swingarm is an 05' that was changed because of a warranty issue). If you had the ano black you could remove the sticker since there is no clear coat to deal with. One of my friend got the ano black with a sticker on it about a month before I got mine, she now has a metal badge installed.

Hi!!!
    I realize Santa Cruz's and Specialized's and Turner's are more popular than Yeti, but c'mon how friggin' cool is this?:
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

bob
    mtbr member
    My old 03 Koko had a metal head badge.

MOO
    mtbr member

Koko 04

There is a badge in there somewhere
    km.JPG