mtbr member

Yeti gear Fanatic ? Whats in your locker ? Review fit, durability and quality !!

So I'll admit I'm a fanatic in a rather short time but I'm having fun and enjoying my free time more these days as I find the time to really live when my job allows me. I hope anybody that might have a question or a review on a piece of clothing or novelty item will post in this thread as we can help one another out with some honest advice.

My highlights of what I own....Freeland Shorts grade: A-
    Enduro Jersey grade: B+
    Yeti Hoodie's grade: A
    Assorted T's grade: B+
    Montezuma Wind Pants grade: A+
    Enduro Bib grade: A
    Montezuma Wind Top: B+

My Yeti Fanatic Closet...except no imitations and have no limitations.
    Yeti gear Fanatic ? Whats in your locker ? Review fit, durability and quality !!-image1-3.jpg
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I'm more of an xc guy, and I really like the Teller shorts. Light, good fit. Only problem is if you go down, they can tear pretty easily. Had the tailor fix 'em up a couple of times. Love all the T shirts - so comfy. About to order a pair of Freeland shorts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkylover53 View Post
    I'm more of an xc guy, and I really like the Teller shorts. Light, good fit. Only problem is if you go down, they can tear pretty easily. Had the tailor fix 'em up a couple of times. Love all the T shirts - so comfy. About to order a pair of Freeland shorts.
    I have the Teller shorts as well and they help you stay cool in the summer months and are comfy as they have some stretch to the fabric and good pockets. As you said they are not the most durable Which the Freeland shorts are very durable. The Jasper shorts are pretty robust and have that very baggy cut as well as extend beyond my knees. I feel they are best suited DH/Shuttle days and worn with burly Pads.

The T's are really soft and wash well and keep their sizing even if put in the drier. The graphics are high quality and I have very little fading and no peeling on any of the shirts I own.

Thanks for sharing Chunky !!!
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Holly cow, this might be OCD behavior! No really, I have two pairs of shorts and I really like them. All their stuff is top quality.

mtbr member
    Hahaha, yes sir I have gone full blown OCD but at least I quit gambling many years ago as living in Vegas and gambling don't mix well. Glad to hear you like the shorts you own.

I'd rate the Freeland's as my top choice. Great all around short that has a nice cut that's in-between the Enduro race short and the Jasper. The venting zippers are a nice touch. I used them on friday when the temps rose about 10 extra degrees from the start of my ride until the last quarter of the ride. The Feelands have nice thigh pockets that allow you to store your phone or gels, bars or smaller thin items. There is also waist adjustment straps if you need to cinch the waist tighter.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    The Enduro shorts are light weight and very minimalist in design. They have really nice styling and are water wicking in the same way that board shorts for surfing dry quickly. The one small pocket in the lower back area is a good place to stash a key or some money but no other pockets to speak of.

The fit is very athletic and snug just as the Enduro jersey hugs your upper body so will the shorts unless you size up. Durability wise they are very thin but I feel they will still hold up to a light washout and spill.

These shorts are on the pricier side but if you want that EWS look and feel then they will serve you well.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    I have a bunch of the soft goods (shorts, T shirts, hats, jerseys, beer coozy) but this is my crown jewel.

I *believe* this is the original flag sweatshirt with the stitched patch sleeves, someone correct me if I'm wrong!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Lol...your Yeti clothing alone is more than than all clothes combined...nice collection though. I have the jersey, Freeland shorts, boxer briefs and hoodie...but one pair shorts have a pretty good sized tear.

mtbr member
    Hey Skinny, I noticed the Yeti Water bottle up in the top left corner of the closet. Flip it over and take a look at the engravings on the bottom. If it's anything like the one I received from Yeti at Sea Otter, I'm sure you'll get a laugh.
    16 Yeti Sb4.5c
    13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTC (Sold)
    10 Santa Cruz Butcher (Sold)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby831 View Post
    Hey Skinny, I noticed the Yeti Water bottle up in the top left corner of the closet. Flip it over and take a look at the engravings on the bottom. If it's anything like the one I received from Yeti at Sea Otter, I'm sure you'll get a laugh.
    LMFAO

The Evil empire.....uggggg, I bet Graves wishes he could drink out of the Yeti bottle instead of the maker of the bottle.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Had a good group ride today and wore one of my Tolland jerseys and my Teller shorts.

Tolland Jersey Size Medium Yellow/Turquoise
    I really like the Tolland jersey. I wear a size medium and it fits semi loose and comfortable. Nice material with good sweat wicking properties . The lower back area has a large stuff it area for food and various other lightweight items like warmers or additional layers. The neck area is roomy and inner tags don't irritate you.

Tolland Jersey Rating: B

Teller Shorts Size Medium Gray/Black
    I happend to take a spill today off the back of my rear wheel to my Behind and I've developed a small hole in the shorts. I'd imagine most brands would have had the same result as the area I fell was loose sharp rocks. The shorts were very good for todays ride as I kept my phone in the right zip pocket and a gel and bar in the left. My hydration carrier was leaking onto my shorts and they dried quickly. These shorts are the most comfortable feeling of all the Yeti shorts with the stretchy fabric just remember that they are on the lighter side of for durability.

My Teller Shorts rating: right in the C+ or B- range.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Ha! Right?! Maybe Yeti got a great bulk rate on big S water bottles and chose to beautify them. Either way it's a dam good looking bottle, as long as you don't turn it upside down.
    16 Yeti Sb4.5c
    13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTC (Sold)
    10 Santa Cruz Butcher (Sold)

mtbr member
    I have several Yeti hats,yeti h20 bottles, each of the mayday hoodies, limited edition jersey, DH jersey, love my freeland shorts..just got a coozie today from a demo..

mtbr member
    I bought the Yeti flask specifically for my Scotland Whisky and Bike adventure.

I have 2 of the snapback hats which I like very much due to the fact that the plastic adjuster is really robust and should hold up well. The hats keep there shape well and have a high quality feel to them unlike some of the cheaper hats I've had in the past.

I also have 1 fitted hat which is size Large and it's curved bill looks good and fits my head well.

I'd grade the Yeti hats as a solid: B
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    In the future I hope they add a Yeti Beanie to the apparel line and I'd also buy some Turquoise Blue Yeti wristbands with the Black yeti lettering !
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Freeland shorts.....Do I want the Turquoise or Storm color? There aren't a ton of pictures of people actually wearing the shorts for me to look at online. I'm afraid of the turquoise being to "loud" color-wise because I try and stay away from the day-glo and neon colors every company is putting out.

What do you have?

mtbr member
    Yeti needs to add a new "bundle" and call it the Skinnybex Special: 1 of everything in your size choice I just ordered a new Mayday Hoodie because I left my old black with block letters across chest (Smuggler?) in a local bar a couple of weeks ago, and somebody else went home with it. I really thought it would be there when I went back the next day. I guess thieves like Yeti too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015

Yeti gear Fanatic ? Whats in your locker ? Review fit, durability and quality !!

I have both turquoise and storm. I'll take a picture of storm vs. turquoise.

Turquoise is definitely bold a very much yeti. And personally prefer the turquoise. Probably harder to keep clean, but I'm ok with that.

mtbr member
    Hopefully your legs are extremely pale. That would really help my comparison!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueallah View Post
    Yeti needs to add a new "bundle" and call it the Skinnybex Special: 1 of everything in your size choice I just ordered a new Mayday Hoodie because I left my old black with block letters across chest (Smuggler?) in a local bar a couple of weeks ago, and somebody else went home with it. I really thought it would be there when I went back the next day. I guess thieves like Yeti too.
    Speaking of the hoodies, how are they constructed? Are these thick hoodies with lined hoods (double layer hood) that don't pill very easily on the surface or are they the new modern breed of American Apparel-ish hoodies that are extremely thin and see-through?

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JNKER View Post
    Speaking of the hoodies, how are they constructed? Are these thick hoodies with lined hoods (double layer hood) that don't pill very easily on the surface or are they the new modern breed of American Apparel-ish hoodies that are extremely thin and see-through?
    Definitely on the thicker side. I think the hood is doubled line, but the rest is not. I can't speak to the piling, as I've only just received one. Seems very good quality so far.

mtbr member
    Cool. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015

Here is the alder jersey in 'storm' and Freeland shorts in turq....side by side.

mtbr member
    The one I had was "sort of" a soft shell, but not quite. It was good quality in terms of piling and thickness, but snagged on brush easily leaving mini tears. I liked it a lot for around town but didn't consider it something for riding/hiking.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    The one I had was "sort of" a soft shell, but not quite. It was good quality in terms of piling and thickness, but snagged on brush easily leaving mini tears. I liked it a lot for around town but didn't consider it something for riding/hiking.
    Agreed...it's more for pre / post ride casual attire , not so much ride gear.

mtbr member
    Right on. Even better. Those are the sweatshirts I like the best.

mtbr member
    Freeland shorts.....Do I want the Turquoise or Storm color? There aren't a ton of pictures of people actually wearing the shorts for me to look at online. I'm afraid of the turquoise being to "loud" color-wise because I try and stay away from the day-glo and neon colors every company is putting out.

What do you have?
    Go with the Storm color....I have both the Turquoise and Storm and I really like the darker shade of the storm....Deep Sea Blue. I'll snap some photos
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    I just received the Black Preston down jacket puffy in size Large. Really nice down fill that is definitely going to keep you warm. I'd compare it to the Mountain Hardware line rather than the Patagonia. The cuffs are really nice and seamless and the hood is roomie. Two nice zippered hand pockets and you can even compress this puffy down nice and small in your backpack.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Yeti Girl chillin with the shorts !!!

Yeti gear Fanatic ? Whats in your locker ? Review fit, durability and quality !!-image1-3.jpg
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Here are a couple other things I acquired.

Vessels for quenching my thirst and keeping me warm.

Yeti gear Fanatic ? Whats in your locker ? Review fit, durability and quality !!-image1-3-copy.jpg
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    I aquired these on eBay at a steal. I don't know what model they are, but I really like them.

mtbr member
    ^^^ Nice pull Shawn. They look like a previous Freeland model but with mesh where the venting zippers are located. I look once a day on ebay to see whats posted as I'm always trying to snatch a Devo saddle at a decent price but I've yet to get lucky and I don't want to pay $150 +++
    Last edited by skinnybex; 05-06-2016 at 10:32 PM.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnybex View Post
    ^^^ Nice pull Shawn. They look like a previous Freeland model but with mesh where the venting zippers are located. I look once a day on ebay to see whats posted as I'm always trying to trap a Devo saddle at a decent price but I've yet to get lucky and I don't want to pay $150 +++
    Yeah, they have full mesh on the inside, which I really like. I have a pair of Bontrager shorts with full mesh also. Those two are my go to riding shorts.

mtbr member
    Here are a couple other things I acquired.

Vessels for quenching my thirst and keeping me warm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1-3 copy.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	1068671
    Dig the bar wardrobe. That is awesome? Home made or did you buy it?

mtbr member
    Greetings JNKER, I bought that bar from world market which is a chain store here in the states...All wood and only $200 when I found it on sale. There is a section behind the jacket with tons more storage as well and it very well made. The top folds out as well giving you a much larger surface for bottles or to entertain.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Awesome. I'm definitely familiar with World Market. I have a few furniture pieces from there myself. Thanks for the reply.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by junior77 View Post

Here is the alder jersey in 'storm' and Freeland shorts in turq....side by side.
    I would love to hear what you think about this clothes.

what about the fit ? and the durability, technicity ? does it dry quickly ?

thanks

mtbr member
    how is the shirt sizing compared to tld? I'm a small on all tld shirt/jacket but want something with a slimmer fit.

also any experience with the shorts compared to tld ruckus? I'm 30 in the ruckus, sized down from 32 since it was too baggy in the legs, I'm guessing I should go 32 yeti shorts. I wear from 29 to 32 street pants

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    how is the shirt sizing compared to tld? I'm a small on all tld shirt/jacket but want something with a slimmer fit.

also any experience with the shorts compared to tld ruckus? I'm 30 in the ruckus, sized down from 32 since it was too baggy in the legs, I'm guessing I should go 32 yeti shorts. I wear from 29 to 32 street pants
    The Freeland shorts are rather baggy fitting regardless of size. I feel they are baggy in a comfortable way and not in a negative manner. If you wan't a slimmer fitting short that is very functional then get the Teller or the Enduro short if you want lightweight and slim fitting but be aware the Enduro short only has a single pocket located where your tailbone is.

All the Yeti Jersey line for 2015/16 sport the athletic and slim fit so size up if you want more belly room.

All the Yeti clothing is sweat wicking and quick dry equipped.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Jun 2015

I guess it depends on which TLD snd Yeti products you are talking about. Some have tighter/looser fits, but in general they are very similar when comparing similar styles/uses.

mtbr member
    For anybody interested, Backcountry.com has the Freeland shorts in the Brown color in Various sizes for $37 and last years Limited edition EWS Enduro Jerseyin size medium for $47
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    For anybody interested, Backcountry.com has the Freeland shorts in the Brown color in Various sizes for $37 and last years Limited edition EWS Enduro Jerseyin size medium for $47
    I have a pair of those shorts. They're a pretty good pair of shorts. Although, there is no mesh liner. So, opening the vent zippers is kinda weird because you can see your leg and possibly your junk if it gets loose. I'd say they are a tad on the small size.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    I have a pair of those shorts. They're a pretty good pair of shorts. Although, there is no mesh liner. So, opening the vent zippers is kinda weird because you can see your leg and possibly your junk if it gets loose. I'd say they are a tad on the small size.
    I could see that being an issue. Probably meant to be used with a liner...

Great price for Yeti shorts, not my first choice in color, but at least dirt marks won't show up that easily.

mtbr member
    I could see that being an issue. Probably meant to be used with a liner...

Great price for Yeti shorts, not my first choice in color, but at least dirt marks won't show up that easily.
    Lol, yeah the brown color is not my favorite but it's a great deal and I like that model of short the most. I definitely recommend a liner with those shorts if your doing anything more than shuttle runs or lift served riding and yes the package will get some good airflow if you unzip on a hot day.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    I think they are out already.

mtbr member
    I'll have some new goodies arriving today that I'll give my impressions on. I ordered the Pandora Duffel, Mayday Hoodie and newly released LE Turquoise Enduro jersey. I know I'll love the Enduro jersey as I already own a bunch of them but I'll give my opinion on the graphics and color. The Hoodie is the first pullover for me as I already own 2 zippered which I love. The Duffel will be for my different bike tours I have booked around the globe so I'll travel in style with plenty of functional space and durability.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    My little Yeti Girl is happy to have some new gear in the locker.
    Pandora Duffel, Mayday track pullover and Enduro jersey.

Yeti gear Fanatic ? Whats in your locker ? Review fit, durability and quality !!-image1-4-copy.jpg
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    My little Yeti Girl is happy to have some new gear in the locker.
    Pandora Duffel, Mayday track pullover and Enduro jersey.

Name:	image1-4 copy.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	240.5 KB 
ID:	1071272
    Very nice!

mtbr member
    that's the new jersey nice! anybody seen that golden/yellow sides jersey rixhie was wearing at ews last week?

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    that's the new jersey nice! anybody seen that golden/yellow sides jersey rixhie was wearing at ews last week?
    I did notice that...I'm sure that will be available next...I might have to pick that one up.

mtbr member
    On Yeti's Facebook page they are having a contest to post a photo of your Yeti bike or you riding you riding your bike and you can win a replica Enduro Jersey just like what Cody wore in Ireland.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    On Yeti's Facebook page they are having a contest to post a photo of your Yeti bike or you riding you riding your bike and you can win a replica Enduro Jersey just like what Cody wore in Ireland.
    Considering the odds of me winning are slim to none...I wonder if/when they will offer that jersey for sale.

mtbr member
    Considering the odds of me winning are slim to none...I wonder if/when they will offer that jersey for sale.
    take a good picture of your bike and post it and maybe you'll be the lucky one. I'm sure that top will get released at some point this year. We are really lucky that not only does Yeti make Godly bikes but also some of the best looking and high quality clothing in the industry.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Yeti Pitkin Jacket

If you own this, what has been your experience?

I'm on the fence of whether to keep this or send it back.

The fit is a looser cut, lots of room. The material seems ok, fleece/windstopper material.

Seems ok, just not sure I'm in love with it as some of the other gear. I'd like to hear anyone's opinion on actual use.

mtbr member
    The Pitkin Jacket was the one piece that didn't interest my from the yeti line of jackets. I highly recommend the Smuggler Jacket with hoody as its cut and fit are really nice and it's lining is warm and comfy.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    The Pitkin Jacket was the one piece that didn't interest my from the yeti line of jackets. I highly recommend the Smuggler Jacket with hoody as its cut and fit are really nice and it's lining is warm and comfy.
    Hmmm...I'm not seeing any stock in size Large at any of the online sites.

mtbr member
    Hmmm...I'm not seeing any stock in size Large at any of the online sites.
    I bought mine last summer and I believe Yeti might be discontinuing this Jacket. I do like the Wind shirt as well as the Down jacket but I'm guessing you want a full zip with a hood that has wind protection properties ?
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    I bought mine last summer and I believe Yeti might be discontinuing this Jacket. I do like the Wind shirt as well as the Down jacket but I'm guessing you want a full zip with a hood that has wind protection properties ?
    Full zip, hood optional and wind protection.

Something I can wear casually as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Anyone have comments about the Guston jacket? Good/bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I've got the Freeland and Teller shorts in every color except for Freeland in the brown color. I've tried Poc, Pearl and Zoic. The Yeti shorts fit the best without needing a belt. I also need zippered pockets for phone and wallet. Both the Freeland and Teller have zippered pockets.

I haven't tried any of their jerseys.

mtbr member
    Anyone have comments about the Guston jacket? Good/bad?

I don't own the Guston jacket but it reminds me of the lightweight Patagonia puffy. I did try on the gusto last year but passed.

I do own the newer Preston down jacket and I'm very happy with it but it's definitely geared more for Cold weather in the 40 degree or lower range. Top quality down filled and the hood is excellent as well.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Thanks for the feedback skinny!

I just picked up the Preston and love it as well. But was wondering how the Guston compares and possibly add to the collection.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    "Long" term report: The seat of these Yeti shorts seems to suffer from abrasion more easily than other mtb-specific shorts. Color in the nylon loop and waist adjust seem to have lost their pop from a few washes (less than a dozen). Got these this summer, and wore 'em at most once every week or two.

Saddle: WTB Volt Team saddle (black synthetic cover)
    Riding conditions: fair SoCal conditions - at least half my time spent on the pavement (commuting)

Yeti gear Fanatic ? Whats in your locker ? Review fit, durability and quality !!-yetishorts.jpg

To be fair, one of my Levi Commuter series jeans has the same problem, which has a deeper olive dye. There's still signs of abrasion on my other shorts, they're just not as visibly noticeable. Something to do with the fabric; it seems to show dirt very easily. Just rubbing against my car will have all the minor dust, which isn't obviously apparent, showing very visibly on the shorts. Trying to brush it off with my glove, will transfer the dust that has accumulated on the glove onto the fabric.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zooey View Post
    "Long" term report: The seat of these Yeti shorts seems to suffer from abrasion more easily than other mtb-specific shorts. Color in the nylon loop and waist adjust seem to have lost their pop from a few washes (less than a dozen). Got these this summer, and wore 'em at most once every week or two.

Riding conditions: fair SoCal conditions - at least half my time spent on the pavement (commuting)

Name:	YetiShorts.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	1103526

To be fair, one of my Levi Commuter series jeans has the same problem, which has a deeper olive dye. There's still signs of abrasion on my other shorts, they're just not as visibly noticeable. Shame, since these are my sharpest looking shorts.
    That's not from riding. That's from too much gas.

EXW
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    So, I have a few jerseys and shorts and they are all great. I also have a couple of sweatshirts that I really like. However, my favorite Yeti accessory might be this mug with their vintage logos.

Yeti gear Fanatic ? Whats in your locker ? Review fit, durability and quality !!-img_0042.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EXW View Post
    So, I have a few jerseys and shorts and they are all great. I also have a couple of sweatshirts that I really like. However, my favorite Yeti accessory might be this mug with their vintage logos.

Name:	IMG_0042.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	1104261
    I have the same mug and it always gets me pumped for my early morning ride drinking my Tea. Also I'm a big fan of the flask which is good for a quick high altitude snipper to revel in the hard work to the summit.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

EXW
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    Thanks. I'll look for it.

Why would you own 100 Yugos when you could own 1 Porsche? - Rumpfy

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ameybrook View Post
    Hell yeah! I have those exact gloves. No other winter glove compares.

JORBA Member
    Apr 2016
    Only had my Yeti for a few months now, but managed to pick up a trucker hat, sweatshirt, 2 DH jerseys, and gloves.. Love representing on and off the trails!

mtbr member
    Recently picked up the following:

- Pitkin jacket
    - Montezuma wind shirt

This past weekend, temps in Maryland, where I was staying this weekend dipped into the 30's and low 40's late at night and into the early morning. I planned a ride for Saturday morning at 10am. When I walked out of the house, it was 39 degrees! I wore a pair of shorts with the wind shirt and the jacket over that. This combination had me never fearing riding in the cold ever again. I was super warm. Comfortable. I was not sweating so that stuff was breathable. And I got the jacket hooked on a few thorns on the trail - no evidence of wear.

Both the jacket and the shirt have pockets for a car key fob and/or phone. They looks great. I'm 5'11'' and 170lbs. Both items were mediums. Perfect fit. Not tight at all. But, tailored appropriately for riding.

Both pieces are highly recommended.

mtbr member
    ^^^ Thanks for taking the time to review those 2 items Vanilla ! I have and love the wind shirt but yet to try the Pitkin jacket so I might have to pick one up this month.

Hopefully Yeti will soon release the 2017 apparel line because I'm looking to purchase gloves as well as another pair of riding pants if they offer a new style. Also I've been very happy with my assorted T-shirts so any new styles I'll order day one.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    has anyone tried the enduro bibs? I'm entertaining the idea of getting one, tried a size too big some time ago and liked, but wanted to hear from those using it for some time... how is the "bib" part for summer rides? doable?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    has anyone tried the enduro bibs? I'm entertaining the idea of getting one, tried a size too big some time ago and liked, but wanted to hear from those using it for some time... how is the "bib" part for summer rides? doable?
    I've been using the enduro bibs for a few months. No problem with the "bib" part, not warm or tight. I used the small pockets a lot. Unfortunately, the bibs didn't survive my last serious crash but I'm considering buying replacements as soon as temperatures rise again.

mtbr member
    I own the Enduro bib and I'm very happy with the comfort and quality of material and fit but I wear mine underneath shorts and top because most of my trail riding is more geared for durability from the terrain and elements. Cactus and long overgrown thorn branches from cottonwood trees will tear through some materials as well as the fact that I still have my occasional mishaps due to my own lack of skill.

If your riding relatively tame XC trails you will love the Enduro bib as your primary kit.

mtbr member

Name:	YetiShorts.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	1103526

To be fair, one of my Levi Commuter series jeans has the same problem, which has a deeper olive dye. There's still signs of abrasion on my other shorts, they're just not as visibly noticeable. Something to do with the fabric; it seems to show dirt very easily. Just rubbing against my car will have all the minor dust, which isn't obviously apparent, showing very visibly on the shorts. Trying to brush it off with my glove, will transfer the dust that has accumulated on the glove onto the fabric.
    Does everyone have this problem with the Freeland shorts?

mtbr member
    Same with my Freeland shorts but they are 3 years old and still going strong..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Those are skid marks, not abrasions.

Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug 2008
    The wife hooked me up for Christmas with a Factory Edition Enduro 3/4 sleeve jersey. Love the "athletic fit" approach with these.

Also grabbed a black / turquoise hoody (wear it every day) and the backpack. I'll post photos some time - its all nice stuff.
    --------------------------
    Rokworth.com
    MTB Reviews & Tests - for the love of writing and riding

mtbr member
    I'll shortly order some new 2017 apparel and post my impressions. I was give a 2017 Tolland short sleeve jersey during the tribe ride and I can already say it's my favorite riding top. The small details like venting under the sleeve are genius. I hope to get a few new pairs of gloves as well.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Not necessarily locker related, but Yeti is now selling touch up paint and carbon branded bars!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Updated pic, this time fresh after a social paced ride (37 miles over 4.5 hours):

Yeti gear Fanatic ? Whats in your locker ? Review fit, durability and quality !!-yetifreelandshortupdate.jpg

Can sort of see how there's a lot of creasing going on, despite me stretching some of them out. Can see evidence in the earlier pic too. Can hypothesize that there's a lot of fabric movement, from that alone. At least it's a better hypothesis than poop somehow making it from inside padded cycling shorts to somehow deposit on the outside of your shorts and seemingly do more visible damage than mud, grit, and other dirt.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

mtbr member
    ^^^^ I love the Old School Jacket ProFro, looks great.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Regarding the Freeland shorts, do they fit a bit small in the waist? I've never been a size large but I picked up a used pair of size large because the price was too good and they fit pretty well. Did everyone else buy their normal size waist?

mtbr member
    Regarding the Freeland shorts, do they fit a bit small in the waist? I've never been a size large but I picked up a used pair of size large because the price was too good and they fit pretty well. Did everyone else buy their normal size waist?
    yeti shorts run small, I wear 30 street pants also use troy lee and fox small/30, but I have to go with yeti medium/32, it's normal to size up on yeti shorts.

mtbr member
    yeti shorts run small, I wear 30 street pants also use troy lee and fox small/30, but I have to go with yeti medium/32, it's normal to size up on yeti shorts.
    Ok. Great. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Does anyone know what changed between the 2015 and new Enduro shorts? I have the 2015 and love them, wondering if its worth buying another set cheap or getting the newer version.
    Thanks
    ASR-C

ARC Carbon- 9kg of awesomeness- reitred
    SB-95C- play bike- retired

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Yes, they run small compared to most other American leg wear, but I found the size chart trustworthy. I did actual measurements and the Yetis are very well fitted. Most my other stuff runs a bit too loose.

mtbr member

Yes, they run small compared to most other American leg wear, but I found the size chart trustworthy. I did actual measurements and the Yetis are very well fitted. Most my other stuff runs a bit too loose.
    the issue is the lack of consistency with sizing, both freeland and enduro shorts use the same chart but the freeland has a considerably larger waist, I'd say the freeland is more true to size conpared to the enduro shorts, another good example is tld ace vs ruckus shorts, same size chart but not the same waist size!

seems like brands can't make different style shorts both respecting the size chart, not sure why is so hard to make a relaxed and trim fit shorts without messing the waist size!

I never tried 2 different sizes of the freeland / enduro so I can't really tell how the enduro compares to a downsized freeland, but for the same size the ensuro has a smaller waist, the size M/32 fits more like a 30 while the size M/32 freeland has some room to spare on my size 30 waist.

mtbr member
    Asked this on the 2017 thread got no feedback, so gonna try here...

unfortunately I'm not getting along with my medium freeland shorts, just too baggy for riding. great if I'd like to use around town. So the question is, it's a good 1" or more larger waist than the enduro shorts in medium as well, which fits me great.

should I try to size down to a small freeland shorts? does anybody has any idea on the size difference between sizes? I just don't wanna order something I have no chance of fitting.

I'm guessing that sizing should be something like this small freeland < medium enduro < medium freeland, I have some room to spare in the medium, but if there is a big difference between sizes I won't fit into a small

did anybody sized down on the freeland compared to the enduro shorts?

mtbr member
    Asked this on the 2017 thread got no feedback, so gonna try here...

unfortunately I'm not getting along with my medium freeland shorts, just too baggy for riding. great if I'd like to use around town. So the question is, it's a good 1" or more larger waist than the enduro shorts in medium as well, which fits me great.

should I try to size down to a small freeland shorts? does anybody has any idea on the size difference between sizes? I just don't wanna order something I have no chance of fitting.

I'm guessing that sizing should be something like this small freeland < medium enduro < medium freeland, I have some room to spare in the medium, but if there is a big difference between sizes I won't fit into a small

did anybody sized down on the freeland compared to the enduro shorts?
    okay, I ended up pulling the trigger on a freeland small and I'm sizing down to it. They are a little smaller in the waist compared to the enduro size medium, but quite a bit smaller than the freeland size medium. Sizing would be Freeland S < Enduro M < Freeland M, also quite a bit of difference in terms of bagginess of the short compared to the size medium, still more room in the legs than the Enduro M

The medium just didn't work for me... unfortunately I'm pass my return date, so if anyone is interested I'm selling it and asking $60 shipped to you, used once. shorts are spotless and would pass by brand new. New color storm (navy/orange) size medium.

mtbr member
    some new pieces for me, I don't love the sponsors but also don't hate not as bad as I imagine, but could not resist the Murica jersey!

mtbr member
    Nice, I purchased the same Jersey and hat as you and it's waiting for me at home when I return from my trip.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Yep...waited too long to pull the trigger on the 'Murcia jersey...in XL.

I guess these were really limited as opposed to the previous replicas. Oh well...

mtbr member
    Yep...waited too long to pull the trigger on the 'Murcia jersey...in XL.

I guess these were really limited as opposed to the previous replicas. Oh well...

Me to. Need a large

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk