Thread: Yeti fat bike??

Techno-Beaver

Yeti fat bike??

What do you think? I know here in the midwest, everyone and their mom is riding one. What are the chances? When I close my eyes, the vision is exquisite.
    Epic Ride. Epic Lunch.

parts leftover
    And a Yeti FBS (Fat Bike Snowman) in turquoise would be winter fresh!

Long live the ASR-7
    Do they race fatbikes? Hand built, race bred. I personally don't see it happening.

Techno-Beaver
    Yes. People race fatbikes.
    Epic Ride. Epic Lunch.

parts leftover
    There's even a national champion.

mtbr member
    Don't get me wrong, Ned is easily in the top 5 most talented MTB racers that ever lived (probably more like top 2-3), but come on, a guy who's nearly 60 winning a "national championship" says a lot about the level of competition.

I know fatbikes are popular these days, there are a zillion of them and no substantial difference from one to the next. If Yeti made one they should call it MT ("me too").

parts leftover
    Nonsense. By that argument, Yeti would have never ventured into 29ers and left the segment to Gary Fisher and Specialized. It's comparatively very early on for fatbikes. It's when a new application is just starting to become popular that the most potential to do something innovative is available.

Now if Yeti does it, they should because they want to ride it themselves and feel they have something interesting to offer that people will buy. And because their logo is an abominable snowman.

Techno-Beaver
    Schlim for mayor. Nicely said. I'm getting ready to start a custom build on a 9:zero:7 carbon and I wish like crazy that it was going to be TURQUOISE! My luck is that Yeti will announce a fatbike the day I get done with my build.

Whatever they come out with, fatbike or not, is going to be amazing. Tribe for life.
    Epic Ride. Epic Lunch.

Member of The Yeti Tribe

Re: Yeti fat bike??

Quote Originally Posted by schlim View Post
    because their logo is an abominable snowman.
    Had me sold here...

A fat bike would be cool but I have to think that they are working on a 27.5 SB66 replacement right now. Currently a hole in the lineup without it.

That said, a fat bike would certainly extend the riding season for them there in Colorado... I am sure it's been discussed, but I still don't think it's a big enough market for them to focus on right now..

*Queue John P. Proving me wrong.*

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Stop this Derailleur Madness!!.... De-Rail-er

See what the God of bikes has to say about it..

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    There's been some talk of a fat bike, but to the best of my knowledge I don't think there are any plans to do one anytime soon. I include that phrase 'to the best of my knowledge', because I was just told of another project the other day that our design team has been working on for months. Sometimes the lowly sales guys are the last ones to know.

For my part, I'm not too keen on the idea. I agree that fat bikes are tons of fun and we could probably sell a lot of them. That being said, I think it gets away from our core philosophy, "race bred". Doba astutely pointed this out earlier in the thread. My personal opinion is that there are a lot of bikes we could sell loads of if we designed them well enough to put our name on them, but I'd rather see us use our finite resources to stick to our guns and continue to improve our core offerings.

Time will tell, I guess.

JP
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    There's been some talk of a fat bike, but to the best of my knowledge I don't think there are any plans to do one anytime soon. I include that phrase 'to the best of my knowledge', because I was just told of another project the other day that our design team has been working on for months. Sometimes the lowly sales guys are the last ones to know.

For my part, I'm not too keen on the idea. I agree that fat bikes are tons of fun and we could probably sell a lot of them. That being said, I think it gets away from our core philosophy, "race bred". Doba astutely pointed this out earlier in the thread. My personal opinion is that there are a lot of bikes we could sell loads of if we designed them well enough to put our name on them, but I'd rather see us use our finite resources to stick to our guns and continue to improve our core offerings.

Time will tell, I guess.

JP
    I would have had one of them Yeti BMX bikes if I had the budget. Can I have one of each model please?

parts leftover

Yeti fat bike??

Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    There's been some talk of a fat bike, but to the best of my knowledge I don't think there are any plans to do one anytime soon.
    If you do decide to make one, you should call it something awesome like the Yeti Abominable.
    Last edited by schlim; 03-13-2014 at 10:53 PM.