Ride Driven
    Jun 2011

Yeti Cycles Demo - McDowell

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Demo trucks will be heading to the Phoenix area soon. we will be set up out at McDowell Mountain Regional Park on Saturday November 23rd from 12 Noon - 5PM and Sunday from 9AM-2PM. we will have over 50 bikes available to demo, featuring our award winning SB66c, SB95c, ARC-C, and all new SB75 and 575. all bikes are first come first served but we will have at lest one of every size, and multiples of popular models/sizes.

come spend weekend riding or just stop by to talk bikes.

where: McDowell Mountain Regional Park
    when: Saturday November 23rd 12PM- 5PM
    Sunday November 24th 9AM-2PM

All Demos are free but ID, Credit Card and Helmet are REQUIRED!!

Hope to see you there,
    BP

McDowell Mountain Regional Park Arizona Trail Reviews

Parks & Recreation - Maricopa County

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I will be there with bells on .

Ridin bikes is fun
    I'm there, SB75 and SB95C. Can't wait!!
    Better than most, not as good as some.

Ride Driven
    Jun 2011
    Hey everyone,
    Unfortunately due to a winter storm in Colorado and forecasted flash floods at McDowell we will be postponing this weekends demo. We are trying to reschedule for the first or second weekend in December and will repost those dates as soon as there locked in. Sorry for the delay but it will be well worth the wait.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Yeti Cycles- Demo

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by YetiDemo View Post
    Hey everyone,
    Unfortunately due to a winter storm in Colorado and forecasted flash floods at McDowell we will be postponing this weekends demo. We are trying to reschedule for the first or second weekend in December and will repost those dates as soon as there locked in. Sorry for the delay but it will be well worth the wait.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Yeti Cycles- Demo
    Oh God no , I can't be reading this , I will have to go back on my antipsychotic meds , this was going to be my only saving grace .

Oh well , December is coming fast

Ride Driven
    Jun 2011
    Mark your calendars.

New date will be January 11 & 12th same time same place.

I wil remind you again when we get a little closer.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Yeti Cycles-Demo

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Jan 11th is quickly approaching...this still on?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I hope its still on , it should be a good weekend

Ride Driven
    Jun 2011
    Yes the demo is still on!! Hopefully the weather cooperates this time around. We will be set up out at McDowell Mountain Regional Park on Saturday January 11 from 12 Noon - 5PM and Sunday the 12th from 9AM-2PM. we will have over 50 bikes available to demo, featuring our award winning SB66c, SB95c, ARC-C, and all new SB75 and 575. all bikes are first come first served but we will have at lest one of every size, and multiples of popular models/sizes.

come spend weekend riding or just stop by to talk bikes.

where: McDowell Mountain Regional Park
    when: Saturday January 11th from 12PM- 5PM
    Sunday January 12th from 9AM-2PM

All Demos are free but ID, Credit Card and Helmet are REQUIRED!!

Hope to see you there,
    BP

McDowell Mountain Regional Park Arizona Trail Reviews

Parks & Recreation - Maricopa County

mtbr member
    Last day to demo from 9am - 2pm today. I went out yesterday and they have ~50 bikes to go ride.

I road the new 575 and SB75.

The 575 made me feel at home (I've been riding them for years) with bigger wheels it rolled a little better and the mid stroke was much improved.

The SB75 I liked but the brakes were not dialed so it messed up the ride for me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I really had a good time at the Yeti Demo , all the Yeti guys were great I can't thank them enough for coming.

I road the 75 and the 66C , and being honest I really liked the 66C better , now in all fairness the 75 was a large and even tho the numbers show it to almost be an XL chassis its not , so it was too small for me and I did not feel comfortable at all and was cramped in the cockpit so I had to work extra hard for the climbs , the descents were good and it stuck the corners good , Yeti said they were coming out with the XL in the 75 line soon I will have to try an XL and see how it works for me then, so I can't really give an accurate review on the 75 .

Then I road the XL 66C and that bike fit me great , it climbed really well , it descended great , steered well and just worked very good , I had alot of fun on the 66C , if I wanted a 26" bike this would be the bike for me , as a plus it had my favorite XX1 transmission on it But I found that the 32 tooth front ring on the 26" wheel was way too deep for me and I could have used a 34 or 36 tooth , thats something I would not have known because I have only ridden XX1 on my 29er .

I would like to see yeti run RS Pike Forks on their bikes , maybe next year.

Then I got out my 95 and did one last loop on my bike and finished up a great day , I have to admit that for me I like the faster climbing smoother rolling 29er over the 26 or 27.5 ,

Tribe Member
    Strange that the have a truck full of 66c's when last week they told us they are no longer in production. Would like to hear more about likes/dislikes of sb75s
    Last edited by yetirich; 01-12-2014 at 10:30 PM.
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yetirich View Post
    Strange that the have a truck full of 66c's when last week the told us they are no longer in production. Would like to hear more about likes/dislikes of sb75s
    They did have a lot of 66's , 575's 75's and 95's , the little 75 was cool I just need an XL chassis.

I will say that the 75 was more planted and precise in handling than the 66 , it has a lot of the habits of the 95 in a way , it was easier to be smoother and it was razor sharp , but I was so cramped It killed me on the climbs ( thats my fault not the bikes problem ) but the 66 is a great 26er no doubt .

The Fox fork on the 75 was really sticky and harsh ( there again not the bikes fault , and I run a Pike so I am jaded and I am old and broken and need smooth soft forks )

The fox fork on the 66 actually worked fair ( which is rare but it did ) .

yes the 66 is a great bike and I really can't see it getting discontinued , it will be a shame .

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    i'd be really interested in anyones thoughts comparing the sb75 to the new 27.5 575, handling, climing characterstics, "lightness". overall fee etc

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I rode the 27.5 575 at Outerbike in October. I own a 95c, and looking at the geo and travel figured the 75 would ride like my 95 with a shorter wheelbase, and obviously be heavier. Yeti guys at the demo echoed that sentiment, so off I went on the 575. While heavier than my 95c, it wasn't noticeable weight. I'm 140 lbs, and owned an ASR5c before my 95c, so the ASR platform has always been very efficient for me, not "stand up, mash on the pedals" stable like the Switch, but I prefer it to say VPP. I really liked the 575, super playful, slack geo, reminded me most of the 66. I rode a SC Bronson that weekend as well, and hands down had more fun on the 575.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I really wanted to ride the 27 575 and I am upset that I did not .
    The little bike should be really cool and looked really good in Yellow.
    I was already spent coming in to the ride day , and all the riding I did killed me badly and I just did not have another loop in me

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Oh shoot!!!! I missed it!

I really wanted to test out the 575, as that is #1 on my list for a new trail bike.

I hope it was good...