Thread: Yeti box pic

mtbr member

Yeti box pic

More pics to follow

mtbr member
    Goog,
    You're going about this all wrong. First you're supposed to submit about 150 posts going back on forth on whether a Yeti “model A” or Yeti “model B” is best for you. After which you’re supposed to post another 100 times in other manufacturer forums as to whether you really should buy a Titus, Turner, Ventana, etc., rather than the Yeti you know you really want. Then you’re supposed to test them all, post another 50 times, explaining how you’ve finally completely realized that you really do want a Yeti. After that you’re supposed to ache as you realize that a Yeti is a lot of money, and how you should be pragmatic and wait until the time is financially perfect for you to invest in what will make you happy. . . and post about that another 50 times. Then finally, you post 30 more times about how you’re on the verge of ordering your Yeti (your dreambike), and just need to make sure you’re getting the perfect components. After which (to hell with pragmatism) you finally order the bike, submit another 40 posts, wait until your bike arrives and then, and only then, should you post a picture of a box.

You need to build up to this moment, man.

j/k Goog. Complete congrats on joining the tribe. Can't wait to see the pics.

ivi - just messin with ya.

Ant

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Man there is a serious influx into the tribe today!

And lets end that suspense! More pics!

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio
    Goog,
    You're going about this all wrong. First you're supposed to submit about 150 posts going back on forth on whether a Yeti “model A” or Yeti “model B” is best for you. After which you’re supposed to post another 100 times in other manufacturer forums as to whether you really should buy a Titus, Turner, Ventana, etc., rather than the Yeti you know you really want. Then you’re supposed to test them all, post another 50 times, explaining how you’ve finally completely realized that you really do want a Yeti. After that you’re supposed to ache as you realize that a Yeti is a lot of money, and how you should be pragmatic and wait until the time is financially perfect for you to invest in what will make you happy. . . and post about that another 50 times. Then finally, you post 30 more times about how you’re on the verge of ordering your Yeti (your dreambike), and just need to make sure you’re getting the perfect components. After which (to hell with pragmatism) you finally order the bike, submit another 40 posts, wait until your bike arrives and then, and only then, should you post a picture of a box.

Ant
    Yes, that is the general template for this stuff. It serves a lot of purposes like actually getting people in the tribe to participate in the forum process. Without all the questions and debate starters and comparisons what tends to happen is that the Yeti forum gets a little stale. Man, you have to play this game right, you can't just go out and buy a Yeti totally unannounced. By doing so you throw the whole mechanism out of kilter.

Besides, if you know how to milk it right by the time you are done, half the people on the MTBR forums know who you are and someone will start a contest in your honor and you will wind up getting not only a free beer glass for yourself but also for one other fortunate member. All this is wasted on a spur of the moment purchase...

In the end you even wind up having people genuinely rooting for you and saying their prayers at night for you and checking on your well being. Some are so connected to the drama that even seemingly disappointing moments cause them to mourn for you. If you aren't milking the process then as quickly as the purchase is announced it is forgotten.

Congrats on the new purchase but don't expect a lot of love from these drama loving tribesmen...

Hi!!!
    Is it a 303?
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    . . . If you aren't milking the process then as quickly as the purchase is announced it is forgotten.

Congrats on the new purchase but don't expect a lot of love from these drama loving tribesmen...
    So true.

mtbr member

also...

Quote Originally Posted by antonio
    Goog,

Ant
    about 20 posts on how to set it up even BEFORE you get the bike....hehe....

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    303, I doubt it, goog's too tight for that.

surly inbred
    ... what tends to happen is that the Yeti forum gets a little stale.
    Could it be that just maybe Tribefolk are *gasp* actually out riding?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Bugger I read this to late, maybe I should cancel my 575 order and start from the begining.

No way, getting a new bike already takes to long. Made the mistake of selling my old bike before ordering the new one.

mtbr member

Upset

Besides, if you know how to milk it right by the time you are done, half the people on the MTBR forums know who you are and someone will start a contest in your honor and you will wind up getting not only a free beer glass for yourself but also for one other fortunate member.
    Free beer glass

Here's the donor bike awaiting its dismantling

mtbr member
    The transplant was a complete success

Guess I'm in the tribe now

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by goog
    The transplant was a complete success
    Guess I'm in the tribe now
    Looks like you had some adjustments up front as well. Great fork, love it.

mtbr member
    Woo Hoo !

I took her/it for its first ride yesterday to some of the finest single track Wales had to offer and I'm [SIZE="3"]VERY IMPRESSED[/SIZE] she climbs well ! even when I was out of the saddle stomping on the pedals things were good, and the descents were outrageously fast as the bike did its job of eating up everything I asked of it, rock gardens steps drop offs roots you name it the bike soaked it all up

I just need to find/fix a creak that developed towards the end of the ride and that my freinds camera was working

mtbr member
    very nice, indeed. welcome to the tribe.

Ant - off to yet another early morning ride on my 575

Spin-stabilized

Singletrack in Wales!

Quote Originally Posted by goog
    Woo Hoo !

I took her/it for its first ride yesterday to some of the finest single track Wales had to offer and I'm [SIZE="3"]VERY IMPRESSED[/SIZE] she climbs well ! even when I was out of the saddle stomping on the pedals things were good, and the descents were outrageously fast as the bike did its job of eating up everything I asked of it, rock gardens steps drop offs roots you name it the bike soaked it all up

I just need to find/fix a creak that developed towards the end of the ride and that my freinds camera was working

Oh please do post some trail riding pictures!

Nice bike. Congrats!