mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Yeti ASX vs. Spec Enduro Expert

Opinions on weight difference, handling and travel between the two? How light can one get the ASX and at what cost? Which bike is burlier. Any input appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    it's a bad comparison since the enduro is a trail bike and AS-X is for freeride.

mtbr member
    Yeah those two bikes are not really comparable. The 575 and the Enduro would be a better comparison, but in that case the Enduro is burlier, heavier, and a little slacker.

The ASX and the Spec. SX Trail would be a better comparison, since the SX trail is the freeride version of the Enduro and has more travel. In this case, they would be similar in weight if the parts build was the same, similar handling due to their slack angles, but I would say the ASX is probably a littler burlier being a more dedicated freeride bike. If you are worried about weight, than the ASX is probably not the bike for you.

Of course, I'm sure someone could provide more info if you told us what type of riding you plan on doing, whether this is your only bike, etc.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    JustMtnB44 I am from Williamsville, N.Y., moved here to Prescott, AZ in January. Good to hear from someone back home! What do you figure an AS-X weight with an average build? I do ride lots of Mtns and thought the extra travel would be great in rock gardens. My Enduro Expert is no light weight either, probably 33 lbs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tls36
    JustMtnB44 I am from Williamsville, N.Y., moved here to Prescott, AZ in January. Good to hear from someone back home! What do you figure an AS-X weight with an average build? I do ride lots of Mtns and thought the extra travel would be great in rock gardens. My Enduro Expert is no light weight either, probably 33 lbs.
    Cool, I'm from South Wales (near Hunter's Creek). How does the riding in AZ compare to around here? I just got a 575 last summer, and it's been good so far but I'm starting to lean more to the FR side as well. I don't know for sure, but I think the ASX is probably around 40 lbs for an average build, but could probably be as light as 35 with the right parts. I thought of getting one myself, but it's too much bike for normal trail riding around here. Hopefully next year I can get one in addition to my 575 for my more aggressive days and trips to shuttle parks.