mtbr member

Yeti ASR5 Closeouts?

I am looking to get on the Yeti bandwagon, though it seems I am about 6-8 months too late to get the AS-R 5. Does anyone know where I can find a large frame these days without importing from the UK? That seems to be the only place I can find any in stock at all. Any help would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I just saw two ASR5s (alloy) go through eBay really, really cheap. They were brand-new, one large and one medium. They both sold for about 1600 / 1700 total, including shipping.

I was kinda thinking about an ASR5c and was looking around for a frame or deal in general. Frames are out there, complete bikes are out there, but for me, I was not opposed to buying something pre-owned, but very clean. eBay, Pinkbike, MTBR, etc.

I wonder if Yeti would even do some footwork for you - I'm sure they know what dealers in the US sold the most ASR5s (there are Yeti dealers here who, for example, only sold ASR5s and didn't even bother carrying the 575 - they wanted to specialize in XC, etc) - maybe they could help you find a leftover sitting on the floor somewhere.

mtbr member
    Hrm, I have had a search on ebay for a month or so now. Havent seen any frames go up. Maybe I need to change my search terms...

Thanks for the idea, I was actually just thinking of emailing them directly. We shall see what comes out of it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by honns View Post
    Hrm, I have had a search on ebay for a month or so now. Havent seen any frames go up. Maybe I need to change my search terms...

Thanks for the idea, I was actually just thinking of emailing them directly. We shall see what comes out of it.
    The two that I was referring to on eBay, were complete bikes, by the way. At $1700 or so, it would have been a great buy, even if you just wanted the frame. Strip it, sell the parts you don't want and go. I was tempted to buy one and do just that.