mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Yeti asr5 carbon

Current bike is a 2009 Scott genius 10. Looking to buy a yeti asr5 carbon frame and transfer as many of the other parts as I can from the Scott.

Never done this before so can anyone confirm what else I'd have to buy (ie what will not fit). I understand that the seat tube diameter will be different which will also affect the front mech size and seat post/seat post collar.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Bike will come with a seat collar - easy

FD on genius used to be e-type. Technically you could still use it with a few mods, but its best to buy a new one (they never seem to last long before developing slop). 34.9 bottom pull, bottom swing (or traditional shape) is what you need.

Seatpost is 30.9

Everything else will transfer, but make sure you completely re-cable the bike. Hopefully rear brake line should be long enough.
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    What about the bottom bracket and crank? I get confused with the whole hollow tech II thing with shimano. Will that transfer over?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Yes. You will need one extra 2.5mm spacer if you ditch the e-type FD. Otherwise they should just go straight over.
    The yeti needs one spacer on the drive side only.
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

dfo
    mtbr member
    The ASR-5 has a tapered headtube: 1 1/8" at the top, 1 1/5" at the bottom. You will need a new headset with an adaptor kit for your fork's 1 1/8" Steer Tube... or change the fork ;o)

Dan
    It is not the fall that kills you. Its the sudden stop at the end. - D.Adams.