mtbr member
    Feb 2013

New question here. yeti asr-5 with a G2 gemetry fox talas rp24?

Hey folks. Ive currently got a fisher roscoe 3, but the inevitable has happened and a crack has appeared on the chainstay. none left at trek/fisher. Ive got the chance of picking up a 2012 yeti asr -5 for a real good price, and i was just going to swap all my components over.. only aprehension ive got is that the fork is a FOX TALAS RP24 and its G2 geometry..will i notice the difference in crown size 'that' much?

> /dev/null 2&>1
    How much is the offset on those G2s? Is it offset forward or back?

Also what is the fork travel?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    they are 51mm offset forward ( i think a standard offset is 44mm) the travel on the fork is 100-120-140mm. Im thinking that the travel is fine as ive looked through loads of threads and on the yeti website, its just the offset.. would the offset just mean that the steering might be a 'bit' sharper?

mtbr member
    Trek typically replaces those frames with whatever is current assuming you qualify for warranty. I'd suggest getting the new frame and selling it to cover cost of new fork. New bikes deserve new forks IMO. I took the new frame Trek gave me when my Fisher broke for the third time, rebuilt the new frame with the old parts and sold it on ebay to raise $ for a Yeti.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Unfortunately I wasnt the original owner so they wouldnt entertain me. My forks have just been rebuilt by mojo with new stanchions, talas mech and seals etc, so not wanting to shell out anymore..just pulled the trigger and bought the asr 5..