mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Yeti Arc with 650b wheels? Anybody tried

I've got a late 90's Arc frame that I thought I could turn into a 650b singlespeed. Has anybody experimented with the 650b wheels fitting?
    thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    What size frame? My experience is with a size small frame (2011) built for my girlfriend. There is a brace between the seat stays that would have me concerned about the fit for a bigger wheel. I will note that I remember there being plenty of clearance at the chain stays.

If you have the frame, some 26" wheels, and a measuring tape, I'd measure the clearances you have, and then research what you need for the proposed set of 650b wheels and tires. Don't forget the tires, as they can be the crucial difference.

Best of luck

mtbr member
    I know 650b works on a medium ARC (2012 model) - but they're all virtually the same the last few years.

mtbr member
    the size small should fit 650b as well
    Last edited by Phatpants; 04-25-2012 at 05:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Any confirmation of the small or X-small size? My wife had an x-small ARC a few years ago and loved it. She's really wanting a small 650b hardtail for next year and I'm having a hard time tracking something nice down. If a yeti would work... that would be awesome.

She raced on an S-works 29er 15.5" this past season and while it worked well... she'd prefer to be on a smaller bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The tyres should fit on an ARC, however you should watch the FD clearance.

I tried to fit the 650B wheelset (Hope/Arch EX/Schwalbe Racing Ralph) from a friend on my Large ARC and while the tyres fit, I had issues with the 3 x 10 FD while shifting to the smallest chainring.
    Should work with a 2 x 10 system though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for the info. She would be running a 1x10 setup, so that gains us a little room. A friend of ours has an ARC for a couple years back, I don't think they've changed much... So we are going to toss the wheels on there and see how it fits.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Sorry to bring up an old thread - but I am considering purchasing a Yeti Arc frame (2012), and fitting 650b wheels and fork. I am 6'1" so believe a large frame will be best suited to me. I was just wondering if anyone had attempted this?

Quote Originally Posted by mtncampbell View Post
    I know 650b works on a medium ARC (2012 model) - but they're all virtually the same the last few years.
    I presume a large frame would have no problems with 650b, as it will have more clearance than the medium (which works)?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1977 View Post
    The tyres should fit on an ARC, however you should watch the FD clearance.

I tried to fit the 650B wheelset (Hope/Arch EX/Schwalbe Racing Ralph) from a friend on my Large ARC and while the tyres fit, I had issues with the 3 x 10 FD while shifting to the smallest chainring.
    Should work with a 2 x 10 system though.
    What is FD?