Who is John Galt?

Yeti adjustment frustration

Finally got my bike, didn't have to do much to put it together. But what has me stumped is getting the front derralieur adjusted. No matter what I do it always seems to drag on one or the other sprocket. Can anyone give me advice on this? Might just admit defeat and haul it to the LBS for adjustment tomorrow.

Bike looks great despite UPS;s best efforts to demolish it. FullCycle really knows how to pack them. I did note the front brake lever hanging out of the box but it didn't seem to hurt things. I was missing the skewers but Wil is overnighting them and I stole the set off my son's bike to get things rolling.

For those of you buying one of these mail order, you will have to install the fork (just attach it, it's already cut), adjust the seat and handlebar, and put the wheels on and rear derralieur on. Cassette was installed. Mine came with tires mounted.

Rear derrallier seemed to be adjusted OK but the front was way off.

Oh yeah, I also forgot I have Schrader valves on my old bike, so of course my pump only handles Schrader and the new one is Presta. Need one more thing, a new pump before I can ride it. Need to play the theme from that ketchup commercial, Anticipation...

This is one sweet machine.

One more thing, I bought as Parks work stand and that makes assembly and adjustment so much easier. Highly recommend this purchase. Got mine from Blue Sky Cycling, they seemed to have the best price.

Shot some pictures but can't get them in the computer till Thursday. Maybe I'll have some action shots then too.
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    talk about coincidence. Just got my 575 from full cycle 10 days ago. Assembly was no problem, just a few adjustments to fit my size. Set-up with the derailers seemed ok prior to my first ride however out on the trails I ran into a few problems.The friont derailer definately needs some work. Bought a parks stand yesterday and plan to do some work soon.

Who is John Galt?
    BTW, I have SRAM x.9 shifters and rear der., but XT front. That should work, right?
    What, me hurry?

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac
    BTW, I have SRAM x.9 shifters and rear der., but XT front. That should work, right?
    Exact same setup I'm using, no rubbing problems in any gear. I'd say maybe take it in to the bike shop for a quick tweak. Also remember that sometimes in the stand the adjustment may not be perfect, but with you seated on the bike the alignment changes some.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac
    Finally got my bike, didn't have to do much to put it together. But what has me stumped is getting the front derralieur adjusted. No matter what I do it always seems to drag on one or the other sprocket. Can anyone give me advice on this? Might just admit defeat and haul it to the LBS for adjustment tomorrow.
    Try this:
    http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=75

Who is John Galt?
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho

I saw that, might have helped except I don't have a printer...I took the bike to the LBS this morning and begged forgiveness for not buying it there. $35 for a full adjustment, money well spent! So in about 10 minutes I am going to ride this beast for the first time. Report to come!
    What, me hurry?