Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "Its All Good"

Yeti 575's are beautiful as are Titus MotoLite's

Fellow Yeti riders, we from the Titus forum were not at all dissing your steads, not at all, some of us just had a minor issue with a call that the ML climbed like crap. It would be like if I said the 575 climbed like crap. It is not true, there is right and wrong in this instance.

Sure some folk may feel that either bike does not climb as good as something else, but too say they climb like crap is bollocks...

This thread:

Mba

started as by ShanePVT saw a test on the Carbon rare ended Yeti, GreenBonty then requested a ride report on the ML, then

[SIZE="7"]BOOM[/SIZE] The thread went too crap........ So let us get back to what we love to do, RIDE...

This thread was messed up by our friend Jerk Chicken commenting and using what he found was his deffinition of reverse psychology. JC knock it on the head, seriously man, most of your posts are interesting, you have gone a little potty.... I mean using the name Vyatec, using that constantly, you say you are not about causing trouble, yeah mate, two wrongs dont make a right................

So let us have peace with the Yeti and Titus Folk......
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Hi!!!
    Yeti's are no Ellsworth though!!!!!!!!!
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

mtbr member

I'll drink for that

Sorry it went this way. I asked question out of simple curiosity and the fact I could not demo an ML myself . I like my Yeti very much, but chances are if I demoed the ML I would have liked it too. It's actually you guys that convinced me to go 5x5 when I asked the Titus board "ML or RX". As said before my very short encounter with a real ML was positive. If I'll find an ML owner here (their are quite a few blue MLs smoking the local trails) that will want to go ride together, I'll sure do it. It's a shame I can not ride your's since it looks Great!.
    As said by others before, I know that most riders are extremely nice to each other on the trail.
    Cheers
    GB

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    That's true- because all Ellsworth bikes climb like old 300 lb women

Seriously though, it good that we get input from other riders too. JC is going progressively insane. He is going to snap one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Yeti's are no Ellsworth though!!!!!!!!!

Who is John Galt?

Meet you at Competitive Cyclist

Sometime this fall I plan a trip to Arkansas, where my nephew is serving with the Air force, and I am going to pay a visit to Competitive Cyclist. They sell a lot of the boutique bikes-- Titus, Ellsworth, Intense, Ventana, Turner, Salsa. I'll ride 'em all and give you the 411 and we'll settle this thing once and for all. Provided you think like me, have a little trouble getting up the hills and favor Yetis...

Maybe we should all meet there, ride em and have some beer if you can get one in Arkansas. by the way, if you have the bucks this place will mail you a high-end bike you can test for a couple weeks. I think it's about $250, they charge your credit card for the entire bike and give you a credit when it comes back in one piece. A lot of change for a demo but it could help you make the right decision on a high dollar bike since you can ride on your own trails.
    What, me hurry?

Bad Case of the Mondays
    That other thread was ridiculous, I didn't even want to start reading it as there was no worthwhile information on it.

I really have nothing to add here except that I like Whafe's avatar.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator

Me too...

I really dislike how it turned out on that thread....

Now if Whafe would send his Exogrid ML to Germany, I could do a fair comparison after I get my 575 frame sometime next week.

How does that sound Whafe?

Cheers,
    Cris

mtbr member
    Yeah Whafe, awesome build on your ML. Too bad your frame climbs like crap.

Just messin' with ya.

Ant

thats right living legend

Yeah!

That other thread went to crap... sorry about that. That JC dude goes way back over on the Titus board, and he just brought out the worst in me. The real honest to goodness truth is, I think Yeti's rock, and that racing turqous "sorry spelling" color looks the bomb.

You guy's remember that 575 pic that was floating around, a pretty long while back. It was a pic of a 575 at the top of a Mnt with a big american flag? Well that's the coolest pic of a MTB I've ever seen, and if I would have had a dealer at the time I might have bought one.

Anyway I just got back from a "rare" monday ride, and after a long weekend of riding I'm bushed! Again Yeti's are cool, the 575's cool, and you guy's are totally cool.

mtbr member

On the other hand...

Jerk Chicken is not cool

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I support the offer of peace between Yeti and Titus

mtbr member
    i like titus too, my choice wouldn't have come down to the 575 and ML if i didn't have respect for the bike. hope you titus guys don't have to deal with much more of that sh!t.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    I really dislike how it turned out on that thread....

Now if Whafe would send his Exogrid ML to Germany, I could do a fair comparison after I get my 575 frame sometime next week.

How does that sound Whafe?

Cheers,
    Cris
    Dude, would be well keen to ride your 575. In New Zealand they were as rare as hens teeth, so never saw them, along with In Spain... Not that asthetics are everything, but the Yeti colour is the bomb. Fantastic colour................ Get your butt and 575 to Barcelona and we can shred some trails and you can demo a sex on toast ML.....LOL
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    I really have nothing to add here except that I like Whafe's avatar.
    Mu own avatar makes me go weak at the knees, I often like a change, but cannot let her go, I dont fear committment with her, them, that what ever..............So it, them, they will stay a little longer......................

Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Dude, would be well keen to ride your 575. In New Zealand they were as rare as hens teeth, so never saw them, along with In Spain... Not that asthetics are everything, but the Yeti colour is the bomb. Fantastic colour................ Get your butt and 575 to Barcelona and we can shred some trails and you can demo a sex on toast ML.....LOL
    You said it! I might take you up on this offer..... one Ryan Air flight and I am there!!! Let's see ... only one thing I got the "raw" one, I liked how "low profile" it looks (kind of opposite to your ML, that really stands out )

Cheers,
    Cris
    Last edited by crisillo; 07-31-2006 at 11:29 PM.

"Its All Good"
    You said it! I might take you up on this offer..... one Ryan Air flight and I am there!!! Let's see ... only one thing I got the "raw" one, I liked how "low profile" it looks (kind of opposite you your ML, that really stands out )

Cheers,
    Cris
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours...............nah, really, post a pic of your raw one.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours...............nah, really, post a pic of your raw one.
    I will soon enough, my frame should arrive to a friend's house in Indiana today, and she will send it my way. So I guess I will have it in a week, I already bought a Pike on ebay and ordered a set of wheels from chain reaction cycles (Hope Pro 2s on DT 5.1s ), So I should be ready to build it up when the frame shows up.

I'll let you know!

Cheers,
    Cris

"Its All Good"
    I will soon enough, my frame should arrive to a friend's house in Indiana today, and she will send it my way. So I guess I will have it in a week, I already bought a Pike on ebay and ordered a set of wheels from chain reaction cycles (Hope Pro 2s on DT 5.1s ), So I should be ready to build it up when the frame shows up.

I'll let you know!

Cheers,
    Cris
    loving my 5.1 rims at this point, real srong. An I am loving the Pike also. Did you get the 454 air u turn?

loving my 5.1 rims at this point, real srong. An I am loving the Pike also. Did you get the 454 air u turn?

Exactly! 454 Air U-turn

"Its All Good"
    Exactly! 454 Air U-turn
    You will love this fork, light and stiff and buttery..

Here get a bit of Pike into ya day....
    Attached Images Attached Images

You will love this fork, light and stiff and buttery..

Here get a bit of Pike into ya day....
    Thanks... It looks awesome...

I picked this beauty up for €325 on ebay, the guy says he never installed it, although he cut the tube at 25 cm. But it looks pretty good and I think I got a good deal.

EDIT: I think I got a good deal because the guy placed it as a 2005 model, but, if I remember correctly, there wasn't a 454 in 2005, the models were SL, Race and Team

I hope to get it in the next couple of days.

Cheers,
    Cris
    Last edited by crisillo; 08-01-2006 at 06:37 AM.

"Its All Good"
    Thanks... It looks awesome...

I picked this beauty up for 325 on ebay, the guy says he never installed it, although he cut the tube at 25 cm. But it looks pretty good and I think I got a good deal.

EDIT: I think I got a good deal because the guy placed it as a 2005 model, but, if I remember correctly, there wasn't a 454 in 2005, the models were SL, Race and Team :-D

I hope to get it in the next couple of days.

Cheers,
    Cris
    Spanking, looks mint, certainly not 05 from what I could see... On to it....

Spanking, looks mint, certainly not 05 from what I could see... On to it....
    I just received a mail from the seller, he just shipped it, so it should be here in 1-2 days and he said he bought on July 27th, so it is really new

Can't wait!

mtbr member

Timely post...

I didn't want to have to send Condi over there to settle things down... (not that she would've been any more effective here)...hehe...

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    I didn't want to have to send Condi over there to settle things down... (not that she would've been any more effective here)...hehe...
    Felt so to flipnidaho, glad it has chilled things out.... Am surprised and glad that Jerk Chicken has not come in here and stirred and created unpleasantness on this thread too.

All good..................

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast