Vitamin Bike Added

Yeti 575 Frame with RP23 sag issues?

Hey guys, recently bought a 2010 575 and have been trying to set the sag on the RP23. /I have this shock on another bike (kona frame) with a totally different suspension design and can get away with running a fraction of the pressure in the shock for the same desired sag (~20%). I am only 175lbs and currently have 170PSI in the rp23 on the 575 and still get about 33% sag. Anyone else find this with the 575? The shock seems solid, no appreciable leaks and holding air well so I'm assuming it's just an idiosyncrasy of the linkage design. Thoughts?
    Keep the rubber side down

Mr. Knowitall
    Different linkages, different pressures. As well as damping characteristics. Run your 575 at 25-30% sag and you are good to go.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I agree with hssp. I run my 575 ('09) at 150psi and I weigh 170. I did have my RP23 PUSHed though. Made a world of difference in how the bike runs through its travel. If your setup problems continue, you might think about calling PUSH and having a talk with them. It is kind of pricey, but well worth the $$ in the smiles you get while riding.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    I had the previous iteration of the 575.

There's no point comparing shock pressures between two different frames which probably have different leverage ratios. Just select the pressure that gives you the amount of sag that want.

FWIW, I used to run ~150 PSI at 150 weight (including riding gear) to get ~30% sag.

I also ran a PUSHed RP23. This did not affect the required air pressures. There was a noticeable difference in the ride after the PUSH, but in the long run, I not sure that it was worth the cost as the difference wasn't mindblowing.

mtbr member
    Mike87 and womble,

When you had your shock pushed did you get just the "Factory Rebuild" or did you get the "Factory Tuning System"?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    i had mine push'd with the big hit kit also and have been extremely happy with it on my 09 575

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiketodd View Post
    Mike87 and womble,

When you had your shock pushed did you get just the "Factory Rebuild" or did you get the "Factory Tuning System"?
    I had the factory tune. It gave a better ride (and not just because it included a rebuild, I used to do replace seals and oil myself anyway). It was more controlled on fast stuttery stuff. Most of the infamous 575 'wallow' disappeared but enough remained that I still noticed it on out of the saddle tech climbing or bursts. My solution to the latter was to eventually buy a different frame.
    Last edited by womble; 01-20-2013 at 11:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Womble,

If you don't mind what frame did you end up with?

Thx,
    Mtnbiketodd

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    A Reign X.

I'd been riding an Anthem for a while and was highly impressed with Maestro vs the 575 single pivot.

When pedaling (climbing or sudden bursts of acceleration) out of the saddle, both the RX and 575 bob, but I can't feel it on the RX whereas it was highly noticeable on the 575. And the RX has an additional inch of travel.

I miss the Yeti- it was a beautiful frame and I really like the company. I just preferred another suspension design and wanted more travel for steeper terrain.