mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Yeti 575 Enduro!

Hey guys,

I have only been riding since last summer, but I decided to take the plunge and order a good mountain bike. I ride at least once a week and killed off my poor Trek Navigator (which was breaking, literally, once per week from my abuse). I went to various shops and read all the reviews. One of the big difficulties I had was in sizing my bike. I am 5'4-5'5 but I have short-ass legs and a loooong torso (circus freak!). So I ordered a XS frame and an extra long stem. Hopefully this will work out. I really don't even have good standover on a 15.5 frame. I damn near bought a woman's frame just to avoid the hassle. But the standover on the Yeti is decent on the XS, so we shall see how my boys do.

Anyway, I bought the Enduro build. I know it has some cheaper components, but I figure the 575 will be a fine platform for improvement as I bust things over the next few years.

It should be here on thursday, God and UPS willing.

mtbr member
    cool man, welcome!
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    congrats, im loving my 575 enduro build, i give it

mtbr member

The best bike i ever had !!

I 2nd Congrats, I am also loving my enduro Build as well I give it Because It took everything i gave at it up at Winter Park from Greens to Blacks , Always Loved Kleins but this bike is da bomb !!
    My new Quote is "don't let friends ride old bikes on DH Trails "

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    It has arrived. The differance between my cheesy Trek hybrid and this is absurd. I was able to hit curbs in my parking lot like they were sturdy ant hills. I am trying to figure out how to operate the X7 shifters though. They aren't exactly inutive for me.

Now to tune it for this weekend!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Wow! Road it some more. Simply amazing bike. Now I need to finish tuning it up.

Hey, is it unusual for a bike to come from Jenson with NO manuals or instructions of any type?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    good to hear you are enjoying your new ride. never ordered bike from jenson so i cant say, try calling them up or shooting them an email

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Small problem. The front disk on the Exlixir 5 brake is rubbing. If you turn it you can hear it make contact and rub. The rear brake does not do this. How to fix?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    make sure that the brake caliper is bolted on tight enough and that the wheel is in properly tight as well. If you do not know the proper amount to tighten the bolts to, hit a shop so that you don't strip the fork. Stripping the fork will get real expensive, real fast.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Small problem. The front disk on the Exlixir 5 brake is rubbing. If you turn it you can hear it make contact and rub. The rear brake does not do this. How to fix?
    Hold onto your original receipt for warranty purposes and download the manual from the Yeti website here: http://www.yeticycles.com/#/support/

My ASR-7 showed up without any sort of paperwork from Competitive cyclist, so maybe it's the norm?....

As for the brake in question....loosen the two caliper bolts, squeeze the brake lever. Then while still squeezing the lever, retighten the two bolts. This centers the caliper on the rotor....help it helps-

-bp
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Tried retightening the caliper. No good. However, when I loosened it I spun it and there is a certain part of the disk that rubs more than others. Ie, as I loosened the bolts and spun the wheel there was one specific part that made the rubbing noise last before I loosened the bolt far enough so there was no rub. Bent disk?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Then your rotor is slightly warped. You can try bending it using a pair of wrenches, but they will inherently bend. As long as it's not a bad drag, just ride it.

As for the noise while turning, make sure you have a good strong QR and it's tight. If you are on a 15mm fork, make sure the through-axle is adjusted correctly.

mtbr member
    Yea if its just making a noise and not dragging I wouldn't worry about it.

Not familiar with the elixers, but I had hayes stroker trails on my old bike and they were horrible impossible to get them to not rub. I have Shimano XT's now and they have a spring and seem to center themselves automagically really well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I took it out for a 7 mile run at a local trail. Inauspicious start! I got chainstuck/chain suck lol. It wasn't even on a hard part of the trail, I was switching back into first and blam. At some point it slipped up between the chainstay and the crank. I had to compress the shock to get it out. Dug a nice notch in the chainstay.Blah.

However! Other than that the bike was incredible. It just gobles up stuff that would have busted my kiester on my own bike. The brakes are a lot better than my old bike so I pretty much have to leave my front brake alone.

Great bike on the technicals. Jenson USA may have some splainin' to do on their so-called pro build. Glad it was free.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    If it only makes the sound while turning, front wheel axle might need some more tension on it... then of course the pads may be off kilter, so you may have too adjust them as well...

Just my .02 from previous builds/ bad service from online retailers....

P.S. i own a pair of 09' elixer 5's in white, so im not just talking out my arse!!!! but my problem was with an improperly tensioned 20mm maxle on a rockshock Pike 05'

hope this helps...

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I took it out for a 7 mile run at a local trail. Inauspicious start! I got chainstuck/chain suck lol. It wasn't even on a hard part of the trail, I was switching back into first and blam. At some point it slipped up between the chainstay and the crank. I had to compress the shock to get it out. Dug a nice notch in the chainstay.Blah.

However! Other than that the bike was incredible. It just gobles up stuff that would have busted my kiester on my own bike. The brakes are a lot better than my old bike so I pretty much have to leave my front brake alone.

Great bike on the technicals. Jenson USA may have some splainin' to do on their so-called pro build. Glad it was free.
    make sure the low adj. screw on the front D is properly set... sorry ta hear about the scratch, but hey, atleast the break-in period is over.....

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    " but hey, atleast the break-in period is over.....'

You think like me. I am always partially relieved when my car gets it's first ding so I can just drive the damn thing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    My '11 575 from Jenson came with only a general manual telling me all about the dangers of bicycling.
    The .pdf manual for the new 575 only recently showed up on the Yeti website.

ATinkerer

mtbr member
    Never got a manual as well but it has been up on there site for a few months now, But really anyone who buys a Yeti this is not there first bike should know what there doing. Any joe Bob off the street just does not go in to a yeti dealer and say i want that bike !!

Heck i never got one when i bought my Mantra Pro back in 96 but did get one with the 4 other Kleins i bought in the 90's.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by YETI_Chris View Post
    Never got a manual as well but it has been up on there site for a few months now, But really anyone who buys a Yeti this is not there first bike should know what there doing. Any joe Bob off the street just does not go in to a yeti dealer and say i want that bike !!

Heck i never got one when i bought my Mantra Pro back in 96 but did get one with the 4 other Kleins i bought in the 90's.
    Didn't see even a hint of support in that statement,... BUT the sarcasm couldn't be missed...

hey Greg, welcome too the tribe.. Goodluck!
    And don't let one bad post ruin your faith in these forums, we all start newb's and then accrue knowledge and prowess along the journey, ENJOY yours!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by toast33 View Post
    Didn't see even a hint of support in that statement,... BUT the sarcasm couldn't be missed...

hey Greg, welcome too the tribe.. Goodluck!
    And don't let one bad post ruin your faith in these forums, we all start newb's and then accrue knowledge and prowess along the journey, ENJOY yours!!!

Thanks
    Last edited by YETI_Chris; 07-24-2011 at 07:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I don't mind. I am enjoying learning. I actually went straight over the handlebars the other day. A weird combo of (1) pedal strike, (2) hands on the front brake, (3) over-agressive rebound. It was awesome! I was in the dirt, the bike was in the bushes. NOT A SCRATCH! lol. OK, a few scratches.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Another 8 mile trail today. I had everything set-up properly for my weight. Much better. No flipping over the handle bars today which is a big improvement. No chain suck either. I am learning a lot doing my own set-up adjustments.

The only trouble I am still having is the front brake rub. I am going to order a bleeder kit and try and see what I can do.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Before you bleed your brakes, try removing the front wheel and the pads then just manually reset the pad contact calipers... Which are usuallyon avid brakes!
    Just make sure not too depress the brake lever with pads an rotor not present, this could "lock" or cease the brake hydraulics in the extended position