"Its All Good"

Yeti 575 with Carbon Rare

Have been pockign around and investigating the 575 a little. After our great rivalry with Yeti Titus, thought I would study up.

Have to say the carbon rare on the 575 is a work of art. What does it look like in the flesh?

Got the photos off of go ride website. Very cool frame

In saying that, the Yeti DH frame 303DH is some serious sex on toast.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I was at my LBS today checking out this very breed of 575s. I must say that it looks very well done indeed. Overall, the rear is not as beefy-looking as the ML but looks very solid and shoudl feel good while riding it. The carbon with 2.35 tires seems to have a few mm less clearance than the Alum rear. This is very obvious if you look at them with the same tires like I was. The Alum may fit 2.5 tires while I don't think the carbon will effectively manage that. However, I think I could easily tell that the carbon weighs around a half pound less in the rear triangle.

The Medium frame in carbon weighs 5.75 lbs (Alum- 6.2 lbs) and looks especially blingy in white

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    I was at my LBS today checking out this very breed of 575s. I must say that it looks very well done indeed. Overall, the rear is not as beefy-looking as the ML but looks very solid and shoudl feel good while riding it. The carbon with 2.35 tires seems to have a few mm less clearance than the Alum rear. This is very obvious if you look at them with the same tires like I was. The Alum may fit 2.5 tires while I don't think the carbon will effectively manage that. However, I think I could easily tell that the carbon weighs around a half pound less in the rear triangle.

The Medium frame in carbon weighs 5.75 lbs (Alum- 6.2 lbs) and looks especially blingy in white
    Hope to see one in the flesh one day, sure would look good and blingy in white. Carbon will be invading all high end bikes soon I would imagine.

Sweet looking frame anyways...

Any Yeti riders got one, would love to see some pics
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Hi!!!
    I saw garnetspur's Yeti that has a carbon rear on Friday afternoon at a LBS. Pretty damn sweet looking!
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

www.yetifan.com
    I've not seen many over at Yetifan, maybe there will be more out there in a few months?

Andrew

"Its All Good"
    some one will surely come out of the wood work with a picture...

mtbr member

orange frame with carbon rear end

whafe. here you go dude.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    whafe. here you go dude.
    Dang, now that is abit of sex on toast..............Thank you for the pictures. That rare end is sexy. Like the way the cables are routed also, well out of the way.............

And your ride thoughts, did you have an Ali rare end previously to the carbon?

Thanks again, thats a hot looking orange too. Those Yeti's have some fantastic colours

Gravity Tester
    Hey Whafe!

Funny that you're sniffing a 575, me too. I'm also a somewhat new MotoLite owner (5 months), and I'm slightly disappointed with a few things and I'm taking a serious look at a frame swap. Because of Titus' b-i-g jump in frame size between SM small and Medium frames I opted for a Small (I'm 5'7, stout build 195lbs). What I didn't realize about the ML small was the difference in shock stroke length. While Titus clams the same suspension performance for all sizes, my results don't agree. I blow through most of the shock travel on "nothing" trails in 5" mode. I end up in the 4" mode, PP on firm (Pushed shock BTW) and damn near 240 lbs of pressure in the rear shock!

What I wanted was a 5" trailbike with a compliant, somewhat active, suspension. What I ended up with is a 4" bike that I worry about every time I take a 2 foot drop. I've got other complaints but they're component related. All-in-all, the Titus hasn't proven to be the bike I was hoping for.

I'm trying to round up a Medium 575 test ride this week. You're right, the White / Raw frame is a looker! So if the test ride suits my style and body, I'll probably be defecting from the Titus camp.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Check with Yeti on the DHX Air fitting on their small frame- I think it does. I would really like to try out a ML now that we have had all these discussion on the two. I will admit that every time I see that white carbon 575, it calls my name. It says it needs me and hasn't seen any trails- poor lil' guy

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangeruss
    Hey Whafe!

Funny that you're sniffing a 575, me too. I'm also a somewhat new MotoLite owner (5 months), and I'm slightly disappointed with a few things and I'm taking a serious look at a frame swap. Because of Titus' b-i-g jump in frame size between SM small and Medium frames I opted for a Small (I'm 5'7, stout build 195lbs). What I didn't realize about the ML small was the difference in shock stroke length. While Titus clams the same suspension performance for all sizes, my results don't agree. I blow through most of the shock travel on "nothing" trails in 5" mode. I end up in the 4" mode, PP on firm (Pushed shock BTW) and damn near 240 lbs of pressure in the rear shock!

What I wanted was a 5" trailbike with a compliant, somewhat active, suspension. What I ended up with is a 4" bike that I worry about every time I take a 2 foot drop. I've got other complaints but they're component related. All-in-all, the Titus hasn't proven to be the bike I was hoping for.

I'm trying to round up a Medium 575 test ride this week. You're right, the White / Raw frame is a looker! So if the test ride suits my style and body, I'll probably be defecting from the Titus camp.
    Dangeruss, dam dude, hard situation for sure. Taking into account your thoughts on the small and my thoughts on the large. There defiantly must be something happening with the frame sizes in regards to the suspension. Where a I am thrashing mine and not blowing through the travel. That would suck constantly in the 4 inch mode on full PP with a Push´d shock, and 240 lbs... Man alive I would be well pissed...........

Have you put a thread up to see how the other small ML owners are getting on.

I am not unhappy with my ML, am loving it. As Flyer mentions, since the posts etc I have been checking out the Yeti´s, to be fair, I never looked at them in the past....

Try one, could well be the go. And for me, get the frame combo colour that Flyer is talking of. White and Carbon. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ti is addictive

Same Brain Waves

LMAO Whafe, just spent 2 weeks in the Washington and Oregon Coast for holidays and had a chance to look at the 575 Al and Carbon up close, To coin a phrase "damn thats sex on toast" Nothing wrong looking at other bikes, even for us Titus cultists. Just as long as our "wives" don't catch us looking or drooling (Right BA ---LOL)

Gotta say awfully tempting to buy a 575, rides nice, factory specs are decent, only trouble is Yeti's policy on shipping bikes to us Canucks (gotta protect their distibutor up here)

So maybe I won't be goin for the 3x TiTi's after all. Oh well, one shouldn't put all their eggs in one basket. And I've always lusted after a touquoise team blue yeti since I was a wee little boy.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    LMAO Whafe, just spent 2 weeks in the Washington and Oregon Coast for holidays and had a chance to look at the 575 Al and Carbon up close, To coin a phrase "damn thats sex on toast" Nothing wrong looking at other bikes, even for us Titus cultists. Just as long as our "wives" don't catch us looking or drooling (Right BA ---LOL)

Gotta say awfully tempting to buy a 575, rides nice, factory specs are decent, only trouble is Yeti's policy on shipping bikes to us Canucks (gotta protect their distibutor up here)

So maybe I won't be goin for the 3x TiTi's after all. Oh well, one shouldn't put all their eggs in one basket. And I've always lusted after a touquoise team blue yeti since I was a wee little boy.
    I hear ya loud and clear.. Just a little drool.................... Am still drooling over me Exo ML. and soem more drooling................... Just really liked the art side of that Yeti Carbon rare..................Do any riding while on vacation?

Ti is addictive
    Not really, this was the one with the family (ie wifey and 2 kiddo's). Suppose to relax me and bring me peace and tranquiltiy and stabilize my Karma. So while wife went shopping with the daughter, boy and me went bike shopping (not much riding other then parking lot). Oh well, gotta find a riding spot that the whole family can go to and all be happy...LOL

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Not really, this was the one with the family (ie wifey and 2 kiddo's). Suppose to relax me and bring me peace and tranquiltiy and stabilize my Karma. So while wife went shopping with the daughter, boy and me went bike shopping (not much riding other then parking lot). Oh well, gotta find a riding spot that the whole family can go to and all be happy...LOL
    All good though, am sure your son would have enjoyed looking at MTB's..........Start them young. Yep a spot with riding for all would be good. Best you take the family to Moab or Fruita, that would cater for all am sure............