Thread: yeti 4x

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

yeti 4x

i am thinking about building up an yeti 4x and i was wondering if i could run a front dearailer and how thing would do on climbs? i know it wont be like a dedicated crosscountry bike but still i would like to do a little climbing

Bomber
    just get a 575, the 4x geometry really wont feel good on anything but a 4x course, thats all its really designed for, something with long swoopy berms, nice doubles etc. The 575 would probaby be a better choice if u arent to serious about racing but just want a fun, beat around bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    i do race most of the norba races and am just looking to get somthing that will excel on the race course but then every once and a while starp a front dearailer on and climb

mtbr member
    you'd need to come up with a hell of a seatpost. I've never taken a pedal stroke on my 4X sitting down. I suppose anything is possible, but the enduro kit 575 would probably kill it going uphill. just my 2 cents. scott

mtbr member
    Not to take anything away from Yeti. We lov'em at Go-ride. However if you want a Pro level 4X bike that can also be ridden XC then consider the Ventana X5. It is the bike our Pro team is racing and I have one myself. You can get the X5 with a 4" travel link that lowers BB height and slackens the HA. This bike already has cable stops for a front drlr and makes a great XC bike. You could even order an additional 5" link to make a great off-season trail bike.

Here's a pic of mine.

Scott @ GO-RIDE.com
    Turner DHR
    Pivot Mach 6
    Giant Anthem 27.5
    Salsa Bear Grease C
    Lil Shredder 20" - son's

East Coast Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott@GO-RIDE.com
    Not to take anything away from Yeti. We lov'em at Go-ride. However if you want a Pro level 4X bike that can also be ridden XC then consider the Ventana X5. It is the bike our Pro team is racing and I have one myself. You can get the X5 with a 4" travel link that lowers BB height and slackens the HA. This bike already has cable stops for a front drlr and makes a great XC bike. You could even order an additional 5" link to make a great off-season trail bike.

Here's a pic of mine.

i was wondering about this bike when i saw it in ur list of bikes. that things pretty sick too, nice
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]